Why is Ensk so laggy?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Okeano #1 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 16:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30400 battles
  • [HACK1] HACK1
Now some of you will say "It's not laggy for me." But I'm not talking about the ones with new computers and 4-10GBs of ram. My laptop is 4 years old and only have 2 GBs of ram. It runs most maps just fine, even city ones, but Ensk is the only map that I lag so much due to ram shortage that it's not even playable. Why is this map so memory intensive compare to other city maps?

Ironmonger69 #2 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 7146 battles
Dunno, it's a smaller map than most, too.  Maybe the number of destructable objects on the map?

fire_raven #3 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 18:29

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3548 battles
Been having the same problem with that map for months now. Started immediately after one of the patches in Beta.

wcompumike #4 Posted Jul 26 2011 - 09:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7053 battles
Same here, altho it doesnt seem to happen to me every time.

Atreides #5 Posted Jul 26 2011 - 12:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8159 battles
Yeah I have a slower computer than most and I'm regretting my decision not to buy one of the more powerful computers. I've tried a couple of different configurations, but there's nothing that can visibly improve performance. That I'm aware of anyway.

rshoaf883 #6 Posted Jul 26 2011 - 15:03

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 37576 battles
  • [MTLHD] MTLHD

View PostOkeano, on Jul 22 2011 - 16:26, said:

Now some of you will say "It's not laggy for me." But I'm not talking about the ones with new computers and 4-10GBs of ram. My laptop is 4 years old and only have 2 GBs of ram. It runs most maps just fine, even city ones, but Ensk is the only map that I lag so much due to ram shortage that it's not even playable. Why is this map so memory intensive compare to other city maps?

You are really running the low end of XP and you need to free up memory.  I would only run WoT by itself.. so if you're running any other programs, close them while playing. Now you need to clean out your Task List. Before you start WoT, do a CRTL-ALT-DEL to pull up your Task List. Click the Processes tab. Close as many programs as you can by right clicking and choosing End Task.. but only close the programs you know.. The rest you will have to search on the Internet to see if they are needed or not.  The list can get pretty long, and every time you start your PC, they will be back.. so write down on paper the ones you don't need while playing.

You can also download a program called Game Booster.  It's free.  What it does is go through all running programs and closes those that aren't needed. I know some people don't like it, but for those non-geeks that don't know every process running it can be very helpful.

I'd also recommend upgrading to 4GB RAM if your laptop can take it.  You can find it fairly cheaply at newegg or tigerdirect.  If you pop open the memory door on your laptop, the memory type should be listed on the memory board.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users