Jump to content


Type 59 Contest - Create a WoT Horror Movie poster


  • Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

Viris_12 #201 Posted Jun 01 2016 - 15:58

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3134 battles
  • 33
  • [NTCRR] NTCRR
  • Member since:
    09-19-2015

waiting to see who wins!(i might be waiting to see if i win lol!)

 



GhostPrime #202 Posted Jun 01 2016 - 22:34

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • 1,530
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013
So many great Entries! I will have the winners up by tomorrow! Stay tuned! 

ironguardian #203 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 02:19

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15555 battles
  • 202
  • [7THBC] 7THBC
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

Man I got a admit.. most of these posters are pretty good for this contest...

Though I am surprised to not see any posters dealing with missiles....  what's worse? Artillery or missiles?



SpectreHD #204 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 03:02

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16309 battles
  • 15,425
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010
Considering the number of entries, maybe the prize pool should be increased?

Zorikos #205 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 03:14

    Private

  • Players
  • 10268 battles
  • 7
  • [RUSHB] RUSHB
  • Member since:
    03-09-2014

View PostSpectreHD, on Jun 01 2016 - 20:02, said:

Considering the number of entries, maybe the prize pool should be increased?

 

:great:

9thDoctorWhooves #206 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 04:24

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 9029 battles
  • 271
  • [DSCRD] DSCRD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2012
Good luck everyone! :honoring:

Avalon304 #207 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 04:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 16084 battles
  • 5,986
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostSpectreHD, on Jun 01 2016 - 18:02, said:

Considering the number of entries, maybe the prize pool should be increased?

 

More chances for me to not win win a Type 59? Yes. Please.. I need all the help I can get.

PelhamBlue #208 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 04:49

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8281 battles
  • 168
  • Member since:
    01-18-2016

View PostSpectreHD, on Jun 01 2016 - 23:02, said:

Considering the number of entries, maybe the prize pool should be increased?

 

I totally support this, there were some really good entries, maybe increasing it to five first places and five second?

I mean, it doesn't even have to be a Type 59, I'd be absolutely happy with an E-25 ;) 

 

Anyway, I vote for more contests like this one, It's been fun!



Mocchii #209 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 05:23

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1102 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    03-23-2016

Even if I haven't won anything so far, which is unfortunate, these events and the slim chance of actually getting epic rewards is the reason I keep coming back to World of Tanks and the forums! GL to all who participated! 
and remember to not tell absolutely anyone that we have forum contests that give away cool free stuff sharing is caring, spread the joy, invite friends to compete in forum contests!!! :great:

P.S.

 


Edited by Mocchii, Jun 02 2016 - 05:25.


LeaveIT2Beaver #210 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 15:23

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 27988 battles
  • 6,872
  • [BRIG] BRIG
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View Postironguardian, on Jun 01 2016 - 20:19, said:

Man I got a admit.. most of these posters are pretty good for this contest...

Though I am surprised to not see any posters dealing with missiles....  what's worse? Artillery or missiles?

 

:justwait:

Harmless55 #211 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 18:42

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3033 battles
  • 983
  • [L0ST] L0ST
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

View PostSpectreHD, on Jun 01 2016 - 21:02, said:

Considering the number of entries, maybe the prize pool should be increased?

 

I really don't see it. Or, to put it another way: The comedy contest is next month... :D

 

View PostAvalon304, on Jun 01 2016 - 22:33, said:

 

More chances for me to not win win a Type 59? Yes. Please.. I need all the help I can get.

 

Aye, there's the rub. Win a Type 59? I'd love it, but only to say, "I did work that won this." Given my druthers, I'd take an e25. A type 59 would gather dust in my garage until I was good enough to play it competently. I'd love to win it, but I would have to either convert it to gold and grab another tank (Revalorisé? CDC? 58 Mutz when it comes back?) or let the '59 sit there, under a tarp in my garage, for a good, long time. 

I want it bad. I don't want it. I want it bad. I don't want it. 

Anyone else suffering cognitive dissonance?

 

View PostMocchii, on Jun 01 2016 - 23:23, said:

Even if I haven't won anything so far, which is unfortunate, these events and the slim chance of actually getting epic rewards is the reason I keep coming back to World of Tanks and the forums! GL to all who participated! 
and remember to not tell absolutely anyone that we have forum contests that give away cool free stuff sharing is caring, spread the joy, invite friends to compete in forum contests!!! :great:

P.S.

 

 

This contest has been a real surprise for me. I've been involved in other contests here but never one that made me dust off my long-disused DTP skills. As things stand. I kind of like my entry. It's no one else's, it's not directly derived from anyone else's work and, as far as I can see, there isn't a hair out of place on it which makes it pass muster for me. I am satisfied with what I did and, I don't think I have any causes for jealousy since there are more than enough entries here that are a good and proper homage to the posters of the fifties and early sixties which are butt-ugly typographically and garish as a baboon's backside, but they had a style all their own and more than enough of the entries to take the whole prize-pool captured that style really, really well. 

I wish I were one of the judges. I wish I could reward the people whose entries combined style with basic competence and real skill. 


Edited by Harmless55, Jun 02 2016 - 18:43.


Viris_12 #212 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 18:48

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3134 battles
  • 33
  • [NTCRR] NTCRR
  • Member since:
    09-19-2015
GhostPrimei realized you said you would announce the winners on wensday

Harmless55 #213 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 18:48

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3033 battles
  • 983
  • [L0ST] L0ST
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

View Postalegetbrz, on May 31 2016 - 13:01, said:

 

Harmless55, In the dafont.com... they have a section "horror fonts"

 

Ah, okay! Thanks!

Next time there's a horror poster contest... :D

 



Harmless55 #214 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 19:04

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3033 battles
  • 983
  • [L0ST] L0ST
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

View PostViris_12, on Jun 02 2016 - 12:48, said:

GhostPrimei realized you said you would announce the winners on wensday

 

Yes, but they're always busy. I don't remember ever having seen a contest where the winners were announced on schedule and that makes perfect sense. They're busy and judging artistic contests by committee involves meetings, hashing things out, comparisons. Taste and office politics. 

I'm surprised the winners are never announced a week late. A day or so is par for the course. 

BrunoPitbull #215 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 19:23

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 23717 battles
  • 342
  • [-GO-] -GO-
  • Member since:
    04-03-2015
:medal::medal::child::child::popcorn:

Viris_12 #216 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 19:32

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3134 battles
  • 33
  • [NTCRR] NTCRR
  • Member since:
    09-19-2015

View PostHarmless55, on Jun 02 2016 - 19:04, said:

 

Yes, but they're always busy. I don't remember ever having seen a contest where the winners were announced on schedule and that makes perfect sense. They're busy and judging artistic contests by committee involves meetings, hashing things out, comparisons. Taste and office politics. 

I'm surprised the winners are never announced a week late. A day or so is par for the course. 

good point

 



GhostPrime #217 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 20:02

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • 1,530
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

A long last! 

Here are the winners of this contest! 

 

Top three winners will receive a Type 59 + Garage slot.

SpectreHD

Twofingers

AndrewSledge

2 Runners up will receive 1,000 Gold! 

alegetbrz

9thDoctorWhooves

 

Congratulations!

 


scyorkie #218 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 20:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 65978 battles
  • 2,992
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    10-26-2011
Hrm.. wanted to click the names to see their artwork, but the links don't seem to work.

BENtheawsomeTANK #219 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 20:06

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3677 battles
  • 212
  • [ETAW] ETAW
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on Jun 02 2016 - 19:02, said:

A long last! 

Here are the winners of this contest! 

 

Top three winners will receive a Type 59 + Garage slot.

SpectreHD

Twofingers

AndrewSledge

2 Runners up will receive 1,000 Gold! 

alegetbrz

9thDoctorWhooves

 

Congratulations!

 

congrats to the winners!

I hope the next contest is for photoshopped stuff!


Edited by BENtheawsomeTANK, Jun 02 2016 - 20:15.


Viris_12 #220 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 20:12

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3134 battles
  • 33
  • [NTCRR] NTCRR
  • Member since:
    09-19-2015
well i didnt win(i never win) but i think this contest was a good contest and its a contest anyone can do




3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users