No more "arty-safe"! New arty mod/hack to ruin everyone else's game.

mod illegal mod arty

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

E25_Syndrome_Aito #21 Posted May 17 2016 - 16:44

Major

• Players
  • 61420 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostTwixOps, on May 17 2016 - 15:20, said:

Your font gives me cancer.  

#Stop_Purple_Text

Too bad then buddy.

Cause I happen to like it and I will keep doing what I like to do.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #22 Posted May 17 2016 - 16:57

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View Post__WARDADDY_, on May 17 2016 - 08:27, said:

sure son you wish will be wargamings commandSmile_trollface-3.gif

it already was 4 times now

KV-1S got nerfed(aka removed from tier 6)

Super P got rebuffed

T-34-3 got gun depression

and STA-2 is getting a pen buff

so a 5th time isn't impossible.

lead_deficiency #23 Posted May 17 2016 - 21:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 46469 battles
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U

Think of it as playing     rock, paper, scissors   

If you think you have the toughest heavy in the match,

an arty could ruin your day.

Meanwhile the weakest light easily destroys the biggest arty,

It's all balanced.

TwixOps #24 Posted May 18 2016 - 16:23

Major

• Players
  • 51637 battles

View PostGasai__Yuno, on May 17 2016 - 11:44, said:

Too bad then buddy.

Cause I happen to like it and I will keep doing what I like to do.

Your font gives me cancer.  

#Stop_Purple_Text

Verblonde #25 Posted May 18 2016 - 18:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 17996 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB

View PostSock5, on May 17 2016 - 09:42, said:

Kind of like Blitz.  No arty: so TD's are the main beasts there.

The lack of arty is (to my surprise) one of the, admittedly several, reasons why Blitz is not nearly as good as the PC version of the game - in my opinion, of course.

I would disagree though with the suggestion that TDs are pre-eminent in Blitz though: they've been busily messing with the maps such that anything that snipes (including things like Panthers, as well) is increasingly knackered...

SeanPwnery #26 Posted May 18 2016 - 18:19

Major

• Veteran Testers
  • 27337 battles
  • [RELSH] RELSH

Remove Arty today...

Whining for removing TD's tomorrow...

...then light tanks...

...then MBT's disguised as medium tanks...

It will end when they change the name of the game to Pong.

Once again, the masses are attacking the wrong end of the problem. The maps are the size of Wal-mart Parking lots - and you're mad about artillery that takes 7-9 seconds to fire from A1 to J10 (sometimes longer).

Make the maps bigger which will make the shell travel times longer - which in turn also makes the accuracy more liable to veering off due to windage over distance (meaning there would be a blanket accuracy nerf at distance for artillery)... not that physics have anything to do with arcade "realism" right? :rolleyes:

Hartmen #27 Posted May 18 2016 - 21:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27764 battles
  • [UNA] UNA

View PostGasai__Yuno, on May 17 2016 - 14:26, said:

Nothing else in this game has not caused as much problems and anger than artillery has.

You would think that WG would do something about it but well, they have not.

It is obviously the most game experience ruining thing out there.

Oddly enough very few people like tooling around doing pretty well then suddenly exploding.  In fact it isn't even that much fun enaging with an enemy only to have him blow up his last 50 pts in front of me.

Arty should be a consumable (like Repair Kit or Fire Extinguisher) ya call it in and maybe it works and maybe it doesn't.

Verblonde #28 Posted May 18 2016 - 22:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 17996 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB
I don't find playing against arty to be that annoying really (I mentally file it under the same category as random rocks falling from the ceiling in Tomb Raider type games); yeah, it sucks to get one-shotted by some blighter on the opposition base-line, but it's not worth getting ulcers over. I actually prefer to fight against arty than the Jap heavies, for example.

There is one *really* good reason to reform arty though: it's almost unspeakably boring to play! (Edit: with the possible exception of Bert and the French premium)

Edited by Verblonde, May 18 2016 - 22:07.

Dogg_zilla #29 Posted May 18 2016 - 22:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9456 battles

Nothing else in this game has not caused as much problems and anger than artillery has.

Are you serious? Match maker by far has the most complaints. 

Hey, lets put you up against something you cannot hurt, but can penetrate you frontally from all distances. 

So balanced. 

Cold_War #30 Posted May 26 2016 - 04:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 67438 battles

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 17 2016 - 08:07, said:

remove arty.  problem solved

its not like arty was helping the game anyone.  it just forced people to camp and pray they didn't get spotted.  anyone lit(aka who isn't hardcore camping) gets smashed

Remove the whiners. Problem solved. Deal with it or go play Candy Crush. Maybe there you can piss and moan about the OP snickers bars.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #31 Posted May 26 2016 - 05:01

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostCold_War, on May 25 2016 - 20:58, said:

Remove the whiners. Problem solved. Deal with it or go play Candy Crush. Maybe there you can piss and moan about the OP snickers bars.

63k battles?

go outside for once.     also i get the feeling you live off snickers if u live indoors 24/7

Charlie_The_Cat #32 Posted May 26 2016 - 16:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14855 battles

View PostAddicted2Trance, on May 17 2016 - 08:03, said:

Remember when arty players used to blame their poor targets for not staying "arty-safe" behind a mountain or natural obstacle when they get one-shot or get served with multiple-module-damage hit?

Well, there's a new mod on the market today that will literally encourage tankers to either camp on their cap or stop playing WoT altogether. 

Fight illegal mods. Stop this none sense. Wargaming, it's time to take real action! 

The mods are out there, some are free others are pay-only. But they are available for grabs, and nothing in the game can stop the cheaters.

28k + hits on the video so far in 2 days. How many gonna start using it?

I decided to remove any links, so not to spread the cancer/plague any further. But it's on FB, on YT, everywhere.

Even with the best 'hacks', arty hitting a target relies too much on RNG and your previous winning streak.  So I don't really care that arty can see inside my tank that my driver has secretly smuggled in a bottle of vodka for those 'oh sh*t' moments and thus being able to predict where he will turn in 3 sec.

Arty is fun to play 20% of time, the rest is just like playing lotery: you expect big numbers, but in the end you just lose your time.

aethervox #33 Posted May 30 2016 - 19:35

Major

• Players
  • 27033 battles
  • [PFLL] PFLL

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 17 2016 - 14:07, said:

remove arty.  problem solved

its not like arty was helping the game anyone.  it just forced people to camp and pray they didn't get spotted.  anyone lit(aka who isn't hardcore camping) gets smashed

Arty whining is just like map whining - all that has happened is that both have been nerfed to the detriment of the game.+

Being spotted is a function of scouting and/or moving forward oneself. The lit types usually get it from another tank not an arty (wrong again, Strike witch).

Arty is designed to stop hardcore camping cause if the idiot doesn't move then the idiot is fair game for any arty (or any other teammate).

Wrong Gasai, the worst problem in WoT is the map whining, the map restrictions and the map removals. WG has already nerfed Arty (almost to the point of redundancy).

View PostHartmen, on May 18 2016 - 21:47, said:

Oddly enough very few people like tooling around doing pretty well then suddenly exploding.  In fact it isn't even that much fun enaging with an enemy only to have him blow up his last 50 pts in front of me.

Arty should be a consumable (like Repair Kit or Fire Extinguisher) ya call it in and maybe it works and maybe it doesn't.

Another arty whine. No one likes to get killed in WoT but what is the object here, Hartmen? It is to kill the enemy vehicles.

Again, if one dies from arty fire, it, usually, is the fault of the dead player who didn't move enough.

I don't see the arties getting Top Guns nowadays. That is the preserve of the other classes now.

Very instructive that the ones who whine about arties are the 'Campers'.

No one likes Campers.

Even more so, no one likes Campers whining.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #34 Posted May 30 2016 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View Postaethervox, on May 30 2016 - 11:35, said:

Arty whining is just like map whining - all that has happened is that both have been nerfed to the detriment of the game.+

Being spotted is a function of scouting and/or moving forward oneself. The lit types usually get it from another tank not an arty (wrong again, Strike witch).

Arty is designed to stop hardcore camping cause if the idiot doesn't move then the idiot is fair game for any arty (or any other teammate).

Wrong Gasai, the worst problem in WoT is the map whining, the map restrictions and the map removals. WG has already nerfed Arty (almost to the point of redundancy).

Another arty whine. No one likes to get killed in WoT but what is the object here, Hartmen? It is to kill the enemy vehicles.

Again, if one dies from arty fire, it, usually, is the fault of the dead player who didn't move enough.

I don't see the arties getting Top Guns nowadays. That is the preserve of the other classes now.

Very instructive that the ones who whine about arties are the 'Campers'.

No one likes Campers.

Even more so, no one likes Campers whining.

except campers are not lit

or if they are, are usually behind arty proof cover.

so arty can't hurt them.

while those who aren't camping get lit due to proximity to the enemy,   and usually don't have arty cover as they are busy contending with normal tanks.

so arty murders those who don't camp.

WG ADMIT THIS.  yes, WG actually ADMIT arty is serving the opposite of its intended purpose

thats why the rework for arty isn't going to be a buff or nerf, but a complete redo for how arty works. (aka, support, not dmg. we'll likely see arty doing 25% of the dmg it does now,   but having abilities like smoke rounds,  or rounds to light certain areas of the map to reveal enemies.)

and i've seen plenty of arty top guns.

players who get killed by arty are usually killed because they are lit due to trying to fight the enemy, and now they stuck using what depression in the ground they can to avoid enemy fire as they fight it out.  except arty ignores that

hell ffs...arty IGNORES arty cover now.   that new 90 degree firing arc hits anything.   and you can bet that exploit has put WG working overtime on reworking arty so it can't do that anymore.

but hey, i wouldn't expect you to know how the game works

tell me, how is the sturmpanzer II?   3k games in it seems  bit overkill. 

specially when all other tanks of yours struggle to get 1 penning shot a game.

oh w8 i see a high tier arty.  

as much as i hate wn8,  it does have 1 use.    you see it calculates "wn8" based on the average dmg people do in a tank.  so if a player does green dmg. thats average.   not what skilled players do.

Edited by Strike_Witch_Tomoko, May 30 2016 - 19:43.

Guest_Heldar_* #35 Posted May 30 2016 - 21:01

View Postlead_deficiency, on May 17 2016 - 14:36, said:

Think of it as playing     rock, paper, scissors   

If you think you have the toughest heavy in the match,

an arty could ruin your day.

Meanwhile the weakest light easily destroys the biggest arty,

It's all balanced.

No.  Not even close.  Please stop acting like you know what you're talking about and spreading misinformation. 

Also tagged with mod, illegal mod, arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users