Complementary and reward systems

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DJ_Moon #1 Posted May 24 2016 - 05:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 28562 battles
  • [CMPRE] CMPRE
I heard that in World of Warships, that there is a complement system to help reward players for doing good, despite there actions being less about killing and more about helping their team and it made me wonder if something like that would ever be introduced to WoT. My reason for asking is that some players will play to defend allies but get nothing for it, thus making players want to play just for themself because the get no reward for helping others. Example, when a low tier tank gets infront of a high tier tank that is almost dead in order to act as a meat shield to keep the higher tier tank alive. Or when a player helps flip a tank back onto his/her tracks when they get flipped. Obviously platoon mates and clan members should not be able to reward each other because that would be cheap. As a reward for getting a complement, I was thinking maybe a few credits, like 500 or 1000 for each complement, so like when a player carries a game 1v8, they could get up to 29k extra credits (if they are not platooning and have no clanmates in the same game). Just food for thought for the WG community.

TsarCidron #2 Posted May 24 2016 - 05:17

Major

• Players
  • 6882 battles
  • [RAID2] RAID2
Good idea.  And to prevent abuse, give a given player oh, 3-5 per day of these "thumbs up" to hand out as required.  Me, I would allow clanmates/platoon mates to as only 3-5 are handed out for distribution.    Me, I also would change it to 1gold per thumbs up. (Or, scale the reward based on how many thumbs up he gets for that battle). Yeah, its gold.  Yeah, thats the income for WG. But still.  ONE would not take alot of money out of wg pocketbook.   Also, The "thumbs up" would have to be given either in a match, or at worst, before entering the next battle. 

DJ_Moon #3 Posted May 24 2016 - 05:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 28562 battles
  • [CMPRE] CMPRE

View PostTsarCidron, on May 23 2016 - 22:17, said:

Good idea.  And to prevent abuse, give a given player oh, 3-5 per day of these "thumbs up" to hand out as required.  Me, I would allow clanmates/platoon mates to as only 3-5 are handed out for distribution.    Me, I also would change it to 1gold per thumbs up. (Or, scale the reward based on how many thumbs up he gets for that battle). Yeah, its gold.  Yeah, thats the income for WG. But still.  ONE would not take alot of money out of wg pocketbook.   Also, The "thumbs up" would have to be given either in a match, or at worst, before entering the next battle. 

I agree about limiting it, but giving gold is usually something WG only does for special events. That and 1 gold is only worth 400 credits, so even if you got 29 thumbs up (1 from each player) you'd only get 11,600 credits, which doesn't cover most repair and ammo costs. But, going off this, maybe have it tier based as well, so tier 1 only gets 100 credits per thumbs up, where as tier 10 would get 1k per thumbs up.

mkbrutaka #4 Posted May 24 2016 - 05:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 15050 battles
  • [CMPRE] CMPRE
It definitely could work. I am not sure how much game play itself would change, but at the very least people might not have matches were they regret diving in to help an ally from dying or blocking damage for a lighter tank with good DPM. It does need limits to avoid abuse, but if it's working well in WOWS then it can definitely be added and honestly I think it probably will be because some WOWS innovations have been added already.

9thDoctorWhooves #5 Posted May 24 2016 - 07:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9230 battles
  • [DSCRD] DSCRD

View Postmkbrutaka, on May 23 2016 - 20:28, said:

It definitely could work. I am not sure how much game play itself would change, but at the very least people might not have matches were they regret diving in to help an ally from dying or blocking damage for a lighter tank with good DPM. It does need limits to avoid abuse, but if it's working well in WOWS then it can definitely be added and honestly I think it probably will be because some WOWS innovations have been added already.

I was thinking the same thing, it might also make players want to help others (I mean, it could happen). I do agree, the system could easily be abused, so a limit would be needed. An all-around good idea, if done correctly. 

TsarCidron #6 Posted May 24 2016 - 07:50

Major

• Players
  • 6882 battles
  • [RAID2] RAID2

View PostDJ_Moon, on May 23 2016 - 20:22, said:

I agree about limiting it, but giving gold is usually something WG only does for special events. That and 1 gold is only worth 400 credits, so even if you got 29 thumbs up (1 from each player) you'd only get 11,600 credits, which doesn't cover most repair and ammo costs. But, going off this, maybe have it tier based as well, so tier 1 only gets 100 credits per thumbs up, where as tier 10 would get 1k per thumbs up.

The reason I went with 1g is simple.  You do good at work, get an 'atta-boy' and the boss gives you a bonus based on that, which is akin to what we are doing here. Granting a bonus based on recognized performance.   Okay.  That bonus from the boss or company is usually quite insignificant in of itself. The recognition is usually more.  The bonus may be a 25 dollar walmart gift card, an additional paid break in a day, a paid lunch (the food), you know the stuff.  One gold is in that area. We like it, we want it, but, in of itself insignificant.  Now, if we add to it, with more 'atta-boys' or pulling out our credit or debit cards.... it adds up.

DJ_Moon #7 Posted May 24 2016 - 08:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 28562 battles
  • [CMPRE] CMPRE

View PostTsarCidron, on May 24 2016 - 00:50, said:

The reason I went with 1g is simple.  You do good at work, get an 'atta-boy' and the boss gives you a bonus based on that, which is akin to what we are doing here. Granting a bonus based on recognized performance.   Okay.  That bonus from the boss or company is usually quite insignificant in of itself. The recognition is usually more.  The bonus may be a 25 dollar walmart gift card, an additional paid break in a day, a paid lunch (the food), you know the stuff.  One gold is in that area. We like it, we want it, but, in of itself insignificant.  Now, if we add to it, with more 'atta-boys' or pulling out our credit or debit cards.... it adds up.

again, the issue is that WG doesn't like to give out gold for no reason, and within just a few months, they would have given out hundreds of dollars worth of gold, where as credits are not a currency that cost irl money

Autumn_Fire #8 Posted May 24 2016 - 10:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5421 battles
  • [CMPRE] CMPRE
 Here's another idea: Something like XVM, but purely based on merits instead of damage farming off the backs of your teammates. The more you contribute to and help your team win, the more merits you get and the higher your score goes. This goes both ways as well, as people who actively sabotage games and cause trouble for their teams will get de-merits that will lower their scores. If they manage to get themself into the negatives then they should be looked into and possibly either remediated or suspended depending on severity.

ironreggie #9 Posted May 30 2016 - 06:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 9163 battles

I was thinking that it would be cool to have a way to donate exp to players that assist you during a match. Particularly if you've flipped yourself and wouldn't be able to continue without assistance.

DJ_Moon #10 Posted May 30 2016 - 08:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 28562 battles
  • [CMPRE] CMPRE

View Postironreggie, on May 29 2016 - 23:46, said:

I was thinking that it would be cool to have a way to donate exp to players that assist you during a match. Particularly if you've flipped yourself and wouldn't be able to continue without assistance.

yes, I agree that should be a thing, but it would be a different system to help with that, this is a system to help players that help their team to promote teamwork instead of selfish playing that gets your allies killed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users