A way to implement the Clan Wars reward tanks into the game

Reward tanks clan wars suggestion Vk7201k Object 907 M60 Personal Mission

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: A way to implement the Clan Wars reward tanks into the game (38 members have cast votes)

Do you think this would be a fair way to implement these tanks into the game?

1. Yes (16 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. No (20 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

3. Don't care either way (2 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Cutbait #1 Posted May 24 2016 - 16:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 17964 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

Firstly, let me just start out with I have none of these reward tanks, BUT I would really like a VK7201k. I'm a perfectionist and the VK is the only German X I don't have. However I am totally open to someone who does have these reward tanks giving me some input on what they think of my idea here.

So I have been putting a lot of thought into this and I think I may have come up with a way to fairly implement the clan wars reward tanks from the previous campaigns into the game, while still keeping it PROFITABLE for wargaming. Because yeah they are a business and they want to make some money. So please, hear me out here. Obviously wargaming can't just sell these tanks in the premium shop, that would have some pretty devastating consequences for everyone. No one wants brand new players, or anyone for that matter, to be able to simply buy their way to a tier X tank. Teams are bad enough as it is these days. Anyways, as I said I think I may have thought up a way to allow the player base to have access to these tanks while still keeping it profitable for wargaming as a business. So here it is. In the game if you research every tank in a nations tech tree you get the Technical Engineer ribbon for that nation. A ribbon. You would think that putting that much work into a nation's tech tree would give you some kind of better reward. What if they made it so you also receive the tier X reward tank for that nation as an additional reward for getting that ribbon? This way ensures that newer players aren't receiving the tank. If you have every tank researched in a tech tree it isn't like you have never played a tier X before. A certain amount of effort and time will have to be put into the game to get the tank as a reward. Now this would also be PROFITABLE for wargaming because just imagine what would happen if they implemented this system. Players that may not have researched every tank on the tech tree would want to go back and research the tanks they missed. They may buy premium time to help with the grind. They may need to buy credit packs to re buy the tanks they need to do research in. Or they may want to buy gold to convert experience. I'm willing to bet wargaming would see some real profit off of this, and it would go a long way to making the player base as a whole happy.

So anyways that's my idea. I have a feeling this is either going to get torn apart or go really well. Personally I'm hoping it goes well because I really think this could work.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #2 Posted May 24 2016 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

is it the best idea?  ehh......na

does it make sense.  yeah. a worthwhile reward for finishing a nation's tech tree.

so i'll say yes.  but stay neutral. (some issues might be the smaller tech trees or ones with no tier x reward tanks.   or russian tech tree with way to many "prem tanks" reward tanks

Sock5 #3 Posted May 24 2016 - 16:46

Captain

• Players
  • 14064 battles
I would say that if you get the technical ribbon for that tree, it gives you a voucher which will let you buy the tank for 75$ for tier X, $50 for tier VIII.  Or in the case of a tree having several reward tanks, the voucher only counts for one.  So make it count.

Edited by Sock5, May 24 2016 - 16:47.

Fulcrous_really_heckin #4 Posted May 24 2016 - 16:49

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 32906 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
I only have the 907 but I do want the M60 and 7201 but I'm not looking for an easier way to get one. Just earn it gradually over time. Simple.

Edited by Fulcrous, May 24 2016 - 16:50.

TheeeMaster #5 Posted May 24 2016 - 16:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43785 battles

I see your point, but... German and USA trees aren't the same size, so if you want it as a reward, doesn't really work..

Look, CW reward tanks is end game content, for the ones with time, no lives, retired whatever... anything. It's not fair at all towards all of them, they spent 5 weeks of constant fights to earn a VK7201K, think its fair just because you researched a whole tech tree? No. Work for it. The players have the skill, dedication, etc.. to get them.

Edited by TheeeMaster, May 24 2016 - 16:53.

RushingJaws #6 Posted May 24 2016 - 16:55

Captain

• Players
  • 17066 battles

I always kind of figured they'd eventually bring out the "retired" reward tanks for future CW campaigns.

At some point, they will run out of tank designs. Campaigns can go on as long as the server stays active.

TheeeMaster #7 Posted May 24 2016 - 16:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43785 battles

View PostRushingJaws, on May 24 2016 - 16:55, said:

I always kind of figured they'd eventually bring out the "retired" reward tanks for future CW campaigns.

At some point, they will run out of tank designs. Campaigns can go on as long as the server stays active.

Would cause major problems, we already have players who buy tier 8 premiums and clueless... so knowing that, those players buying a tier x CW reward tank? no...

RushingJaws #8 Posted May 24 2016 - 17:04

Captain

• Players
  • 17066 battles

View PostTheeeMaster, on May 24 2016 - 15:58, said:

Would cause major problems, we already have players who buy tier 8 premiums and clueless... so knowing that, those players buying a tier x CW reward tank? no...

When did I ever say that they should be sold?

Awestryker #9 Posted May 24 2016 - 17:05

Major

• Players
  • 25861 battles

There should be ways to get any tank in the game...

I have never joined a clan nor played CW, but I would like some kind of path to get these tanks that does not force me to play at certain times and with other people if I do not want to or cannot.

For CW reward tanks, I would be willing to have an earned token system, like someone described above, and also pay $$. The CW guys who put the time in get the tank choice for participating and doing well in CW. I could get them by earning a token by doing something like a personal mission and then I would also be willing to pay $$ on top of having to earn the token. But only 1 token per these missions. I do not even care if it is very hard to do and takes a long time to complete the missions. I just think there should be some other path to obtaining any tank in the game.

Edited by Awestryker, May 24 2016 - 17:09.

TheeeMaster #10 Posted May 24 2016 - 17:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43785 battles
These campaigns usually destroy clans, trash talking, all the bad stuff... burns people out big time.. I have been thru a many so far, and only earned one reward tank. Bad luck clan wise is what it was.. So without knowing how much time it takes to get one.. no.. earn it...  like we did.

TheeeMaster #11 Posted May 24 2016 - 17:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43785 battles

View PostRushingJaws, on May 24 2016 - 17:04, said:

When did I ever say that they should be sold?

Sorry, I misread. You're right.

SlavaR #12 Posted May 24 2016 - 17:10

Captain

• Players
  • 12554 battles
  • [UFTS] UFTS

I think those CWs rewards tanks and some other tank should be available to purchase as a reward. And if you say I worked for them - it is true, so am I. But do you remember how many marathons were there for different premium tanks. people worked to get them for free and others could just buy them.

Same goes for CW rewards, you worked hard and get them for free, let other people who achieved something and know how to use them - ability to buy them.

So this is how it can be done:

For every tier X you played 100 battles you get a point, one more point for receiving Ace Tanker badge on it. Extra point for Technical Engineer and possibly some points for other achievements like Epic medals. Then you can use those points to unlock an ability to buy them, lower tiers require less points, tens require most. Or each tier can have it is own pool of points. So to get T23e3 you need to play a lot of tier 7 tanks and so on.

But that's a sensitive topic that being discussed pretty much after each campaign and I doubt WG wants to change anything in their reward program, cause any change will piss a lot of people off...

TheeeMaster #13 Posted May 24 2016 - 17:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43785 battles

View PostSlavaR, on May 24 2016 - 17:10, said:

I think those CWs rewards tanks and some other tank should be available to purchase as a reward. And if you say I worked for them - it is true, so am I. But do you remember how many marathons were there for different premium tanks. people worked to get them for free and others could just buy them.

Same goes for CW rewards, you worked hard and get them for free, let other people who achieved something and know how to use them - ability to buy them.

So this is how it can be done:

For every tier X you played 100 battles you get a point, one more point for receiving Ace Tanker badge on it. Extra point for Technical Engineer and possibly some points for other achievements like Epic medals. Then you can use those points to unlock an ability to buy them, lower tiers require less points, tens require most. Or each tier can have it is own pool of points. So to get T23e3 you need to play a lot of tier 7 tanks and so on.

But that's a sensitive topic that being discussed pretty much after each campaign and I doubt WG wants to change anything in their reward program, cause any change will piss a lot of people off...

Of course it will piss off alot people, very similar reasonings why they cant remove arty. The amount of time, money and so on... invested would defnitly piss off everyone who earned it. Free tank for a 5 week campaign.. then see a non clan guy, average player, same tank as you who bought it for $$$$$. I would quit, there.

Cutbait #14 Posted May 24 2016 - 18:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 17964 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
I'm alright with the ribbon giving you the ability to buy the tank. I'm also ok with the point system. Both are fair alternatives. On the subject of average players getting the tank, why should that matter? The clan wars reward tanks are worse than their standard counterparts in many ways. An increase in weaker tanks that are easier to kill at the tier X level should be a great thing for you. And yeah those campaign are hell for smaller clans. There is a lot of luck involved. I would argue that they aren't really fair to begin with.

RevJenkins #15 Posted May 24 2016 - 18:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26398 battles

Yea,  I've always felt that CW reward tanks were a bit unfair.  I am in a clan, but we don't compete in CW battles.  It would be cool if those tanks were accessible to pubbies like me.

War_is_Hell #16 Posted May 24 2016 - 18:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35137 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V

No.  We earned these tanks through alot more than just playing Clan Wars.  These tanks weren't free either.  The amount of crew switching and keeping every tank for every tier that was on the "wanted" list ready to go just to get a chance at getting picked for a battle was a cost.  Constantly hearing the [edited]and moaning from stand up players about not having enough "fame points" was another cost.  

Wargaming needs to change how campaigns work not give other opportunities for tanks that were earned with alot more than just playing Clan Wars.

Random__Task #17 Posted May 24 2016 - 18:43

Captain

• Players
  • 18725 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View PostRevJenkins, on May 24 2016 - 17:11, said:

Yea,  I've always felt that CW reward tanks were a bit unfair.  I am in a clan, but we don't compete in CW battles.  It would be cool if those tanks were accessible to pubbies like me.

We put in many weeks EARNING those tanks.  Spending money retraining crews, skills, etc.  Youdidn't participate in the required battles.  Now you want the same rewards as the players who stayed up until 3am 7 nights a week for almost 2 months per campaign?

Let me guess, you're also an advocate of participation trophies.

Edited by Random__Task, May 24 2016 - 18:44.

Random__Task #18 Posted May 24 2016 - 18:45

Captain

• Players
  • 18725 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View PostWar_is_Hell, on May 24 2016 - 17:13, said:

No.  We earned these tanks through alot more than just playing Clan Wars.  These tanks weren't free either.  The amount of crew switching and keeping every tank for every tier that was on the "wanted" list ready to go just to get a chance at getting picked for a battle was a cost.  Constantly hearing the [edited]and moaning from stand up players about not having enough "fame points" was another cost.  

Wargaming needs to change how campaigns work not give other opportunities for tanks that were earned with alot more than just playing Clan Wars.

This^.  To a T.

OdaZONE #19 Posted May 24 2016 - 18:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23323 battles
I think you should get a reward for Researching the Entire Tech tree, but I dont think it should be a Clan Wars tank. 

SparkyGT #20 Posted May 24 2016 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 51815 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View PostTheeeMaster, on May 24 2016 - 08:52, said:

I see your point, but... German and USA trees aren't the same size, so if you want it as a reward, doesn't really work..

Look, CW reward tanks is end game content, for the ones with time, no lives, retired whatever... anything. It's not fair at all towards all of them, they spent 5 weeks of constant fights to earn a VK7201K, think its fair just because you researched a whole tech tree? No. Work for it. The players have the skill, dedication, etc.. to get them.

good point here, there are times when work gets in the way, or vacations.  5 weeks is like a second job, or miss your vacation time.   wish there was another way to get them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users