A way to implement the Clan Wars reward tanks into the game

Reward tanks clan wars suggestion Vk7201k Object 907 M60 Personal Mission

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: A way to implement the Clan Wars reward tanks into the game (38 members have cast votes)

Do you think this would be a fair way to implement these tanks into the game?

1. Yes (16 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. No (20 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

3. Don't care either way (2 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

OstwindFlakpanzer #21 Posted May 24 2016 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 20919 battles
  • [CUDAS] CUDAS
or they just sell them for money.  that way people without cash can either earn them or those of us with big boy wallets can avoid all of the work and buy them.  that way everyone is happy.  

Edited by OstwindFlakpanzer, May 24 2016 - 20:43.

Random__Task #22 Posted May 24 2016 - 21:09

Captain

• Players
  • 18725 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View PostOstwindFlakpanzer, on May 24 2016 - 19:43, said:

or they just sell them for money.  that way people without cash can either earn them or those of us with big boy wallets can avoid all of the work and buy them.  that way everyone is happy.  

Except those who actually abided by the rules and participated in the campaign to actually earn the tanks.  These tanks are end-game content rewards, not participation trophies.  You want the tanks?  Join a capable clan, and compete for them like we did.

Verblonde #23 Posted May 24 2016 - 21:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 17996 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB
Speaking as a not-very-good player of random battles only (more or less), I don't have a problem with some tanks only being available to people who fulfill certain requirements (obsessively playing CW in this case).

I think the suggestion that unlocking everything in a tech tree should give a reward tank is a good one (you could account for the different sizes of tree by varying the 'value' of the reward - big tree gets a lethal Tier X; small tree gets some sort of Tier VII, say), but it ought to be a different design.

Keep the CW tanks for CW players and do something else interesting for other people.

Fishrokk #24 Posted May 24 2016 - 23:46

Major

• Players
  • 18001 battles
  • [K-S-W] K-S-W

I have never agreed with WG limiting content in a free-to-play game based on what is essentially a closed mode.  I don't begrudge those who got the tanks through playing clan wars - they weren't the ones who came up with the idea.

But to all of you that say 'earn them', that's not possible for every player.  Most players can't even get their foot in that door to try.  Of those who can, how many tried and came up short?  As I recall, they limited the numbers of each of these tanks that they put in the servers.

You want exclusivity?  Tank 'rarity' (laughable when they call the KV-5 a 'rare' tank, but sell it twice a year like clockwork)?  Okay, give it out at the end of clan wars, and keep it unavailable to the general player base for a year.  Similar to the WoWs pre-order ships.

I don't think you should be able to purchase a tier 10 without any in-game effort.  Some of the ideas already posted for how to unlock the tank are pretty good.  

Here's another:  Someone suggested a player should receive a token for every tier 10 battle, and acquiring enough tokens would unlock the tank for purchase.  I think you should get the token for that tank by damaging (at least 50% of base health) and killing one.  I would suggest a lower token count (25) to unlock the tank though.  

That way, you're earning it - from players who earned it before.

Tolos #25 Posted May 24 2016 - 23:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF
CW reward tanks are how they should be rewards of doing clan wars. So no people shouldn't be able to buy them.

Random__Task #26 Posted May 25 2016 - 13:27

Captain

• Players
  • 18725 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View PostTheeeMaster, on May 24 2016 - 16:08, said:

These campaigns usually destroy clans, trash talking, all the bad stuff... burns people out big time.. I have been thru a many so far, and only earned one reward tank. Bad luck clan wise is what it was.. So without knowing how much time it takes to get one.. no.. earn it...  like we did.

This is a good point.  Many pubbies are arguing that they put the same amount of time in playing random battles on their own time.  It's no comparison to structured event with varying beginning and end times each night.  I don't think they realize how much time, effort, patience actually goes into completing a tier 10 campaign.

Fitz506 #27 Posted May 25 2016 - 14:39

Major

• Players
  • 42658 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostFishrokk, on May 24 2016 - 18:46, said:

I have never agreed with WG limiting content in a free-to-play game based on what is essentially a closed mode.  I don't begrudge those who got the tanks through playing clan wars - they weren't the ones who came up with the idea.

But to all of you that say 'earn them', that's not possible for every player.  Most players can't even get their foot in that door to try.  Of those who can, how many tried and came up short?  As I recall, they limited the numbers of each of these tanks that they put in the servers.

You want exclusivity?  Tank 'rarity' (laughable when they call the KV-5 a 'rare' tank, but sell it twice a year like clockwork)?  Okay, give it out at the end of clan wars, and keep it unavailable to the general player base for a year.  Similar to the WoWs pre-order ships.

I don't think you should be able to purchase a tier 10 without any in-game effort.  Some of the ideas already posted for how to unlock the tank are pretty good.  

Here's another:  Someone suggested a player should receive a token for every tier 10 battle, and acquiring enough tokens would unlock the tank for purchase.  I think you should get the token for that tank by damaging (at least 50% of base health) and killing one.  I would suggest a lower token count (25) to unlock the tank though.  

That way, you're earning it - from players who earned it before.

Closed mode? Can't everyone join a clan and do clam wars? And you're right, not everyone can earn them. They are rewards for doing well in a certain activity in the game.

And lol at how you think someone should be able to unlock the tank. Doing half your own tier 10 health 25 times? So play like a tomato and get a free, exclusive tank? That's easier than doing any of the campaign missions.

Random__Task #28 Posted May 25 2016 - 15:21

Captain

• Players
  • 18725 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View PostFitz506, on May 25 2016 - 13:39, said:

Closed mode? Can't everyone join a clan and do clam wars? And you're right, not everyone can earn them. They are rewards for doing well in a certain activity in the game.

And lol at how you think someone should be able to unlock the tank. Doing half your own tier 10 health 25 times? So play like a tomato and get a free, exclusive tank? That's easier than doing any of the campaign missions.

"I'm too bad of a player to earn them like the others did so just give it to me."  It's the tomato way of thinking.

NK_33 #29 Posted May 25 2016 - 16:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 19712 battles

I like the idea of having to prove your capabilities in Tier 10s to obtain a tier 10.  I do think it shouldn't be a reward, just access.  In WoWS they put an embargo on certain ships for a year, the Clan Wars should be embargoed for at least 2 or 3 Year.

The other possibility is have them available as rentals, like the rampage mode tanks.  Get your tech ribbon, play and win X number of tier 10 games, you can unlock the Clan Wars tank for 24 hours.

That gives people a chance to try them, but only CW winners can own them.

Mudman24 #30 Posted May 25 2016 - 16:06

Major

• Players
  • 36582 battles
What if there were special reward tanks that you could only get if you unlocked a tech tree?

Tolos #31 Posted May 25 2016 - 16:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostMudman24, on May 25 2016 - 15:06, said:

What if there were special reward tanks that you could only get if you unlocked a tech tree?

People would just fail up the tiers like they do now and end up just being bad in a different tank.

Edited by Tolos, May 25 2016 - 16:40.

Random__Task #32 Posted May 25 2016 - 17:11

Captain

• Players
  • 18725 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

Here's the bottom line, WG killed CW, and as such, many veteran players have left the game.  If they were to just give away CW reward tanks or make them available for purchase, what's left of this game would be over faster than it already will be.

It's bad enough noobs can start an account, but a tier 8 premium, and pollute random battles.  In no way should they or anyone be allowed to buy a tier 10 reward tank.  Enough baddies have, and continue to, fail their way to tier 10 as it is.

Verblonde #33 Posted May 25 2016 - 17:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 17996 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB

View PostRandom__Task, on May 25 2016 - 11:11, said:

Enough baddies have, and continue to, fail their way to tier 10 as it is.

Slightly OT: One way this might be mitigated would be to increase the standard number of garage sots each account is equipped with; as things stand, if you want newness (and so variety) and don't want to spend a lot of real money on extra slots, you essentially have to sell older tanks and push on up through the tiers.

If you want better players at higher tiers, they probably need to have spent more time in the middle tiers first; this gets pretty boring if you're always playing the same tanks over and over. Having more slots allows you to hang on to a wider range of tanks and so enables one to practice more without going insane.

As a living example, I'm nowhere near good enough for Tier X vehicles yet, but I'm in no hurry to get there because I have quite a decent selection of Tier VII-VIII to play with and slowly get less bad with. If I didn't have that variety, I might become tempted to just free-XP (with gold) my way straight to Tier X to see what the fuss is about and then be a complete liability.

Not everyone can afford to buy loads of extra garage slots, so I'd suggest that it would be in the interests of the health of the game to give people a few more (maybe unlock more as you gain vehicles at new tiers, or something like that?), for the reason outlined above...?

Needless to say, selling garage slots is an income stream for WG, so I'm not suggesting eliminating it altogether, but rather being less stingy with the basic allocation.

RevJenkins #34 Posted May 25 2016 - 18:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26406 battles
Earning the tank should also be for those that want it.  I am not saying it should be free or something like that.  Just that it could be available in some form.  It's a tier ten tank, it should be hard to earn.  Funny how some people want to read between the lines instead of taking what I said for what it is...

Random__Task #35 Posted May 25 2016 - 18:50

Captain

• Players
  • 18725 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View PostRevJenkins, on May 25 2016 - 17:42, said:

Earning the tank should also be for those that want it.  I am not saying it should be free or something like that.  Just that it could be available in some form.  It's a tier ten tank, it should be hard to earn.  Funny how some people want to read between the lines instead of taking what I said for what it is...

You earn them by competing competitively in the campaigns.  If you can't compete and play well enough to earn them, then don't discount the effort and skill that those of us put in to earn them by relegating their status to some form of participation trophy.  You are either good enough to earn them competitively or you're not.  

Cutbait #36 Posted May 25 2016 - 20:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 17964 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
You have to realize that not everyone likes clan wars, or is able to do them all of the time like some people. We have lives. We shouldn't be penalized for wanting a way to get something that we simply don't have that kind of concentrated time to get. And like I said, don't you WANT more bad players in bad tanks at teir X? Should be a piece of cake for you to kill them.

Fitz506 #37 Posted May 25 2016 - 23:09

Major

• Players
  • 42658 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostCutbait, on May 25 2016 - 15:42, said:

You have to realize that not everyone likes clan wars, or is able to do them all of the time like some people. We have lives. We shouldn't be penalized for wanting a way to get something that we simply don't have that kind of concentrated time to get. And like I said, don't you WANT more bad players in bad tanks at teir X? Should be a piece of cake for you to kill them.

Surprised the whole "I have a life" thing didn't make the first page. Bravo!

Why not put the effort into the campaign tanks? You can earn 4 'limited' premium tanks and they can be done in (long) series of single games.

Random__Task #38 Posted May 26 2016 - 15:21

Captain

• Players
  • 18725 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View PostCutbait, on May 25 2016 - 19:42, said:

We have lives as well.  However instead of asking for a free pass we chose to make time, participate in structured campaigns, and earn the tanks the way the were meant to be awarded.  Just because you want what you did not put the effort into to receive doesn't mean that the players who put the effort and time should have their reward tanks given away by other means.  So sick of this entitled mentality.  You want CW reward tanks?  Compete in the campaigns like others have and earn them.  End of discussion.

Cutbait #39 Posted May 26 2016 - 16:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 17964 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
Dude, really. I'd argue that it takes about the same if not more effort t to fully research a tech tree for a nation than it does to do a campaign. Its not as stressful, but it takes real work. For the campaigns its just all about who you run with. Who you know. Its politics.

War_is_Hell #40 Posted May 26 2016 - 17:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35137 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V
Play on the Chinese server. You can buy them in the premium shop.

Other than that play clan wars campaigns and win them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users