Clan League Pro Bowl - Community Map Pick!

Clan League Pro Bowl Community Map Pick

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Map will they play on? (143 members have cast votes)

Which Map will they play on?

1. Murovanka (13 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Cliff (56 votes [39.16%])

Percentage of vote: 39.16%

3. Kharkov (50 votes [34.97%])

Percentage of vote: 34.97%

4. Arctic Region (17 votes [11.89%])

Percentage of vote: 11.89%

5. Siegfried Line (7 votes [4.90%])

Percentage of vote: 4.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Silvers_ #21 Posted May 27 2016 - 20:05

Major

• Players
  • 40141 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
Only question I have from last night is how can WG FORGET TO ADD THE TEAM CAPTAIN to the list of people? Like Seriously how did you drop the ball so bad on that one. Had to go into a training room which kind of negates everything TBH. Yes we got smacked 5-0 but you have to admit that for both teams that whole bit was janky as frack.

welcometoezgames #22 Posted May 27 2016 - 23:31

Corporal

• WGLNA Silver League Player
  • 17041 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostSilvers_, on May 27 2016 - 19:05, said:

Only question I have from last night is how can WG FORGET TO ADD THE TEAM CAPTAIN to the list of people? Like Seriously how did you drop the ball so bad on that one. Had to go into a training room which kind of negates everything TBH. Yes we got smacked 5-0 but you have to admit that for both teams that whole bit was janky as frack.

You are WAAAYY overeacting to a simple typo mistake. They didnt forget, the wrong name was added to the list of players on -g-'s team. You should be appreciative that you are getting gold from this. Honestly it was really stressful for Mawd and I because we had to organize the training rooms but we didn't care because Wargaming employees are humans not robots so they make mistakes. Dont expect everything to be perfect. Plus this is a Pro Bowl not the Super Bowl so you are supposed to have fun.

Edited by welcometoezgames, May 27 2016 - 23:40.

Get_Clicked_On #23 Posted May 28 2016 - 07:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17912 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View Postwelcometoezgames, on May 27 2016 - 16:31, said:

Plus this is a Pro Bowl not the Super Bowl so you are supposed to have fun.

You guys took some of the top players from the top clans and put them on teams that the winner gets a free tank for two days of fighting. This was to be fun but being top player they are all competitive and want to win. The training room was a fast thinking idea, it just took to much time and most people lost it, they stopped caring. A few got triggered cuz of the wait times and seeing each-others tanks before battle. Like hats off for making it happen still.  

Inchon #24 Posted May 28 2016 - 21:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24166 battles
  • [ESPRT] ESPRT

Silvers,

Here is the root cause analysis of the error. Normally all picks are checked by myself using WoTlabs for their wn8 and to ensure any spelling errors or special characters are corrected/capture. As I was house hunting and away from my computer, Yankee submitted his picks last and offered to fill in the wn8s for each player. As Yankee is used to Felix he just typed Felix and not Felix7. When I came back from my trip, I did not have time to double check all names before the draft. During the draft, there was no mention of adding "7" to Felix's name. The four team roster was submitted to Dance and she scheduled accordingly to the draft results, in this case Felix, not Felix7. 

Fast forward to the match, very quickly both myself and Dance was notified of the problem. The two options were to postpone the battle by atleast an hour (to allow the match scheduled to reset) or to do a training room. As many players are used to training rooms for WGL finals and practices, and to ensure the timeline was maintained as much as possible, I made the decision to proceed the training room via Slack messages to Mawderator.  I also failed to say each side should have picked four tanks, then the other side, and back and forth until completion. 

In conclusion, Wargaming had any fault in this error. The only person that should be held responsible is myself, the event organizer. Proper resources weren't allocated to do a double check of names prior to submission. With that said, I still believe the community itself handled it very well and stayed flexible with the changes. I apologize for and take full responsibility for the inconvenience and will ensure future events will minimize mistakes like this. 

Inchon

Silvers_ #25 Posted May 28 2016 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 40141 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

I do understand that things happen and hope you find a place you like. We just finished building our house back in February and we're loving it.

Just was irritating to have it happen. I was probably a little harsh/salty in my post and for that I apologize. Was just irritated about the way our portion went down I guess. Being told 10-20 seconds from the initial battle start time to bail...bail...bail....Then the whole training room snafu, trying to find it and then get into it, by then people were a tad salty about it all and didn't really care any more. Hence why we ran an all German line-up on Kharkov for the final battle.

Would it have made a difference if it was done differently? Not likely as we were still blanked 5-0. Was just a bad experience I guess. Oh well I did have fun and was nice to play with some of the best players on the server. Even watching your pick stream was pretty funny. Knew I would be one of the last picked so was having fun with it in chat.

Cajun_ #26 Posted May 29 2016 - 00:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26940 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

wow so you got to do things just like WGL... wow.

A_UselessReptile #27 Posted May 29 2016 - 20:00

Major

• Players
  • 40134 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

I appreciated Inchon, Mod , and Easy's openness about the mistake it was rectified early and without issue however the comments which stemmed from one MO player post game after a few battles were hardly appropriate .

Much whining was had and I must say it made him look quite foolish. 

slowmstr #28 Posted May 29 2016 - 22:21

Major

• Players
  • 25958 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostA_UselessReptile, on May 29 2016 - 14:00, said:

I appreciated Inchon, Mod , and Easy's openness about the mistake it was rectified early and without issue however the comments which stemmed from one MO player post game after a few battles were hardly appropriate .

Much whining was had and I must say it made him look quite foolish. 

o7

iWrangleEmus #29 Posted Jun 01 2016 - 13:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32945 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
anyone know when we get our prizes for being in pro bowl

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users