• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

rixell #41 Posted May 28 2016 - 04:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10624 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-

WG replied to my ticket about this and  said:

Thank you for your diligence and reporting this issue.

After the update, we've got some issues that are pretty frustrating for folks. We're working with the dev team to get permanent fixes for you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we wanted to provide a few suggestions that may assist some players until the permanent fixes arrive.

We know that these things have helped some folks, but these are not guaranteed to work for everyone. Unfortunately, this may not work for Mac OS users.

Clear out your preferences folder, to do this:

• Press the Windows key + R, and type %appdata%\wargaming.net. Then Delete the "worldoftanks" folder.
  • Disable replays
  • Run the game in safe mode
  • For graphical issues, be sure your graphics card drivers are updated.

Please keep an eye on our patch notes to see if this bug is corrected in a specific micropatch.

We shall contact you for additional information, if needed, and we sincerely appreciate your interest in the improvement of World Of Tanks.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Have a great day!

lotus65r #42 Posted May 28 2016 - 04:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 24694 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD

View PostZer0D4rk30, on May 26 2016 - 13:49, said:

ok Having the same issue here. Had to Uninstall, Flush my DNS cache and temp folder then completely re install WoT to get it to work for a couple of matches. Come home from work today, only to find out that the problem is back. No mods brand. new computer too.

Same exact problem....

rubear1230 #43 Posted May 28 2016 - 04:53

Private

• Players
  • 12782 battles
  • [TRON] TRON

Same issue here, 90% loading of battle screen and it freezes, I can quit the game and restart usually 2-3 times then it jumps in, plays fine for a couple of games then freezes again and I have to reload or it drops me out entirely. I've deleted all my mods (solos modpack, nothing dodgy) uninstalled WOT reinstalled and still the same issue.

Just pleased (sadly) that it's not just me, hopefully they'll patch it quickly, having watched Quickybaby at there HQ they're not short of cred or two!

Missing 9.14 

Sweet50Caliber #44 Posted May 28 2016 - 05:12

Private

• Players
  • 9450 battles
  • [4KAD] 4KAD

I was having the same issue where i would load to about 90% and then  freeze then i would have to force quit then restart the game the weird thing is that i was playing the first 5 to 10 games fine until it started to do this then. Then i did a reinstall of the game with a even worse problem i am not able to get past the 90% bar when at the screen with the big world of tanks written on it. I have no idea if this is a problem on code weavers side of the program or WG themselves.So now i can't even log in to the game i have tried a reinstall of the game several times and also made a ticket with WG with the normal copy and paste reply with it saying this. 

"Hi Sweet50Caliber,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming support.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the game.

PLEASE BE ADVISED: Any problems regarding CodeWeaver's Mac Wrapper software solution cannot be troubleshot by Wargaming America support, as we do not support the Mac.

Please read this official forum thread before downloading or launching the MacWrapper:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/343843-read-this-before-downloadinglaunching-the-mac-wrapper/

These products may not be optimized for some Mac hardware configurations, including some Mac graphics cards.

However, it is very important to us to get your suggestions and feedback. For assistance, your best bet would be to visit the dedicated Mac Wrapper forum here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum/421-wot-mac-wrapper-support/

Right now, all support for the Mac Wrapper is done through this section of the forum.

If you are having issues with Windows applications while using Bootcamp, contact their support here:

https://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

If you are having issues with Windows applications while using Wine, contact their support here:

https://www.winehq.org/help/

If you are having issues with Windows applications while using Parallels, contact their support here:

https://www.parallels.com/support/

Please note that the support department does not handle game design or mechanics.

Best Regards,

Emiliano Schroeder

Wargaming America Support You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/ Please don't forget to fill out our survey once your ticket has been completed"

Edited by Sweet50Caliber, May 28 2016 - 05:15.

WastedSpacer #45 Posted May 28 2016 - 18:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 6457 battles
  • [R2C] R2C
I'm having the same problem on ALL of SIX different laptops and  PCs with WoT installed, I have a variety of video subsystems systems - AMD, Nvidia, Intel. Windows 7, 8 and 10 - Some have XVM, some do not.  same issues on ALL machines :(

rixell #46 Posted May 29 2016 - 02:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10624 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-

View PostWastedSpacer, on May 28 2016 - 18:09, said:

I'm having the same problem on ALL of SIX different laptops and  PCs with WoT installed, I have a variety of video subsystems systems - AMD, Nvidia, Intel. Windows 7, 8 and 10 - Some have XVM, some do not.  same issues on ALL machines :(

Yep, they broke something that didn't need fixing. It has something to do with the new graphics engine I assume.

flippa1856 #47 Posted May 29 2016 - 13:10

Private

• Players
  • 23843 battles
Same problem here.  Problem materialized first things this morning after several matches over several days since 9.15 with no issue.  As another said, just glad others it is not just my problem I now have to troubleshoot  and I just need to wait on WG to address.

Flom_1 #48 Posted May 29 2016 - 15:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 8054 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB
Rixell, I got that same response from Wargaming and it did not solve the issue for me. They said in their reply that is works for some people so they are not even sure what will fix the game at this point from what I gather. Wonder if they are going to do anything for those who have been unable to play due to this, I know I am losing premium time and not getting to have an opportunity to get 3x on anything except losing every battle I get froze loading into.

Security #49 Posted May 29 2016 - 16:45

Private

• Players
  • 15511 battles
  • [8PANZ] 8PANZ

I started having this issue as well just out of the blue.

My system is an i7 with 16gb ram and an nvidia 970.  I use 3 monitors in NVSurround.  Game would allow me into the garage and hitting battle would result in the progress bar going to 90, while everyone loaded and just sit there.  I could not get any other window up so as to close it.  Even task manager would not.  Only a reboot could get me out of that blank screen.

Here are the steps that cleared it (for now):

1. Run as Administrator
  2. Use the arrow to the right of "Play" on the launcher and choose "Launch the game with reset graphic settings".
  3. Hit play and do not adjust settings.  Go with the terribly small window.
  4. Play a single match in graphically challenged mode.
  5. If/When you are blown to smithereens goto the garage.
  6. Play another match,  After tank loads and you are in the game (not on the match start screen but in the game) change the settings to windowed.. but larger.  Not full (yet).  Play round, return to garage.
  7. Play a third round and after match loads set to proper full screen window and make sure you set the resolution and ratio.
  8. Continue playing:  If this works, please post that I am awesome.  If this does not work, please post that I am awesome.  Frankly I suck at this game but love to play it so any awesome is good awesome.

While not a programmer I have dealt with corrupted settings before and this feels just like that.

Nevishy #50 Posted May 29 2016 - 19:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16268 battles
same problem, good job wg, good job...time to overwatch

_Rudedog #51 Posted May 29 2016 - 19:59

Captain

• Players
  • 30389 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostRoyal_Canadian_Artillery, on May 26 2016 - 12:31, said:

No problems until I hit the battle button. Battle will Que up and freeze at 90% until battle is over telling me if is a victory or lose. This has happened several times! having to cnt+alt+del to restart my computer just goes to a white screen cant even shut it down from task manager or alt tab something else. After restarting and starting WOT I see in my garage whether it is a victory or lose. HELP I cannot battle I can only be afk for so many games not to mention I used up my reserves...What a waste. No problems until today  9.15 patch was just released. Not to mention task manager says WoT not responding but cannot x out. Everything works fine until I hit the battle button seems like my whole computer freezes up! just says loading while i get to imagine all the people shooting me while i am afk. I tried switching servers, rebooting, not running any mods, internet connection fine graphics card fine even with low settings or recommended settings, no other programs are running, was thinking of reinstall but dont have the patience and could be a bug in the patch.

I'm not having problems loading, I'm having freeze ups if I exit before the battle is over when my tank is dead, and even when the battle is over.

I get the WOT is (Not Responding) message, and I usually have to end the process in the task manager. 

Worked good all day yesterday and last night, now this.

Some are running vanilla and having the same problems..........ex-Commies and their computer games.

_Rudedog #52 Posted May 29 2016 - 20:01

Captain

• Players
  • 30389 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostSecurity, on May 29 2016 - 09:45, said:

I started having this issue as well just out of the blue.

My system is an i7 with 16gb ram and an nvidia 970.  I use 3 monitors in NVSurround.  Game would allow me into the garage and hitting battle would result in the progress bar going to 90, while everyone loaded and just sit there.  I could not get any other window up so as to close it.  Even task manager would not.  Only a reboot could get me out of that blank screen.

Here are the steps that cleared it (for now):

1. Run as Administrator
  2. Use the arrow to the right of "Play" on the launcher and choose "Launch the game with reset graphic settings".
  3. Hit play and do not adjust settings.  Go with the terribly small window.
  4. Play a single match in graphically challenged mode.
  5. If/When you are blown to smithereens goto the garage.
  6. Play another match,  After tank loads and you are in the game (not on the match start screen but in the game) change the settings to windowed.. but larger.  Not full (yet).  Play round, return to garage.
  7. Play a third round and after match loads set to proper full screen window and make sure you set the resolution and ratio.
  8. Continue playing:  If this works, please post that I am awesome.  If this does not work, please post that I am awesome.  Frankly I suck at this game but love to play it so any awesome is good awesome.

While not a programmer I have dealt with corrupted settings before and this feels just like that.

How about get WG to fix it so we don't have to do all that, it was FINE before, it's not us, it's them.

rixell #53 Posted May 29 2016 - 23:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10624 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-

View PostFlom_1, on May 29 2016 - 15:52, said:

Rixell, I got that same response from Wargaming and it did not solve the issue for me. They said in their reply that is works for some people so they are not even sure what will fix the game at this point from what I gather. Wonder if they are going to do anything for those who have been unable to play due to this, I know I am losing premium time and not getting to have an opportunity to get 3x on anything except losing every battle I get froze loading into.

Yeah, It didn't help me either.

jarhead1_gunner #54 Posted May 29 2016 - 23:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 11467 battles
  • [C0RPS] C0RPS

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........BOOM. .......are we still here...........

i fragged my cpu...turns out it was w.o.t. all along........hmmmph......intell...

i have re-re-re-installed w.o.t. now and trying in safe mode.....errrgh...

inferior product release, just to make a deadline....

here's a novel idea....FIX IT B4 U RELEASE IT.........WHHAAAAAT?

BLEW UR MIND WITH THAT IDEA , RIGHT , WG?

RIGHT...?

is there anybody in there.....

nod if u can hear me...

is there any    one            home.................................................................................

Dustychild44 #55 Posted May 30 2016 - 00:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14758 battles
Played many games yesterday with not problem. But cant play games today. Changed back to window mode after switching to full screen and it worked for 2 games. Then started again. No Mods.

Billdkat #56 Posted May 30 2016 - 00:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 25705 battles

I have this issue now also.  Was playing 5/28/16 just fine.  Logged off a next time I started I freeze up at the loading screen at around 90%.  I have to restart my PC to do anything.

I've uninstalled the game completely and it still does it.  So much for the even today.  

Angry_Frog #57 Posted May 30 2016 - 04:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 5557 battles
  • [HAPPY] HAPPY

Same problem.

Only after 9.15 update.

I never installed any mods.

Intermittent, does not happen every game.

Once problem occurs, happens repeatedly.

(Have had problem loading Random / Platoon / Training / Tournament rounds.)

Alt-Tab goes to 'white screen'. Mouse pointer only visible over Taskbar.
Cannot access other programs if opened, including task manager. White screen only.

Effectively, can only reboot (from Start menu).

If game still in progress after rebooting / re-launching, goes back to frozen 90% load screen. If game is over, goes to garage.

Waiting 15+ minutes on stuck screen for end of battle does not return to garage. Stays on stuck screen after battle over.

Sometimes, exiting and coming back next day fixes the issue. Sometimes not.

Windows 10 (64-bit)
CPU: Intel i5
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970

Update:

Recently, 'white screen' is a black screen. Otherwise same problem.

After running WGCheck from support, it requested to start Launcher in 'recovery mode'. This resolved the issue (for that session at least.)

Edited by Angry_Frog, Jun 09 2016 - 19:00.

vandaro #58 Posted May 30 2016 - 10:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 13187 battles

Ditto to the above, not great to have a major update which is broken, no mods, all drivers up to date etc.

Hope the fix will be launched soon.

RumRunner151 #59 Posted May 30 2016 - 12:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26484 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-

View Postgybob, on May 26 2016 - 19:03, said:

This is what worked for me, I can't promise it will work for you...

Ensure you are installing the SD Client, the HD client would not work for me, but the SD client works fine.

After installation go into the following folder; C/:Users/YOURNAMEHERE/AppData/Roaming/Wargaming.net and delete the World of Tanks folder.You may have to show hidden files.

Launch the game using the "Reset Graphics Options" option. On the launcher, next to PLAY click the arrow and you will see the option.

Once the game is launched you can reset everything.

I have an older eMachines running Windows 10 with a Core 2 Duo processor and an NVidia GeForce 730 card, everything is updated. In 9.14 I was getting 25 to 30 fps modded with Aslain's and now I'm getting 45 to 50 unmodded yet. Once Aslain's gets a bit caught up I will mod it.

Again, this worked for me, I make no promises, but I have no crashes and the game is smoother than it's ever been.

This worked for me, but I have had to do it multiple times.  You can also use the %appdata% shortcut.

dunshoot #60 Posted May 30 2016 - 13:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 2005 battles
Going to overwatch, tired of this s...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users