Game freezes at battle loading.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

teeble2001 #21 Posted May 27 2016 - 21:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 544 battles
Having the issue on a late 2013 Mac.  Plenty of memory.  All updates done.  Running El Capitan.  I can select my tank.  It freezes shortly after I click Battle.  It looks like it wants to load, but that's it.  I have to Force Quit.

gatophattai #22 Posted May 27 2016 - 23:23

Private

• Players
  • 64541 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

View Postgatophattai, on May 27 2016 - 05:23, said:

Same problem. Update 9.15 was working fine yesterday on my Win 10 desktop computer. Today, I notice the difference in that there is video at connect screen. Once connected and my game freezed at battle loading screen at about 90%. Try to restart or shut off and turn back on my computer and still got the same problem 5 times consecutively when I got to battle loading screen. I am thinking about uninstall and re-install WOT, but after reading that people already tried this to no success, I am not going through the trouble of doing it. I am going to just report that I have the same problem and hope that WOT can fix it soon. Lost a day of game time.

Update: I saw the solution by rixell in the post above me and try it. Now, I got past the battle loading screen freeze problem and got to enter a game. Thanks rixell for the post.

Today, after I followed Rixell fix to get by the battle loading screen freeze problem yesterday, I have the same battle loading freeze problem at first battle. Followed the post by Andreas007 to change the 3D graphic setting on my Nvidia control panel, I was able to get past the battle loading freeze problem and got in the battle. Thanks Andreas007 for the post.

rixell #23 Posted May 28 2016 - 00:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13916 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-
Unfortunately I have Radeon and it does not have that option to change.

sweetcheeseandcrackers #24 Posted May 28 2016 - 01:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20030 battles

View PostAndreas007, on May 27 2016 - 09:11, said:

That is what happened to me and the provided solution fixed it.

It ended up as a one-time fix, so try this:

"Nvidia users try this. It worked for me, although I have no idea why. Found it in a thread about the last patch:

bug in the nvidia drivers.

easy to fix. no need to uninstall.

go to the nvidia control panel,

manage 3d settings

power management mode: prefer maximum performance"

It is working so far.

this is working for me, thanks for posting!

grandpadave #25 Posted May 28 2016 - 02:43

Private

• Players
  • 11498 battles
  • [MBB] MBB

I knew I didn't have a graphics driver problem because I got a new graphics card two days before update 9.15 came out and I had to install the latest nvidia driver. The day of the update everything worked fine.

I seem to have resolved the freeze at 90% of battle load problem by doing a complete removal and reinstall of WOT.

lTaterSaladl #26 Posted May 28 2016 - 02:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 14474 battles
same problems here too and worst I cant install the game now......

2Oiltanks #27 Posted May 28 2016 - 03:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 7756 battles
  • [VIDRA] VIDRA

View PostAndreas007, on May 27 2016 - 06:57, said:

http://forum.worldof...for-a-solution/

It's a very easy fix!

^ This ended up as a one-time fix only, so try this:

"Nvidia users try this. It worked for me, although I have no idea why. Found it in a thread about the last patch:

bug in the nvidia drivers.

easy to fix. no need to uninstall.

go to the nvidia control panel,

manage 3d settings

power management mode: prefer maximum performance"

Didn't work for me. Still freezes at about 90% of the battle loading screen.

2Oiltanks #28 Posted May 28 2016 - 03:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 7756 battles
  • [VIDRA] VIDRA

View Postrixell, on May 27 2016 - 06:20, said:

OK, so I fixed my game. I clicked the little arrow next to the play button when you start the game launcher and selected "launch the game with reset graphic settings" then exited it. I then did the same thing but selected "launch game in safe mode" it let me play after that and just to see, I exited the game and launched it normally and no problems. Hope this works for you guys.

Okay, I did this:

• Clicked the little arrow next to the play button when you start the game launcher and selected "launch the game with reset graphic settings". Then started a battle but the game hung itself just like before.
  • After restart (not in safe mode) I got straight into the battle that I had failed to join just before. Could then also join another battle with no problem.
  • Exited and restarted just like normal, i.e just clicked on "Play" and it worked all fine

So, it looks like starting the game once with via the "launch the game with reset graphic settings" resolves the issue. I do not use any mods.

Thank you for posting this, rixell.

Only downside is that my teams seemed to do better without me being able to participate ... :-(

rixell #29 Posted May 28 2016 - 04:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13916 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-

View Post2Oiltanks, on May 28 2016 - 03:30, said:

Okay, I did this:

• Clicked the little arrow next to the play button when you start the game launcher and selected "launch the game with reset graphic settings". Then started a battle but the game hung itself just like before.
  • After restart (not in safe mode) I got straight into the battle that I had failed to join just before. Could then also join another battle with no problem.
  • Exited and restarted just like normal, i.e just clicked on "Play" and it worked all fine

So, it looks like starting the game once with via the "launch the game with reset graphic settings" resolves the issue. I do not use any mods.

Thank you for posting this, rixell.

Only downside is that my teams seemed to do better without me being able to participate ... :-(

This seems to be a temporary fix. The next day It started freezing again but I just repeated what I did last time. Wargaming did reply to my trouble ticket and this is what they said:

Thank you for your diligence and reporting this issue.

After the update, we've got some issues that are pretty frustrating for folks. We're working with the dev team to get permanent fixes for you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we wanted to provide a few suggestions that may assist some players until the permanent fixes arrive.

We know that these things have helped some folks, but these are not guaranteed to work for everyone. Unfortunately, this may not work for Mac OS users.

Clear out your preferences folder, to do this:

• Press the Windows key + R, and type %appdata%\wargaming.net. Then Delete the "worldoftanks" folder.
  • Disable replays
  • Run the game in safe mode
  • For graphical issues, be sure your graphics card drivers are updated.

Please keep an eye on our patch notes to see if this bug is corrected in a specific micropatch.

We shall contact you for additional information, if needed, and we sincerely appreciate your interest in the improvement of World Of Tanks.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Have a great day!

BoerBliksem #30 Posted May 28 2016 - 06:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 9045 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM
Same problems here.

rixell's post solved my problem for now.

Edited by BoerBliksem, May 28 2016 - 06:24.

Mokara #31 Posted May 28 2016 - 10:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 32605 battles

In my case the game (as well as my computers graphics driver it seems) crashed during the loading screen for the first match. After restarting the computer the game would freeze on starting. Going through Rixells approach allowed me to start playing again. Entering the game showed that I my team had won the match (even though I was effectively LD at the time)

BUT....

The tank I was using in that first match (my T14 premium tank with a 4 perk crew) has vanished. No garage slot, no crew, no camo, no emblem, no tank.....nothing....poof.

So, if you have encountered this problem, check to make sure the tank you were using is still in the garage.

Um...ok...it seems to have reappeared. wthis going on?

Edited by Mokara, May 28 2016 - 10:40.

nightmare_1 #32 Posted May 28 2016 - 16:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 6 battles
I had the same issue yesterday and tried every fix in this thread including a reinstall with absolutely no luck. In my case it turned out Bitdefender's firewall was blocking the game. I added a new exception for the client and now I load in very quickly with no problem.

Rickinchi #33 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 05:39

Private

• Players
  • 14026 battles
Rixell, Temporary or not at least you found something that works. You are a WoT Tech god!

MSgtApone #34 Posted Jun 03 2016 - 01:53

Private

• Players
  • 7784 battles

Exactly the same issue.  Deleted all mods, which I barely run any and restarted a few times.   The battle loading screen gets about 75% done and freeze there.  No way to kill the app, need to restart.

Bah.

Off to Overwatch till they patch the patch.

Capt_Doerbot #35 Posted Jun 03 2016 - 10:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 5719 battles
  • [DHO3] DHO3
You can add my name to the list. Game was working great yesterday until they took the server down for maintenance. Now I can't load into games. I've updated my graphics drivers, deleted my mods, and now I'm reinstalling. I'll try the other fixes listed here. I hope WG gets a fix out to us. I probably look like a bot to all my fellow players this morning.

tgfrench #36 Posted Jun 03 2016 - 11:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 19643 battles
I had the same issue.  I was running under a win 10 admin account. I changed that to a  personal account, manually edited my registry to remove all instances of wargaming.net      wotreplay and worldoftanks.   Then installed the SD client, disabled replays.  Now its working even with MODs installed.

gybob #37 Posted Jun 03 2016 - 11:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12875 battles
  • [SPYDA] SPYDA

The key to Rixell's solution is to delete the preferences found in the worldoftanks folder in the AppData of your computer. This has been an ongoing problem for the past week or so.

I myself uninstalled and reinstalled twice before stumbling on that from another poster. This is the solution that worked for me...

Uninstall the HD client if you are using it. Heck, make it easy and uninstall period.

Delete the preferences by deleting the entire worldoftanks folder per rixell's instructions.

Run CCleaner to remove all instances of World of Tanks from your registry.

Reinstall the SD client

On launch select the "with reset graphics" option.

Run the game in windowed mode (maximized) so if you do lock up you can still open task manager and close it.

Set other options to your liking.

The game SHOULD run fine now, even if modded. At this point I still don't trust it 100%, so I restart my computer before playing AND run one battle on Proving Ground before I launch into regular battles.

I know it is a lot, but that worked for me. Of course my graphics card is updated.

hollycrapper #38 Posted Jun 05 2016 - 04:40

Private

• Players
  • 18305 battles
  • [HCK] HCK
Having this same issue I get to the loading screen for battle and it freezes come on now WOT you all are better then this....... Lets get it right.

gt0915 #39 Posted Jun 05 2016 - 05:59

Private

• Players
  • 5674 battles
Tried all the thing suggested above...none worked....stuff this I'm off to play fallout 4....

RedCloud77 #40 Posted Jun 05 2016 - 15:04

Private

• Players
  • 6722 battles
Same issue for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users