To All Players - you might as well cheat in tournaments as there is no enforcement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

LostMyMarbles #61 Posted May 30 2016 - 01:59

Captain

• Players
  • 42848 battles
  • [SG] SG

View Post11thACRColdsteel, on May 28 2016 - 12:06, said:

I appreciate you trying to help.  But your link is a procedure from 2012.  It's an obsolete post and was updated.  The latest dispute procedure is posted below.  There is NOTHING in it indicating a time frame for resolution of disputes NOR is there anything mentioned that the brackets  posted the following morning are unofficial and may be changed....

they try to process the disputes the next day but if there is a massive amount of disputes they try to have them done on monday or tuesday

i know i have filed disputes before and it took a while some days due to the amt filed

WileyCat #62 Posted May 30 2016 - 05:15

Captain

• Players
  • 28230 battles
  • [BTB] BTB
good players are cancerous in real life XD

Cloud_1 #63 Posted May 30 2016 - 10:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32586 battles

View Postdance210, on May 28 2016 - 15:45, said:

HI!

If you're talking about anything that you submitted for a tournament that happened yesterday, it is 7:30 am where I am and I haven't processed any disputes. The tournament system automatically moves the winner on to the next round. Disputes all need to be handled manually and I apologize for not taking care of it first thing in the morning on what is a day off. As an FYI, it will likely be a few more hours before I start working, so you likely won't hear anything before then.

She is without a doubt a rare gem among the WG staff, and should be honored for her dedication to making things right for all the tournament and eSports players. I for one am eternally gratefully for all the "fixing" of things she has done. Kudos DANCE :great:

Ash_Canadian #64 Posted May 30 2016 - 12:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 43879 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View PostCold_Stream, on May 28 2016 - 10:57, said:

I like how every pubby and their mother runs Tree/Obstacle down mod, we have to constantly remind/yell at our members when they're flanking to NOT HIT anything, or most teams will know we are coming. 

And of course, its practically impossible to get/give "Proof" that they're using the mod

Bring the mod certificate system faster please WG, this is extremely annoying for maps with destructible objects everywhere

Knock down mod use becomes quite evident when you a tournament like this weeks Tier 3/7 on Ensk. There is no way that your unspotted team should be met by 4 guns at a corner where no one should/would ever be.

D_Jackson531 #65 Posted May 30 2016 - 14:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48903 battles
  • [-TRP-] -TRP-
I for one am quite happy with Dance's response speed, she read, viewed, acted upon, and responded to my complaint last night during the three hour window between rounds.  Based on the timing of hear earlier responses here on the forums that means she was working late on a weekend to keep the ESport community happy.  That deserves some public praise (and hopefully some overtime pay). 

Hanzo_San #66 Posted May 30 2016 - 18:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6862 battles

View PostSilvers_, on May 28 2016 - 10:12, said:

LOL Um Dance is female but pretty sure she'd get a kick out of you thinking she's a guy.

OP's got salty he didn't get an insta-response. They have lives as well and don't work 24/7 and have days off as well. Dance in this case is doing you a solid and looking into it on HER day off like she said.

Dance gave you a perfectly valid reason for what happens. Either accept it of let the butthurt continue your choice.

Agreed. Of all the Wargaming people I know, Dance is best. Dance is very good at this.

Dratt_Dastardly #67 Posted May 30 2016 - 20:44

Major

• Players
  • 27027 battles

Maybe I'm off but being disqualified from a battle, wouldn't that in effect mean they are disqualified from the tournament, even if they are still able to finish it?  What's the big deal if they can continue even though they would technically now be playing for nothing?

Not to mention, removing a team because of being disqualified may require to rework the schedule.  It would be easier to leave them in.  If they continue to cheat, then hopefully they will get reported more.  Plus, at the end of the tournament, if WG is inclined to, could dish out punishments to the actual players, not just the teams.  The more proof they have, the easier to back any type of disciplinary action.  Just having one group complain has less effect than having multiple unrelated groups.

Just a thought.

Oh, and with how the captain must send in disputes quickly, less chance for then to manipulate the data to look like the other team was cheating.  And with each dispute going over a battle, they have time to review the data before making a judgement.  No need to do so ASAP.

I did try to glance over the rules.  Didn't find anything newer on the despite review timeline but just because the one post is four years old or so does not mean it's not in effect.  The fact that it was not edited or removed makes it sound like that's still active.

__Tec__ #68 Posted May 30 2016 - 23:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38209 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Post11thACRColdsteel, on May 28 2016 - 13:49, said:

Ok just please tell me where all this information is?   That is that the disputes are resolved the next day?  - Not that night when they require to submit your appeal immediately after the match.  And pray tell me where it says that the bracketing the next morning is not official and that disputes may still be granted?  And since you're the font of all knowledge I'm sure you can't point me to the place where they say by what time disputes will be resolved?  

In this case, Dance did DQ the cheaters....but it would be nice if wargaming would put out as much info on the timing of the dispute adjudication as they do on all the hoops you have to jump to turn in a cheater....and so that you don't have to be forum troll like you in order to have this info...

How bout taking your pious, nose in the air, WG shill attitude elsewhere for starters?

As I stated if you have run as many tournaments as you claim you would've known the information.  Your problem isn't just poor attitude it's also ignorance and the fact you shout your ignorance from the rooftops.  Also standings are done automatically thru the website, but as you have no witnessed things can change once disputes are resolved.  Really hope you end up 1 point short of your goal for being an [edited].

11thACRColdsteel #69 Posted May 30 2016 - 23:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 35624 battles
  • [11_TH] 11_TH

View Post__Tec__, on May 30 2016 - 22:11, said:

As I stated if you have run as many tournaments as you claim you would've known the information.  Your problem isn't just poor attitude it's also ignorance and the fact you shout your ignorance from the rooftops.  Also standings are done automatically thru the website, but as you have no witnessed things can change once disputes are resolved.  Really hope you end up 1 point short of your goal for being an [edited].

Your problem is that you're a shill for WG...and you troll the forums trying to flaunt your expertise in a video game like you've done something huge to contribute to society.  Take your pompous attitude elsewhere kid...

And genius, the description in the forums does not address time for resolution, or that slotting of teams can be changed late the next morning.....Oh, but I forgot...you such an expert you KNEW all this, and regular players are all idiots because we don't troll the forums like you do....

__Tec__ #70 Posted May 31 2016 - 00:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38209 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Pointing out someone's poor attitude makes me a troll?  Shill is pretty funny, but you are allowed to believe what you like.  There is no pompous attitude here, simply stating facts.

Chemo_ #71 Posted May 31 2016 - 06:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 62814 battles
  • [TEMPL] TEMPL

we had a member of an opposite team complain throughout  a battle we had ( during the skirmish where each tank had to be from a different country )..

We brought the two IS-2s .. one from the USSR and the Chinese one.

He would not stop harassing us and kept it up after the match through PMs.. we kept telling him that it was allowed and posted the response WGing gave in the forums being asked that very same question... he said he took screen shots and was sending them into wargaming and we would be disqualified and banned.. ..

I think it might be someone who posted in this topic.... LOL

Who Knows.

I just take it with a grain of salt whenever anyone screams "CHEATERS:

well except for that T22 fiasco...

Its a game and why go crazy as if Wargaming owes you something.

borderkollie #72 Posted Jul 02 2016 - 22:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 54787 battles
  • [-CSA-] -CSA-
LT 1vs1 showdown. Top 3 brought heavies. The cheating sissies are kvbron, Thunder_King, and 94EXPOS. Sent complaint to  tournaments@wargamingamerica.com with screenshots. Hopefully they won't be rewarded.

Ash_Canadian #73 Posted Jul 03 2016 - 00:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 43879 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

IBL

Bringing heavy to a light 1v1 tourney isn't cheating; that is down right ignorant. 

Reading rules is hard.

Ash_Canadian #74 Posted Jul 03 2016 - 04:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 43879 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

You're not wrong.

It is why the quote in my sig is so appropriate for this site.

WolfAttack_1 #75 Posted Sep 21 2016 - 03:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25898 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-

View PostCombatEngineerHooah, on May 28 2016 - 15:29, said:

I mean if it matters that much I can email you my replays in which I play with a vanilla clienr.

What makes me edgy is that everything is cheating these days because those who lose to a "cheater" can't accept that they were outplayed no matter in what game or environment.

Since when can this claim be made if one person is playing by the rules and the other is not? There are multiple issues with this game that are NOT being addressed.  Cheat mods are one of many problems.  With that said there cannot be claims of being "outplayed" since the game is allowed to be a free for all.  I don't care how good you think you or any other player is, the problems with this game persists.  Why?  Because a crapcompany, WGing, has lost it's way with this game.  The game interface is old and has not been updated since it's inception 6+ years ago.  Don't say any of the game patches are interface upgrades.  They are only cosmetic changes to the game.  If and when 9-16 comes out, don't expect that there will be major improvements.  It's sad to see a product line so neglected by the owning company.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users