2 replies to this topic

HiddenSwan #1 Posted May 29 2016 - 15:31

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 29882 battles
  • [RDDTX] RDDTX

Greetings all,

https://puu.sh/p99bv.png

Specifically what I'm bothered by is the simulated gun shaking when being shot or shooting.  While in sniper mode this is a problem because it messes up your aim and it's difficult to see the action.

Dynamic camera has the great feature of providing camera stabilization while in in sniper mode.  Driving over bumpy or uneven terrain and your aim doesn't get jerked up and down!  Awesome!

I was upset when this "feature" was added way back in version 8.x (I think) because I never liked the shaking and so it required me to go find a mod to "fix" it.  And so until 9.15, I used a mod to remove the gun shaking while still being able to benefit from the camera stabilization.  The author of that mod decided to discontinue the piece that enabled this.  Jimb0's crosshair is the one.

The fewer mods that I feel like I need to play this game and get my full enjoyment out the better.  Wargaming, please UNLINK the camera shaking and the camera vertical stabilization.  I WANT the stabilization, but I do not want the silly camera shaking.  These should be separate options.  The gun shaking effect is only an immersive option and does not add fun for some people who dislike it.  Turning off dynamic camera removes the shaking, but then there is no stabilization.

I know there are other people out there who agree as there are a lot of people providing mods to correct this.  I also know there are a lot of people who will misunderstand a key part of what I'm talking about.  Horizontal stabilization is not what I'm talking about - that is a completely separate option.

Edited by HiddenSwan, May 29 2016 - 16:04.

_Silent #2 Posted May 29 2016 - 15:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35524 battles
  • [GROOT] GROOT
You can turn off the shaking in game settings but not sure if that help stabilization

HiddenSwan #3 Posted May 29 2016 - 16:05

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 29882 battles
  • [RDDTX] RDDTX

View Post_Silent, on May 29 2016 - 15:33, said:

You can turn off the shaking in game settings but not sure if that help stabilization

Unfortunately no, since the options are combined into 'dynamic camera' you lose the benefits then.

Also tagged with ui, camera, mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users