Why are good players *****

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Apache1990 #101 Posted May 30 2016 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 35603 battles

View PostYuri_Doujinshi, on May 30 2016 - 15:07, said:

I stopped running my stats in my sig because I noticed that people were judging the content of my posts based on the color of my stats. It was making it harder to get my point across because people would immediately disregard any useful content I had based on the fact that I was an "elitist uniscum".

But you can't hide from the Forum XVM script, :­P.

Katamori #102 Posted May 30 2016 - 22:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 10913 battles

View PostRyanGetzIaf, on May 30 2016 - 13:39, said:

If you do a cancerous O-I camp they will call you for it, otherwise unless you start to accuse them of using "shooting-through-object-and-max-invisibility-Super-Hakx-3000" they will not even care using the chat.

View PostYuri_Doujinshi, on May 30 2016 - 14:07, said:

I stopped running my stats in my sig because I noticed that people were judging the content of my posts based on the color of my stats. It was making it harder to get my point across because people would immediately disregard any useful content I had based on the fact that I was an "elitist uniscum".

Since removal, the responses to my posts have been much more productive. I don't think I will be putting my stats in my sig from now on.

If you were using any reasonable amount of O-Is, or just camping in your spawn, then I can see exactly why they did it. Breaking O-I camps is a massive pain that nobody wants to deal with, and camping in general is such a stupid strat that most purples like to insult it.

Nope we stopped using OIs entirely back before they were set to be nerfed.We usually run the standard lights and meds with 2 or 3 heavies and we only really camp on like 1 map lol.Most clans that act like pricks usually go along the lines of rubbing it in that they are purple players.The usual things like calling people noobs etc etc.

lukzomg1 #103 Posted May 30 2016 - 23:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43199 battles

View PostSunserrae, on May 30 2016 - 12:32, said:

You are ignorant if you think it has anything to do with jealousy. 

Most of those potato on down players have no shortage of stories about being belittled in the game and on the forums about their stats, which breads the toxic environment that WOT has going on and many complain about. If the 'leet' were not condescending the lesser players, and helping as much as they claim too, you probably would not have that degree of hostility about them in general. The reality is that there is more negative remarks to lesser players, than any "help" going on as claimed by the neckbeards.

Oh the irony... Most of potatoes that get picked on that ive witnessed are the 1s that are talking crap or talking like they know what they are talking about while being completely clueless.  Fact is there is nothing more absurd than a nub talking crap about others being terrible etc or talking like they really know how to play this game and try to tell other's what they should do. Note im not saying that its ok for good players to talk crap either. I agree that there are bad players that get trolled on forums but most of the time when i check stats, they are being trolled by other bad players....  Unlike many nubs, when i was a nub, i kept my mouth shut as i knew i was terrible and i tend not talk about crap i have no clue about.  Many nubs are so delirious that they dont even realize they are bad and lash out with hate and anger at their teams, WG, MM, RNG, Serb, game mechanics, cheating, hacking, illegal mods, mods in general, gold etc etc every time things dont go their way.

Im not saying that there aren't good and great players being toxic.  But because they are so few in comparison to the potatoes, they are greatly outnumbered but potatoes in general and whats worse they are still greatly outnumbered by crap talking delirious potatoes.  I have said mean things to players before because sometimes you can't sit there and watch a clueless and worthless player that contributed nothing to the team belittle, insult and offend the team, some other player or myself.  

I can recall being picked on by unicums only 2 times before.  I got insulted and picked on by baddies countless times.  Hell i got raged on by nubs who did nothing entire game while i carried them and they still felt 100% justified talking crap to me just because they suicided and i didn't or something of the sort.

Also about the help to the lesser players.  I help when people ASK for help because they are struggling.  I dont help or just simply ridicule lesser players that come on here and [edited]and complain about everything and everyone and act like they are doing everything right them selves.  The nubs who feel they are great and their blame everything but them selves for their failures are the very ones that are toxic craptalkers.

Yuri_Doujinshi #104 Posted May 31 2016 - 03:06

Major

• Players
  • 23056 battles
  • [Y0UJ0] Y0UJ0

View Postlukzomg1, on May 30 2016 - 22:34, said:

Also about the help to the lesser players.  I help when people ASK for help because they are struggling.  I dont help or just simply ridicule lesser players that come on here and [edited]and complain about everything and everyone and act like they are doing everything right them selves.  The nubs who feel they are great and their blame everything but them selves for their failures are the very ones that are toxic craptalkers.

^This. If someone asks for help and GENUINELY wants to learn, then I will help them to the very best of my ability, no matter what their stats are. Similarly, if someone is bad at the game, but KNOWS they are bad at the game, and may not have the time or physical ability to get better, I am perfectly fine with that. It is when bad players whine about things they don't know about that people pull out the insults, myself included.

Sunserrae #105 Posted Jun 09 2016 - 05:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 16097 battles

View PostLoghery, on May 30 2016 - 11:35, said:

"being xvm sniped 24/7"

arty that does this is the most malignant cancer. Ruins both of our games because I have to defend from that bull s*** while that arty never goes after better targets. Their response is "lol, u mad?" usually. No, not mad, just [edited]annoyed that a person will single out another based on stats for THE ENTIRE GAME. 

Hellvor_ #106 Posted Jun 09 2016 - 07:00

Captain

• Players
  • 28303 battles
Mfw people responding as if the question was to them, therefor implying they're good :^)

Shidare_Hotaru #107 Posted Jun 09 2016 - 18:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27829 battles
  • [NAISU] NAISU

I'm a pubbie, please abuse me more master.

Why spot and take damage when pubbies can spot and die for you?

Shidare_Hotaru #108 Posted Jun 09 2016 - 18:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27829 battles
  • [NAISU] NAISU

View PostYuri_Doujinshi, on May 31 2016 - 11:06, said:

^This. If someone asks for help and GENUINELY wants to learn, then I will help them to the very best of my ability, no matter what their stats are. Similarly, if someone is bad at the game, but KNOWS they are bad at the game, and may not have the time or physical ability to get better, I am perfectly fine with that. It is when bad players whine about things they don't know about that people pull out the insults, myself included.

Help me den fam

Sunserrae #109 Posted Jun 10 2016 - 04:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 16097 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on May 30 2016 - 02:50, said:

Because they hate arty and don't play it.  And as a result their unwashed itchy neckbeards can't be scratched while tanking?

Just a theory. :B

King_Baboon #110 Posted Jun 10 2016 - 05:25

Major

• Players
  • 15654 battles
I've had rather pleasant conversations with the purple people eaters in game and in PMs here and they are in fact friendly.  No different then the average person with social skills.  The only difference is that they are good at this game and I am not.

GreenTankCore #111 Posted Jun 10 2016 - 05:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21916 battles

I dont get many things, and this is one thing I dont get. Padding stats is easy. People who take pride in that, have something wrong with them perhaps.

I walked into one of those fantasy gaming stores that seems to be popping up everywhere, or maybe I just notice them now.

I've walked into a few and took a look around. The employee's are adults, I saw a game of 30 somethings and they were giggling and laughing and saying the weirdest things.

I stood their for awhile, with my wife and I told her they seem odd. She said the term "Adult Children" and then it made complete sense.

I've also walked into computer gaming/internet stores and seen the same thing. A group of 3+ people playing side by side and across from each other, giggling and laughing and talking loudly about some game dynamics. I just surfed the web and drowned their Adult Children sounds out with some Volbeat on Youtube. Are they good players, maybe. But who cares. They only seem to care. They check up on other peoples statistics like its a bank account or job detail. So they rerolled and started to pad their stats. BIG WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. So what. I've tried to kill time with other games, Xbox, PS4. Sure I have those systems, and I have a ton of games. Very few I actually play. Tony Hawk skateboarding game was cool for about 500 hrs or so. That game is probably 10 yrs old. Dont have that game console anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users