• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

BitPlayerCOH #61 Posted May 30 2016 - 06:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5986 battles

To answer the OP's question in two words-

"BECAUSE INTERNET"

Any idiot can post anything they want, under a reasonable amount of anonymity.  That removes a lot on inhibitions as well as a lot of actual thinking when people decide to do.. just about anything online.  The online community is kind of a cross section of the entire world- or at least an entire region's population.  And anyone with any experience in Retail, Service jobs, or Law Enforcement can tell you that the general population in even a *small* area has a serious deficiency in common sense and general intelligence. 

Edited by BitPlayerCOH, May 30 2016 - 06:05.

Mudman24 #62 Posted May 30 2016 - 06:06

Major

• Players
  • 36582 battles
I'm not sure what the definition of a good player is, but I try to be civil to people in the game and on the forums.

GS_G3K #63 Posted May 30 2016 - 06:20

Major

• Players
  • 23395 battles
  • [I_R_S] I_R_S

View PostMudman24, on May 29 2016 - 23:06, said:

I'm not sure what the definition of a good player is, but I try to be civil to people in the game and on the forums.

Usually good player means anyone better than you...OR sometimes they mean all purples. 

Who knows with these forums, they could mean anyone yellow and up.

lukzomg1 #64 Posted May 30 2016 - 06:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42985 battles

View PostAlliedTank102th, on May 30 2016 - 01:18, said:

Just a general trend i see, since most bad players dont even talk.

Thats funny, every single time except 2 occasions when people talk crap to me unprovoked they are tomatoes. Im not being a [edited]here, just talking about my experience.  Those 2 separate occasions were unicums from the same clan who's many members i've seen talk crap on quite a few occasions.  But other than that i always have bad players who in majority of cases havent done crap in that particular time  talk crap to me for no reason.

I definitely find bad DELIRIOUS players by far more toxic that good players and not just to me but in terms of general craptalking about team's/players.  Good player talking crap is bad, but a nub talking crap about others being crap is just......:facepalm:  Note that im not talking about bad players that know they have lots to learn and are realistic about their skills.  Im talking about those baddies that actually think they are one of the best.

shinglefoot #65 Posted May 30 2016 - 07:59

Major

• Players
  • 25018 battles

I figure the uni's who flame and troll simply have literally nothing else in their life going for them. They're insecurity and lack of social skills and normal human interaction causes them to build themselves up by tearing others down. Nothing new here, plus the anonymity of the internet makes it easy as there are no consequences for being a tool. This is a GAME. It isn't life or death, the sun will come up tomorrow and life goes on.

#chill

key words flame and troll...comprehension is difficult for some...

Edited by shinglefoot, May 30 2016 - 10:27.

your_Master #66 Posted May 30 2016 - 09:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15525 battles

View Postshinglefoot, on May 30 2016 - 07:59, said:

I figure the uni's who flame and troll simply have literally nothing else in their life going for them. They're insecurity and lack of social skills and normal human interaction causes them to build themselves up by tearing others down. 

After reading this thread it seems as though many people have a deeply rooted jealousy of good players in this game and they deal with it by telling themselves something like "oh the dirty nasty unicum has no life because you cant have a life and be good at the game at the same time" or something. Most of you don't know any good players yet still make these ridiculous generalizations (including the one about how every unicum is an [edited]). If you want to keep making these (wrong) generalizations, go for it. If you need to find a way to feel better about yourself by grouping everyone better than you at something into their own "neckbeard" group, or "nerd" group, or any other group you need to create to make yourself feel better, by all means keep doing it if it lets you cope with your jealousy. 

shinglefoot #67 Posted May 30 2016 - 10:20

Major

• Players
  • 25018 battles
     Not jealous, but that's ok. I didn't say all, just the more...abrasive ones. Jealous...please...

ToothDecay #68 Posted May 30 2016 - 10:23

Major

• Players
  • 26964 battles
  • [NARC] NARC

View PostAlliedTank102th, on May 29 2016 - 20:16, said:

The snobbiness, the feeling of being general patton. Hating anyone that doesnt do as well as them? Making topics about Hispanic players

Cause they are better than us, and more deserving and crap.

Might be, 14, 23, 38, or even 63 years of age.

Being a prick is fun for them.

Sad, really really sad.

But true (looking for the replay, must be here somewhere.).

sokolov22 #69 Posted May 30 2016 - 11:42

Captain

• Players
  • 29414 battles

In my experience, bad players are more likely to criticize and [edited], blaming their teammates for their own failures.

(As for me, I just blame RNG.)

Nehalim #70 Posted May 30 2016 - 12:23

Major

• Players
  • 35846 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

a pubbie can desecrate 50000 with impunity

an above average player sneezes in 1 game and its front page news

so yea

Bully_Hunter #71 Posted May 30 2016 - 12:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18201 battles
  • [-SYB-] -SYB-

"being xvm sniped 24/7"

arty that does this is the most malignant cancer. Ruins both of our games because I have to defend from that bull s*** while that arty never goes after better targets. Their response is "lol, u mad?" usually. No, not mad, just [edited]annoyed that a person will single out another based on stats for THE ENTIRE GAME. Then I get to watch while the rest of my team easily wins the match because I've been drawing all of the fire.

Thinking of trading out the account with an unfixable tomato just to have fun.

NK_33 #72 Posted May 30 2016 - 12:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 19707 battles

View PostAlliedTank102th, on May 29 2016 - 17:16, said:

The snobbiness, the feeling of being general patton. Hating anyone that doesnt do as well as them? Making topics about Hispanic players

A combination of having only this for their life/source of enjoyment and fulfillment, and GIFT.  If they were playing a game where their teammates or the enemy could physically touch them, they'd get hammered.

Check out Plato's Gyges (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_Gyges)  that's the internet, you can be as [REDACTED] as you like without consequences.  The question of 'who are you in the dark' gets answered here, a lot.

pepe_trueno #73 Posted May 30 2016 - 13:20

Major

• Players
  • 41596 battles

not sure whats the definition of good player but whatever.

i try to be civil but after couple teams all going 1 side and camping i start to loose my nerves,  thats the kind of stuff one lerns on tier 1. i mean one dosent need to be a genious to realise that 11 tanks camping on dorf g7 area with 1 tank on hill and 1 on rails is going to end terribly wrong and that was a freaking t9 match.

personaly i could care less about stats, heck wish i could drop myself to 45% to reduce the odds of arty folowing me like a lap dog :teethhappy: but i can imagin how frustrating and rage inducing this teams can be for those who actualy play for fame and glory.

Sunserrae #74 Posted May 30 2016 - 13:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 15962 battles

View Postshinglefoot, on May 30 2016 - 06:59, said:

I figure the uni's who flame and troll simply have literally nothing else in their life going for them.

They're insecurity and lack of social skills and normal human interaction causes them to build themselves up by tearing others down. 

Edited by Sunserrae, May 30 2016 - 13:29.

Sunserrae #75 Posted May 30 2016 - 13:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 15962 battles

View Postyour_Master, on May 30 2016 - 08:12, said:

After reading this thread it seems as though many people have a deeply rooted jealousy of good players in this game and they deal with it by telling themselves something like "oh the dirty nasty unicum has no life because you cant have a life and be good at the game at the same time" or something. Most of you don't know any good players yet still make these ridiculous generalizations (including the one about how every unicum is an [edited]). If you want to keep making these (wrong) generalizations, go for it. If you need to find a way to feel better about yourself by grouping everyone better than you at something into their own "neckbeard" group, or "nerd" group, or any other group you need to create to make yourself feel better, by all means keep doing it if it lets you cope with your jealousy. 

You are ignorant if you think it has anything to do with jealousy. 

Most of those potato on down players have no shortage of stories about being belittled in the game and on the forums about their stats, which breads the toxic environment that WOT has going on and many complain about. If the 'leet' were not condescending the lesser players, and helping as much as they claim too, you probably would not have that degree of hostility about them in general. The reality is that there is more negative remarks to lesser players, than any "help" going on as claimed by the neckbeards.

Sunserrae #76 Posted May 30 2016 - 13:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 15962 battles

View PostLoghery, on May 30 2016 - 11:35, said:

"being xvm sniped 24/7"

arty that does this is the most malignant cancer. Ruins both of our games because I have to defend from that bull s*** while that arty never goes after better targets. Their response is "lol, u mad?" usually. No, not mad, just [edited]annoyed that a person will single out another based on stats for THE ENTIRE GAME. Then I get to watch while the rest of my team easily wins the match because I've been drawing all of the fire.

I always love this argument by the leet neckbeard, who flies his stats in the sig about his greatness. Then complains when he is xvm sniped in the game for those same stats he cares so much about. You wanted to be a good player, you want to fly your stats, enjoy your reward of being focused on as the best player. :trollface:

Edited by Lt_Hunter, Jun 01 2016 - 04:57.
No action taken

Praematura #77 Posted May 30 2016 - 14:14

Captain

• Players
  • 51448 battles

View PostMustang67FB, on May 30 2016 - 02:32, said:

Here's an idea.... why is it the enemy team almost always understands that you should focus the good players in order for a better chance to win.... but when they're on your team you should not help or listen to them at all?

Well said.

Imagine a game where the point was to win and you were constantly playing with a group of Simple Jack players. Tell me you wouldn't try to reduce their learning curve and increase your chance to win only to be met with "I plaaaaaay for fuuuuun."

One conclusion can be drawn, one most of you guys are so thin skinned it's sad. I talk shot in the games where I know someone has a good sense of humor because I'm usually medicated when I play this. But folks take things personally, which I don't understand. Growing up in S Boston you can't walk out the door without some ball busting in good fun.

The second thing is the assertion good players have no achievements in life. This is false as my few real life friends who play this are educated like me, one being a doctor and the other an aerospace engineer.

King_Baboon #78 Posted May 30 2016 - 14:15

Major

• Players
  • 15654 battles
It's all good because where this game is going there are going to be less players in general to have spats with. 

Digital_Malamute #79 Posted May 30 2016 - 14:21

Major

• Players
  • 46759 battles
  • [SHIMP] SHIMP
Because WN8 is important.

Willy_W_Wonka #80 Posted May 30 2016 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 47945 battles
  • [_D_] _D_
Amazing how the meta changes by the hour to that of EU here with one team camping hard as the other pushes farming easy as they go along. I am disgusted with passive players especially those who are situational campers based on their xvm chance to win.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users