• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Digital_Malamute #81 Posted May 30 2016 - 14:41

Major

• Players
  • 46759 battles
  • [SHIMP] SHIMP

View Postyoggraid, on May 30 2016 - 08:38, said:

Amazing how the meta changes by the hour to that of EU here with one team camping hard as the other pushes farming easy as they go along. I am disgusted with passive players especially those who are situational campers based on their xvm chance to win.

You don't need chance to win activated to know which games are automatic losses either way, which I randomly estimate at 75% of games.

GS_G3K #82 Posted May 30 2016 - 14:48

Major

• Players
  • 23395 battles
  • [I_R_S] I_R_S

View Postshinglefoot, on May 30 2016 - 00:59, said:

plus the anonymity of the internet makes it easy as there are no consequences for being a tool. This is a GAME. It isn't life or death, the sun will come up tomorrow and life goes on.

Yeah this has been the case with online interactions since the dawn of the internet, it will never stop until our real name and some sort of permanent government id is associated with our online persona.

If there was no way to track down murderers etc in real life after a crime we would see murder skyrocket, the only thing keeping people from being awful and savages is the fear of punishment. The internet for the most part takes that away, especially apparent in these gaming forums where nothing we talk about actually matters outside of this forum.

Guest_Heldar_* #83 Posted May 30 2016 - 14:51

View PostGS_G3K, on May 30 2016 - 07:48, said:

Yeah this has been the case with online interactions since the dawn of the internet, it will never stop until our real name and some sort of permanent government id is associated with our online persona.

If there was no way to track down murderers in real life after a crime we would see murder skyrocket, the only thing keeping people from being awful and savages is the fear of punishment. The internet for the most part takes that away, especially apparent in these gaming forums where nothing we talk about actually matters outside of this forum.

I seriously hope you arent serious with that kind of retarded [edited].

OldMonkei #84 Posted May 30 2016 - 14:52

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 60470 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-

This topic is hilarious! 

I am bordering 48k games and rarely and I mean RARELY witness a purple pissing in players cornflakes in game. What I see are mid level players (Including myself), commenting harshly in game. I can only imagine the chuckles from the purples who actually know the meta watching a turd like myself rage at less experienced players. I am salty and not at the purples for knowing the game, although I am a tad envious of their skills :hiding:

I am salty from watching the the same dog doo every day. How may times are you going to trip over the same rock in the path before you wake up and say HEY! I can walk around it. Some never wake up and tend to be the ones who shiat  all over the forums and in game. Why focus a purple? Spend your time winning a flank rather than believing you are going to win a corn flake medal or better yet, the chest to pin it on.

It was a purple who took the time to private chat me at 15k games that taught me how wrong I was. I am not a good player but I try every day to improve, 

As a note, I am a Streamer www.twitch.tv/old_monkei and have 130+ streamers on my follow list, and 99% of the time, the streamers are purple and go out of their way to show the viewers how to do it right. Funny as it is, I show the viewers how NOT to do it then host a streamer who will show them how to do it right. 

Sorry I wrote so much, just so tired of seeing players rage on purples while those raging have no clue on how to tie velcro sneakers.

Willy_W_Wonka #85 Posted May 30 2016 - 14:52

Major

• Players
  • 47945 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

View Postmp31b30q9, on May 30 2016 - 07:41, said:

You don't need chance to win activated to know which games are automatic losses either way, which I randomly estimate at 75% of games.

Just won a 26% chance to win in a T28 prot after doing 5100 damage and 5 kills bullying mediums, the little secret was that everyone actually played this time.

Husarski #86 Posted May 30 2016 - 14:55

Major

• Players
  • 34794 battles

I play the lower tiers 4 – 6, because the mechanics are better in my opinion with easier fire and maneuver as well as fun tanks (like the Ram II).

I used to play at the higher tiers but my wife put a stop to that when my blood pressure hit 150 / 90 from seeing tier 9 – 10 players do stupid things that a tier 3 player wouldn’t do.

So my PR rating is low as I don't do the damage that you can deal with higher tier tanks. That Ram II only does 75 a shot and if it finishes the game doing over 2000 damage, I'm impressed.

Even so, I got a message from WG this weekend telling me the following;

Your position in rating «Personal Rating»: 12,370. You scored higher than 97.85% of players.

So, my PR is better than 97.85% of players and I play tier 5?

This should be an excellent indication of just how bad some people are.

After 26,000 games I rage at tankers who are literally throwing the game, doing things so stupid as to guarantee a loss. At 26,000+ battles, guess how many times I have given advice based upon my experience only to be told by some 42%, 200 battle player to "STFU". This player then promptly dies in exactly the manner that I told them they would if they didn’t take my advice. This is, of course, my fault.

I used to be a 49%er, but then found out about all the resources for people who want to be better. Quickybaby, Jingles, youtube, wikipedia, tank-encyclopedia, tank compare and all the goodness out there for reference.

Why can't other people do the same.

I have a full time job, I board cats for a rescue shelter, have a house that needs plenty of work and maintenance, like to get out every weekend and exercise at the gym 5 days a week as I'm middle aged. I don't have tons of time to play tanks but like to do so at the end of a tough day at the office to blow off steam.

I would rather not have idiots to deal with who are trying to lose, I get this for 8 hours at work thanks.

Good players want credits for their tanks and exps for their crews. Good players enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to their team's win and being rewarded with the above.

Good players get very angry at bad players who are doing nothing of the above and end the game with zero damage, 2 shots fired and a total of 0.5 km travelled as top tank.

Edited by Husarski, May 30 2016 - 14:56.

GS_G3K #87 Posted May 30 2016 - 15:03

Major

• Players
  • 23395 battles
  • [I_R_S] I_R_S

View PostHeldar, on May 30 2016 - 07:51, said:

I seriously hope you arent serious with that kind of retarded [edited].

What part do you not understand?

The part where I pointed out that people are totally awful to each other on the internet because of anonymity? Or the part where I compared it to our justice system, deterring people from committing crimes for fear of punishment?

You know we have laws for a reason right? 

It's not just for the heck of it, people at their core selfish terrible awful beings and the only thing keeping them in check is fear of being punished by a more powerful entity (in this case the justice system, in some cases God).

Not that hard to understand, at least for me. 

shinglefoot #88 Posted May 30 2016 - 15:06

Major

• Players
  • 25018 battles

He's right you know...

Sadly

Praematura #89 Posted May 30 2016 - 15:06

Captain

• Players
  • 51448 battles

View PostGS_G3K, on May 30 2016 - 15:03, said:

The part where I pointed out that people are totally awful to each other on the internet because of anonymity? Or the part where I compared it to our justice system, deterring people from committing crimes for fear of punishment?

It's not just for the heck of it, people at their core selfish terrible awful beings and the only thing keeping them in check is fear of being punished by a more powerful entity (in this case the justice system, in some cases God).

"The natural state of man's life is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short."

Hobbes

shinglefoot #90 Posted May 30 2016 - 15:07

Major

• Players
  • 25018 battles
     As was Hobbes...

GS_G3K #91 Posted May 30 2016 - 15:09

Major

• Players
  • 23395 battles
  • [I_R_S] I_R_S

View PostPraematura, on May 30 2016 - 08:06, said:

"The natural state of man's life is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short."

Hobbes

This guy gets it.

People give this species too much credit sometimes, thinking we won't regress to primal instincts as soon as society and government breaks down.

Digital_Malamute #92 Posted May 30 2016 - 15:20

Major

• Players
  • 46759 battles
  • [SHIMP] SHIMP

Just had a purple Pershing (in a Tier 8 game) rager teamkill the scout who didn't scout for his CHAI sniping damage as he camped 7 deep on the other teams weakside against 2 enemy tanks, while the enemy steam rolled my side 13 deep against 6.

Of course the purple rager PM's me after and talks about his CHAI sniping damage after the typical homophobic slurs.

GS_G3K #93 Posted May 30 2016 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 23395 battles
  • [I_R_S] I_R_S

View Postmp31b30q9, on May 30 2016 - 08:20, said:

Just had a purple Pershing (in a Tier 8 game) rager teamkill the scout who didn't scout for his CHAI sniping damage as he camped 7 deep on the other teams weakside against 2 enemy tanks, while the enemy steam rolled my side 13 deep against 6.

Of course the purple rager PM's me after and talks about his CHAI sniping damage after the typical homophobic slurs.

Welcome to the mind of the stat padder "good player".

Rigour67 #94 Posted May 30 2016 - 15:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27834 battles
  • [RIB] RIB

OK, let's just call it what it is.

A lot of winners at WoT are losers.

Not all.  But a lot.

Some winners at WoT are winners, period.  They don't act in this way, quite the opposite, they are kind and generous with their time to help newer players.  Most of the really top players are that way.
But below that group, there's a group, often of young men, for whom WoT has come to play an important part in their self-image.  
Their ego is tied to the idea that they are better than other WoT players, so just better.

Again, not all, but some.

People with good wives, kids, jobs, friends, etc. know this is a game.  They enjoy it, they may be good at it.  But they know it isn't important in any objective way.  They'd still like themselves and their lives if they never played WoT, or played it badly.  Skill at WoT is not a load-bearing wall in the structure of their lives.

But for the player without that WoT is important.  It makes the person feel like a winner.  And since we're all insecure, they feel the need to crow a bit about it.  They are better than their fellow player.  They want their props.  They need their props.  They demand the respect which they feel playing a video game well has earned them.

Add to this the online disinhibition effect and the failure of WG to police toxicity jn comments, and the mushrooms will certainly grow in a wet dark field full of that sort of fertilizer.

That's all.  It's not really a big deal.  Disappointing.  When I see a high skill player acting immaturely and raging, I just iggy them and go on.  It's sad.  They could be examples of how to conduct yourself and ambassadors to the community.  Some are.  But some are not.

Being good at manipulating a mouse and keyboard doesn't give you increased emotional maturity or social skills.  it's just the way it is.

Guest_Heldar_* #95 Posted May 30 2016 - 15:49

View PostGS_G3K, on May 30 2016 - 08:03, said:

I understood the whole part, your argument just lost all credibility when you suggested that there should be governmental oversight and censorship based on someones feels might get hurt over an [edited]being an [edited]on the internet.  Guess we need more safe spaces, instead of a backbone.

Edited by Heldar, May 30 2016 - 15:50.

Sunserrae #96 Posted May 30 2016 - 16:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 15962 battles

View PostGS_G3K, on May 30 2016 - 14:26, said:

Welcome to the mind of the stat padder "good player".

Katamori #97 Posted May 30 2016 - 19:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 10913 battles
Not that it has anything to do with randoms but I do see a lot of the purple clans being pricks during strongholds.

RyanGetzIaf #98 Posted May 30 2016 - 19:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24360 battles
  • [TYR] TYR

View PostKatamori, on May 30 2016 - 13:33, said:

Not that it has anything to do with randoms but I do see a lot of the purple clans being pricks during strongholds.

If you do a cancerous O-I camp they will call you for it, otherwise unless you start to accuse them of using "shooting-through-object-and-max-invisibility-Super-Hakx-3000" they will not even care using the chat.

Abbathor #99 Posted May 30 2016 - 19:51

Captain

• Players
  • 16633 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostNullestFuke, on May 29 2016 - 20:38, said:

nice reroll

Welcome to why I get toxic at people.

Generally I leave people alone, but getting called a hacker, getting called a re roll, getting shot at constantly by arty, having people actively screw up my game, and in general people being [edited]to me tend to make me mad. I get so many rage PM's and almost no PMs that are civil (there are some but most are people getting their panties in a twist about me being a hacking scumbag.) Serisouly you want to know why good players are [edited]? You should look towards the average pubbie first and see how they react/treat the good players. 

90% of the time I say nothing in game yet that does not stop people from [edited]at me or sending me PMs.

EDIT: I just bothered to read the rest of this thread and this thread is a prime example of why good players get mad. Just look at any post in this thread from Sunserrae and you will get your answer as to why "good" people are not civil.

Edited by Abbathor, May 30 2016 - 19:59.

Yuri_Doujinshi #100 Posted May 30 2016 - 20:07

Major

• Players
  • 23056 battles
  • [Y0UJ0] Y0UJ0

View PostSunserrae, on May 30 2016 - 12:34, said:

I always love this argument by the leet neckbeard, who flies his stats in the sig about his greatness. Then complains when he is xvm sniped in the game for those same stats he cares so much about. You wanted to be a good player, you want to fly your stats, enjoy your reward of being focused on as the best player. :trollface:

I stopped running my stats in my sig because I noticed that people were judging the content of my posts based on the color of my stats. It was making it harder to get my point across because people would immediately disregard any useful content I had based on the fact that I was an "elitist uniscum".

Since removal, the responses to my posts have been much more productive. I don't think I will be putting my stats in my sig from now on.

View PostKatamori, on May 30 2016 - 18:33, said:

If you were using any reasonable amount of O-Is, or just camping in your spawn, then I can see exactly why they did it. Breaking O-I camps is a massive pain that nobody wants to deal with, and camping in general is such a stupid strat that most purples like to insult it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users