Teamplay accolaides system

Teamplay strategy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Spiderchoke #1 Posted May 30 2016 - 04:29

Private

• Players
  • 7523 battles

There should be some sort of system to reward team play.  League of legends allows you to commend players for various reasons.  Team play, being helpful (teaching/helping other players), excellent skill.  Etc.  The game has become overly focused on Wn8 stats. 

No one seems to value actual strategy or teamwork.  I see it, more often than not, seeming more important to get good damage figures, than to actually get the win.  (example)  Rather than turn around and defend the flag, stay and get in on that kill that may happen soon on the two tanks your team is fighting on the other flank.  There are times when someone needs to go back to defend.  This doesn't happen, because points will go to someone else while that person is traversing to defend. 

It's tantamount to playing a FPS game and no one plays the objective, they only go for kills.  you lose, but - yeah, JerkWaad3000 (clantag) got 9 kills. WOOT!  L33T!  :(

However, If there were a reward for being recognized by your peer gamers for "team play", it may encourage others to play to win.  Rather than to have 3k damage, but the team loses.  There must be a way to devalue the precious wn8, as it is overly viewed as the singular measure of importance.  Just like anything else, people find a way to exploit.  it's easy to snipe in a heavy to get major damage, but that isn't helping your team if you are the biggest armor they have.

I started this game in beta.  I never get into stats.  I'm into winning, playing well, teamwork, and fun.  I don't "re-roll" to look super cool once I learn a game.  I leave it as it lay.  It is what it is.  I sometimes pull infront of my teammate to take shots for them, if I'm bouncing and they are higher than me.  I will shoot what I can, track them, block shots, etc.  "team play".  If I give them 4 more shots, that may mean we win.  I love strategy.  that is one of the reasons I loved this game from the start.  you couldn't just run and gun.  Each tank had specific characteristics, pros and cons.  Using terrain, and the tank to it's best ability you could win as a team.  without the team you lose.  now it just seems that I see teams leaving flanks open.  people abandoning people to be alone to die.  ignoring calls for help.  leaving the flag to get capped to get just one or two more kills, etc.  It's sucking the fun out of the game. 

When you try to incite some teamwork, and ask for assistance, people just call you names and tell you that you suck because your wn8 is lower than they think it should be.  It's completely a negative experience and it can be fixed.

Please institute a teamwork rewards system and improve the gameplay of this wonderful platform. :)

Regards,

Spiderchoke

P.S.  I await the troll flaming I shall receive for being a terrible player complaining, from the community, rather than the consideration of the concept I present.  Because, I mean, if my stats aren't good, I have no value apparently. :(

_Silent #2 Posted May 30 2016 - 04:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35524 battles
  • [GROOT] GROOT
They said "soon" a system like WoWs will be implemented.  and the platoon bonus is to elicit team play.  But good ideas

Dante_Quixote #3 Posted May 30 2016 - 04:35

Private

• Players
  • 17661 battles

I agree with you, also funny I posted this exact idea about 15 minutes ago in another thread >> http://prnt.sc/ba1d67 <<

But I totally agree, there should be a system in place for players to reward the other players they see playing well and supporting their team.

DannyS76 #4 Posted May 30 2016 - 04:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 16994 battles
  • [_CIA_] _CIA_
WN8 is overated. Although I will probably start striving to improve mine, I will always remember the object is to win the game.

Brick94 #5 Posted May 30 2016 - 04:56

Captain

• Players
  • 43414 battles
TLDR another Whine, do you need some cheese princess??

Themutt36 #6 Posted May 30 2016 - 05:05

Captain

• Players
  • 20462 battles
That would be nice, but you could still do what I do, send them a PM after the game and tell them they did good

cartires #7 Posted May 30 2016 - 05:16

Captain

• Players
  • 42276 battles
^what he said

Spiderchoke #8 Posted May 30 2016 - 06:40

Private

• Players
  • 7523 battles

I do compliment people when I see amazing play or teamwork.  I just think that if it were part of the system, it would encourage it to happen more.  Now I'm speaking of Pub matches.  in organized battles, it is more predominant, but that's teams.  They work together.  If something isn't done, it will turn into COD, with some person putting on perks and running around crouching knifing you while you unload a full mag into them.  Yeah, that isn't fun.  Neither is being abandoned on a flank, or the map starting and no one covering an entire side or the middle, etc. 

being a good human being, and saying "hey - Good job" isn't the same as having it in the game mechanics.  I'm not asking for everyone to be a good human being.  That's unreasonable.  I'm asking for the developer to consider motivating people to be a good human being. :)

The difference is the magnitude of which it will produce good behavior.  We can direct human behavior.  Or we can let it run rampant.  When we let it run rampant, with anonymity, it will generally fall into a category that is less than desirable.  That's the nature of the internet.  People are all big and tough, selfish, and outright jerks, when they don't have to fear repercussions.  In war, they'd be more willing to cover their teammates back, so they could get the same.  They'd care of the guy behind them died.  They wouldn't be jerks because someone might hurt them.  But online........they are big bad tough guys.

Meanwhile, I'm  just over here trying to have fun and game with like minded individuals that want to out strategize and execute said strategy better than the opposing side.  Just to blow off some steam and escape life for a while.  :)  Just to have some fun. 

Also tagged with Teamplay, strategy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users