1600 damage without pen...wthcome on WG fix this!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

0nTarg3t #1 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 08:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28128 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
I am in a TVP 50/51 and a round lands RIGHT next to me. HE from guess what ARTY. HOW IN THE HELL does it do over 1600 damage?

I understand arty is needed to break camping tanks up, but this is just ridiculous.
In other games arty has less damage and shoots a little more often.
Also in other games you get a warning saying hey arty is aiming at you.
It is completely unfair and unbalanced that a tank I can not shoot back at can take away over 80% of my health without me even having a chance to return fire.

REbalance by
Lower damage by at least half and increase rate of fire by 35%.
Give 3 second warning that arty is aiming at your tank
Decrease range of arty by 35% but increase firing arc so they can shoot over buildings and hills.

Gunadie #2 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 08:09

Major

• Players
  • 44463 battles

View Post0nTarg3t, on Jun 01 2016 - 23:01, said:

I am in a TVP 50/51 and a round lands RIGHT next to me. HE from guess what ARTY. HOW IN THE HELL does it do over 1600 damage?

I understand arty is needed to break camping tanks up, but this is just ridiculous.
It is completely unfair and unbalanced that a tank I can not shoot back at can take away over 80% of my health without me even having a chance to return fire.

REbalance by
Decrease range of arty by 35% but increase firing arc so they can shoot over buildings and hills.

At least you were left with 80% of your health

There are several matches I've played where I have been one-shot and I could see whom it was! (and it wasn't arty either)

That still doesn't mean I could shoot back or even have a chance to avoid being hit no matter what)

Please don't compare this game to any other because it isn't.

Simply make you point with facts to back it up (feelings are irrelevant)

I'm sure WarShaming will get around to some sort of balance right after they introduce the new map selection that they are bringing out....oh..errr, wait, ..did I miss something?

Hmmmmm.....................

ps..Its hard to feel sorry for any high tier autoloader, especially that one!

The_Toastmaster_General #3 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 08:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21070 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View Post0nTarg3t, on Jun 01 2016 - 23:01, said:

REbalance by

How do you explain the ability to know arty is looking at you?

If that's implemented, why not have a notification that ANY tank is looking at you?

Everlasting_Chungus #4 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 08:24

Major

• Players
  • 33542 battles
  • [KANT0] KANT0

View PostGunadie, on Jun 02 2016 - 00:09, said:

At least you were left with 80% of your health

There are several matches I've played where I have been one-shot and I could see whom it was! (and it wasn't arty either)

That still doesn't mean I could shoot back or even have a chance to avoid being hit no matter what)

Please don't compare this game to any other because it isn't.

Simply make you point with facts to back it up (feelings are irrelevant)

I'm sure WarShaming will get around to some sort of balance right after they introduce the new map selection that they are bringing out....oh..errr, wait, ..did I miss something?

Hmmmmm.....................

ps..Its hard to feel sorry for any high tier autoloader, especially that one!

It didn't leave him with 80% of his health, the shell took 80% of his health even though it didn't hit him directly

player2aj #5 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 10:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30570 battles
  • [GROOT] GROOT
If other games are so much better, why not go play them? Arty is ok, or could actually use a small buff.

Scorpiany #6 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 10:31

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 36967 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

Chances are, the shell landed below you in order for it to do that much damage - a shell of that caliber exploding underneath an already paper vehicle, regardless of how anti-arty I am (right now, as that opinion seems to change every month), is expected to do a massive amount of damage.

That being said, unless you were going to an entirely overused location or popping up in the same location every time you're spotted and / or sitting still, the damage you receive is still ridiculous.

As for fixing arty, my horrendous, 2:29 AM suggestions are really reducing its firing arc (Sorry, but the Conq GC and FV304 are simply broken), give a tint on the mini-map in the general location an artillery piece on the enemy team has been aiming for the past 10 seconds (2x2 square) or 5 seconds (3x3 square), and reduce the module / crew damage for misses. And lastly, change the bloom for arty depending on the tank class it's shooting at - Make it so that for targeting faster / more mobile vehicles, unaimed shells are more likely to go towards the outer edges of the reticle than with normal tanks, but for aimed shells, they're more likely to go towards the center (Thus if you let an arty fully aim in on your location instead of using your mobility, you get punished for it, but general, slightly unpredictable movement will result in easy dodges for you - And as for leading targets, an arty that can't lead targets well won't get "lucky" by having the shell go towards an outer edge of the reticle and still fly further ahead than where aimed thus hitting a moving vehicle - It will force arty to be more precise with its timing and prevent "lucky" unaimed shots, but will make it easier for arty to punish camping vehicles or ones who are overusing one location in a very mobile vehicle.

Versus when shooting at slower vehicles, bloom is a bit more biased towards the outer edges of the reticle, less outer reticle bias as the distance increases. Unaimed shots versus aimed shots still have similar, but scaled biases as compared to the ones above.

Southern_Comfort #7 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 10:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36170 battles
That's nothing, a T92 one shot my T34 blind shot and got lucky soon as the game started with splash damage!:arta:

fidel_ramirez #8 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 12:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11412 battles

View Post0nTarg3t, on Jun 02 2016 - 08:01, said:

That must be impossible, because if HE shell doesn't fully penetrate you, it's damage is halved before any reductions due to distance from impact/armor etc.

That means that shell damage must have been more than 3200 and there are no such shells in the game.

One of 2 things could have happened:

1) You were hit and penned (while you for some reason think that was a splash)

2) Another shell hit you at the same time as arty splash and you didn't distinguish their damage.

More can be said if you provide a replay or at least some screenshots.

Edit: typo

Edited by fidel_ramirez, Jun 02 2016 - 12:11.

pepe_trueno #9 Posted Jun 02 2016 - 13:43

Major

• Players
  • 41596 battles

View Postfidel_ramirez, on Jun 02 2016 - 12:11, said:

That must be impossible, because if HE shell doesn't fully penetrate you, it's damage is halved before any reductions due to distance from impact/armor etc.

That means that shell damage must have been more than 3200 and there are no such shells in the game.

One of 2 things could have happened:

1) You were hit and penned (while you for some reason think that was a splash)

2) Another shell hit you at the same time as arty splash and you didn't distinguish their damage.

More can be said if you provide a replay or at least some screenshots.

Edit: typo

this, t92 has highest apha 2250, +25% that is 2812.

now when HE fails to pen the damage is halfed so max an arty can do on a non pen is 1400

distance from point on impact and your armor olso reduce damage

armor to a small degree olso reduce damage

few theories

probably got hit by more than one round at the same time

the round actualy penned for 1600 (AP/HEAT) can do it

high roll plus one instance of fire  you never notice (asuming you are using autmatic extinguisher).  

commander broke something and took the oportunity to blame arty

0nTarg3t #10 Posted Jun 03 2016 - 04:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28128 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
I checked my tanks after I got hit. No holes in it. I didnt save the replay so I can't provide that. But it was definitely an arty and it definitely hit me for over 1600....

Fr33kzilla #11 Posted Jun 03 2016 - 09:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15296 battles

View Post0nTarg3t, on Jun 03 2016 - 04:58, said:

I checked my tanks after I got hit. No holes in it. I didnt save the replay so I can't provide that. But it was definitely an arty and it definitely hit me for over 1600....

Always save replays. And I'm with the others here. You got hit by someone else too. If there were more than one arty, well, they both might've hit you. I've seen platooned arty groups who were using voice chat and coordinating their attacks to all attack the same target. And it was DEVASTATING. Anything they targeted basically was annihilated. And yes, they were using that annoying French LeF artillery. It was pure carnage, heavy tanks  seemingly getting one shot, 2 tanks sitting next to one another both dying in one explosion. Ya that was an unpleasant match for me and everyone else on my team. It also made me wish for a "single arty per team" rule.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users