Studly Utility update to help with 9.15 Issues (2.3)

Studly Utility 9.15 Mac Wrapper Freeze Bug Bugs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

dstud208 #1 Posted Jun 05 2016 - 00:51

Captain

• Players
  • 17764 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

Hey guys, I really should have done this a week ago, but I updated the Studly Utility to help with the 9.15 freezing. It basically combines the two workarounds found by the players into a GUI so players only have to click a button to get their game working again:

1. Removing possibly bad exe file
  2. Manipulating the preferences file

Download the Studly Utility: Studly Utility Download Page

Screenshot of the Utility

You will find the "9.15 freeze utility" in the World of Tanks tab, click the "9.15 Freeze" button and a new window opens with the buttons you want. Heres a short guide on using it:

• The first button (Reset Client and Fix Freeze) is only really for those who haven't done anything or have always failed at getting the game working. It implements the two workarounds mentioned (linked) earlier. This will remove all your preferences though, so you will need to setup your game again (graphics settings and such)

• The Create Restore Point button saves a copy of the preferences file into a folder called "WorkingPreferences" right next to your actual preferences file. This will be the Master copy, so make sure the game is setup how you want it to be, before you click this button.

• The Force Quit and Restore button is what you will click before you start the game or when the game freezes up on you. If the game is still running it will force quit World of Tanks, and it will also copy the Master preferences file that we created earlier and replace the now-broken one. If this button does not force quit the game for you then you may need to force quit it yourself (Option + Command + Esc), THEN click this button to restore your game to its working state - with all your settings intact.

• The Undo Temporary "fix" is the button you want to click AFTER the game/wrapper gets patched to work bug free. This will restore the "problematic exe" file and whatever functionality that it did/does.

NOTES:

• I still do NOT recommend using the camo and emblems. That will most likely freeze your game still.
  • Do NOT command-tab in and out of the game when full screen, it will freeze the game. If you want to bounce between the game and something else then play in windowed mode.
  • This MAY NOT ACTUALLY HELP YOU. These workarounds apparently don't work for everyone. This utility is only to help make life easier for those that they do work for, and possibly help those that accidentally did it wrong or get confused with the whole process.
SaveSave

Edited by dstud208, Jul 02 2016 - 01:29.

Polecat_Price #2 Posted Jun 05 2016 - 16:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12872 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

Folks,

As of an hour ago, if you delete WOT as part of your troubleshooting, you may find that you cannot get the link on the WOT website to work to re-download WOT for the Mac. I used the utility dstud208 kindly provided to clean WOT off my Mac, and now I can't get a new download. Safari tells me it cannot securely connect to "wot-origin.wargaming.net"

FWIW

dstud208 #3 Posted Jun 05 2016 - 17:01

Captain

• Players
  • 17764 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
Use Chrome to download (or Firefox) Wargaming just don't like safari right now for some reason

Finnegan_Gromyko #4 Posted Jun 05 2016 - 18:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8996 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
Agreed. I used Firefox, no problem. Ironic WG released fix for mac that doesn't work for safari. Doh!

Ableson_Kaine #5 Posted Jun 06 2016 - 01:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 6712 battles
  • [JFK] JFK

Nothing was working, all the kings horses and all the kings men could not get my game working again. I tried throwing away files and subfolders, remastering the game using other versions of Wine, sending tickets to the help desk, asking random tankers (who all told me to 'uninstall and reinstall' - thanks, you bonny lads, A+ for effort). 

But Dstud208's utility fixed it. 

Good show lad (as they say in Great Britain).

Heypop #6 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 19:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 5138 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE

How do I install v 2.0.3 of the wrapper? 

(1) Force Update does not work

(2) Live Server link in utility only gets 2.0.1 version

(3) Codeweavers link on their site only gets 2.0.1 version

black_colt #7 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 16:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostHeypop, on Aug 26 2017 - 10:02, said:

How do I install v 2.0.3 of the wrapper? 

(1) Force Update does not work

(2) Live Server link in utility only gets 2.0.1 version

(3) Codeweavers link on their site only gets 2.0.1 version

See the following post for more details -             #32      

Not sure what you are doing as the Live Server link and the CodeWeavers link both download v2.0.10 - I just rechecked right before responding to your post.

Finally not sure why you want to run v2.0.3 as there are two serious bugs - inability for some users to connect to the servers and inability to update the WoT Mac Wrapper due to Sparkle - if you are set on using v2.0.3 then I suggest you contact CodeWeavers and ask if they can supply you with the version.

Also tagged with Studly, Utility, 9.15, Mac, Wrapper, Freeze, Bug, Bugs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users