Battlefield Tanks

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Scinfaxi #1 Posted Jun 14 2016 - 03:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

I thought this would be a fun post to make so if anyone reading this enjoys it please feel free to comment and add to it.

For those of you not familiar with the franchise, Battlefield is a FPS open world combat game that relies on heavy weapon and vehicle use. Their most recent game is called Battlefield 1. the game takes place during the most intense periods of WWI and thus you will be using weapons and vehicles of that time. In screenshots and in their trailers, we can see multiple tanks featured in the game. The British Mk. V, FT-17 and German A7V!

These are some of many usable vehicles to be used in the game and looks very fun and exciting. The devs also mentioned that it wont be easy to use one of these vehicles as they all operate differently from each other and could require more than one player to operate them properly (i.e. driver, gunner, commander, etc..). The trailer and screenshots show the tanks crossing trenches and smashing through buildings supporting infantry.

So I hope you all enjoyed this post and I'm happy to update this if more tanks are announce for the game. Please enjoy the Battlefield 1 trailers below and check out the Grand-daddy tanks in action!

HowitzerBlitzer #2 Posted Jun 14 2016 - 03:36

Major

• Players
  • 15428 battles
I don't care - I want to ride in a rolling barn.

Harkonen_siegetank #3 Posted Jun 14 2016 - 04:11

Major

• Players
  • 28038 battles
  • [_LOL_] _LOL_
Will we see FT-17? I doubt it.

CapturedJoe #4 Posted Jun 14 2016 - 08:41

Captain

• Players
  • 4214 battles
No Schneider CA1?:izmena:

PUNISHER989 #5 Posted Jun 14 2016 - 08:49

Major

• Players
  • 26501 battles
I see the horses being filled up with demo charges and ridden into the enemy. 

uberdice #6 Posted Jun 14 2016 - 12:34

Major

• Players
  • 27031 battles
I think calling Battlefield an open world game is a very creative use of that term.

Scinfaxi #7 Posted Jun 14 2016 - 18:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

View PostHarkonen_siegetank, on Jun 13 2016 - 22:11, said:

Will we see FT-17? I doubt it.

Yes we will, theres a 45+ minute game play live stream that showed all three tanks being used. The FT-17 is classified as a light tank in the game an only has room for one player who both drives and fires the tank. The image above of the FT-17 is from in game footage.

View Postuberdice, on Jun 14 2016 - 06:34, said:

I think calling Battlefield an open world game is a very creative use of that term.

Yea I was trying to think of a better term, I dint want to jus say FPS cause CoD is that but not near as big and open like BF.

Scinfaxi #8 Posted Jun 15 2016 - 15:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Heres the link to the full livestream gameplay of the game in pre-alpha state. Here you will see all 3 tanks in the game so far play and fight.

Scinfaxi #9 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 01:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Scinfaxi #10 Posted Jun 25 2016 - 18:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

just thought i'd update some info about the tank in BF1 I learned by watching gameplay footage.

1. ​Tanks will have at least two types of ammunition, AP rounds which are mainly useful for destroying enemy vehicles or punching holes in buildings. The other is a Canister shell holding ball bearings, much like a shotgun. This is mainly for short range anti-infantry combat.
  2.  Tanks have at least one countermeasure for now, the Gas Canister. When the tank is being attacked by infantry up close, the tanker can deploy poisonous gas to kill or disrupt them from destroying your tank.
  3.  Tanks will have a repair ability used by the driver. If the tank is heavily damaged or disabled, the driver can activate a repair option that will repair the vehicle upon completion. However during which time the tank will be motionless and unable to move or fire. The only way to do so is to abandon the repair.

That's all I have for now but happy to update more in the future.

1lt_wert #11 Posted Jun 25 2016 - 21:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30586 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostScinfaxi, on Jun 25 2016 - 09:45, said:

just thought i'd update some info about the tank in BF1 I learned by watching gameplay footage.

1. ​Tanks will have at least two types of ammunition, AP rounds which are mainly useful for destroying enemy vehicles or punching holes in buildings. The other is a Canister shell holding ball bearings, much like a shotgun. This is mainly for short range anti-infantry combat.
  2.  Tanks have at least one countermeasure for now, the Gas Canister. When the tank is being attacked by infantry up close, the tanker can deploy poisonous gas to kill or disrupt them from destroying your tank.
  3.  Tanks will have a repair ability used by the driver. If the tank is heavily damaged or disabled, the driver can activate a repair option that will repair the vehicle upon completion. However during which time the tank will be motionless and unable to move or fire. The only way to do so is to abandon the repair.

That's all I have for now but happy to update more in the future.

Well I see, just like some other games, they didn't let reality get in the way.

WW1 tanks did not have AP rounds.

WW1 tanks did not carry gas rounds (they were not even close to air tight).

WW1 tanks has lots of MG's to deal with infantry. Some had only MG's.

Scinfaxi #12 Posted Jun 25 2016 - 21:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH
well the AP round is just the generic term used for the standard shell, similar to how in WoT the FT has an AP, APCR, and HE shell type even though they aren't historically accurate. The gas canister I cant tell if fired from the gun or just dispersed from the vehicle and if it harms the occupants. Lastly the repair option was done for balance reasons, they didn't want a tank driver to heal and shoot causing an OP scenario. however I'm not sure if that applies to other occupants manning guns and cannons, they might still be able to fire while the drive is repairing.

Scinfaxi #13 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 00:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

just making an amendment to my list update post earlier, in the number 2 listing, I mention how the tank had options to use like ammo types and countermeasures, apparently this is different for each type of tank. For example, the light class which is the FT-17 tank has the Poison Gas Canister and a heal ability for nearby players but another video I watched showed the heavy class which is the A7V tank have a Land Mine drop and a smoke screen option. For more detailed info I have posted Level Cap's video all about the tanks.

Scinfaxi #14 Posted Jul 18 2016 - 03:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Scinfaxi #15 Posted Aug 14 2016 - 02:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Scinfaxi #16 Posted Aug 15 2016 - 18:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Scinfaxi #17 Posted Sep 05 2016 - 17:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

So with the Battlefield 1 Beta in full swing, I thought i'd come back and break down the tank classes and loadouts in more detail for those who haven't played the game yet. The Beta is still going on until at least Sept. 8th so you can still download for free and play the Beta to try these tanks first hand. If not, I hope you enjoy this little info segment.

First there are three tank types in the Beta. Light; which is a FT-17, a Medium; Landhip Mk. V and a heavy; A7V. Each brings to the table their own strengths and weaknesses. The Light tank is designed for solo gameplay to support infantry and take on enemy infantry units. The landship is more about working with your teammates to man the main guns and support fellow teammates. Finally the heavy tank is meant to hold an entire squad and breakthrough enemy defenses while unleashing massive firepower and in need be, an entire squad upon the enemy. Below I will show you the various loadouts each of these vehicles have. Each has around 2 or 3 and designed for different roles and purposes.

Light Tank: FT-17

Loadout 1: Light Close Support Tank

Description: Offensive and suited for close to medium range combat this version has the ability to support friendly infantry as well as the ability to restore mobility fast.

Armament: 37mm Cannon with Standard and Case Ammo

Abilities: Medic Crate Drop, Ammo Crate Drop, Fast track Repair

Seats: 1

Loadout 2: Light Flanker Tank

Description: Suited for close range combat with high firepower and the ability to restore mobility fast and deploy anti-tank mines.

Armament: 20mm Auto-cannon with standard and case ammo.

Abilities: Anti-Tank Mine drop, Fast track Repair

Loadout 3: Light Howitzer Tank

Description: Suited for long range fighting against static enemies, emplacements and with the ability to deploy a defensive smoke screen.
Armament: 75mm Cannon and Heavy Machine Gun
Abilities: Fast Emergency Repair, Smoke Screen

Medium Tank: Landship Mk. V

Loadout 1: Squad Support Landship
Description: With the capacity to carry an entire squad, this version can be a powerful offensive Landship, and at the same time supporting friendly infantry in its proximity.
Armament: Forward and Rear mounted Light Machine gun, two 57mm Cannons with HE and Case ammo, two side mounted Light Machine guns.
Abilities: Fast Track Repair, Ammo Crate drop, Medic Crate drop.
Seats: 5

Loadout 2: Tank Hunter Landship
Description: This version is geared towards medium range anti vehicle engagements. It can deploy a defensive gas cloud and can be quickly repaired.
Armament: Tankgewehr, two 57mm Cannons with AT and Case ammo.
Abilities: Poison Gas Emitter, Fast Emergency Repair
Seats: 3

Heavy Tank: A7V

Loadout 1: Heavy Assault Tank
Description: Suited for medium range combat against infantry with its strong defensive loadout including a defensive smokescreen and the ability to restore mobility fast.
Armament: 57mm Cannon with HE and Case ammo, six Heavy Machine guns.
Abilities: Fast Track Repair, Smoke Screen.
Seats: 6

Loadout 2: Heavy Breakthrough Tank
Description: This version comes with heavy firepower suited for long range fighting both against other vehicles and emplacements. Can supply and heal friendly infantry in its proximity.
Armament: 57mm Cannon with HE and Case ammo, for Heavy machine guns.
Abilities: Ammo Crate drop, Medic Crate drop.
Seats: 4

Loadout 3: Heavy Flamethrower Tank
Description: Rare versions of this tank actually had two flamethrowers making it effective in close combat. This version can also deploy a defensive gas cloud and restore mobility quickly.
Armament: 57mm Cannon with HE and Case Ammo, two side mounted Heavy Machine guns, two side mounted flamethrowers.
Abilities: Poison Gas Emitter, Fast track Repair.
Seats: 5

These loadouts are subject to change upon final release or fine tuned. But it gives you an idea how effective the machines can be. Below is a video detailing more about them. Hope you enjoyed this.

Scinfaxi #18 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 01:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

What is Battlefield 1? This is....

Scinfaxi #19 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 01:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Battlefield 1 Launches tonight at midnight for the Early Enlisters and Oct. 21st for everyone else. Pick up a copy and have fun!

Also tagged with Battlefield, Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users