What exactly are the chat command shortcuts?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Unitater #1 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 02:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 669 battles

Hi nub question here: when I press "z" I can see the F- Shortcuts for things like affirmative, negative, or defend the base. But there is no shortcut assigned to 'attack'. How do I use the attack chat command without having to go through the Z key?

secondly, I see people using the "follow me" or "requesting fire at..." Chat commands - how do I do these?

i just want to have the battle chat down for easier team communication :)

Edited by Unitater, Jun 16 2016 - 02:59.

Strigonx #2 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 03:03

Major

• Players
  • 21852 battles
  • [QSSF] QSSF
You sperg in chat of course, what else should you do?

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 03:04

Major

• Players
  • 16569 battles
  • [TIP] TIP

"T" for attack. 

I think each command has a small orange letter for the respective key or something. 

Ndtm #4 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 03:08

Major

• Players
  • 15363 battles

View PostUnitater, on Jun 16 2016 - 02:59, said:

secondly, I see people using the "follow me" or "requesting fire at..." Chat commands - how do I do these?

Just put your reticle over a friendly or enemy tank and it'll change the commands that show up the z menu (which includes the follow me, halt etc) and you can just press 'T' while having the reticle over a enemy tank for the requesting fire one

Unitater #5 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 03:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 669 battles

View PostNdtm, on Jun 15 2016 - 19:08, said:

Just put your reticle over a friendly or enemy tank and it'll change the commands that show up the z menu (which includes the follow me, halt etc) and you can just press 'T' while having the reticle over a enemy tank for the requesting fire one

I see - thanks so much ^_^

DemonicSothe #6 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 05:03

Captain

• Players
  • 14794 battles
The single most important shortcut one can use in a tank is f8 by default. It states the status of your capability to fire. Ready to fire, current reload if reloading, and shells in magazine if not single shot. This lets whoever is nearby know whether you can help in whatever it is they want to do.

The T is useful for reminding people that someone just popped out flanking. I think it comes with a sound effect? In spg's, its commonly used to show who you're targetting, and very useful in conjunction with the f8 key.

I tend to ignore every other chat commands, its just so ambiguous, or useless information.

Berton_Robinson #7 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 02:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2848 battles
  • [ETKD] ETKD
Another noob question. When I push one of the F# keys, is the message needing another key press, like the Fn key for it to work? These keys are supposed to be shortcut keys according to WoT. They just don't explain how the shortcut works. Thanks.  

VTSplinter #8 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 02:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 21577 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

It's somewhere on the WOT website but I can't find it quickly so:

F4 = Defend base or if reticle on team mate, it's [team mate name] Fall Back

F5 = Affirmative

F6 = Negative

F7 = Help

F8 = Reloading (with number of seconds remaining. If aimed at team mate: [name of team mate] Stop!

T = Attack. If aimed at team mate: [name of team mate] Follow me; In artillery, if aimed at enemy it means I am Attacking this specific enemy tank; If not in artillery and aimed at enemy (they are outlined in red) it means Requesting Fire

1mp0ster #9 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 04:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 30002 battles
  • [4SAKN] 4SAKN
I think that the "You are blocking my shot" is part of a mod. That is one I would love for vanilla. So many times teammates just get in the way and you want them to move.

muddybruin #10 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 19:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 11536 battles
  • [_P-B_] _P-B_

View PostBerton_Robinson, on Mar 20 2017 - 01:43, said:

Another noob question. When I push one of the F# keys, is the message needing another key press, like the Fn key for it to work? These keys are supposed to be shortcut keys according to WoT. They just don't explain how the shortcut works. Thanks.  

It happens immediately upon hitting F5 or whatever. No need to hit enter.

the_Deadly_Bulb #11 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 20:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15298 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post1mp0ster, on Mar 21 2017 - 19:24, said:

I think that the "You are blocking my shot" is part of a mod. That is one I would love for vanilla. So many times teammates just get in the way and you want them to move.

This is part of the "Safeshot" mod. It prevents you from firing at friendly tanks. It also broadcasts the message "You are blocking my shot",  if an ally pulls in front of you as you pull the trigger (as well as preventing the shot).

It will not prevent damage from rounds already fired, if the ally crosses into your shot's path while the round is enroute to the target they will be struck.

Just an FYI, when an ally is blocking your fire don't expect them to move when they receive this notification, they may, or they may not. If they don't have chat active they won't even see the message. If you don't have a shot, you should probably be the one to move.

If you turn off the in game chat, you will not see messages from team mates in chat, you will still see the com rose messages and the map pings, just nothing they type. If you use the right click and "block for this match" selection you'll see nothing from them. Its a great way to silence map spammers, you know the ones who are dead and think everyone needs the map coordinates they want you to focus on broadcast 20 or 30 times in a row.

If you Blacklist a player they will no longer be able to communicate with you at all, including after match pleasantries. You will also see these individuals identified in game as Blacklisted. They get a tiny red chat balloon next to their name in the in game list, no matter which side they're on, in all future battles, unless you remove them from your Blacklist.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Mar 23 2017 - 20:46.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users