Tournament Changes in July

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
332 replies to this topic

SkimpyLawnChair #21 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 20:34

Major

• Players
  • 22249 battles
  • [PEWDS] PEWDS
WG is one step closer to completely demolishing competitive play. First CW and now our tourneys. I'm waiting to see how many people quit the game when these changes go through now

NARWL_Legend_Muscoe #22 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 20:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20211 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU
Did I mention WG is losing too much money giving out gold in tournaments?

SxTig #23 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 20:36

Private

• Players
  • 19504 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO

First, if you remove something that is a great demand for the players in each tournament will generate the loss of players do not know what to do, but it will go wrong ..
I know you are looking for a more distributive form of players repatir by other events , but it is what attracts toneos are competing for a prize they really want to compete.
In short, it is a negative point for me ... they will have many more, but more to follow and realize that tournaments atreen more players than other events such as clan wars or strengths.

http://wotlabs.net/s..._/signature.png

A_FIELD_MARSHAL #24 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 20:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 29303 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

If you wanted to cut the gold payouts just say it. Shuckin and jiving around the issue isnt doing players any favors.

Skirmish is the only reason why I keep playing this game. CW is a mess and stale. The Tournys are the only thing keeping me logging in daily. I hope this only applies to July if this continues you will see me disconinue playing WoT.

tindealer #25 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 20:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21847 battles

Why would people quit playing when a fabulous article might be written about the winning team?  What a tremendous prize!

Honestly, this is a bad idea and you should feel bad about it.  

Guest_RustyZ__O_Oll_* #26 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 20:43

Dance, is this a decision that was handed down to you from Minsk, or did the WGNA office decide this? Cause tbh, I don't believe a lot of people in WGNA want to actively kill off their home server. This, along with the already horrific changes with CW 2.0, are going to kill the NA server off, and it's a damn shame to see it happen. 

A_FIELD_MARSHAL #27 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 20:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 29303 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

You are killing the reason why many keep playing this game anymore. If Skirmish are fan favs why kill them off? Whats going in their place that will keep me coming back? Will there be more Tournys like March Mapness? Or Longer tounys that offer better payouts?

I dont care about Call to Arms or 1v1. Can you please be honest and tell the REAL reason for this change? I would have more respect for Honesty than this longingly worded answer to cover up the real reason. 

ChapetaSaavedra #28 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 20:51

Captain

• Players
  • 28021 battles
  • [R-7] R-7
Very bad idea, what is the reason to do this?

A_FIELD_MARSHAL #29 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 20:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 29303 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostChapetaSaavedra, on Jun 16 2016 - 20:51, said:

Very bad idea, what is the reason to do this?

They giving out too much gold most likey. 

BigNaturals #30 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 21:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55118 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostMuscoe, on Jun 16 2016 - 12:35, said:

Did I mention WG is losing too much money giving out gold in tournaments?

and thats because there is to many free loaders in this game that don"t even spend REAL EARNED MONEY to buy premium, tanks etc etc etc. This will make the free loaders quit or buy gold

BigNaturals #31 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 21:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55118 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostA_FIELD_MARSHAL, on Jun 16 2016 - 12:58, said:

They giving out too much gold most likey. 

to many cheap broke players in the game that dont support it with real cash so yeah they are forcing them to buck up and pay or find another game lol, 

Naproxeno_ #32 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 21:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8451 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO

View PostCBARoughneck, on Jun 16 2016 - 20:03, said:

and thats because there is to many free loaders in this game that don"t even spend REAL EARNED MONEY to buy premium, tanks etc etc etc. This will make the free loaders quit or buy gold

Anyway... win good gold on tournaments is not easy...Skirmish pay the best gold but you need to reach alpha and win some brackets... and always there is big clans with good players like relic, chai, r7, havok, mo, mahou, g... you know the idea... for little clans is a good challenge play against you and win some gold. But you put a lot of hours for that... is not "free"

flare_phonics #33 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 21:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24033 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
[edited]that [edited].

BigNaturals #34 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 21:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55118 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
your playing a video game to earn gold thats used in game, yeah to me that is free. If it is to much of a issue and takes up a lot of time then drop $6.69 and get some gold hell of a lot of easier and cheaper than beer n smokes.  You cant tell me players cant afford $6.69 a week  heck i find that in spare change at the end of the week. me and a couple others in -G- have spent well over 14G's on this game in over 5yrs. I was doing 50.00-to 100.00 a week for close to 3yrs, this last year maybe 100.00 a month cause i dont play that much anymore

Edited by CBARoughneck, Jun 16 2016 - 21:14.

WorldConqueror #35 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 21:24

Captain

• Players
  • 28886 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View PostCBARoughneck, on Jun 16 2016 - 21:12, said:

your playing a video game to earn gold thats used in game, yeah to me that is free. If it is to much of a issue and takes up a lot of time then drop $6.69 and get some gold hell of a lot of easier and cheaper than beer n smokes.  You cant tell me players cant afford $6.69 a week  heck i find that in spare change at the end of the week. me and a couple others in -G- have spent well over 14G's on this game in over 5yrs. I was doing 50.00-to 100.00 a week for close to 3yrs, this last year maybe 100.00 a month cause i dont play that much anymore

Well kudos for your poor financial decisions. You seem to be missing that 'freeloaders' keep the servers full.

Abbathor #36 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 21:28

Captain

• Players
  • 16633 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostCBARoughneck, on Jun 16 2016 - 14:05, said:

to many cheap broke players in the game that dont support it with real cash so yeah they are forcing them to buck up and pay or find another game lol, 

What a stupid mentality.

Its a small portion of players that even participate in tournaments (I wont even call them active, because people like me exist who play solely for tournaments.) Its an even smaller portion of that already smaller portion who earn any meaningful amount of gold each week and its an even smaller portion who do it consistently. Sure they are giving out "free" gold (which costs them nothing) but its to a small potion. Then you have to consider the tiny portion of players who earn enough gold consistently probably wouldnt even spend money on the game to begin with. Take my team for example, most of us are barely active in the game and only play for tournaments. Once again most of us dont spend much on this game (thats not to say we havnt spent money on this game in the past) even if they suddenly cut off our source of gold most of the team has a huge stockpile of it (I have the lowest amount of anyone on my team and still I have a sizeable portion of gold.) All they are really doing is alienating a small portion of the player-base who may or may not even spend money on this game in the future.

They are not missing out on much money at all from the tourney regulars who consistently earn enough gold in the tournaments. The only thing accomplished is denying future revenue IE introducing stuff like the black dog. Now I will admit I have spent a few hundred on this game and the last time I bought something was half a year ago for a super P. I have been tempted to buy some of the more recent stuff (the black bulldog) however at the time I couldn't afford it, however at this point I can and if they were to reintroduce the black dog into the shop in the past two weeks I would have bought it. Though with this decision it has really only solidified my stance not to spend any money at all at this game.

I mean I have no doubt this is what they are hoping it will do, force the small portion of players that earn enough gold in tourneys to spend money on this game again. Though ultimately it will backfire, the small portion who earn enough gold already have a huge stockpile thus not needing to spend money on anything that is introduced for gold in the game, however they are driving away a portion of players that could spend money on tanks like the black dog.

This was a rambling post but I hope I got my point across.

TLDR: Ultimately cutting off gold income for a small portion of their players will do nothing but harm them in the long run.

dospala #37 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 21:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 16099 battles
  • [O-66] O-66
cw is an obligation that ends up destroying the player . instead , tournaments -one can play if you can, and gold is credited directly to your account , no go begging to the leaders of the clan. I am a player of all games online , but this caught me in a short time , as there are many options to grow fast , and these tournaments is one of them . generating desire to continue playing , and also thinking about spending money to further develop things .
It is a real shame if these tournaments are also removed . I think this measure will remove a lot of players the desire to continue playing. since it would become the typical game where the only player who dominates is the one who pays , leading to only play players who pay , in conclusion , 20% or 30 % ??
Congratulations

hiipanda #38 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 21:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52395 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

What time zone is being shafted with this? Loved weekday warfare and skirmishes because of the different time zones. Know you'll be coming home later or are on west coast, do skirmish. Eastern and want to go to bed early, do weekday.

Good thing i decided to take a vacation in July.

If this keeps up after July I'm writing a letter like these guys.

DasViking #39 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 21:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7498 battles

View Posthiipanda, on Jun 16 2016 - 21:37, said:

What time zone is being shafted with this? Loved weekday warfare and skirmishes because of the different time zones. Know you'll be coming home later or are on west coast, do skirmish. Eastern and want to go to bed early, do weekday.

Good thing i decided to take a vacation in July.

If this keeps up after July I'm writing a letter like these guys.

I second....

LordSerb #40 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 21:40

Major

• Players
  • 8736 battles
  • [WASHD] WASHD

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users