332 replies to this topic

Abbathor #61 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 23:37

Captain

• Players
  • 16633 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostGn0sis, on Jun 16 2016 - 16:32, said:

Wow.......what a terrible decision.

Stop taking away the few good things left about this game. Seriously, who comes up with this bullsh1t?

My guess is the same guy/group that came up with the brilliant idea to kill CW and clans.

This is the picture they lead off with in every meeting they have:

Spoiler

commander42 #62 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 23:40

Major

• Players
  • 26904 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View Postdance210, on Jun 16 2016 - 12:44, said:

Hi guys!

I have updated the eSports calendar for July, and want to make sure that everyone understands what's happening.

So, what's happening? Community tournaments are taking a different direction starting the last week of June and into July. There will be fewer tournaments run and they will no longer happen every day.

Why? This will allow us to focus on the tournaments that are running. Having one large tournament should allow us to better hype that tournament...and maybe do some cool things, like spotlighting the winning team in an article.

Sadly, this means that some of our favorite tournaments, like the Skirmish, Weekday Warfare and Weekend Warrior, will no longer be happening in July. Others, like the Call to Arms for clans and the 1v1 Throwdown will continue.

During July, there will be two new tournaments added, the Platournaments and the Summer Play tournament at the end of the month.

That's what's happening. Feel free to discussion our July tournaments and ask any questions here. Disagreements and constructive feedback are fine, but make sure to keep it civil.

personally I really like the 1 on 1 tournaments since they don't take all that long, you don't have to depend on others showing up, and you don't have to worry over getting a team together so I am glad those are here to stay
I also played some weekday warfares(just not recently) and thought those were very fun as well and offered a very reasonable gold distribution
the skirmishes because they start late I only played once but I know it was better for people on the west coast but these had much higher gold payouts which because of the time was harder for people on the east coast to play for due to the late time
the stand to I played once or twice but it was nice to not have to worry about the tournament taking the whole week when I only had one day that week to play

the call to arms I don't care for that much since my clan doesn't have enough people who are able to participate in it(yet)

I am interested in seeing how the 2 new tournaments turn out and hope they are overall pretty fair, I may have missed an announcement awhile ago but have the matchup-melees been scrapped as well, I haven't seen one happen in a very long time? these (much like the 1 vs 1 tournaments now) allow more people to participate that otherwise might not, but instead of being solo their was still a team element and it was multiday which means higher rewards if you were successful in it

also as for your reasoning why, is that code for we couldn't keep up with having that many tournaments i.e making sure things ran smoothly and handling any disputes? or like others have said in this thread is the real reason cause there was too much gold being given out?

if it is the first reason i think almost EVERYONE would rather that time be spent keeping them running smoothly rather then writing articles that honestly next to nobody pays attention to

if its the second reason I expect its a kneejerk reaction that will end up like changing the gold compensation when you earned a reward tank you already had to credits :much like a couple hundred gold from earning a low tier prem to some credits if you change it from a lot of participants getting a small amount gold out of it to most people only getting something like boosters(when people already have hundreds of them) it will greatly discourage participation and it would be much better to just reduce the largest lump sums(which I think used to be like 7k gold or some other gigantic amount for winning the skirmish?) by say 20% and then reduce the medium sized rewards(maybe that the rewards that range from 2k gold per person up?) by an smaller number, since the gold rewards were heavily skewed towards the high side most times you could give out much less gold with it only affecting the people who got the very top places so you keep everyone satisfied)

despero #63 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 23:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 70264 battles
  • [MEX] MEX

Terribly dumb decision.. I will not be buying any more premium time once my 6 months run out. 

WG reasoning:

-"Hey! we are having 5% less revenue because of that 1% of the server population that wins gold in tournaments is not getting its gold fix with cash anymore!!"

-"IDEA: Let's get rid of popular tournaments to force that 1% to buy gold again"

Loses 20% of userbase..

GG wargaming..GG

commander42 #64 Posted Jun 16 2016 - 23:45

Major

• Players
  • 26904 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostiCanon, on Jun 16 2016 - 17:13, said:

How else did you think this was going to go down? Did you think people would actually be excited about this?

if you read the post where they announced they would stop gold compensation for tanks you already had it started off by saying "good news" when obviously they knew it wasn't going to be, and if they still had negs it would be the most negged comment ever on the forum, this time they didn't bother to add that part in at least

Clonazepam_ #65 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 00:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 22842 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO
I think this is a really bad decision.
wg never think in the players

Edited by Raiboxx, Jun 17 2016 - 00:10.

dospala #66 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 00:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 16077 battles
  • [O-66] O-66
3.....2......1 ....for massive uninstalls

teorack #67 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 00:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 33019 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO

really? skirmishs, stand, and others... are good motivation for playing, the competition are a great incentive for the regular players and for entry of new players

new players=MONEY

RektUrTonk #68 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 00:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 4955 battles

Guess WG really wants this game to die quickly over here on the NA servers

digitaljustice #69 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 00:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23902 battles
  • [PROPC] PROPC

The Weekend Warrior Tournaments are my favorite because there is only 2 minutes between each battle, not the anywhere from 4-10 minutes between the other types of tournaments.

Not sure why you would make less of anything that makes more people play your online video game.   :(

xDroppinPlates #70 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 00:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29066 battles
RIP WGNA

GregL385 #71 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 00:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 3047 battles

Congratulations...you got yourself caught...now whats the next step in your master plan?

CRASHING THIS GAME....WITH NO PLAYERS!

crackjac #72 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 00:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13378 battles
When wargaming wonders why this game is dying, they should look back and realize they were the [edited]hangman of it.  Killing all the good tournaments like skirmishes.  But good thing we still have the AMAZING 1v1s, who would ever want those gone /s.  Is the fake in game money with 0 financial impact to the company really that much to give?

GregL385 #73 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 00:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 3047 battles

View Postcrackjac, on Jun 17 2016 - 00:34, said:

When wargaming wonders why this game is dying, they should look back and realize they were the [edited]hangman of it.  Killing all the good tournaments like skirmishes.  But good thing we still have the AMAZING 1v1s, who would ever want those gone /s.  Is the fake in game money with 0 financial impact to the company really that much to give?

yes. ignore the fact that this game posts ridiculous profit margins...

if wargaming would return all of my money ive spent on them in the last 6 months I will take it and run. 

Naproxeno_ #74 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 00:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8403 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO

View PostRektUrTonk, on Jun 16 2016 - 23:18, said:

Guess WG really wants this game to die quickly over here on the NA servers

impossible to say better

lbgsloan #75 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 00:44

Major

• Players
  • 21116 battles

This is gigantic mistake.  Reduce the number of smaller tournaments if it's too much work to organize, but killing them kills many people's incentive to play at this point.  For people who can't get into a top clan for Clan League or major clan tournaments, these weekly tournaments were the ONLY source of decent competitive play in a sea of increasingly awful quality pub matches.  I can live with less gold, but this kills a large incentive I had to continue playing.  Pubs are godawful, many people here can't stand them.  Even if the RU offices came to their senses and completely removed arty, it doesn't fix the endless red seas of players who won't know what the W key is, nevermind teamwork and tactics.

If the NA staff have any sense in their head at this point, you will bring back at least some of the small tournaments after July.

ionlyfuggsmuganimegirls #76 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 00:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 9017 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

View PostGregL385, on Jun 16 2016 - 17:30, said:

Congratulations...you got yourself caught...now whats the next step in your master plan?

CRASHING THIS GAME....WITH NO PLAYERS!

calm down greg

Otoya_Yamaguchi #77 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 01:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 13162 battles
  • [ABIRD] ABIRD

Funny thing is, despite the terrible reception to the idea (at least in this thread), it's gonna happen anyway because who the hell cares about what the players think (^:

Might as well just give NA the axe, Skirms were literally the only reason some people were still logging on everyday.

If the gold handout is hurting you, nerf it a bit, no need to throw everything into the trash.

By the way: Cutting off the gold source won't make the people suddenly pay for it. They're more likely to stop playing, unless you're happy with 4k players online or less.

Edited by Khalron, Jun 17 2016 - 01:11.

zippy_the_cat #78 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 01:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 30566 battles
  • [HAFR] HAFR
Horrible decision for all the reasons already explained. I'm my clan's XO and think this could melt our roster. Personally, you'll never see me in a 3v3 tourney because I hate that format, it's way too much RNG.

Z0NED_ #79 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 01:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26162 battles
  • [WASHD] WASHD

View PostMuscoe, on Jun 16 2016 - 19:34, said:

WG is losing money giving out too much gold, I think its funny but Im just really here to see the salt. :)

How can wargming be "losing money by giving out too much gold" when it's numbers on a server. It costs them absolutely nothing to give out gold because most of the people who earned it wouldn't buy it in the first place.

Wargaming is effectively killing off one of the last few good reasons to play this game. This, along with the direction things are headed on the sandbox server, will be the death of the NA server entirely.

Edited by JayStark02, Jun 17 2016 - 14:29.

8_T_1 #80 Posted Jun 17 2016 - 01:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12278 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

I thoroughly enjoyed tournaments.

Now that WG has taken ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM away makes me quite frustrated.

Why did all of them have to go? What is this logic, "not enough people play every individual one, so we must get rid of them all!"

I am not happy about this decision. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users