clans for new players

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

cheapbooks #1 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 05:24

Captain

• Players
  • 39064 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

one of the problems with clans is that it is difficult to keep players, simply because many people do not play very often. they join, play for a few weeks, and then stop playing. so you can have a clan with 100 members with only 5 people logged in at a given time.

I would like to propose some clan changes:

1. a new type of junior clan, designed for casual players that do not play in clan wars

2. more members. we need 1,000 members to have enough people online to play a team battle, tank company, team training, platooning, etc.

3. automatically assign people to clans when they join the game. if they don't like it they can leave. have a setting to let clans auto-accept new players, or have new players auto assigned. it is difficult to find people, and for every new person I add, another person leaves, so it is too difficult to grow.

4. allow more than 1 clan to share the same chat room, without having the members have to search for the chat room, and without the chat room expiring. just make it easy. I have 3 clans and they would work better if all 3 shared the same chat room.

this will keep more people in the game, help people learn to play, make it more social and fun. 

OdaZONE #2 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 05:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23323 battles
Every clan deals with Losing members and players inactive. To say you need 1,000 members where only 7-15 will get to play in a Clan war is Stupid. If its just to be social then you cant expect so many people to just be typing in one chat or even if you have many chats combined. Its just a bad idea, all of it.

Miami3 #3 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 05:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13007 battles

View Postcheapbooks, on Jun 17 2016 - 23:24, said:

one of the problems with clans is that it is difficult to keep players, simply because many people do not play very often. they join, play for a few weeks, and then stop playing. so you can have a clan with 100 members with only 5 people logged in at a given time.

I would like to propose some clan changes:

1. a new type of junior clan, designed for casual players that do not play in clan wars

2. more members. we need 1,000 members to have enough people online to play a team battle, tank company, team training, platooning, etc.

3. automatically assign people to clans when they join the game. if they don't like it they can leave. have a setting to let clans auto-accept new players, or have new players auto assigned. it is difficult to find people, and for every new person I add, another person leaves, so it is too difficult to grow.

4. allow more than 1 clan to share the same chat room, without having the members have to search for the chat room, and without the chat room expiring. just make it easy. I have 3 clans and they would work better if all 3 shared the same chat room.

this will keep more people in the game, help people learn to play, make it more social and fun. 

1. I like your first idea, it helps separate the clans based on type.

2. Second idea, I don't like because for some clans achieving 100 players is hard enough. By boosting it to 1k members it seems like a goal that won't be reached by most clans EVER...the only clans that would benefit are allied/sister clans that merge. Which in turn could result in an OP clan that will destroy the global map.

3. Third idea, I also don't like. You don't want to deal with inactive players joined, getting spammed with new members, players not meaning requirements. Terrible, just terrible all around.

4. I like this idea simply because you would be able to talk to allied/sister clans with better communication. Teamspeak 3 is probably still gonna be better though.

angelreaper #4 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 06:04

Major

• Players
  • 24083 battles

Let me take the good points of your post and expand on them.  The rest of the suggestion however are not good and will cause more harm then good.

1)Way to identify clans as casual, training, competitive 

2)A more Official way to identify clans that are a part of an alliance.

3)A way to identify certain clans as "allies" and have an automatic shared channel.

Shadowy_Ninja #5 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 06:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12390 battles
Try to get better, then more people will want to join your clan. 

Yuri_Doujinshi #6 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 09:04

Major

• Players
  • 23056 battles
  • [Y0UJ0] Y0UJ0

1. Why is this necessary?

2. No, you really don't. Just kick the inactive people and recruit new ones.

3. If the only way your clan will grow is by forcing new players to join it, you might want to consider disbanding.

4. This isn't a bad idea. If anything, make an ability for clans to be designated "sub-clans" of another clan (with approval of both clan's leaders, of course).

KILLER_TAWmato2 #7 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 20:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26463 battles
Come hang out on RDDT team speak. We have at least 9 clans that are full of different skill levels and clan wars or not. If you are good/very good you will be noticed and if you are bad/so-so you can 'toon with the rest of us 46%-49% social players- with 9 or 10 clans we are close to the 1000 player mark you spoke of and the ages run from tweens to 63 is oldest I have tooned with. I am trying to find a tutor...results will be REWARDED. I play everyday 2000-0100 PST (Seattle)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users