New Buffed Tanks should get Emergency re-reviews

Premium Shop Premium Vehicles Reviews

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Duma959 #1 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 13:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 77 battles
With wargaming buffing and rebalancing a number of its premium vehicles, something is missing: emergency re-reviews.  

It seems a silly sort of oversight on wargaming's part. They're out to sell vehicles that now have new characteristics but some of them, like the Kanonenjagdpanzer, have godawful reputations. The first first time the KJP was reviewed, Quickybaby said it was fine (but Quickybaby, mister 35k games could win a tier X match in a Matilda). Jingles's verdict was, "You might spend your money on this, but I wouldn't" and Aging Jedi liked it at as a rapidly repositioning sniper TD that he thought he might actually buy for himself sometime. 

That was the (non-) consensus on the thing, half a year ago. Since then, the last I heard of it was that it was another of those "not-quite-inspired" tanks like the M4 improved (which you can buff any time you like, Wargaming). Now, Wargaming has definitely showed the KJP some love on paper, throwing in a full 26 extra MM of standard shell penetration, dropping its aiming time by ten percent (2 secs. to 1.8 secs.) and speeding up the shell velocity of its standard rounds by a whopping 28% (Leading? Leading is for plebs!).

On Paper, the KJP's buffs look very nice but without any actual game play involving the new and improved features, I'm afraid to get burned and I don't think I'm the only one. 

How about it Wargaming? How about getting some people to show the world what it can do before asking anyone to blow a week's groceries on it?

Edited by Duma959, Jun 18 2016 - 13:54.

Huey_Long #2 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 13:51

Major

• Players
  • 24620 battles
No. Go back to EU. 

Cav_Tanker_3_4_Cav #3 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 14:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36267 battles
  • [SAMDG] SAMDG
Since none of the people's reviews you listed work for WG why should WG review tanks that they never reviewed in the first place? Now, if you wanted to respectfully suggest that Jingles, QB, SirFoch, Captain Canada et. al. might want to remove tank reviews from say two years ago so that new players don't think that the Hellcat is still a good tank then yeah, I can get on board with that. As far as premium tanks go if I was WG I would give every player one free 24 hour pass on any new premium tank they released to be used at any time. That way you don't have to try and judge KPJ when there are 8 of them on the battlefield in games when it first got released. I don't think WG will do this because it would actually hurt their sales because no one would have ever bought tanks like the KJP or theM4 Improved.

CheekiBreeki_ #4 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 14:16

Major

• Banned
  • 46955 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Jingles and QB, they both suck as youtubers and players

xrays_ #5 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 14:24

Major

• Players
  • 52888 battles

View PostDuma959, on Jun 18 2016 - 07:47, said:

...but Quickybaby, mister 35k games could win a tier X match in a Matilda...

Replay, or it never happened.

x.

Mercer_Keel #6 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 14:30

Major

• Players
  • 39515 battles
  • [LTD] LTD

View PostDuma959, on Jun 18 2016 - 04:47, said:

(but Quickybaby, mister 35k games could win a tier X match in a Matilda)

pepe_trueno #7 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 15:12

Major

• Players
  • 41596 battles

View Postxrays_, on Jun 18 2016 - 14:24, said:

x.

how dare you question QB powers!

Duma959 #8 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 17:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 77 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Jun 18 2016 - 13:51, said:

No. Go back to EU. 

You extrapolated my European origin by my unaccustomed ability to write and punctuate English?

Now, which is my native language. :D

Edited by Duma959, Jun 18 2016 - 17:28.

Duma959 #9 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 17:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 77 battles

View PostCav_Tanker_3_4_Cav, on Jun 18 2016 - 14:13, said:

Since none of the people's reviews you listed work for WG why should WG review tanks that they never reviewed in the first place? Now, if you wanted to respectfully suggest that Jingles, QB, SirFoch, Captain Canada et. al. might want to remove tank reviews from say two years ago so that new players don't think that the Hellcat is still a good tank then yeah, I can get on board with that. As far as premium tanks go if I was WG I would give every player one free 24 hour pass on any new premium tank they released to be used at any time. That way you don't have to try and judge KPJ when there are 8 of them on the battlefield in games when it first got released. I don't think WG will do this because it would actually hurt their sales because no one would have ever bought tanks like the KJP or theM4 Improved.

You're so remarkably negative. 

You say they don't work for wargaming but that doesn't matter does it? They have influence. They have an audience. They get to play new tanks on test accounts. A review from any of them carries weight. 

You might have a point when it comes to the KJP and the M4 IMP, but I wonder about that. I get the feeling that a lot of things are more playable than I think they are. Glass-cannon TDs aren't an auto-lose button are they? As far as the M4 Imp is improved is concerned, it's got a rotten gun but one that's interesting. I like its armor. I just wish it was easier to play. 

Duma959 #10 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 17:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 77 battles

View Postxrays_, on Jun 18 2016 - 14:24, said:

x.

LOL.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Duma959 #11 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 17:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 77 battles

View PostCheekiBreeki_, on Jun 18 2016 - 14:16, said:

Jingles and QB, they both suck as youtubers and players

Okay. Well, what can I say? 

I know I wouldn't want a one-on-one deathmatch against anyone with thirty-thousand-odd games under his belt. 

As far as the sucking is concerned, I've gone through a lot of QB and TMJ videos and I can tell you why I find them brilliant YouTubers. 

QB started out sounding very wooden and reserved, but he upped his game over time. His performances definitely display an aspect of performance or "game face" that seems artificial ("oh my days!" ) but it is one that generally works. Also, it would appear that WG values his and jingle's opinion enough to be filmed consulting with them about what they should do to improve the game. As a paraphrase of Gertrude Stein would have it, "There's a there, there." Also, he turned WG into his day job, got married to a woman he met through his channel, and obtained a PhD in whatever it is he has a PhD in while playing WOT.

I don't know. Call me crazy. I can't help feeling that he must be doing something right. 

For his part, Jingle's work is complex, interesting and erudite—not necessarily in the game per se, but in the sense of a generalized and pleasant geekishness and curiosity that pushes his rage-posts into the background and makes you want more. I especially like the videos were he admits he isn't the world's greatest player but can still find it in himself to admire others who do things he can recognize but not do in his own play, and the Mingles with Jingles episode where he relates the history of the battle of Midway is just brilliant. He could have charged admission for that one and I would have paid it. 

So, world champion, tell me about your channel. 

Edited by Duma959, Jun 18 2016 - 17:47.

Also tagged with Premium Shop, Premium Vehicles, Reviews

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users