Wouldn't it be Nice if we Could Choose from a Variety of Tanks for the Campaigns?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

x2_Weekends #1 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 17:58

Captain

• Players
  • 28712 battles

Instead of just the Stug IV, the T28 HTC, the T-55 and the Obj 260, if we could choose for others like the M4 Improved, Pz III K, the T23E3, the IS-5, the M-60, etc.

For those of us who don't play Clam Wars but enjoy the game, it would give us something to focus on and work towards with a sense of accomplishment at the end.  It would also entice the Collector Players and keep them playing as well.  

Not that it's going to happen, but one can dream.  

Satchel_Charge #2 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 18:02

Captain

• Players
  • 3246 battles

Those tanks are potentially huge cash cows.

Keep hoping tho'.

Mudman24 #3 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 36582 battles
Why do so many people have a problem with exclusive tanks for clan wars competition? Why do so many think they should be entitled to everything others have to jump through the hoops for? Why do people think they are "collectors" because they buy pixel tanks that will all go away when the game dies?

Satchel_Charge #4 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 18:03

Captain

• Players
  • 3246 battles

Mud, I thinks it's early and he is just musing.

But yeah, I stopped collecting long ago.

And some tanks I'll never own because I didn't put in the work to get them.

Mudman24 #5 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 18:09

Major

• Players
  • 36582 battles

View PostSatchel_Charge, on Jun 18 2016 - 11:03, said:

Mud, I thinks it's early and he is just musing.

But yeah, I stopped collecting long ago.

And some tanks I'll never own because I didn't put in the work to get them.

This just gets me a little worked up.  I am not at the skill level of say a top 5 clan who just gets these CW tanks with minimal effort.  I've got the 907 and the M60 and both of them took an enormous amount of time and commitment to get, more than they are worth.  So when I hear people say everyone should have access to them, I wish they knew how hard many people had to work to get them.

nuclearguy931 #6 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 18:10

Major

• Players
  • 82535 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostMudman24, on Jun 18 2016 - 13:02, said:

Why do so many people have a problem with exclusive tanks for clan wars competition? Why do so many think they should be entitled to everything others have to jump through the hoops for? Why do people think they are "collectors" because they buy pixel tanks that will all go away when the game dies?

huh, like your stats?

Each player plays the game for his or her own reasons. What the OP has suggested is actually a good idea. Having a variety to choose from would actually increase interest in the personal missions.

Mudman24 #7 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 18:15

Major

• Players
  • 36582 battles

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jun 18 2016 - 11:10, said:

Each player plays the game for his or her own reasons. What the OP has suggested is actually a good idea. Having a variety to choose from would actually increase interest in the personal missions.

And removing the exclusive nature of CW reward tanks would actually decrease the interest in competitive play, if that is actually possible to do at this point. 

Have no idea what you are referring to with stats.

Satchel_Charge #8 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 18:17

Captain

• Players
  • 3246 battles

Nuclear this isn't about Stats at all.

It's about how hard people had to work to get them.

I had a few buddies earn them.

They became so burnt out on WoT that one of them got the tank and stopped playing for three months.

WORK is the key word here.

But it's Saturday. Let's start today without a flame war.

nuclearguy931 #9 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 18:21

Major

• Players
  • 82535 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostMudman24, on Jun 18 2016 - 13:15, said:

And removing the exclusive nature of CW reward tanks would actually decrease the interest in competitive play, if that is actually possible to do at this point.

Have no idea what you are referring to with stats.

You said collector tanks go away when the game does, I also said stats do as well. When the game ends, all is gone.

If they want to keep interest strong in the game adding those tanks to the personal missions wouldn't hurt in the least. Sure they were campaign reward tanks but we all know how the campaigns were rigged by the bigger clans to ensure that the average clans didn't receive them. Not one campaign that Wargaming has run has been played fairly.

Meows_really_heckin #10 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 18:44

Captain

• Players
  • 30638 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jun 18 2016 - 09:21, said:

You said collector tanks go away when the game does, I also said stats do as well. When the game ends, all is gone.

If they want to keep interest strong in the game adding those tanks to the personal missions wouldn't hurt in the least. Sure they were campaign reward tanks but we all know how the campaigns were rigged by the bigger clans to ensure that the average clans didn't receive them. Not one campaign that Wargaming has run has been played fairly.

Rigging is exactly why 404 got the tank Kappa. Also has it crossed your mind that maybe the bigger clans are winning cause they are good?. If you really believe this take a look at PBKAC or  G4ME's performance in the last campaign. PBKAC was a clan of greens with some purple here and there and were able to get a strong 11th which netted everyone who wanted the reward the tank. G4ME was able to win a yak for a majority of their members with only 35 or so members because They worked for it. 

Satchel_Charge #11 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 18:44

Captain

• Players
  • 3246 battles
Too much salt here for the AM..... ~fin~

x2_Weekends #12 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 21:07

Captain

• Players
  • 28712 battles

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jun 18 2016 - 12:10, said:

^ This

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jun 18 2016 - 12:21, said:

^ And this is my point.

NOT how "hard" you worked to earn a pixel tonk that no one cares how "hard" you worked to get.  At your eulogy they're not going to end it with "...And he earned the M60, the VK72.01, the Obj 907 and the IS-5 tanks in World of Tanks through long nights and weeks of being obedient to a barking battle caller" to a standing ovation.  

Is grinding public Battles where, in reality where it's HARDER if you ask me because it's 29 v 1,you have to work your [edited]off to earn a Campaign Tank not work? Clam Wars where it's you and your buddies who are all around the same skill level beating up on a lesser Clam is more work?  Yeah, I said it: earning a tank via Campaigns in Public Battles is a whole hell of a lot harder than your stupid Clam Wars organized play.  

Now we have "Work Elitists" on the boards?!? Jesus H. Christ!  Is there NOTHING you don't complain about that others should not be allowed to do?  I offer an idea to increase interest in the game and interest in the Personal Missions, and all you can do is stick your nose in the air and act like an a**hole.  

What about air?  Just because I'm not in your precious elite Clam, am I allowed to breathe air?  Are you a f*cking air elitists too Mudman?

Edit: Oh, and working to earn a tank via Personal Missions in the Campaign isn't entitlement.  You elitists keep using that word, but I don't think you know what that word means.  If anything it's you the elitists who feel you're entitled to some kind of exclusivity in your interweb games and don't want others to have the same things you have.  I never mentioned the word entitlement or feeling entitled on anything.  A**hole.  

Edited by x2_Weekends, Jun 18 2016 - 21:20.

Mudman24 #13 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 00:57

Major

• Players
  • 36582 battles

View Postx2_Weekends, on Jun 18 2016 - 14:07, said:

^ This

^ And this is my point.

NOT how "hard" you worked to earn a pixel tonk that no one cares how "hard" you worked to get.  At your eulogy they're not going to end it with "...And he earned the M60, the VK72.01, the Obj 907 and the IS-5 tanks in World of Tanks through long nights and weeks of being obedient to a barking battle caller" to a standing ovation.  

Is grinding public Battles where, in reality where it's HARDER if you ask me because it's 29 v 1,you have to work your [edited]off to earn a Campaign Tank not work? Clam Wars where it's you and your buddies who are all around the same skill level beating up on a lesser Clam is more work?  Yeah, I said it: earning a tank via Campaigns in Public Battles is a whole hell of a lot harder than your stupid Clam Wars organized play.  

Now we have "Work Elitists" on the boards?!? Jesus H. Christ!  Is there NOTHING you don't complain about that others should not be allowed to do?  I offer an idea to increase interest in the game and interest in the Personal Missions, and all you can do is stick your nose in the air and act like an a**hole.  

What about air?  Just because I'm not in your precious elite Clam, am I allowed to breathe air?  Are you a f*cking air elitists too Mudman?

Edit: Oh, and working to earn a tank via Personal Missions in the Campaign isn't entitlement.  You elitists keep using that word, but I don't think you know what that word means.  If anything it's you the elitists who feel you're entitled to some kind of exclusivity in your interweb games and don't want others to have the same things you have.  I never mentioned the word entitlement or feeling entitled on anything.  A**hole.  

Wow, you sound mad.  I'm going to think about how to respond to all of this while I play my M60. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users