Jump to content


Bring back sout coast.

sout coast bring back game

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

DomDomDom #1 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 20:04

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 64544 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    10-08-2011
Please bring back South Coast, i don't understand why it was removed.

alexanderme #2 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 20:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 23208 battles
  • 3,207
  • [SGGC] SGGC
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013
No it was an awful map.

WulfeHound #3 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 20:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 12919 battles
  • 26,179
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011

Why would you want a campfest like this back?



blackfalconjc #4 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 20:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 7639 battles
  • 1,996
  • [GTO] GTO
  • Member since:
    06-14-2014
Because 22 TOG's meeting on the beach for a TOG fest was absolutely fantastic! Got a mastery badge farming all that HP in my TOG during one of the Operation TOG-drops (Rita was in that match, no less!) Good times! Hated the map aside from that...

4MINUTE #5 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 20:30

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17811 battles
  • 524
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

was good for tanks with gun depression and lights and the camping tds murdered everything they could so it looks like most of the maps they have left us with.

so how is it really any different.:popcorn:



HomerTheGreat #6 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 20:54

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14607 battles
  • 374
  • Member since:
    02-02-2011
I never had a issues with the map.   It's much better than the crappy maps that are still in the game since the beginning like Malinovka,  and Sand River (quite possibly the worst map in the game imo).   South Coast, Northwest, Hidden Village and Port should be brought back IMO.   If they need balancing changes then do it but I rather have these 4 maps back and get rid of Malinovka and Sand River.   I also hate Cliff as well because of that stupid mountain.   If one team can gain claim to that mountain, they are most likely going to win.   That mountain is too crucial IMO.

saru_richard #7 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 20:58

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 27000 battles
  • 2,239
  • [SUX] SUX
  • Member since:
    08-19-2015
oh god no

alexanderme #8 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 21:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 23208 battles
  • 3,207
  • [SGGC] SGGC
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

View PostHomerTheGreat, on Jun 18 2016 - 14:54, said:

I never had a issues with the map.   It's much better than the crappy maps that are still in the game since the beginning like Malinovka,  and Sand River (quite possibly the worst map in the game imo).   South Coast, Northwest, Hidden Village and Port should be brought back IMO.   If they need balancing changes then do it but I rather have these 4 maps back and get rid of Malinovka and Sand River.   I also hate Cliff as well because of that stupid mountain.   If one team can gain claim to that mountain, they are most likely going to win.   That mountain is too crucial IMO.

 

In what way is sand river the worst map in the game, I'd say it rates as one of the better ones despite the lack of bushes since you can use view range, gun depression, brawl, etc there is a thing for pretty much every tank to do there.
South coast is 100% camp, northwest was ok, hidden village was pretty bad because it was tiny and way too corridored, port was okish. 

But I kinda question how you play if sand river is your least favorite map and you like south coast >.>

Thijs79 #9 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 21:37

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 56060 battles
  • 707
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH
  • Member since:
    05-26-2013
Still missing port everytime i click battle!!

HomerTheGreat #10 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 22:00

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14607 battles
  • 374
  • Member since:
    02-02-2011

View Postalexanderme, on Jun 18 2016 - 21:11, said:

 

In what way is sand river the worst map in the game, I'd say it rates as one of the better ones despite the lack of bushes since you can use view range, gun depression, brawl, etc there is a thing for pretty much every tank to do there.
South coast is 100% camp, northwest was ok, hidden village was pretty bad because it was tiny and way too corridored, port was okish. 

But I kinda question how you play if sand river is your least favorite map and you like south coast >.>

 

There's too many up and down dips in the terrain making it awful for heavy tanks and tank destroyers for my liking which made them awfully slow.   Most of the terrain is un peakable due to the sloped sand or sand banks.   You try to go over the sand, be prepared to be tracked with your gun in the air and die.   If that wasn't enough, if you don't and try to push, arty will get you.   Also, there's just too much open space making it arty heaven if there is 3+ arties on a team.   If you wanna snipe, you gotta sit on top of a sand bank which leave you open.   If you start at the west side of the map, you have a big advantage over the tanks coming down the F line.  The map is a eye sore, lack of cover, terrain resistance is awful.   It is IMO the worst map in the game.   How can anyone like Sand River is beyond me.

DUKE_AUTY #11 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 23:19

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39615 battles
  • 1,787
  • Member since:
    07-11-2012

View PostHomerTheGreat, on Jun 19 2016 - 13:00, said:

 

There's too many up and down dips in the terrain making it awful for heavy tanks and tank destroyers for my liking which made them awfully slow.   Most of the terrain is un peakable due to the sloped sand or sand banks.   You try to go over the sand, be prepared to be tracked with your gun in the air and die.   If that wasn't enough, if you don't and try to push, arty will get you.   Also, there's just too much open space making it arty heaven if there is 3+ arties on a team.   If you wanna snipe, you gotta sit on top of a sand bank which leave you open.   If you start at the west side of the map, you have a big advantage over the tanks coming down the F line.  The map is a eye sore, lack of cover, terrain resistance is awful.   It is IMO the worst map in the game.   How can anyone like Sand River is beyond me.

 

Believe it or not; some of us drive MTs and LTs and like this map just as it is.

 

There are a few city maps that IMO are total crap.

 

How anyone can enjoy city maps is beyond me.



alexanderme #12 Posted Jun 20 2016 - 04:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 23208 battles
  • 3,207
  • [SGGC] SGGC
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

View PostHomerTheGreat, on Jun 19 2016 - 16:00, said:

 

There's too many up and down dips in the terrain making it awful for heavy tanks and tank destroyers for my liking which made them awfully slow.   Most of the terrain is un peakable due to the sloped sand or sand banks.   You try to go over the sand, be prepared to be tracked with your gun in the air and die.   If that wasn't enough, if you don't and try to push, arty will get you.   Also, there's just too much open space making it arty heaven if there is 3+ arties on a team.   If you wanna snipe, you gotta sit on top of a sand bank which leave you open.   If you start at the west side of the map, you have a big advantage over the tanks coming down the F line.  The map is a eye sore, lack of cover, terrain resistance is awful.   It is IMO the worst map in the game.   How can anyone like Sand River is beyond me.

 

Mediums and heavies can fairly easily brawl in the north mountain or the middle ditch, and tds/hulldown tanks can do their thing in the south. I'm sorry there is one map in the entire game that has some places where heavies can't just blunder in and kill everything.

lunardracos #13 Posted Jun 20 2016 - 16:07

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 25949 battles
  • 89
  • [DTC] DTC
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
i might get flamed for this but in my opinion they should update and bring back all the old maps as they were..Remember the 10 minute trek from one side to the other of El Halluf no kv wanted to try the climb because of the grade of the hills.. or the fast cap of  Komarin (the original map) with the cap circle between the spawn points..... some of these maps had even gone into drought mode.. where the water levels in the rivers and lakes lowered over time.. like in the komarin 2.0 ...... wot we want more maps.. bring us more maps.. freak the kiddies with what we had to put up with back in the 2011-2014 ....... with the new physics and the oh what i can fall off a cliff and drown?? those maps would be really interesting to play...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users