Best tank money can buy game or free to play. Which is it?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Engage_Donuts #1 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 21:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 77294 battles

OK WG you are buffing premium tanks and offering tanks like the Cromwell B (as good as the worked for Cromwell, make more credits and gives more crew XP).

I have no problem with you folks making money and I drop a lot of coin on this game myself but you should really stay with the free to play concept.

Gold tanks making extra credits and crew XP should be enough. Keep them fairly crappy like the tier 8 Czech medium. :hiding:

Just for fun I am going to post a old note I posted to a tanker [edited]about the E25 here on the forums.

Nerf! You can't handle the nerf.
Son, we live in a world that has computers, and those computers have to be guarded by men with tanks. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Phantom,? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the OP E-25, and you curse the WOTs that made it. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That an E-25 nerf, while tragic, probably saves tomatoes. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want an E-25 in your garage, you need an E-25 in your garage. We use words like snip, camo, stat padding. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending stats. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of pub match victorys that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a E-25, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Ps: still waiting for the chance to log onto other servers around the world.

Pss: still waiting for the old good clan wars system to return.

Psss: maybe instead of tiers 10, 8, &6 land you use a point system 150, 120 &90 up to 15 tanks for all battles. That would surely make for more interesting teams.

desmaraisp #2 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 21:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31693 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD
Theorically the bromwell is slighly worse than the cromwell but its premium status makes it as good

Unknown0ne #3 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 22:00

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 29162 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

There was a time when WG made premium tanks with better matchmaking (only saw +1 at most), and so it made sense for those tanks to be worse because they didn't have to be as good as the normal tanks that had to fight +2. The Cromwell B and the other premiums without this better matchmaking are, and have generally always been, about on par with fully upgraded tanks of the same tier.

Further, I'm not sure I follow the problem with having an effectively equal premium tank that has better out-of-battle stats (credit and xp income)? Pay to win, which I guess is what you're referring to, implies you can pay money to have an advantage in battle. Being able to buy a premium tank that is equivalent to a normal tank in combat offers no actual advantage. Further, it can be noted there's really no difference from a player buying a premium tank or using free XP to get the equivalent in-game tank, sans the time investment required to grind XP to convert.

__Great_shot #4 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 22:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20980 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-
I will wait for incoming rebalance, it seems there will be some changes in armor and penetration and severe mobility nerfs to lots of tanks... I hope. 

Termitey #5 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 22:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 91047 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

Best tank and most exp and credits is

THE ONE you actually like to play , because you will play it well

Which means you will win more

If you arnt buying a tank then suggest a tier 4-7

Or do a ontrack and get the free preuim tank from it

Harkonen_siegetank #6 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 22:45

Major

• Players
  • 28060 battles
  • [_LOL_] _LOL_

View Postdesmaraisp, on Jun 18 2016 - 15:41, said:

Theorically the bromwell is slighly worse than the cromwell but its premium status makes it as good

Theorically? There's nothing to theorize about, the tank is out and about. Bromwell is better than Crommy because it generates credits and exp better. Other stats are pretty much equal to each other.

desmaraisp #7 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 23:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31693 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View PostHarkonen_siegetank, on Jun 18 2016 - 15:45, said:

Theorically? There's nothing to theorize about, the tank is out and about. Bromwell is better than Crommy because it generates credits and exp better. Other stats are pretty much equal to each other.

Worse rotation speed but cred printing 

Engage_Donuts #8 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 23:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 77294 battles

View PostUnknown0ne, on Jun 18 2016 - 16:00, said:

There was a time when WG made premium tanks with better matchmaking (only saw +1 at most), and so it made sense for those tanks to be worse because they didn't have to be as good as the normal tanks that had to fight +2. The Cromwell B and the other premiums without this better matchmaking are, and have generally always been, about on par with fully upgraded tanks of the same tier.

Further, I'm not sure I follow the problem with having an effectively equal premium tank that has better out-of-battle stats (credit and xp income)? Pay to win, which I guess is what you're referring to, implies you can pay money to have an advantage in battle. Being able to buy a premium tank that is equivalent to a normal tank in combat offers no actual advantage. Further, it can be noted there's really no difference from a player buying a premium tank or using free XP to get the equivalent in-game tank, sans the time investment required to grind XP to convert.

Granted but if you are in a 2 tier higher battle tanks like the Bromwell can better afford to run premium shell while the Cromwell folks lost credits doing the same.

Harkonen_siegetank #9 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 20:53

Major

• Players
  • 28060 battles
  • [_LOL_] _LOL_

View Postdesmaraisp, on Jun 18 2016 - 17:11, said:

Worse rotation speed but cred printing 

Lol? Worse rotation speed? You better recheck your sources because both tanks.gg and wot wiki listed Bromwell track traverse as 50 deg/s vs cromwell's 36 deg/s. Yes it is offset by ground resistance BUT that's why I mentioned "other stats are equal to each other".

desmaraisp #10 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 21:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31693 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View PostHarkonen_siegetank, on Jun 19 2016 - 13:53, said:

Lol? Worse rotation speed? You better recheck your sources because both tanks.gg and wot wiki listed Bromwell track traverse as 50 deg/s vs cromwell's 36 deg/s. Yes it is offset by ground resistance BUT that's why I mentioned "other stats are equal to each other".

You forgot the absence of stock engine

Engage_Donuts #11 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 23:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 77294 battles

I posted this on the feedback and suggestions forum.

Does WG ever reply with some facts, thoughts or tid bits? :popcorn:

They did edit my post. :facepalm:

KILLER_TAWmato2 #12 Posted Jun 20 2016 - 12:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26463 battles
you know, all the cool tanks go to the skilled and broke tankers that brag about never spending a dime in a game that I pour money into ($2k plus in 20 months) yet cry when I spam gold or get lucky enough to get a good tank from the gift shop. WG allowed (if it was not allowed then most should be gone) cheating to get one of the best tanks ever (22 something) but puts mostly junk in gift shop

Engage_Donuts #13 Posted Jun 20 2016 - 15:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 77294 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jun 20 2016 - 06:58, said:

It's a free to play.  The pay to win aspect vanished when gold became a silver round. 

I love and hate the premium rounds. I always carry some and when I am stuck down a couple tiers in a battle I pull them out.

If I could get a couple thumbs up on my Psss... maybe WG would consider doing something more than I ask for. :confused:

Edited by Engage, Jun 20 2016 - 22:24.

Engage_Donuts #14 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 15:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 77294 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jun 20 2016 - 06:58, said:

It's a free to play.  The pay to win aspect vanished when gold became a silver round. 

They just started selling silver. 

How about Gold Tanks can't load gold shells.  Well this sounded good when the thought came to me. :amazed:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users