Tanks side climb angles Unpleasant experience

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Boomslanger #1 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 23:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27714 battles
  • [A_O_D] A_O_D

Even a minor uneveness like the begining of a sidewalk, a hill, a rock make tanks roll-over to their side and look idiotic and helpless. You cannot leave the battle 'cause you are not dead yet and, off-course your team mates are busy and cannot help. So you lie there, on your side, able to use your gun and hoping that some red tries to come in front of you because you cannot aim your gun, looking like a stupid flipping and your tracks turning as you struggle to somehow get your tank upright. Hoping that some red dude drives by and puts you out of your misery so that you can move on to a new tank/game. Flipping on your side does not give you the 10 seconds(or whatever " time) to "get yourself going or die". You just have to stay put looking stupid..

I have never seen a tank flip on its' side or have read such an account in biographies of tankers. In the  Battle of Flers–Courcelette, where tanks were used to cross ditches and obstacles there were no reports of tanks flipping on their sides Nor during the German Blitz through Europe or the Battle of Kursk. So there is no realism in this.

If another tank does it to you that is kinda acceptable. But climbing up a wall and then falling on your side? or  one of your track hitting a minor obstacle and tipping you to your side for the duration of the game?

I know Physically it is possible but does WoT adhere to realism in every aspect of Game play? No not even the much talked about shell hit behavior is realistic.(the angle at which a shell hits armor). ApCR/HEAT and HESH behavior is random with the costlier ammo doing the most damage. APDS (offered in some strange guns like a 40mil American  gun) and I think the British AT-2 guns, behave very strangely. The attention to details in the very important area of a shell's angle, special abilities *HEAT etc), and its impact velocity with respect to a tanks armor is left untreated by realistic physics ( I can understand that if a server has to calculate the shell velocity, its' type, the angles and aspect of a hit and the tank's armor type and angle for every shell fired it will not only bring the game speeds to a crawl it can potentially crash the server. You might need a couple of Sun E-10K or higher super computers which the economy of WoT may not be able to afford )

Anyway, That was just one example of an issue which will see the light of criticism as folks begin to wonder at the all- round realism touted by WoT.

For this reason and the fact that Flipping to your side and not being able to right yourself while waiting for the game to end is a very frustrating and annoying.

I hope WoT removes that aspect of realism.

The second is allowing heavy tanks to climb vertical surfaces which are going up at 70 to 90 degrees. Tanks do have a limitation to what angles they can climb at:

(•: generic to all wheeled vehicles) For Tanks and other tracked Vehicles:

Soil Type  please ignore:- ": Max. Speed Forward (KPH)  Max. Accel. (MPS2 ) (DPS)" Max. Climb Angle 

18.3 18.3 •1.42 •4.27 •30.0 •45 •45.0

SOIL_RCI250                               18.3 18.3 •1                                                                   *42 •0

•30.0 •45.0 SOIL_RCI050 9.0 9.0 •0.99 •4.27                                                                    •30.0

SOIL_STONE_MOUNTAIN                                                                                         •45.0

SOIL_SHALLOW_WATER                4.0 4.      44 •4.                                                           •45.0

SOIL_DEEP_WATER                       0.0 0.0 •0.0 •4.27 •30.0                                               •45.0

SOIL_ROAD                                                                                                                         47.0

These are example of more realistic "climb angles" of tanks at various speeds I have quoted the max values ar velocity+ acceleration.Quoted from "http://sedris.com/" I am attaching  (correctly I hope). one of the files I read

I just wanted to write a few lines on the annoyance of tipping over the side and climbing at impossible angles but seems like I have rambled on about a few out of context things that are quite besides the point. I hope at least some people here who have experienced this have found it to be an unpleasant experience and shall request WoT to cut it out of the game play. I don't know how to correct the Bold lettering. I have tried everything offered here and short of copying all the text over to MS word I have no ideas left. Help from whoever can help is requested :)

Much Regards to all,

Boomslanger

Salty_Socks #2 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 23:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13191 battles
There we go with people talking about realism. This game is an arcade shooter. Not a realism sim.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #3 Posted Jun 18 2016 - 23:32

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

you want realism. go wt..

oh w8. u flip there 2

Carrier_Graf_Zeppelin #4 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 00:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 2207 battles
  • [_WOLF] _WOLF
I almost tipped my Type 4 on its side trying to turn around in a narrow area lol, It started teetering and tipping over because of a hill and a rock. I Almost wish it had tipped so I could take a picture. I have seen a O-I on its side on Ruinberg...In the middle of the street, not sure how he managed to do it.

redbellyrobin #5 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 01:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10697 battles
  • [17] 17
If you drive straight at the wall in Chezk tank factory map with fury you 'flip' on your [edited].  in the east in there is one building in exact middle, and coming from south side you can drive straight up and land on [edited]

ArmorStorm #6 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 01:39

Major

• Players
  • 37704 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostCarrier_Graf_Zeppelin, on Jun 18 2016 - 17:15, said:

I almost tipped my Type 4 on its side trying to turn around in a narrow area lol, It started teetering and tipping over because of a hill and a rock. I Almost wish it had tipped so I could take a picture. I have seen a O-I on its side on Ruinberg...In the middle of the street, not sure how he managed to do it.

My commander managed to flip a TOG on its side by trying to climb up the side of a house in Strongholds once.  He still hasn't lived it down.

Boomslanger #7 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 01:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27714 battles
  • [A_O_D] A_O_D

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Jun 18 2016 - 14:32, said:

you want realism. go wt..

oh w8. u flip there 2

I GO TO "WT " TO AVOID POOPHOLES LIKE YOU. you are most obviously of limited intelligence and probably cannot understand the meaning of words longer than 4 letters. You make a great bean counting stat reading  and other simple things and before you see the type and shape of a tank shooting at you, you probably look up the WIN8 of the tanks' owner. The stress this induces in you causes you to find the nearest place to camp, count everyone's win 8 and then, with a satisfied smile you go and kill the few stragglers who cannot shoot back at you, with no hint of harm to yourself you raise your WIN8 or whatever to crappy levels. Dudes like you suck. Stay home and count something your round thingys (if any) have no hair... grow some then come back.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #8 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View Postboomslanger, on Jun 18 2016 - 17:45, said:

I GO TO "WT " TO AVOID POOPHOLES LIKE YOU. you are most obviously of limited intelligence and probably cannot understand the meaning of words longer than 4 letters. You make a great bean counting stat reading  and other simple things and before you see the type and shape of a tank shooting at you, you probably look up the WIN8 of the tanks' owner. The stress this induces in you causes you to find the nearest place to camp, count everyone's win 8 and then, with a satisfied smile you go and kill the few stragglers who cannot shoot back at you, with no hint of harm to yourself you raise your WIN8 or whatever to crappy levels. Dudes like you suck. Stay home and count something your round thingys (if any) have no hair... grow some then come back.

you do realize i'm a big hater of xvm, wn8, and wotlabs right?

Boomslanger #9 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 01:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27714 battles
  • [A_O_D] A_O_D

View PostSteezy_Socks, on Jun 18 2016 - 14:29, said:

There we go with people talking about realism. This game is an arcade shooter. Not a realism sim.

Dude can you really read or cannot ? take a deep breath from wherever you breathe and read again. If you still feel the same way there's an online school for*[edited]that you could attend.

Why is the first response/answer to any post by anyone anywhere by a person of very limited intelligence who just scribbles/types anything that comes to head at that time? Do they like to see their work "over the 'innernet'" and show it off to those who are related to you? Next I foresee an out of context attack on my "win8" which is annoying as it has nothing to do with the topic. Like as if like the tanks mentioned above, some people's minds too flop on one side helplessly speiling out long strings of trolling idiocy...

rokinamerica #10 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 01:56

Major

• Players
  • 5092 battles

View Postboomslanger, on Jun 18 2016 - 16:45, said:

Dudes like you suck. Stay home and count something your round thingys (if any) have no hair... grow some then come back.

Flippin ironic. Did you ever think to look in the mirror? You make the other bot look good on the forums today. Just stop. 

rokinamerica #11 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 01:58

Major

• Players
  • 5092 battles

View Postboomslanger, on Jun 18 2016 - 16:54, said:

helplessly speiling out long strings of trolling idiocy...

You really do not see the irony, do you?

Boomslanger #12 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 02:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27714 battles
  • [A_O_D] A_O_D

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Jun 18 2016 - 16:46, said:

you do realize i'm a big hater of xvm, wn8, and wotlabs right?

No sir, Your "bronze Levelness" I seriously read you have the Bronze star after I begin to wonder which lunatic would like to make a post like that (like what has my win8 gotta do with  a tank flipping over which has never happened in previous iterations of the client and I have played from 9.0 up) So I did not notice where you have mentioned your favorite bean counting machine which is not XVM or whatever and is something else. and dude, I dunno if I should stop and uninstall this game cause I have badmouthed a Bronze star winner and now everyone and their dog will come down on me like a ton of bricks as soon as I enter a game, men in suit will come home to pick me up and all that kind of stuff.. Wot will start a special package for me where a normal AP shell, otherwise free or 10 credits or so, costs me a 100k or so per.  Well at least I can safely blame everything that goes wrong with my tanks (flipping on their sides), gameplay and low low WIN8 on you and you fellow bronze/silver/.gold/Platinum winners. Humility is a virtue that real high achievers in any field have...

Boomslanger #13 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 02:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27714 battles
  • [A_O_D] A_O_D

View Postrokinamerica, on Jun 18 2016 - 16:58, said:

You really do not see the irony, do you?

Will you at least count till ten to let me run and hide?Like you acerbic wit warns me that you are a big/important dude maybe bigger than our Bronze medalist friend out there. Another mind that has flipped on its' side. And don't call me a "bot" I have not hit the "bottle" yet dude. 

Boomslanger #14 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 02:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27714 battles
  • [A_O_D] A_O_D

Oh well, what the hell. Those who understand will reply, the rest will beat their chest, mock, warn, scare threaten, scare and go back being nasty at someone else...

ArmorStorm #15 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 02:53

Major

• Players
  • 37704 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View Postboomslanger, on Jun 18 2016 - 16:24, said:

Even a minor uneveness like the begining of a sidewalk, a hill, a rock make tanks roll-over to their side and look idiotic and helpless.

No they don't unless you absolutely cannot drive a tank in this game.  Generally it takes a pretty steep angle that the vast majority of us have learned not to drive on.

You cannot leave the battle 'cause you are not dead yet and, off-course your team mates are busy and cannot help. So you lie there, on your side, able to use your gun and hoping that some red tries to come in front of you because you cannot aim your gun, looking like a stupid flipping and your tracks turning as you struggle to somehow get your tank upright. Hoping that some red dude drives by and puts you out of your misery so that you can move on to a new tank/game. Flipping on your side does not give you the 10 seconds(or whatever " time) to "get yourself going or die". You just have to stay put looking stupid..

I have never seen a tank flip on its' side or have read such an account in biographies of tankers Google and Youtube are your friends here, tanks flipping over are hilarious!. In the  Battle of Flers–Courcelette (The original tanks were purpose-built FOR crossing trenches and were terrible tanks otherwise so yeah), where tanks were used to cross ditches and obstacles there were no reports of tanks flipping on their sides Nor during the German Blitz through Europe or the Battle of Kursk. So there is no realism in this.(Tanks don't flip on flat ground?  Wow, who knew.  Hey, I bet if you keep YOUR tanks on flat ground like real tank drivers do you wouldn't flip so often either.  Operator error is the reason tanks flip)

If another tank does it to you that is kinda acceptable. But climbing up a wall and then falling on your side? or  one of your track hitting a minor obstacle and tipping you to your side for the duration of the game? Dafuq are you doing climbing WALLS?  

I know Physically it is possible but does WoT adhere to realism in every aspect of Game play? No not even the much talked about shell hit behavior is realistic.(the angle at which a shell hits armor). ApCR/HEAT and HESH behavior is random with the costlier ammo doing the most damage. APDS (offered in some strange guns like a 40mil American  gun) and I think the British AT-2 guns, behave very strangely. The attention to details in the very important area of a shell's angle, special abilities *HEAT etc), and its impact velocity with respect to a tanks armor is left untreated by realistic physics ( I can understand that if a server has to calculate the shell velocity, its' type, the angles and aspect of a hit and the tank's armor type and angle for every shell fired it will not only bring the game speeds to a crawl it can potentially crash the server. You might need a couple of Sun E-10K or higher super computers which the economy of WoT may not be able to afford )

Anyway, That was just one example of an issue which will see the light of criticism as folks begin to wonder at the all- round realism touted by WoT. wthare you talking about?  Nobody with half, no a quarter of a clue thinks that a game based on HIT POINTS is realistic.  Arcade shooter with some historical (or hysterical) elements describes World of Tanks, not realistic simulator.

For this reason and the fact that Flipping to your side and not being able to right yourself while waiting for the game to end is a very frustrating and annoying.  Which is why the vast majority of players learn not to flip our tanks.

I hope WoT removes that aspect of realism.  Sorry, I wouldn't complain if they tuned it down just a bit, but it does add an element of fun to the game and makes a guy look at his path a little more closely.  I mean most of us anyway.

The second is allowing heavy tanks to climb vertical surfaces which are going up at 70 to 90 degrees. Tanks do have a limitation to what angles they can climb at:

(•: generic to all wheeled vehicles) For Tanks and other tracked Vehicles:

Again, I just don't see this being a problem.  The only tanks that will even attempt a steep climb like that have protruding tracks in the front and in RL could make the attempt.  There is a video of a military Hummer climbing a vertical wall.

Soil Type  please ignore:- ": Max. Speed Forward (KPH)  Max. Accel. (MPS2 ) (DPS)" Max. Climb Angle 

18.3 18.3 •1.42 •4.27 •30.0 •45 •45.0

SOIL_RCI250                               18.3 18.3 •1                                                                   *42 •0

•30.0 •45.0 SOIL_RCI050 9.0 9.0 •0.99 •4.27                                                                    •30.0

SOIL_STONE_MOUNTAIN                                                                                         •45.0

SOIL_SHALLOW_WATER                4.0 4.      44 •4.                                                           •45.0

SOIL_DEEP_WATER                       0.0 0.0 •0.0 •4.27 •30.0                                               •45.0

SOIL_ROAD                                                                                                                         47.0

These are example of more realistic "climb angles" of tanks at various speeds I have quoted the max values ar velocity+ acceleration.Quoted from "http://sedris.com/" I am attaching  (correctly I hope). one of the files I read

Come on man, if you cannot make it legible just summarize it for us.  

I just wanted to write a few lines on the annoyance of tipping over the side and climbing at impossible angles but seems like I have rambled on about a few out of context things that are quite besides the point. I hope at least some people here who have experienced this have found it to be an unpleasant experience and shall request WoT to cut it out of the game play. I don't know how to correct the Bold lettering. I have tried everything offered here and short of copying all the text over to MS word I have no ideas left. Help from whoever can help is requested :)

Much Regards to all,

Boomslanger

Salty_Socks #16 Posted Jun 20 2016 - 10:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13191 battles

View Postboomslanger, on Jun 19 2016 - 01:54, said:

Dude can you really read or cannot ? take a deep breath from wherever you breathe and read again. If you still feel the same way there's an online school for*[edited]that you could attend.

Why is the first response/answer to any post by anyone anywhere by a person of very limited intelligence who just scribbles/types anything that comes to head at that time? Do they like to see their work "over the 'innernet'" and show it off to those who are related to you? Next I foresee an out of context attack on my "win8" which is annoying as it has nothing to do with the topic. Like as if like the tanks mentioned above, some people's minds too flop on one side helplessly speiling out long strings of trolling idiocy...

wow you sure are projecting there bud. Got some underlying insecurities you wanna talk about? And why would I talk about your WN8? Are you trying to bait an unprovoked stats argument? No where in my first post warranted all this rage. I made a simple statement and if thats enough to make you a little irate then I do apologize. I sometimes forget that there are people in this world that get ticked off just because some one didnt agree with them.

Edited by Steezy_Socks, Jun 20 2016 - 10:49.

Ich_bin_Hass #17 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 00:56

Captain

• Players
  • 78975 battles

View PostSteezy_Socks, on Jun 18 2016 - 16:29, said:

Agreed !

dunniteowl #18 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 15:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I've rolled and flipped more than I care to admit since the new physics changes.  I've only ever gotten stuck twice.  I have discovered that, for some reason, rapidly hitting the left and right drive directions and alternating between forward and reverse, I have managed, while in the act of tipping and flipping (it seems) to right myself by actively pursuing righting myself via drive tracking.

I can't say it is the answer, although I can attribute nothing more than pure dumb luck beyond it and I am not a big believer in that much pure dumb luck.

Good Luck, Have Fun and Hope to See You on the Battle Field

Sunny Side Up!

Deathawakens #19 Posted Jun 22 2016 - 00:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 8640 battles
  • [D_O_I] D_O_I
Sometimes this aspect of the game goes too far. Since when can a heavy tank push another heavy tank against a brick wall and then proceed to push it up the wall and tip it over? Then just back off and shoot it through the hatch! Come on at the very least it should push it through the wall. A tank with 9 hp per ton should not be able to do this to a 66 ton tank. This kind of mechanics is so frustrating and should be fixed. Not to mention a light tank being able to one shot a heavy tank, come on folks just a little realism please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users