Jump to content


My personal opinion on 'Soviet Bias'


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

CrazedGrenadeGuy #1 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:11

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4011 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    04-24-2016

After playing the Tiger 2 and then using the rental IS-3A, I've noticed massive differences between german and soviet heavies, with the IS I was able to 1 shot much more frequently and deal massive amounts of damage while watching the rest of the team rip up what I've weakened, the aimtime was slower than the Tiger 2, but it was generally alright, reload time was a pain, but was countered by the good reverse speed and it's sloped armor. When I played the Tiger 2, the DPM didn't ever seem to matter, because I had trouble penetrating even with APCR, and if I did hurt something, they would back away before I could leave another mark, if I were to snipe with the Tiger 2, I would still suffer the same problem with enemies hiding and even would get hatred from my own teammates for trying to snipe. Even the Is-3A was more mobile than the Tiger 2, as the Tiger just struggled to follow O-Ni's trying to rush and flank. I'm not trying to complain but this is obviously heavily pointing towards Soviet bias.

What I think could be done to balance the scales, is to rather then add DPM, the German tanks could benefit from buffed alpha, especially the 8,8 KwK L/71 (which is not at all a competitive gun at tier 8 (regret of buying the panther 88) And nerfing the near 5 second reloads of German tanks, because no sniper tank should have the reload rate of a brawling tank


Edited by CrazedGrenadeGuy, Jun 19 2016 - 15:25.


Guilty_By_Association_xD #2 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:14

    Captain

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 45026 battles
  • 1,734
  • [RUSHB] RUSHB
  • Member since:
    12-25-2011

Best tier 10 med

Bat Chat, t62a                                                                      

Best tier 10 heavy

E5/215b/113/50B

Best tier 10 Td

Grille

Best tier 10 arty 

M53/55

Best tier 8 light

Ru 

 

hmmmm no Russian bais here. You want bais

Warthunder: Best tanks

T-54/Is-2 (late)/ Kv-2 russian 

It-1 russian

T-10M russian

Su-122-54 russian 

Zsu-30 russian

Leo 1 German

 

Be lucky you play this game friendo 

 



CrazedGrenadeGuy #3 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:18

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4011 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    04-24-2016
The Grille is debatable, I've suffered worse from UK TD, and the 50B isn't a heavy. Obviously the Ru 251 is the best up there, but it heavily suffers in tier 9/10

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #4 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,594
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostPompous_Magnus, on Jun 19 2016 - 07:14, said:

Best tier 10 med

Bat Chat

Best tier 10 heavy

E5/215b/113/50B

Best tier 10 Td

Grille

Best tier 10 arty 

M53/55

Best tier 8 light

Ru 

 

hmmmm no Russian bais here.

 

thats opinion.

Best Tier 10 Meds in terms of whats used most often is

Obj 140.

IS-7 is used as much as 215b,   though admittingly less than e5(currently overbuffed), 113(just becoming new meta), and 50b(autoloader, its in its own catagory)

 

sure u can say grille is best tier 10 TD, but others would say 183, or e3, or jg pz e 100,  or 263

but at tier 9,  obj 704 is god mode according to "expected dmg"

 

best tier 8 light tends to be t-54 ltwt in terms of whats used the most.(not only in pubs, but strongholds and cw)

 

 

 

 

now if we look at tier 8,  #1 most used tank.  IS-3. by a major factor of nearly 2x more use than the next highest tank.

and of the prem MM tanks, IS-6 is the most common by a large factor



Satchel_Charge #5 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:21

    Captain

  • Players
  • 3246 battles
  • 1,600
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View PostCrazedGrenadeGuy, on Jun 19 2016 - 06:11, said:

After playing the Tiger 2 and then using the rental IS-3A, I've noticed massive differences between german and soviet heavies, with the IS I was able to 1 shot much more frequently and deal massive amounts of damage while watching the rest of the team rip up what I've weakened, the aimtime was slower than the Tiger 2, but it generally alright, reload time was a pain, but was countered by the good reverse speed and it's sloped armor.

 

When I played the Tiger 2, the DPM didn't ever seem to matter, because I had trouble penetrating even with APCR, and if I did hurt something, they would back away before I could leave another mark, if I were to snipe with the Tiger 2, I would still suffer the same problem with enemies hiding and even would get hatred from my own teammates for trying to snipe.

 

Even the Is-3A was more mobile than the Tiger 2, as the Tiger just struggled to follow O-Ni's trying to rush and flank.

 

I'm not trying to complain but this is obviously heavily pointing towards Soviet bias.

 

What I think could be done to balance the scales, is to rather then add DPM, the German tanks could benefit from buffed alpha, especially the 8,8 KwK L/71 (which is not at all a competitive gun at tier 8 (regret of buying the panther 88) And nerfing the near 5 second reloads of German tanks, because no sniper tank should have the reload rate of a brawling tank

 

Epic sentences...



CrazedGrenadeGuy #6 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:21

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4011 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    04-24-2016

View PostCrazedGrenadeGuy, on Jun 19 2016 - 15:18, said:

 and the 50B isn't a heavy

sorry thought you were talking about the E50M, i forgot about the french heavy, as I haven't seen them as much as any other Tier 10



Bronco2219 #7 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:22

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 27770 battles
  • 708
  • Member since:
    12-03-2015
your just going thru the new tank bubble.  i own the IS3-A  one of the first premium tanks i bought. i also have a tiger 2 i prefer the tiger.

CrazedGrenadeGuy #8 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:23

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4011 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    04-24-2016
It's not exactly a new tank bubble, I've done good with the Tiger 2 before, but it struggles to compare with the IS-3A

Guilty_By_Association_xD #9 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:25

    Captain

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 45026 battles
  • 1,734
  • [RUSHB] RUSHB
  • Member since:
    12-25-2011

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Jun 19 2016 - 09:19, said:

 

thats opinion.

Best Tier 10 Meds in terms of whats used most often is

Obj 140.

IS-7 is used as much as 215b,   though admittingly less than e5(currently overbuffed), 113(just becoming new meta), and 50b(autoloader, its in its own catagory)

 

sure u can say grille is best tier 10 TD, but others would say 183, or e3, or jg pz e 100,  or 263

but at tier 9,  obj 704 is god mode according to "expected dmg"

best tier 8 light tends to be t-54 ltwt in terms of whats used the most.(not only in pubs, but strongholds and cw)

 

now if we look at tier 8,  #1 most used tank.  IS-3. by a major factor of nearly 2x more use than the next highest tank.

and of the prem MM tanks, IS-6 is the most common by a large factor

1. No one cares about tier 9

2. No one cares about tier 8 or tier 8 cw

3. Bat is the best, 140 is trash/ T62a master race

4. I dont know what game you play but the Is-7 is not used to the extent of E5 or 215b no "category" 50b is a heavy and belongs as such.

5. I am talking about consistency which is the only good metric, and the grille does preform well constantly (in good players hands.) t-54 lwt is not that good, there is a reason we use the ru for gold league.

 



Dogsoldier6 #10 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 62628 battles
  • 2,781
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011

There are no bad tanks, only bad drivers.

 

To clarify, I fit this myself because there are some tanks I just cannot do well in making me a bad driver of that tank.

 

I agree that as an in your face brawling tank the IS-3/IS-3A is superior to the Tiger II, however, the Tiger II is better at medium range fighting then the IS-3/IS-3A.

 

It's not exactly a new tank bubble, I've done good with the Tiger 2 before, but it struggles to compare with the IS-3A

 

Bronco is correct you are not only suffering from new tank bubble, but you are also suffering from new player syndrome, and rushing up the tech trees (And doing a big disservice to yourself in doing so).

 

Simply put the further up the tech tree you go the steeper the learning curve gets, skip over the learning curve by rushing up the tech trees and you will get spanked over and over again. Because, in general, Soviet tanks are more forgiving it gives players, like you, the feeling they are superior to all other nations tanks. While nothing could be further from the truth.



Strike_Witch_Tomoko #11 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,594
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostPompous_Magnus, on Jun 19 2016 - 07:25, said:

1. No one cares about tier 9

2. No one cares about tier 8 or tier 8 cw

3. Bat is the best, 140 is trash/ T62a master race

4. I dont know what game you play but the Is-7 is not used to the extent of E5 or 215b no "category" 50b is a heavy and belongs as such.

5. I am talking about consistency which is the only good metric, and the grille does preform well constantly (in good players hands.) t-54 lwt is not that good, there is a reason we use the ru for gold league.

 

 

you'd be surprised who cares about tier 8

 

if bat is the best, why is obj 140 used more.  in cw, pubs, league, strongholds.        62a is also used more than bat in all.                   now if u just want pubs alone. and count 62 and 140 as different tanks(instead of flat out clones), then yes. batchat has more use....in pubs alone.   not stronghold, cw, or league.

 

50b has its own catagory because it doesn't act like a heavy,  autoloaders have a different playstyle to heavies.       and did i say IS-7 was used as much as e5?  no.  i said it was used as much as 215b

 

IS-7 is currently the 2nd most used tier 10 in pubs.   and its still used in cw.  maybe not for you, but in general its still often used.

 

the reason you don't use 54 for gold league is your fighting tier 10s.

and RU is a better spotter.   but when you look at pubs, tier 8 strongholds, and cw.    54 ltwt gets alot more use than RU due to its gun being more effective,  its troll turret, and its nearly same mobility.

 



CrazedGrenadeGuy #12 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:35

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4011 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    04-24-2016
Tier 9 and tier 8 are both part of the game and should be treated as such, I would much rather stick around tier 8 than tier 10 as this is where I generate a good amount of silver and just generally enjoy the game as it is. The T54 ltwt. Is a VERY nice tank and is very easy to come across, but destroying it is much harder than destroying a Ru251, or any tank on the leopard line for that matter. I've seen an IS-7 more than a Maus, and they still constantly out-preform the E-100 mobility and armor-wise. Though the E-100 is very common, and has such an awesome and powerful alpha, it only puts out 4.2 rounds without any equipment, this puts the DPM at 2058, lower than the IS-7 2146 DPM.

Wirbelfeld #13 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:36

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21685 battles
  • 1,129
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View PostDogsoldier6, on Jun 19 2016 - 14:30, said:

There are no bad tanks, only bad drivers.

 

Typical ignorant statement issued by many well meaning players. There are a ton of bad tanks, its up to good players to do their best in them, doesnt make them any less garbage.

Just because you can do well in a bad tank doesnt make that tank any good. There are a ton of tanks in this game that are just flat out worse than anything in their own tier.



Beckers4 #14 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:36

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12960 battles
  • 383
  • [CIA] CIA
  • Member since:
    12-18-2012

Sounds like your playing style is getting in the way. You can not play a Tiger II like you do a IS-3A. And the Panther 8.8 is great tank played properly. As for Soviet bias yeah it"s biased, how many times have lined up a shot with a soviet tank and the round took a hard left/right or went right into the dirt, while the German guns shoot like lasers.


Edited by Beckers4, Jun 19 2016 - 15:38.


Wirbelfeld #15 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:39

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21685 battles
  • 1,129
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View PostPompous_Magnus, on Jun 19 2016 - 14:25, said:

1. No one cares about tier 9

2. No one cares about tier 8 or tier 8 cw

3. Bat is the best, 140 is trash/ T62a master race

4. I dont know what game you play but the Is-7 is not used to the extent of E5 or 215b no "category" 50b is a heavy and belongs as such.

5. I am talking about consistency which is the only good metric, and the grille does preform well constantly (in good players hands.) t-54 lwt is not that good, there is a reason we use the ru for gold league.

 

 

There is no such thing as the "best" tier 10. Everything is situational when playing tier 10. You wouldnt bring 15 batchats or 50Bs on himmelsdorf, therefore, batchats and 50bs are clearly not the "best" tier 10. 

There are certain tanks that are universally used to fit a certain role (such as ru251), but tanks like the IS7 still have a place in CW and pubs.



CrazedGrenadeGuy #16 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:41

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4011 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    04-24-2016

View PostDogsoldier6, on Jun 19 2016 - 15:30, said:

 

 

Bronco is correct you are not only suffering from new tank bubble, but you are also suffering from new player syndrome, and rushing up the tech trees (And doing a big disservice to yourself in doing so).

 

Simply put the further up the tech tree you go the steeper the learning curve gets, skip over the learning curve by rushing up the tech trees and you will get spanked over and over again. Because, in general, Soviet tanks are more forgiving it gives players, like you, the feeling they are superior to all other nations tanks. While nothing could be further from the truth.

Though I did rush up through the German Tech tree, I have accepted that I need to stay around the tier 5 area, but when I got the rental for the IS-3A, I actually compared it to the Tiger 2, and just in general the IS-3A usually comes out on top. Indeed EVEN in medium range fighting, although the IS-3A suffers from low accuracy



Guilty_By_Association_xD #17 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:41

    Captain

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 45026 battles
  • 1,734
  • [RUSHB] RUSHB
  • Member since:
    12-25-2011

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Jun 19 2016 - 09:35, said:

you'd be surprised who cares about tier 8

if bat is the best, why is obj 140 used more.  in cw, pubs, league, strongholds.        62a is also used more than bat in all.                   now if u just want pubs alone. and count 62 and 140 as different tanks(instead of flat out clones), then yes. batchat has more use....in pubs alone.   not stronghold, cw, or league.

50b has its own catagory because it doesn't act like a heavy,  autoloaders have a different playstyle to heavies.       and did i say IS-7 was used as much as e5?  no.  i said it was used as much as 215b

IS-7 is currently the 2nd most used tier 10 in pubs.   and its still used in cw.  maybe not for you, but in general its still often used.

the reason you don't use 54 for gold league is your fighting tier 10s.

and RU is a better spotter.   but when you look at pubs, tier 8 strongholds, and cw.    54 ltwt gets alot more use than RU due to its gun being more effective,  its troll turret, and its nearly same mobility.

 

 

1. Yeah, pubbies who dont matter

2. its not what are you on about. I have played Cw and CL and we rarely used ru meds and when we did it was like one map. 

Wallhacks -"Ready up ru meds 140's"

All bulba med players- "Can i play a t62?"

Wallhacks. - "Sure."

3. I was talking generally about the class, also technically it is a heavy but you dont play it as one (most of the time) 

4. that does not make it good (key word best)

5  yeah you dont say, and the fact it has better speed, camo, pen, depression, and dpm yeah the only reason.



Guilty_By_Association_xD #18 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:43

    Captain

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 45026 battles
  • 1,734
  • [RUSHB] RUSHB
  • Member since:
    12-25-2011

View PostWirbelfeld, on Jun 19 2016 - 09:39, said:

 

There is no such thing as the "best" tier 10. Everything is situational when playing tier 10. You wouldnt bring 15 batchats or 50Bs on himmelsdorf, therefore, batchats and 50bs are clearly not the "best" tier 10. 

There are certain tanks that are universally used to fit a certain role (such as ru251), but tanks like the IS7 still have a place in CW and pubs.

 

oh no there are best tier 10's the ones that preform in their roles the best thats why i put multiple tanks in some categories. i never said some tanks arent used or useful i said they arent the BEST, what is so hard to understand. 

CheekiBreeki_ #19 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:43

    Major

  • Banned
  • 46490 battles
  • 3,989
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    06-09-2012
112_Best_Medium

CheekiBreeki_ #20 Posted Jun 19 2016 - 15:44

    Major

  • Banned
  • 46490 battles
  • 3,989
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    06-09-2012

View PostPompous_Magnus, on Jun 19 2016 - 08:43, said:

 

oh no there are best tier 10's the ones that preform in their roles the best thats why i put multiple tanks in some categories. i never said some tanks arent used or useful i said they arent the BEST, what is so hard to understand. 

 

You're just being stubborn LOL. People have different playstyles. I personally think the TVP is the best medium and bat is somewhere in the middle but not as good as russian mediums




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users