What'd I'd change if I could

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Roccandil #1 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 07:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles

Time for some rantish suggestions. :) I'm sure WG won't implement these, and I don't expect anyone from tomatoes to unicums to like them or even read them, but durn it, I'm posting them. :)

So, in no particular order, here are some things I'd do if this were my game:

• Auto-aim can be activated with "nearest target" and "next/previous" target keys. These are configurable such that they either start with the nearest enemy in absolute space around the player's tank, or the nearest enemy in the arc in front of the player's gun.
  • With auto-aim activated, the gunner auto-leads targets. That should be his job, not the player's (just as range-finding is his job).
  • With auto-aim activated, the gunner aims for center mass of the -visible- part of the enemy tank. Only an idiot gunner would fire into obvious cover.
  • Penetration isn't random. Pen is pen. Damage can be random (hit points aren't realistic anyhow), and dispersion makes sense, but pen is, as I saw someone say, an exact science.
  • If you're sitting still, the aiming circle should continue to shrink until you've locked on to the enemy tank, at which point the interface will beep or something. At that point, you won't miss unless bumped/hit. (If a tank sits still that long in front of a tank aiming at it, it should get hit.) Moving the gun, of course, would cause bloom.
  • Being hit should interrupt aiming in and cause bloom, perhaps mitigated by a new perk/skill (cool head/steady hands).
  • With auto-aim activated, the interface should show the current hit chance in percentage.
  • Gunners should have a new perk: "educated gunner", or something like that, allowing them to auto-aim at enemy weak spots/modules.
  • Shots should never disperse outside the aiming circle.
  • Auto-aim should never unlock when a target disappears. It should always stay locked on to the enemy vehicle's last known position unless the player right-clicks or the enemy is destroyed.
  • The 3D camera should never use occlusion culling. Sudden movement of the camera (like when backing toward a building) can completely throw off the player's situational awareness. Instead, obstacles to the point of view should be rendered translucent/invisible. The 3D point of view should always be exactly where the player wants it.
  • A gun elevation/depression range overlay/toggle should be added. Maybe it shades/highlights the area around your tank you can point the gun if you hold down a key.
  • The intuition loading skill should always work; it shouldn't be a chance.

All right, I haven't really justified the above, and maybe I'd regret some of them if they were implemented. I'll say this much: I don't care for relying on twitch/interface skills to be "good", and I despise gambling elements in games. I very much respect positional skills and forethought.

Also, I think this game should be more accessible to people with disabilities. (For myself, I've used computers for too long to have precise enough motor skills to be really good at twitch; I just want to automate that stuff as much as possible.)

Finally, I've noticed that the meta among top players seems to be fast mediums, and I really enjoy fast mediums, often even when outiered. Why? My observation so far is that fast mediums (especially in a wolfpack) reduce the impact of twitch skills and RNG the most. Swarm the enemy and fire point-blank into enemy sides/rear. Get 'em to turn, too, so others can hit them. Load APCR to reduce RNG even more.

More precisely, fast mediums allow the player to play what I think of as "cascade initiation" and "cascade prevention". Cascade initiation is the triggering of local overruns such that friendly tanks are freed up to join other engagements. Prevention, of course, is defending against enemy attempts to trigger such cascades.

Other tanks can do these tasks, but not as well as fast mediums with good firepower. This, incidentally, is at least part of what I think of as positional play: knowing when and where to attempt either triggering a cascade or preventing one (which I'm still learning).

Anyhow, if you read this, thanks. :) (Just needed to get that off my chest!)

Termitey #2 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 07:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 91047 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z
Maybe add gps spots on your minimap as well so u can remember the exact spots to return to:justwait:

johnmadara #3 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 08:01

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles
great suggestions, just implement warpack into the game

Mudman24 #4 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 08:11

Major

• Players
  • 36582 battles
So basically you want an aimbot in game.  

saru_richard #5 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 08:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 26991 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
ya... and make manual aim entirely useless no thanks

TheeeMaster #6 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 09:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43785 battles
You must be an arty player...

Harkonen_siegetank #7 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 10:34

Major

• Players
  • 28043 battles
  • [_LOL_] _LOL_
What I change if I could......remove arty with no compensations.

GeorgePreddy #8 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 12:37

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

I would increase RNG to 35%...

Remove arty...

Bring back ammo sales

Dionysus_Zagreus #9 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 12:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 47437 battles
Include free beer.....

Leeferr #10 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 13:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39436 battles
  • [TAP] TAP

View PostMudman24, on Jun 21 2016 - 08:11, said:

So basically you want an aimbot in game.

^

1mp0ster #11 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 13:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 39985 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY
Why even play this game at all? It seems like you just want the game to begin and your tank to drive itself and fight on its own. There is a thing that might be more suitable for you thank WoT; it is called a movie.

Roccandil #12 Posted Jun 21 2016 - 15:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles

I suppose you all would be in favor, then, of removing the automatic rangefinding? Any of you play Panzer Elite, where you had to do that yourself? That was actually pretty interesting: generally you had to bracket a target to even get close to the right range.

Eventually you "got good" enough at reading distances to sometimes get the range right on the first shot. Always a thrill. :) The German optics really helped with this, but the American optics were horrible. :(

Oh, and as I recall, shells went precisely where you aimed them, it was just hard to know where to aim them.

Anyhow, I get the impression there's significantly more to WoT than being an arcade shooter, but maybe I'm wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users