• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #41 Posted Jun 22 2016 - 18:48

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View Postmr_lummox, on Jun 22 2016 - 10:42, said:

Strike_Witch_Tomoko#39

I had an Easy8 I found it boring and sold it after I got my first stripe, Mastery badge and completed all the medium missions with it; ALL with using the 105mm and HE.
So all your complaining about how hard it is driving that tank is not impressing me one bit.

Funny you want to call my idea of balancing APCR to be the inverse of HE as crying yet you have done nothing but cry about how tough it is to play your tank without APCR.  Learn to use your gun depression and shoot through the front drive wheel of other tanks, NO APCR needed.  

lol

go take that easy 8.  use derp if u want

and go see how u do vs IS-6 or IS-3

or IS-3A

or KV-5

or hell, KV-4

according to your profile you NEVER played easy 8

you played m4.  and you played jumbo

152mm turret jumbo. with its 101 to 139mm front plate.

jumbo's armored. sure it can use derp gun

but look what easy 8 is

76mm turret

63mm hull. 

Easy 8 is designed for its 2nd 76mm.  while jumbo only gets the first, and so uses derp gun.

that derp gun sucks vs tier 7 and 8s. even with gold.

"shoot through front drive wheel of other tanks"  suuuure.....150mm drive wheel. plus 20mm spaced armor.  128 pen.....likely angled tank.

mr_lummox #42 Posted Jun 22 2016 - 18:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16361 battles

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Jun 22 2016 - 17:48, said:

lol

go take that easy 8.  use derp if u want

and go see how u do vs IS-6 or IS-3

or IS-3A

or KV-5

or hell, KV-4

according to your profile you NEVER played easy 8

you played m4.  and you played jumbo

152mm turret jumbo. with its 101 to 139mm front plate.

jumbo's armored. sure it can use derp gun

but look what easy 8 is

76mm turret

63mm hull. 

Easy 8 is designed for its 2nd 76mm.  while jumbo only gets the first, and so uses derp gun.

that derp gun sucks vs tier 7 and 8s. even with gold.

"shoot through front drive wheel of other tanks"  suuuure.....150mm drive wheel. plus 20mm spaced armor.  128 pen.....likely angled tank.

I apologize you are correct I looked at the easy8 and saw it was a POS and went with the Jumbo instead (all those M4 variants look the same to me).  I stayed with the stock turret since the "upgraded" turret blew chunks.

Look you want to use APCR knock yourself out, I don't need premium much.  Guess each to his own. 

Question how can you have 14K battles and you still drive around a Easy8?  

Edited by mr_lummox, Jun 22 2016 - 18:53.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #43 Posted Jun 22 2016 - 19:00

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View Postmr_lummox, on Jun 22 2016 - 10:52, said:

I apologize you are correct I looked at the easy8 and saw it was a POS and went with the Jumbo instead (all those M4 variants look the same to me).  I stayed with the stock turret since the "upgraded" turret blew chunks.

Look you want to use APCR knock yourself out, I don't need premium much.  Guess each to his own. 

Question how can you have 14K battles and you still drive around a Easy8?  

because i like to stick to tier 6-8. easy 8 is a tank whose playstyle appeals to me, even if its current struggling due to power creep.

in tier 6 strongholds, its a nice tank. good gun handling, good dpm, good mantlet

in pubs, all those tier  8 games it struggles like hell to pen.

just cause i have 14k battles doesn't mean i don't play odd tanks.

PZ4H, Crusader, Easy 8, Rudy, T-34-1, Super P, Mutz, T34, T-34-57, type 64, and WZ-132 are some of my favorite tanks.

doesn't mean they all good, but it means i like them and want to play them.  even if some of them need buffs (when a SU-122-44 fires 390 alpha shells with .4 accuracy faster than your T-34-1 fires 250 alpha shells with .41 accuracy.   somethings wrong)

blackfalconjc #44 Posted Jun 22 2016 - 19:06

Captain

• Players
  • 7639 battles
  • [GTO] GTO

View Postmr_lummox, on Jun 22 2016 - 12:42, said:

Strike_Witch_Tomoko#39

I had an Easy8 I found it boring and sold it after I got my first stripe, Mastery badge and completed all the medium missions with it; ALL with using the 105mm and HE.
So all your complaining about how hard it is driving that tank is not impressing me one bit.

Funny you want to call my idea of balancing APCR to be the inverse of HE as crying yet you have done nothing but cry about how tough it is to play your tank without APCR.  Learn to use your gun depression and shoot through the front drive wheel of other tanks, NO APCR needed.  

Although you guys are re-enforcing the notion that lights and td are much better classes to play then med and heavies.  

Funny, I've provided well reasoned arguments to say that Mediums are pretty awesome and well, along with the notion that it's usually the player, not the tank. Strike Witch provided some nice infographics on how to heavy...

Amazing the conclusions you can reach when you're listening with your fingers in your ears! If you don't want advice, don't post about how you want things to change/whine on the forums about it, and for heavens sake, learn how to discourse like a human being and be open to someone else's opinion that your own. Kind of a life altering thing! :D Peace out man!

Edited by blackfalconjc, Jun 22 2016 - 19:07.

the_fartist #45 Posted Jun 22 2016 - 20:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34997 battles

View Postmr_lummox, on Jun 22 2016 - 07:03, said:

They had like 30 health left after my last shot so they would not of keep shooting until boom, since they would've been dead and i would've driven away.

I was rate of fire that won and no amount of angling would've done jack.

Funny how testy you heavy and medium drivers seem get on this topic.  I play mostly lights and TD's where armour means nothing and I rarely use gold in those tanks.  But with the way WG wants to force heavies to brawl armour really means nothing; so something needs to change to not just people to sling over match ammo to win.   

​gold is not a I win automatic, if you play mainly lt, td. than most every body doesn't need prem ammo to get you

mr_lummox #46 Posted Jun 22 2016 - 21:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16361 battles

View Post303rd_armored_cav, on Jun 22 2016 - 19:18, said:

​gold is not a I win automatic, if you play mainly lt, td. than most every body doesn't need prem ammo to get you

That is very true and with those tanks I can play the camo, maneuverability game, with the KV-3 not so much since that thing is like a turtle on treads. 

My VK 45.03 I play a bit more like a med or a TD with armour and use distance since that that thing has paper armour but good view distance and shell velocity. 

What is weird though is I get more bounces on the VK than the KV, I don't know if that is more because of the engagement distances though.

As I explained I was a bit irked from a battle with a Tiger 1 where I was doing what your supposed to do in a heavy and none of it mattered.  

Edited by mr_lummox, Jun 22 2016 - 21:44.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users