The real reasons why clan wars is dead.

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

When_I_DIE_ITS_OVER #1 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 00:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • [INTEL] INTEL

I understand that this post is very long, but I urge Clan wars players to read it. I feel I am bringing up some very important issues that need to be discussed. I would also urge players to not SH*T post on this page. Respect others opinions. Hear what they have to say on the matter and then share yours

Today I look at the global map in disgust like most of us. The activity on the map is at an all time low, I see Clans holding over 20 provinces, and farming for gold not fighting for it.

Now let me make myself clear so no one gets the wrong idea. My problem is not with the tier 10 clans doing this. I understand completely why the tier 10 clans farm, they have no one to stop them so why not. Why shouldn't they grab as much land as they can and make as much gold as possible, people are naturally greedy and always want more. They are at the end game of clan wars. There is no higher height to climb to. They are already fighting in their mighty T110E5s, swift Bat Chats, and stronk Russian OBJ 140s. 

My real problem is with the tier 6 and tier 8 clans clubbing baby seals in their Cromwells and IS-3s. It is completely despicable, I see clans that have around 1500 average WN8 that could easily be fighting on the tier 8 map even the tier 10 map if they wanted to yet they are playing tier 6... Just farming away at the beginners. Instead of moving up they just feed on the weak, they fight the easiest battles possible and grab as much land as they can to try and balance out the gold nerfs. I don't understand why these clans wont move up. They have the members, the skill, and the tanks to do it. They would be able to make so much more gold anyways. All I can think of is that they must just be that lazy where they don't want the slightest bit of challenge in their fights. This is why clan wars is dead, people don't want to be competitive anymore. 

Here is a list of all the tier 6 clans that could easily be playing tier 8. I posted Their Wotlabs so you can say how good they are. 

Tier 6 

EMPRR http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/EMPRR 

EMPER http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/EMPER 

VALOR - http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/VAL0R 

-SMB- http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/-SMB- 

NBT-Z http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/NBT-Z 

HIPPO - http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/HIPPO 

I have seen some clans that play on the tier 10 map and hold several pieces with worse stats than this.

These guys are playing tier 6. Clans like these are just ruining clan wars for the inexperienced guys that are trying to dip their toes in the water. Its an embarrassment to be apart of one of these clans. 

Tier 8 however is the saddest. The tier 8 map is pretty much just 2 very strong alliances that control the whole map. 1 in the north

(FU, THM, and GROOT) and 1 in the south(SNPAI, -SWAG, and -R-O-) with S-A-R sitting in the middle. The whole map is literally controlled by 7 clans. Out of 135 provinces these top 7 clans own 116 of them. Leaving the last 11 clans on the map with 19 provinces between all of them. Go look at the map, it's ridiculous. 

https://na.wargaming...on_tier8_05_004

Here is a list of these clans that could be playing tier 10 with their wotlabs again. 

Tier 8 

FU http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/FU

GROOT http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/GROOT

-SWAG http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/-SWAG

SNPAI http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/SNPAI

S-A-R http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/S-A-R

THM-D http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/THM-D

-R-O- http://wotlabs.net/na/clan/-R-O-

-R-O- may be the only exception to all these clans listed above. They are only green and have about 60 members so i would say they belong in tier 8. All these other clans though I would say could easily fight tier 10. I don't understand why not either, they would be able to make much more gold at tier 10. Wargaming buffed the tier 10 map and nerfed tier 6 and 8 this last clan wars season by a very large margin. There is much more gold on the map and many more provinces. Instead of moving up though they just decided "Darn, guess we better grab more land". You could hold 4 average to 7 average gold income pieces on the tier 10 and make just as much as they did at tier 8. If you know how to use diplomacy instead of just brute force you could probably hold even more. 

Now, the main opponent to this argument is probably "Well how are we supposed to fight clans like MAHOU and R-7. They are just too good". The truth is the top clans on tier 10 are spread extremely thin there is just no one challenging them except that one revolution Nebo started. If clans would just work together like this there is no way the tier 10 map would look like what it does. Now I know many players cussed out Nebo and his small alliance for what they did but this was an act of desperation to get some activity on the map and help them carve something out for their group. And i mean it worked, UFTS and its friends may have not been beating MAHOU, but MAHOU simply just couldn't field that many teams. For about 3 to 4 days they carved out a nice nook on the map. Until Vilin came in to help out. They knew they couldn't beat them straight up so they just chip spammed. Little guys forming alliances to take down big dogs in my book is Ok.  Now I completely understand why they would be upset, Mahou lost about half of its gold income, its extremely annoying getting chip spammed like that. I know many people think that this is a very low thing to do, but if you cant defend that land you don't deserve it, that's the bottom line. Do your best to hold onto it but don't whine about it. Instead of getting upset and crapposting in CR/D forums like HIPPO FFS. Should be proud that it took that many clans to rival them.  

Anyways... getting to my point, the only way clan wars will be saved is if the community wants to save it. People tell me all the time that clan wars is dead and it is all Wargaming's fault. Well it is dead, but its not Wargaming's fault anymore. Now I completely agree that Wargaming did ruin clan wars last year in August when they released 2.0. It was a complete mess and was very broken. Although, Wargaming has fixed almost all of its mistakes from a year ago. Clan wars 2.0 now is practically the same as old clan wars now besides how you can own as many provinces as you want and there being different tiers. Which BTW Wargaming has talked about putting a limit on how many provinces a clan can hold. When that happens there will be practically no difference. That leaves it up completely to the community. What else could Wargaming do at that point.

So all in all what I am trying to say is if the top clans on the tier 6 map move up to the tier 8 map while the tier 8 clans move up to the tier 10 map clan wars would be much better off. The more clans you have fighting the more competitive it will be. Clan Wars has lost its competitive edge. If this happens I think you will see a real shift in clan wars and would make it fun again. It will never be the same, but it could be pretty dam close.  So I urge clans that I listed above to at least consider it and try this out. I think you will see a real difference and I don't think it will be a detriment to their treasuries. 

So as I said in the beginning... Please no SH*T posting, just share your opinion and listen to what others have to say. thank you :) 

Edited by When_I_DIE_ITS_OVER, Jun 24 2016 - 00:42.

Inmate060714 #2 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 00:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3544 battles

what's a crap post?

Edited by FrozenDigits, Jun 24 2016 - 00:46.

Ziggen #3 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 00:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37620 battles
Well, good Post. I don't expect anything to change at all. These clans don't give a ship. They are making gold, that's all that matters to them. Its the way these kids are, their generation. They got trophies for just being on a team, no matter if they win or not...

Inmate060714 #4 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 00:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3544 battles
oh and btw, who the hell are you to tell people what tiers a clan should be playing on CW? Get over yourself you clown.

_SiMpLiCiTy #5 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 00:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7232 battles

View PostFrozenDigits, on Jun 23 2016 - 23:49, said:

oh and btw, who the hell are you to tell people what tiers a clan should be playing on CW? Get over yourself you clown.

you have a average tier of 4

Inmate060714 #6 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 00:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3544 battles

View PostZiggen, on Jun 23 2016 - 17:48, said:

Well, good Post. I don't expect anything to change at all. These clans don't give a ship. They are making gold, that's all that matters to them. Its the way these kids are, their generation. They got trophies for just being on a team, no matter if they win or not...

Yeah, you're a broad-stroking genius also. lol 

ladygazoo #7 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 00:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9252 battles
  • [GAZOO] GAZOO

Who are you to tell us where to play? We have the right to play which map we want. 

Inmate060714 #8 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 00:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3544 battles

View Post_SiMpLiCiTy, on Jun 23 2016 - 17:50, said:

and i can't have an opinion? you point is weak as is your logic.

The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob #9 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 00:54

Major

• Players
  • 19784 battles
  • [NEATT] NEATT
Is this nebos alt?

Inmate060714 #10 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 00:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3544 battles
I can't believe the Celtics picked Jaylen Brown as their #3 pick.

Yuri_Doujinshi #11 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 00:59

Major

• Players
  • 21975 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View Post_SiMpLiCiTy, on Jun 23 2016 - 23:50, said:

OP has 10 battles, and an average tier of 1.

Yuri_Doujinshi #12 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 01:01

Major

• Players
  • 21975 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostZiggen, on Jun 23 2016 - 23:48, said:

Ah yes, because those clans on the global map definitely aren't winning. They are just losing their way into 10+ provinces and getting free gold from it, those scum!

Space__wewlads #13 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 01:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19633 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostFrozenDigits, on Jun 23 2016 - 23:49, said:

God forbid someone try to keep the game you play from dying

CanOfTomatoes #14 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 01:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 15223 battles

View PostFrozenDigits, on Jun 23 2016 - 17:51, said:

Yeah, you're a broad-stroking genius also. lol 

[edited]........you prove the mans point with your rambling babble and self [edited]terness

Doomslinger #15 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 01:23

Major

• Players
  • 53719 battles
So you are saying that those clans are too lazy to play more challenging teams but if you prevent the higher skilled clans from playing the lower tier clan wars, you would be the lazy one who did not have to play better teams since they are prevented from playing. This makes you look a bit like a hypocrite.

_SiMpLiCiTy #16 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 01:23

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7232 battles

View PostYuri_Doujinshi, on Jun 24 2016 - 00:01, said:

Ah yes, because those clans on the global map definitely aren't winning. They are just losing their way into 10+ provinces and getting free gold from it, those scum!

you lost to claws 5-1 in clan league lmbo, not sure why you even farming 15k lmbo

Winterpeger #17 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 01:24

Captain

• Players
  • 45856 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Post_SiMpLiCiTy, on Jun 23 2016 - 17:50, said:

oops.. obvious he uses an alt account so that this one has good stats.

OdaZONE #18 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 01:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22585 battles
I get the point. It is hard for the Smaller clans to get land and keep it. They got the members and skill to take over the land and keep it. Sure they can fight in Tier 8, but why not get gold in Tier 6 and just fight against small clans. I get the point, I wish it would change, but its never going to. 

Themutt36 #19 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 01:56

Captain

• Players
  • 18299 battles
  • [DV] DV
Would there be more activity on the global map if no clan could hold more than 5 (or whatever number) provinces?

Georgetheprincess #20 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 01:58

Captain

• Players
  • 20250 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users