The real reasons why clan wars is dead.

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Firecyde #61 Posted Oct 15 2016 - 11:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 58386 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
TBH WG has crippled CWs from the start. I have never understood why the credits/XP is so low from a loss which straight up deters. Then on top of this lets lock tanks for upwards of a week, so I and I assume most players see the massive faults in the "end game" which is WOT but the biggest issue is I can't see the "light and the end of the tunnel". To top this all off they go and drop CWs into the three tiers (which only divides the community more) and lower all gold values just to sink the boot in while we are down. The stupid thing is I still enjoy the game xd but I would deter anyone from beginning to play it.

NightFire19 #62 Posted Oct 17 2016 - 16:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17394 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View PostFirecyde, on Oct 15 2016 - 05:21, said:

TBH WG has crippled CWs from the start. I have never understood why the credits/XP is so low from a loss which straight up deters. Then on top of this lets lock tanks for upwards of a week, so I and I assume most players see the massive faults in the "end game" which is WOT but the biggest issue is I can't see the "light and the end of the tunnel". To top this all off they go and drop CWs into the three tiers (which only divides the community more) and lower all gold values just to sink the boot in while we are down. The stupid thing is I still enjoy the game xd but I would deter anyone from beginning to play it.

Worst thing is that they made it so if you lost your tank but won the battle the lock time is still just as long. Sometimes to win you need to make an incisive push and perhaps lose some tanks along the way, but we're punished just as long. That's ridiculous.

Overmind25 #63 Posted Oct 17 2016 - 20:59

Staff sergeant

• Banned
  • 17680 battles
  • [EMPRR] EMPRR

Tier 10 is only superior if one or more of the following are primary

1. You have players in your clan that have played the game for a very long time or have focused on getting 3 or more competitive tier 10 tanks early in their account.  Lock times are very long and tier 10s for most people (if you have a lower skill level/not much free xp/not a lot of gold) take a lot of play time to get.

2.  You have the economies of scale from attaining numerous top 1% or better players, who are active, with an already built up clan reputation or you have a large amount of contacts (that would get along well) that joined a new clan you made.

3.  You are somehow connected to the Tier 10 slack diplo cartel.     

4. You enjoy playing with 15 tanks vs 10 or 7 by a decent sized margin.

5.  You value the status and dogma around tier 10 (as well as members of Clans who defend their identity/peacock feather through trashing other tiered clans wars) over your own values or those in your clan

6. You don't mind doing worse than you would in other tiered clan wars vs the perceived rewards at tier 10 and (if your clan is above average, just about average, average, or bad) you don't mind subjugating your clan to losing much more as well as possibly risking the internal integrity of the clan.  

SovietMemeBear #64 Posted Oct 17 2016 - 21:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18260 battles

View PostOvermind25, on Oct 17 2016 - 19:59, said:

Tier 10 is only superior if one or more of the following are primary

1. You have players in your clan that have played the game for a very long time or have focused on getting 3 or more competitive tier 10 tanks early in their account.  Lock times are very long and tier 10s for most people (if you have a lower skill level/not much free xp/not a lot of gold) take a lot of play time to get.

2.  You have the economies of scale from attaining numerous top 1% or better players, who are active, with an already built up clan reputation or you have a large amount of contacts (that would get along well) that joined a new clan you made.

3.  You are somehow connected to the Tier 10 slack diplo cartel.     

4. You enjoy playing with 15 tanks vs 10 or 7 by a decent sized margin.

5.  You value the status and dogma around tier 10 (as well as members of Clans who defend their identity/peacock feather through trashing other tiered clans wars) over your own values or those in your clan

6. You don't mind doing worse than you would in other tiered clan wars vs the perceived rewards at tier 10 and (if your clan is above average, just about average, average, or bad) you don't mind subjugating your clan to losing much more as well as possibly risking the internal integrity of the clan.  

Just wrong on so many levels. 

Vornado #65 Posted Oct 17 2016 - 22:55

Major

• Players
  • 10290 battles
  • [D-0-S] D-0-S

View PostSovietMemeBear, on Oct 17 2016 - 15:32, said:

Just wrong on so many levels. 

great retort, you really told em

SovietMemeBear #66 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 13:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18260 battles

View PostVornado, on Oct 17 2016 - 21:55, said:

great retort, you really told em

Luigi and DOS? That's a lot of autism. 

SlyGambit #67 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 14:53

Captain

• Players
  • 25387 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostOvermind25, on Oct 17 2016 - 14:59, said:

You should try it.  Maybe you won't suck at it.  If you do find out you suck at it then you could attempt to suck less.  

It's a difficult concept but sucking less tends to be quite rewarding over the long term.

Silvers_ #68 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 15:00

Major

• Players
  • 39307 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostOvermind25, on Oct 17 2016 - 13:59, said:

Tier 10 is only superior if one or more of the following are primary (T10 is the End Game content of this game. It's the elite dungeon in WoW or any MMORPG)

1. You have players in your clan that have played the game for a very long time or have focused on getting 3 or more competitive tier 10 tanks early in their account.  Lock times are very long and tier 10s for most people (if you have a lower skill level/not much free xp/not a lot of gold) take a lot of play time to get. You don't need people who have played for a long time. You just need people with at least 3 CW viable tanks. One of the better things from 1.0 was the fact that a protracted war would require people to adjust strats to take into account non-viable cw tanks.Having viable CW tanks in 2.0 is even more valuable than in 1.0.

2.  You have the economies of scale from attaining numerous top 1% or better players, who are active, with an already built up clan reputation or you have a large amount of contacts (that would get along well) that joined a new clan you made. The top players shift among a few clans true but that's true of anything. The major problem is there is a lack of good/decent training clans. There are very few "bluenicum" type clans like Foxey, Bunny, Nuggs, etc that could punch above their weight class and was a breeding ground for the purple players. Outside the top 10 clans now couldn't hold a candle to the top 25 or so from just a few years ago.

3.  You are somehow connected to the Tier 10 slack diplo cartel.     LOL diplo cartel. LOL diplo's not really done as much as it was in CW 1.0 as in 2.0 because 2.0 hinders fighting by it's nature. 

4. You enjoy playing with 15 tanks vs 10 or 7 by a decent sized margin. T10 is End game, T8 is mid game and t6 is starter zone. Nothing about liking one over the other. Using the MMORPG model T10 is endgame, T8 is the mid level dungeon and T6 is the entry level dungeon.

5.  You value the status and dogma around tier 10 (as well as members of Clans who defend their identity/peacock feather through trashing other tiered clans wars) over your own values or those in your clan Once again T10 is the end game and should be considered as much. the lower tiered clans are trashed because you think you know it all and are using that tier to seal club newer clans instead of learning and moving up like it was supposed to be in theory.

6. You don't mind doing worse than you would in other tiered clan wars vs the perceived rewards at tier 10 and (if your clan is above average, just about average, average, or bad) you don't mind subjugating your clan to losing much more as well as possibly risking the internal integrity of the clan.  You should want to do better. Learn from better clans by facing them in battle. Review the battle replays and see what worked and didn't. How did they deploy, how did they push, was their focus fire better than yours? Did you make the mistake and give them free HP, etc. Sticking your head in the sand isn't going to help you.

Nehalim #69 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 18:56

Major

• Players
  • 28445 battles
  • [ITDED] ITDED

Same regurgitated false crying from an alt account. Hey, even if they make CW tier 1, people like you will still cry about how clans bully you off the map

The real reason, alt account OP is that nobody worth playing against plays this game anymore. All that's left is the bottom feeders like you to continue to whine about [edited]knows what. High end gameplay is dead. There are no games in tier 10, you can't field teams, and even if you can, there is no soul in it as people are just meh whats the point.

Because there is no point. There hasn't been point to CW for a long time. It's not fun, there is no competition, there is no gold. And to even waste your time on that, you have to grind mindless boxes constantly.

But you keep drinking the 3 year old cool aid of how its alliances or people bullying others off the map. People like just need an excuse I suppose as to why you never got anywhere. Its a dead game... you can literally go on the tier 10 map and take it now, assuming you had the attendance. Literally... nobody would stop you. Nobody would even give a [edited]. So go for it.

mumblecorefilms #70 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 20:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34051 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E
to me, tier 6 clan wars is a loss, due to the fact, the cost to capture land isn't worth it.. for 24 or 48 gold a day... it cost me $2.97 to buy 500 gold coins. chump change these days..... better to just not play it, and buy gold with the loose change in my pocket.

MajorVom #71 Posted Jan 05 2017 - 07:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23156 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
I think this is why Clan Wars is dead. Who has time to waste 15 minutes waiting for a battle????

roten1 #72 Posted Jan 05 2017 - 23:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29311 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D
well ill disagree, we play tier 6, going tier 8 this season but also staying on the 6 for newer players and hippo doesn't roll over the map, they are a clan that puts up a good fight, but they can be beat, most of the time people just ally up with them and ride along, if you remember 2 season ago when they were posting all that crap about being bullied, I was EO of one of the clans battling with them that's was some of the best  battles I ever seen and was happy to be part of, all the clans involved were trying to bring in smaller clans to help, the sh#t was fun, nothing but love for hippo, people really need to quit complaining and just attack those clan on the map and have fun doing it, since it is a game "but that's my point of view" hf and gl may the mm gods smile upon you:P

roten1 #73 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 01:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29311 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D
it is clan wars------- WARS----all is fair in love and war we are a rebuilding clan with members from all over, we luv the challenge of upper clans to battle, couple of nights ago we rolled a top 10 clan in skirms and have rolled a few, the guys luv it, it drives them to play better and shows them any clan be beat. if people must complain choose a topic worth complaining about like aimbot and the ton of illegal mods running thru the game, that's worth complaining about:facepalm:  p.s. when a clan is in battle with another clan it is fair to jump in and pound on them too because most of the clans do it haven't seen one clan hold back when it comes to taking land.

Edited by roten1, Jan 06 2017 - 01:23.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users