UK Brexit independence day UK freedom God save the queen

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Horribad_At_Tanks #41 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 11:36

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View Postthandiflight, on Jun 24 2016 - 05:27, said:

Oh yes it is. Do I need to explain irony? Read what you wrote. It is ironic. First two questions then your statement.

Hey I respect sovereignty and the rule of Law. I have experienced your CABP on a valid passport and ESTA and I am surprised anybody would want to visit your Country let alone try to get in illegally. As far as I know an illegal immigrant is not allowed any social services in the USA but I stand to be corrected. As for building a 30 ft wall all that will result in is a dramatic increase in the sale of 31 ft ladders and 30 ft ropes.

As for the British - particularly the English - getting along with the rest of Europe whoever came up with that idea? Aside from the economic implications I am sure the rest of Europe heaved a huge collective sign of relief. No disrespect intended.

I'm assuming your own country has no issues with letting in millions of undocumented immigrants and welcomes them with open arms and gives them loads of unearned benefits? Care to name it perchance? As to the social services illegals can even vote and have voted and also gotten earned income credits for tens of thousands of dollars for a few hundred dollars of reported income and on and on and on. Methinks you are not very informed on the subject and the absolute mess it's caused. ;) As for the brits this will eventually be considered one of the great turning points for the better in their history once the short term fallout clears up. 

RanLSX #42 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 11:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 563 battles

View PostTolos, on Jun 24 2016 - 04:25, said:

As an Englishman I believe this is a mistake of colossal proportions.

​Why is that? I haven't heard your side of the issue yet. I've listened to everyone else's opinion on the matter except for an Englishman who wants to remain with the EU.

BTW, I realize there's youtube videos explaining both sides that I could watch, but my sound is turned off on my computer and I'd like to keep it that way.      

baxter_105 #43 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 11:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8927 battles

Congrats to our British cousins for having the balls to reclaim your nation!!!

Make America Great Again!

Vote early, vote often, and VOTE TRUMP!

"T - R - U - M - P - we're gonna dump, Hillary"

Horribad_At_Tanks #44 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 11:49

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View Postbaxter_105, on Jun 24 2016 - 05:43, said:

Congrats to our British cousins for having the balls to reclaim your nation!!!

Make America Great Again!

Vote early, vote often, and VOTE TRUMP!

"T - R - U - M - P - we're gonna dump, Hillary"

Where your vote will count isn't for the president it will be ousting the incumbents who have forged dynasties over their decades of entrenchment. Those are the ones responsible for letting the current sitting president get away with what he has and those same ones will either support or hinder whoever is elected.

driesp #45 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 14:17

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
Happy self-destruction day UK

Cutthroatlemur #46 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 14:46

Major

• Players
  • 19638 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Jun 24 2016 - 02:36, said:

I'm assuming your own country has no issues with letting in millions of undocumented immigrants and welcomes them with open arms and gives them loads of unearned benefits? Care to name it perchance? As to the social services illegals can even vote and have voted and also gotten earned income credits for tens of thousands of dollars for a few hundred dollars of reported income and on and on and on. Methinks you are not very informed on the subject and the absolute mess it's caused. ;) As for the brits this will eventually be considered one of the great turning points for the better in their history once the short term fallout clears up. 

you are so full of false info it's amazing.

the facts are:  

1.  Illegal immigration to the US is a red herring, being used by one candidate to gin up support from feeble minded and racist voters.  Net immigration from Mexico is nearly 0 and has been dropping steadily since 2007.

2.  The vast majority of undocumented folks are hard working, tax paying, productive members of our society.  They have a significantly lower rate of criminal activity than natural born citizens.

3.  They do not and cannot vote.

4.  They do not and cannot recieve social security or Medicare.

5.  The wall would be a horrible waste of $20+billion dollars and would not help as most immigration happens by airplane when folks overstay their visas.  The wall would also require the goverment to seize private property along the border and be an environmental disaster.

the US has real problems and this is not one of them...

now back to GB and thier latest mistake.

Nukelavee45 #47 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 15:07

Major

• Players
  • 17742 battles

View PostTolos, on Jun 24 2016 - 10:25, said:

As an Englishman I believe this is a mistake of colossal proportions.

I've got a lot of British friends, most of them side with you on that, Tolos.

mariuslecter #48 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 16:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20038 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY

RIP Great Britain

You'd rather slit your own throat than have more foreigners come and take your women and pillage your pension and healthcare money.

But BREXIT didn't even do that lol GJ dummies

Shrike58 #49 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 16:38

Major

• Players
  • 70470 battles

View Postdriesp, on Jun 24 2016 - 08:17, said:

Happy self-destruction day UK

At the end of the day this is mostly about Cameron's enemies in the Tory Party cornering him to do away with him.  That there is already an effort in Parliament to disavow yesterday's referendum on the grounds that it didn't draw out 75% of the electorate suggests that with Cameron's demise the main agenda has been achieved.

Now...if the Brexit supporters had made the argument that the Euro was too much of a hot mess to risk being drawn into that would be another thing; but that's not the argument that was made.

Edited by Shrike58, Jun 24 2016 - 16:40.

GAJohnnie #50 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 16:39

Major

• Players
  • 10595 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postkebab6597, on Jun 24 2016 - 01:46, said:

As a Brit i can tell you we most certainly wont be begging to be back into the EU infact expect many more EU members to be holding referendums in the near future 

Thank you OP for wishing us well on our new independence day :)

I never understood why any average person thought the EU was a good idea. Turning over control of every aspect of your society to a collection of unaccountable to anyone bureaucrats was never going to turn our well. Anyone who thinks it is a "good idea" should have to deal with the VA or the the IRS daily for a year.

As for the "Pound dropping like a stone" that actually helpful to the UK Economy since it makes UK exports more competitive globally and imports to the UK more expensive.

Edited by GAJohnnie, Jun 24 2016 - 16:41.

TheGhostCat #51 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 16:43

Major

• Players
  • 20380 battles
  • [LAMDA] LAMDA
Good on the UK, they'll be stronger then most of EU in a few short years.

Nukelavee45 #52 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 17742 battles
Annnnd... one the the Exit leaders has just admitted they lied about one of their major promises, to dump 350 million pounds into the NHS instead of the EU.

View PostGAJohnnie, on Jun 24 2016 - 16:39, said:

I never understood why any average person thought the EU was a good idea. Turning over control of every aspect of your society to a collection of unaccountable to anyone bureaucrats was never going to turn our well. Anyone who thinks it is a "good idea" should have to deal with the VA or the the IRS daily for a year.

As for the "Pound dropping like a stone" that actually helpful to the UK Economy since it makes UK exports more competitive globally and imports to the UK more expensive.

The same kind of people who thought it was better to have one country composed of numerous states rather then an uncoordinated mass of small little petty nations.

Having unified standards, currency, easier border crossings... imagine needing your passport and a money changer every time you cross a state line.

Mind you, the irony of people from a nation that fought an incredibly destructive war that still causes issues, because they refused to let other states become independent is vast.

KenadianCSJ #53 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 16:55

Major

• Players
  • 14824 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY
Dunno if the EU will fall from this or not (probably won't), but it's already seeming like the English and Welsh signed the death certificate of the UK. 

KenadianCSJ #54 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 16:56

Major

• Players
  • 14824 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

View PostTheGhostCat, on Jun 24 2016 - 10:43, said:

Good on the UK, they'll be stronger then most of EU in a few short years.

Is that before or after the UK loses nearly 10 million people?

wh1skybarrel #55 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 21454 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

And now it simply is as it was before (and not too very long ago at that).

Biggest change like this I remember in my lifetime is when the Wall came down and there was no longer a U.S.S.R.  Took me forever to stop referring to those countries by their former names (IE. Czechoslvakia, etc.).  The end of the cold war (as we knew it) was a very strange thing for someone who grew up in it, and for so long.

The key words here are "National Preservation".

Edited by wh1skybarrel, Jun 24 2016 - 17:10.

KenadianCSJ #56 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 17:00

Major

• Players
  • 14824 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY
Do the leave voters expect to regain the benefits they had as part of the EU without the obligations/costs? I'm honestly wondering, because if so then they're in for a rude awakening.

kebab6597 #57 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 17:07

Major

• Players
  • 58054 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
What has happened in the UK is democracy at work thankfully we are now heading away from probably the most undemocratic union ever devised  

KenadianCSJ #58 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 17:17

Major

• Players
  • 14824 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY
While also losing Scotland and Northern Ireland in the process. 

Ubiquinate #59 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 18:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13875 battles

View PostShrike58, on Jun 24 2016 - 08:38, said:

That there is already an effort in Parliament to disavow yesterday's referendum on the grounds that it didn't draw out 75% of the electorate suggests that with Cameron's demise the main agenda has been achieved.

That won't happen, the level of turnout was higher than last year's general election and Leave got a comfortable ~4 point victory. Disavowing the results would implode the Conservatives and all but guarantee some form of UKIP government in the near future.

It's much like Trump's nomination, that effort is buyer's remorse from a group of people who never thought this result could ever happen. Between job security and overturning this result, they'll choose job security.

As for the EU, it won't collapse overnight, but if we now see successful referendums on EU membership in France, Italy, and potentially Spain (which cannot be denied after letting Britain have one), then the whole thing will fall apart.

WilhelmvonPreussen #60 Posted Jun 24 2016 - 18:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1 battle
  • [GSH] GSH

Enoch was right and the Brits are finally realizing this. Well done Britain. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users