wrong position on list

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Will_of_Iron #1 Posted Jul 26 2011 - 18:23

Major

• Players
  • 30645 battles
  • [1STBB] 1STBB
Don't know if it's a bug but here goes. I often end up not where the list on the loading screen says. Sometimes I'm told I will be the 7th tank on the list and I'm the 2nd last for example. It's frustrating because I don't plan the fight the right way and then 1/2 way into my strategy I notice that it was wrong.

Avocet #2 Posted Jul 26 2011 - 18:30

Major

• Players
  • 12943 battles
I've seen it happen, so I know what you're talking about. However, I've never spent a lot of time trying to figure out why it happens.

Basically, they list each team by tier, then sort the tiers by tank name (alphabetical?), then they sort common tank names by user nickname. One of those listing factors (tank type?) must not be active on the loading screen sometimes.

As for how it affects you - my advice is to always look through the whole list and have an understanding of each team's makeup and how your tank fits into that anyway. Position on the list doesn't mean a whole lot, really. If half the team (7 of 15) is tier 5 and it's a tier 3-5 fight, then the guy in "7th" is just as meaningful as the guy in "1st".

Ironmonger69 #3 Posted Jul 26 2011 - 18:37

Major

• Players
  • 7146 battles
Yes, I would recommend learning the tanks and their respective roles and using that as your guide for planning rather than positioning.  I've seen a tier 5 light at the top of a list that included a tier 4 Heavy; doesn't mean the light should be taking on a heavy's role.  I know what you mean about planning, but the first thing to go out the window in any fight is the plan, so be flexible.  A plan is just a list of things that aren't going to happen.  (Where have I heard that before?)

Will_of_Iron #4 Posted Jul 26 2011 - 18:46

Major

• Players
  • 30645 battles
  • [1STBB] 1STBB
well yes but I end up being tiered differently too. The load screen shows that the top tank is going for be for example a T29 but in game it's an IS-4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users