• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

GAJohnnie #301 Posted Jun 20 2018 - 15:03

Major

• Players
  • 9204 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostTrevorsT112, on Jun 19 2018 - 20:34, said:

Thanks GAJonnie, I was able to work the voice thingy out. Still interested in hearing from him on the PZ IV. Schmalturrn. He seems to know the German line.

Yeah he really does. He encouraged me to try  the German tanks and I really like them.

mongoosejake #302 Posted Jun 20 2018 - 20:11

Major

• Players
  • 33183 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View PostTrevorsT112, on Jun 15 2018 - 07:38, said:

Great thread Jake. Really enjoyed reading through it and watching all the great video's. Just curious, how do you get the German voice in your game play? If that is a setting, I must have missed it. Also, can you comment on the PZ IV. Schmalturrn? It was previoiusly deleated from the store, and is now on offer as a premium tier VI. I am new to the game and would like a tier VI for strongholds. Reading the description, it sounds a little like the PZ T25, slow travers, but with maybe better turret armour and gun. Any thoughts?

Sorry to have been away (to everyone).

On the Pz IV S: The best analogy is that it plays like a German Jackson (that's helpful only if you've played the Jackson, lol). It's turret is fairly tough, but the hull is as soft as a sponge. Mobility is only good enough to lug the heavy turret and great gun around, so no scouting. The thing is a support tank at the finest though, with great gun stats and a high rate of fire from a very reliable weapon. If you enjoy turreted tank destroyers, you'd like the Pz IV S quite well.

View PostNot_Connery, on Jun 16 2018 - 06:02, said:

Was just wondering what thoughts you have on the T21 and how to play/grind it?

The T21 is one of my favorite light tanks in the game, as I played it over 200 battles and 3 marked it with above a 60% winrate. The thing is very capable all around, with a low-ish profile, good mobility, a high rate of fire, and good spotting abilities. Now after the match making changes to light tanks, it plays like a sports car version of the E8 Sherman. Faster, lower, and stealthier. Not a bad all around tank, even if you're not normally a light tank fan.

View PostTrevorsT112, on Jun 17 2018 - 21:38, said:

Yeah I would love to get his insight, especially on the T-21. Too bad I wasn't able to unlock anything in that line yet. MJ U still there?

Still around, and even managed to sneak in a number of battles yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, I have only a hour or two for PC time Monday through Thursday lately, as June is really busy where I work, and with a couple of promotions I've been stuck as one of the key people (meaning less early nights...) 

The US light tank lines are all pretty darn good in my opinion. The only one I'm not super happy with is my Bulldog. It got neutered badly.

View PostGAJohnnie, on Jun 19 2018 - 09:17, said:

Yeah MJ is always around. He just has an incredibly busy schedule from time to time. When that happens he has to focus only on his work.

I am friends with him in game so If I see him, I will let him know he has questions on his thread to answer.

Thanks for the heads up Johnnie! I really appreciated it.

View PostTrevorsT112, on Jun 19 2018 - 20:34, said:

Thanks GAJonnie, I was able to work the voice thingy out. Still interested in hearing from him on the PZ IV. Schmalturrn. He seems to know the German line.

I will "eventually" do a review on each German tank in the game. I plan to try and cut down the length of my videos so they're a bit more watchable. I have tended to go overboard on details and chatting where each video went wayyyy past being too long I'm sure. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users