Multiple consumables of same type on one tank

repair kits first aid kits fire extinguishers premium consumables consumables tanks

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

crimsonwolf911 #1 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 02:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

title is self evident, far as Im aware the only way to equip more than one repair kit, for example, is to equip a standard one, and a premium one.  Players should be able to equip two of the same without having to shell out for a premium version of it if they either don't want to, or can't afford to.  Certain tanks in the game just don't catch fire, its a risk that's always there, but certain tanks you might see one out of 20 games, they will catch fire.  On these tanks being able to carry two first aids or two rep kits would be a big boost in convenience, and im pretty sure WG won't lose any money since anyone with a fraction of a brain will be using credits to buy premium ammo and consumables these days, anyone who isn't, well frankly they're not what I'd call a big loss.

UPDATE: a drag and drop system to change what spots we've put our consumables in would not go amiss either, accidentally misplacing a consumable in the 4 key slot when you meant to put it in the 5 key slot is kind of annoying since you can't fix it without either emptying it, or using it and not replacing it.

Edited by crimsonwolf911, Jul 01 2016 - 06:16.

desmaraisp #2 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 02:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31693 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD
1 out of 20 is a lot... One out of 100 would be more reasonnable

crimsonwolf911 #3 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 02:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

View Postdesmaraisp, on Jun 30 2016 - 18:08, said:

1 out of 20 is a lot... One out of 100 would be more reasonnable

fair enough, point is there are tanks in the game that almost never catch fire, even after taking a hit to their fuel tank

Edited by crimsonwolf911, Jul 01 2016 - 02:13.

Reichmonk #4 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 02:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28473 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

+1

(i support this idea, as much as I didn't like your other recent post)

KanataKonoe #5 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 02:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 27772 battles
  • [-L-L-] -L-L-
Great idea +1

desmaraisp #6 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 02:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31693 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View Postcrimsonwolf911, on Jun 30 2016 - 19:12, said:

fair enough, point is there are tanks in the game that almost never catch fire, even after taking a hit to their fuel tank

I agree with your idea anyway :great:

crimsonwolf911 #7 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 03:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

View PostReichmonk, on Jun 30 2016 - 18:42, said:

+1

(i support this idea, as much as I didn't like your other recent post)

well you probably wont like my reply either then

Dratt_Dastardly #8 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 03:02

Major

• Players
  • 29087 battles

But then you start taking away the effects of skills and perks.  Not to mention equipment.

There are many ways to protect your tank.  And while most are not complete fixes, they can be substantial bonus to prevent or lessen those negativities.

Some of those that use both a Repair Kit and Large Repair Kit are not just wanting to repair damaged modules.  They want the added bonuses the Large Repair Kit gives but they use the standard Repair Kit for actual fixes.  These guys may only burn the Large one if it was very necessary.  

If you are personally having problems with a certain tank with damaged modules and what not, look at all your options.

With my Jumbo, I'm expecting to be shot with HE because of my trolling turret armor.  I also know I'll be one of the primary targets of artillery.  So I equipped a spall liner.  I have very few times where my crew gets injured by HE.

My Jumbo and T10 crew also have skills in Repair (remember % of the skill for tank is divided between crew that has it, so a crew of four with one trained in Repair 100%, is only 25% for the tank).  Some have Firefighter, Armorer, Safe Stowage, Jack of Trades and Preventive Maintenance.  All of this to help limit the chances of module damage or the penalties when a module is damaged.

crimsonwolf911 #9 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 03:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

View PostDratt_Dastardly, on Jun 30 2016 - 19:02, said:

But then you start taking away the effects of skills and perks.  Not to mention equipment.

There are many ways to protect your tank.  And while most are not complete fixes, they can be substantial bonus to prevent or lessen those negativities.

Some of those that use both a Repair Kit and Large Repair Kit are not just wanting to repair damaged modules.  They want the added bonuses the Large Repair Kit gives but they use the standard Repair Kit for actual fixes.  These guys may only burn the Large one if it was very necessary.  

If you are personally having problems with a certain tank with damaged modules and what not, look at all your options.

With my Jumbo, I'm expecting to be shot with HE because of my trolling turret armor.  I also know I'll be one of the primary targets of artillery.  So I equipped a spall liner.  I have very few times where my crew gets injured by HE.

My Jumbo and T10 crew also have skills in Repair (remember % of the skill for tank is divided between crew that has it, so a crew of four with one trained in Repair 100%, is only 25% for the tank).  Some have Firefighter, Armorer, Safe Stowage, Jack of Trades and Preventive Maintenance.  All of this to help limit the chances of module damage or the penalties when a module is damaged.

not certain where you're going with this, but I think you're worried about the bonuses prem kits and consumables give.  I'm not asking for that to change, just to be able to equip more than one of the same kit/consumable on my tanks, are you worried about ppl trying to stack the bonuses? easy fix, don't make it stackable, that's all.

7siiver7 #10 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 04:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16375 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

I feel the problem lies within how punishing some damaged modules present.

On one side, taking steps to negate or adapt to a disadvantage is a skill in this game, and overcoming such challenges is a highlight of this game.

On the other side, becoming absolutely crippled randomly by a damaging shot can be arguably unfair. Two players in the exact same tank can shoot each other, but one gets ammo racked and the other doesn't.

Being able to simply negate damaged modules with multiple consumables is...not the best way to fix this problem. It would get rid of the skill & enjoyment of adapting to a disadvantage, and it can be argued that it's simply a waste of credits.

I feel the perfect balance would be to lower the punishment of having a damaged module, e.g a normal 10s reload becomes 15s with a damaged ammo rack instead of 20s. Or a dead driver / damaged engine only reduces your mobility by x1.5 instead of x2. Meanwhile, if a player chooses to, he can carry two of the same type of SMALL consumable (e.g two small repair kits -- he cannot carry two large repair kits). However, the current mechanic of one of each is still fine.

Suggestions? Arguments?

Edited by 7siiver7, Jul 01 2016 - 04:06.

crimsonwolf911 #11 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 04:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

View Post7siiver7, on Jun 30 2016 - 20:04, said:

I feel the problem lies within how punishing some damaged modules present.

On one side, taking steps to negate or adapt to a disadvantage is a skill in this game, and overcoming such challenges is a highlight of this game.

On the other side, becoming absolutely crippled randomly by a damaging shot can be arguably unfair. Two players in the exact same tank can shoot each other, but one gets ammo racked and the other doesn't.

Being able to simply negate damaged modules with multiple consumables is...not the best way to fix this problem. It would get rid of the skill & enjoyment of adapting to a disadvantage, and it can be argued that it's simply a waste of credits.

I feel the perfect balance would be to lower the punishment of having a damaged module, e.g a normal 10s reload becomes 15s with a damaged ammo rack instead of 20s. Or a dead driver / damaged engine only reduces your mobility by x1.5 instead of x2. Meanwhile, if a player chooses to, he can carry two of the same type of SMALL consumable (e.g two small repair kits -- he cannot carry two large repair kits). However, the current mechanic of one of each is still fine.

Suggestions? Arguments?

it wouldn't get rid of the challenge, it would just make it less difficult to counter the problem, and give players something that alot of us need badly, especially when RNGesus rears his head and screws us out of our ammo rack twice in a row after we use our repair kit the first time it gets knocked out.  Same goes for other modules and for knocked out crewmen.

jawmonkey #12 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 04:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 54549 battles
  • [LKY13] LKY13
I've tried to mix it up but I really like my Exting/repair/1st aid setup and just use it for all my tanks (due to muscle memory). Having to rebind the exting from the spacebar back to the #4 slot has been excruciating (I've been tapping spacebars for 5 years and now due to the new physics I tell myself I need the brake there).

panzerkampfwagen9991 #13 Posted Jul 01 2016 - 04:43

Captain

• Players
  • 27789 battles
  • [QUACK] QUACK
Even though it might not be evident, it's one more thing that boosts premium time sales. WG isn't really losing much with credits for premium ammo instead of gold only. Now more will buy premium time and premium tanks. Anyways I guess it would be a good change nonetheless.

crimsonwolf911 #14 Posted Jul 11 2016 - 17:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

View Postpanzerkampfwagen9991, on Jun 30 2016 - 20:43, said:

Even though it might not be evident, it's one more thing that boosts premium time sales. WG isn't really losing much with credits for premium ammo instead of gold only. Now more will buy premium time and premium tanks. Anyways I guess it would be a good change nonetheless.

I can't really see how it affects prem time sales...not sure i can see that far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users