Weekly 5v5 for July 11 - 15

Weekly 5v5 Tier V July 11-15

34 replies to this topic

lbgsloan #21 Posted Jul 09 2016 - 00:20

Major

• Players
  • 21116 battles

45 group stage battles, all five weekdays for those prizes?  Even the Summer Play tournament looks better than this, as at least the top 16 get 3k minimum for only 27 group stage battles over three days there.

If you want to reduce tournament gold payouts, since this is obviously what this is about despite the insistence otherwise, so be it; but at least bring back the old skirmish format.  This format is simply not worth giving up your evening every weekday.

RECON_RANGER #22 Posted Jul 10 2016 - 03:01

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

View Post_verminator_, on Jul 07 2016 - 23:57, said:

Where is WG reading these feedbacks and creating new tournament formats from? Because as far as I know, all the feedbacks have been about bringing back the old tournament format. Not this garbage format.

Clearly, they are reading our feed backs guys.

Your funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WG reading feedback and caring what players think!

LOLLLL

Edited by R__E__C__O__N, Jul 10 2016 - 03:01.

Effnn #23 Posted Jul 10 2016 - 20:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39232 battles

Team Short Bus Raiders

is looking for players. Need to have

a wn8 of 1100+ , 1500+ recent.

Must be able to play all nights.

You will need more the 1 tier 5 tank.

Meds , lights and hvys. Good tanks

with good crews. T67, M7 , Chaffee and

others will be used.

PM me in game first, here at forums I will check about 6/7 eastern tonight.

DarkNinja_ #24 Posted Jul 11 2016 - 05:41

Corporal

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 25563 battles
  • [WASHD] WASHD

I desperately need a team for the early tournament.  I have any tank that you need with a good crew, and I can show up every day.  PM me IN GAME if you are interested.

k_a_a_o_s #25 Posted Jul 12 2016 - 15:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 15874 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER
I would think they are concerned that this tournament has generated less than 2 pages of posts.  I sense most players have relegated WG's tournament choices to the "blah blah blah" part of our brains.  No updates, no clarity in format.  They may care less than we do.

mpank #26 Posted Jul 12 2016 - 20:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17280 battles
  • [FATE] FATE
This tournament is featured on gosutactics: http://gosutactics.com/tournaments436-weekly-5v5/

ThanksRNG #27 Posted Jul 14 2016 - 18:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 764 battles
  • [SNRK] SNRK

I have to say this format is pretty much garbage in comparison to the skirmishes.

Way too much effort for half the reward for less teams.

Please do away with this and bring back the skirmishes so the not so good teams at least have something to play for and the better teams at least get a decent reward for being on top.

RECON_RANGER #28 Posted Jul 15 2016 - 02:59

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

Dance,

I know WG only has 1 reserve player for the 5x5 to reduce GOLD payouts since that is the only legitimate reason, but our team has been short for prob 1/3 of the battles and we are still top 7 because we are playing MANY short teams.  We are short all night tonight (Thursday) with only 4 players, but the first two teams tonight had 3 and 4.  It is pretty ridiculous that there is only one reserve player just so WG can reduce GOLD payouts since that is really the only reason to not have more reserve players.  

Does WG not understand people have lives and this is just a game people play as a hobby? 

One of our guys has an older brother in the hospital so he's out all week.  Another guy had to work tonight, u know, a JOB, so we are short all night.  There should be at least 2 reserve players.  It makes WG look very unprofessional to run a tourney and have so many short teams.   

How would the NFL look if they were short players for games?  No, I am not comparing WOT's to the NFL, IM just saying professional organizations organize games so they have full teams of players competing. 

RECON

Edited by R__E__C__O__N, Jul 15 2016 - 04:06.

RECON_RANGER #29 Posted Jul 15 2016 - 04:08

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

View PostThanksRNG, on Jul 14 2016 - 18:12, said:

I have to say this format is pretty much garbage in comparison to the skirmishes.

Way too much effort for half the reward for less teams.

Please do away with this and bring back the skirmishes so the not so good teams at least have something to play for and the better teams at least get a decent reward for being on top.

A-men.

If you are under 30% after the first two days you may as well quit because your chances of making top 50% for gold are very low and even then it is only 1000 gold. 

Edited by R__E__C__O__N, Jul 15 2016 - 04:08.

ViolentViolet #30 Posted Jul 15 2016 - 14:07

Major

• Players
  • 56629 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

As this 5 v 5 winds down, I think my team's census is pretty clear.

1. This tourney was WAY too much work and coin cost (fitting the tanks, ammo, etc) and time for the prizes. We are currently in 5th, and if we hold that we will get 2500. For five nights that makes this tourney pay out 500 a night. Which means it makes more sense to do the platournaments- which require less commitment and less coordination (smaller teams)... plus platournaments are run at the exact same time so players have to choose and due to very few reservist most cannot play both. 

2. I had a very dedicated team, who all showed up every night so far, but we have run across many teams a man down. They don't have a chance against us. Just 1 reserve for a 5 man team is that lasts a week is Really Really Rough. At least 2, and preferably 3. 

Suggestions for change? 

1. Increase Prizes. Make this kind of commitment worthwhile and allow 3 reservist. That increase could be much more gold, or maybe a little more gold and add very good credit Prizes. 

Or at least shorten the length of tourney, like do a Mon- Wed tourney with these kind of prizes. And maybe a Fri- Sun Tourney. I kind of favor the shorter lengths, because 5 days is a long time to run the same map again and again as well. Would still need to increase reservists. A 5 man team NEEDS more than just 1, even if it is a 3 day tourney.

sigh. I also have a team for the summer play, but after seeing the work for this tourney that is only a week, vs the prize breakdown.. I am wondering if I should even put my team through summer play....isn't this suppose to be fun?

TheHuffpuff #31 Posted Jul 15 2016 - 15:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12299 battles

View PostViolentViolet, on Jul 15 2016 - 14:07, said:

As this 5 v 5 winds down, I think my team's census is pretty clear.

1. This tourney was WAY too much work and coin cost (fitting the tanks, ammo, etc) and time for the prizes. We are currently in 5th, and if we hold that we will get 2500. For five nights that makes this tourney pay out 500 a night. Which means it makes more sense to do the platournaments- which require less commitment and less coordination (smaller teams)... plus platournaments are run at the exact same time so players have to choose and due to very few reservist most cannot play both. 

2. I had a very dedicated team, who all showed up every night so far, but we have run across many teams a man down. They don't have a chance against us. Just 1 reserve for a 5 man team is that lasts a week is Really Really Rough. At least 2, and preferably 3. 

Suggestions for change? 

1. Increase Prizes. Make this kind of commitment worthwhile and allow 3 reservist. That increase could be much more gold, or maybe a little more gold and add very good credit Prizes. 

Or at least shorten the length of tourney, like do a Mon- Wed tourney with these kind of prizes. And maybe a Fri- Sun Tourney. I kind of favor the shorter lengths, because 5 days is a long time to run the same map again and again as well. Would still need to increase reservists. A 5 man team NEEDS more than just 1, even if it is a 3 day tourney.

sigh. I also have a team for the summer play, but after seeing the work for this tourney that is only a week, vs the prize breakdown.. I am wondering if I should even put my team through summer play....isn't this suppose to be fun?

I like all of these suggestions.  I also don't suggest the summer play, you have to be top 16 just like in this tourney to get anything worthwhile.  It'll be too stressful for ultimately too little reward.  Reason I'm not doing it.

MapleThePrincess #32 Posted Jul 16 2016 - 00:58

Private

• Players
  • 26551 battles
  • [KANT0] KANT0

some1 can help ?

early and late count in 1 in the final result ?

spedkey #33 Posted Jul 16 2016 - 02:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15618 battles

I don't get why some players are participating. Honestly.

It's all been said. It is clear. WG knows what it did.

So let's wait while boycotting until WG do what's right.

They still have half a month with this nonsense -if they didn't lie, actually- and to think if they want to kill the game now or just later.

Edited by spedkey, Jul 16 2016 - 02:24.

Chemo_ #34 Posted Jul 16 2016 - 20:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 73590 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

In regards to this format.... NO MORE .. Tenacity will not be signing up for it..  Mon to Fri everyday and an hour and a half committed to playing for little reward..

NO THANKS

Bring back the old skirmishes

Screw this [edited]

roestreyev #35 Posted Jul 19 2016 - 11:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 44827 battles
  • [SKORP] SKORP

So there were 2 different tournaments? Funny, I only saw one tournament I could join, with the option of playing early or late.

Why did you split the 2 groups for the final standings? We were in top 25% overall (counting the early group). We got screwed of 500 gold...

Win ratio of 0.716

The early group didn't even use their top 25% because the didn't have enough teams.

Why split teams for final standings???

Same ratio would have been 8th place in the early group LOL

I know what group I'll pick next time...

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users