WoT stops listening to my commands

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Lhos #1 Posted Jul 27 2011 - 15:07

Major

• Players
  • 11542 battles
Every so often, WoT decides to stop taking input from me. My ping remains at its usual 100-150ms, the lag light is green, and everyone moves around just fine. My tank just stops listening to me, even though my turret spins around (which means WoT still has keyboard/mouse focus). I would assume it's a lag spike if everyone -else- stopped moving as well, because that
s what it looks like as far as how my vehicle responds, but the rest of the vehicles continue to move about and fire as normal.

Interestingly, a variation of this problem just happened: I could move just fine, but couldn't fire. My gun wasn't damaged, ammo was loaded, etc. Left-clicking just wouldn't fire the gun.

Stranger still is that restarting WoT fixes the issue, and I can even rejoin the battle in progress just fine. I have a standard keyboard/mouse with no special programs installed to handle their input.

Schwarze_Raven #2 Posted Jul 27 2011 - 15:19

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11528 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
Honestly coming into this topic off the main page (Clicked recent topics sidebar) I thought you were going to be whining about how you can't be Armchair general all the time, I guess I was wrong. Yeah, I had that happen a few times as well. I almost had the last hurrah on a Artillery piece in my S35. Oddly my cannon wouldn't fire until after it was killed by a teammate (Also in a S35)

Schwarze_Raven #3 Posted Jul 27 2011 - 15:20

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11528 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
I'd just blame packet loss. Because I have moments where the vehicle will stop and not move for so long, then all of a sudden I have my ass to the enemy and half-past dead;

Lhos #4 Posted Jul 27 2011 - 15:34

Major

• Players
  • 11542 battles

View PostChrisMarsh, on Jul 27 2011 - 15:20, said:

I'd just blame packet loss. Because I have moments where the vehicle will stop and not move for so long, then all of a sudden I have my ass to the enemy and half-past dead;

If it was packet loss, I'd expect to see everyone else flying around every so often too, which doesn't happen - they move and fire smoothly. I just can't control my tank until I restart WoT, even though the menu still comes up when I press escape. Chat and whatnot works too ("Back to Base", "Attack", etc).

teamSG1 #5 Posted Jul 27 2011 - 15:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2892 battles
Ive experienced the same thing. I will be driving around allies or something and all of a sudden i slow down without touching anything and then we just freeze in place. Then a few seconds later i pop up in an area of the direction that i was moving.

Lhos #6 Posted Jul 27 2011 - 15:43

Major

• Players
  • 11542 battles

View PostteamSG1, on Jul 27 2011 - 15:35, said:

Ive experienced the same thing. I will be driving around allies or something and all of a sudden i slow down without touching anything and then we just freeze in place. Then a few seconds later i pop up in an area of the direction that i was moving.

Again, that's not what's happening. I'm not teleporting around, nor is anyone else, and my ping is fine - my tank just stops responding even though the turret still looks around.

Avocet #7 Posted Jul 27 2011 - 16:16

Major

• Players
  • 12943 battles
I think I do know what you're talking about, and it does feel different from normal lag. I had a match the other day where I could move the tank just fine, and everything else was as normal, EXCEPT that when I fired my gun, it wouldn't fire.

The odd thing was that it would still make the firing noise. But it also showed that it was ready to fire right away (no reload), the shell count did not decrease, and the enemy was not hit. After a few minutes, I was able to fire normally. Not sure what happened either.

It's the only time that's happened to me, and I did nothing special to "fix" it.

Lhos #8 Posted Jul 27 2011 - 17:08

Major

• Players
  • 11542 battles

View Postbronco330, on Jul 27 2011 - 16:16, said:

I think I do know what you're talking about, and it does feel different from normal lag. I had a match the other day where I could move the tank just fine, and everything else was as normal, EXCEPT that when I fired my gun, it wouldn't fire.

The odd thing was that it would still make the firing noise. But it also showed that it was ready to fire right away (no reload), the shell count did not decrease, and the enemy was not hit. After a few minutes, I was able to fire normally. Not sure what happened either.

It's the only time that's happened to me, and I did nothing special to "fix" it.

That's pretty much exactly what happened on the most recent occasion. The firing animation would play, but no shell actually fired. The gun never reloaded (or unloaded, for that matter), and it would play the animation every second or so as long as I kept clicking.

bigmouse #9 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 12:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23976 battles
  • [DHO] DHO
This happened to me once or twice too.  But it was only temporary, maybe a packet loss.  It is different than lag, when I lag (happened rarely but more than packet loss), I feel my tank stop then when lag stops it will 'jump' several meters away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users