[0.9.17.0.1] Classic's Skin Workshop | Early beta of Israeli Desert Base pack released! (12/...

japan color swap skin pack czechoslovakia bundeswehr hungary skins germany britain

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

FastestClassic #41 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 04:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22268 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

I don't mean to double-post, but here's an update I didn't see coming... a new pack has been posted: Czechoslovak Primer Grey! 

Download from the hub @ Box.com: https://app.box.com/...assicswotskins 

FastestClassic #42 Posted Aug 20 2016 - 22:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22268 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

Agh, is this a triple-post? [edited], yes it is. Sorry, but it (sort of) had to be done, because...

New skin progress!

(Note: "Zerstörer" = "Destroyer" and "Viel Glück" = "Good Luck", for those of you who don't speak German :harp:)

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to be on the business end of this thing. :bush:

Oh, and the Bert skin should be ready for release soon. Still haven't gotten a response back from Ranzar, sadly, but I'll be sure to give him credit in the description.

NOTE: I'm actually reaching the image limit in the OP, so I might just ditch the spoilers and post imgur gallery links instead. 

EDIT: Skorpian skin released!

Edited by FastestClassic, Aug 20 2016 - 22:52.

FastestClassic #43 Posted Sep 03 2016 - 17:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22268 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

Ugh, I don't wanna quad-post... but, uh, new skin pack...!

German Dunkelgelb pack released! Check the OP for details/download/etc.

Enjoy! :playing:

Milkym4n #44 Posted Sep 03 2016 - 20:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37 battles
Dayum that Dunkelgelb pack is sexy as hell!

FastestClassic #45 Posted Sep 03 2016 - 22:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22268 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostMilkym4n, on Sep 03 2016 - 12:10, said:

Dayum that Dunkelgelb pack is sexy as hell!

Thanks! Took a little while to get close to right, so I'm glad to hear someone likes it, let alone from someone as good at WoT modding as you! :P

Milkym4n #46 Posted Sep 03 2016 - 23:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37 battles
The original grey color is pretty boring tbh and this makes is more lively. Thanks for painting the both of my VK's in the same color, they look so cool now.

FastestClassic #47 Posted Sep 05 2016 - 19:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22268 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostMilkym4n, on Sep 03 2016 - 15:02, said:

The original grey color is pretty boring tbh and this makes is more lively. Thanks for painting the both of my VK's in the same color, they look so cool now.

Ah, no problem! I also attempted to add it to your E 50 HD model, but the color didn't seem to want to work on some of the gun barrels... any idea why that's happening? :amazed:

Oh, and would you look at the time... it's high noon time for a mini-pack! (It's like a normal pack, but smaller :great:  )

Bundeswehr Green Mini-Pack released! (A.k.a. no, I didn't forget about the post-war German vehicles in the Dunkelgelb pack... I excluded them for a reason)

Download from the workshop hub: https://app.box.com/...assicswotskins 

Edited by FastestClassic, Sep 05 2016 - 19:48.

LOUD_METAL #48 Posted Sep 10 2016 - 05:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9599 battles

I'd like a green colour for the British mediums. Similar to the green the Cromwell B currently has.

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/mk13-centurion-royal-engineers-armourgeddon.jpg

Also, where do you get your garage backgrounds from? Is there a way I can use that, because I'm really getting sick of the ugly standard account garage...

Edited by LOUD_METAL, Sep 10 2016 - 05:05.

Avalon304 #49 Posted Sep 10 2016 - 09:34

Major

• Players
  • 13084 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
British green would be pretty cool...

LOUD_METAL #50 Posted Sep 10 2016 - 10:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9599 battles
I think I found it, but it would be hard to see in game... http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/583066-91511-pansys-bronze-green-british-tanks-pack-v11/

FastestClassic #51 Posted Sep 10 2016 - 14:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22268 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostLOUD_METAL, on Sep 09 2016 - 21:02, said:

I'd like a green colour for the British mediums. Similar to the green the Cromwell B currently has.

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/mk13-centurion-royal-engineers-armourgeddon.jpg

Also, where do you get your garage backgrounds from? Is there a way I can use that, because I'm really getting sick of the ugly standard account garage...

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 10 2016 - 01:34, said:

British green would be pretty cool...

Actually, funny you should mention that - I just so happened to be working on something like that over the past few weeks... :P

Should be released Soon™, once I get the icons sorted out (and have time to do so). Maybe later today, but no promises yet, sorry (I've got standardized testing in the morning - yes, on a Saturday, and it lasts from the early morning all the way up until the afternoon... fun stuff).

As for the garage backgrounds, I just use HangMan to switch between them.

Edited by FastestClassic, Sep 10 2016 - 14:52.

FastestClassic #52 Posted Sep 11 2016 - 17:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22268 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

Well, I fixed the post. Hopefully. Please forums don't throw a fit on me

TWO new packs have been released! Well, I say two packs, but it's more like one large and one miniscule pack. You'll see what I mean below.

British Olive Green Pack

Finally, after far-too-much tinkering (and sitting around in my mods folder), it's here! Included are skins for all HD British tanks (including skins for the Crusader SP's HD model, which will be coming in update 9.16), icons for all vehicles affected by the color change, and, as a bonus, skins for @Milkym4n's HD Matilda BP & FV215b remodels.

Hungarian "Greener-Green" Micro-Pack

I say this is a micro-pack because... well, it's tiny. But useful! At least, I think so... Thats what sh- [edited]

Included are green skins, based on this photo:

The goal of this was to make the Toldi and Turan stand out more from the other german tanks, since... well, they aren't really German. 

Included are a fresh set of skins (in the color shown above) and icons to match. Sadly, I didn't have a Toldi III at the time I grabbed screenshots for the post, so I only have pictures of the Turan. Rest assured, however; your Toldi hasn't been forgotten either. :great:

Download from the Box.com hub, as always: https://app.box.com/v/classicswotskins

Inb4 all my skin packs become literally just shades of brown or green

Edited by FastestClassic, Sep 12 2016 - 15:35.

LOUD_METAL #53 Posted Sep 11 2016 - 21:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9599 battles

The Hungarian green looks to be more of a greener green, rather than an olive green...

Beautiful job on the British greens (: Is there any way I can install the new colour on just specific tanks?

Tanks I'm wanting to apply it to:

Spoiler

And sorry if I'm asking to much... If I am then don't bother. I have no idea how re-skinning works.

Edited by LOUD_METAL, Sep 11 2016 - 23:49.

Avalon304 #54 Posted Sep 11 2016 - 22:21

Major

• Players
  • 13084 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

Does the british green match the Cromwell Berlin's default colour then? (Or as close as possible?)

EDIT: I typed Cromwell B... and it edited out the B.... very odd...

View PostLOUD_METAL, on Sep 11 2016 - 12:48, said:

The Hungarian green looks to be more of a greener green, rather than an olive green...

Beautiful job on the British greens (: Is there any way I can install the new colour on just specific tanks?

Spoiler

And sorry if I'm asking to much... If I am then don't bother. I have no idea how re-skinning works.

Yes, you can do that. Download the entire pack, extract it, and then go into the things you extracted and delete the tanks you dont want.

Edited by Avalon304, Sep 12 2016 - 00:45.

Life_In_Black #55 Posted Sep 12 2016 - 02:15

Major

• Players
  • 22094 battles
  • [KGS] KGS
Any word on the progress on that Israeli vehicle pack?

LOUD_METAL #56 Posted Sep 12 2016 - 03:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9599 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 11 2016 - 13:21, said:

Yes, you can do that. Download the entire pack, extract it, and then go into the things you extracted and delete the tanks you dont want.

Thanks!

That's an odd edit. Typing just "B" works fine for me ~> B

Edited by LOUD_METAL, Sep 12 2016 - 03:04.

FastestClassic #57 Posted Sep 12 2016 - 15:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22268 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostLOUD_METAL, on Sep 11 2016 - 13:48, said:

Spoiler

Ahaha, if you don't mind, I think I'm going to name the Hungarian skin pack "Greener-Green", now that you mention that :teethhappy: It was supposed to be separate from the British Olive Green, but I think the way I worded it was a little confusing.

Thank you, btw! Glad you like them :honoring: 

Also, I could do skins for those vehicles if you want, no problem, but as Avalon said above, you can just go into the mod files and delete the files for tanks you don't want in Olive Green. One thing to note is that some of the vehicles you listed aren't yet in HD, so they don't have Olive Green skins yet.

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 11 2016 - 14:21, said:

Does the british green match the Cromwell Berlin's default colour then? (Or as close as possible?)

I tried to get it as close as possible, but I think I might've made it a little tad bit lighter, since I thought it looked better. Don't really remember, though, as it's been almost two months since I actually settled on the color choice :sceptic:

View PostLife_In_Black, on Sep 11 2016 - 18:15, said:

Any word on the progress on that Israeli vehicle pack?

Not too much has happened with that, sadly... Getting the color to be  across nations hasn't been particularly easy as of yet, and I'm still trying to figure out whether it's worth it to add the black muzzle brakes that seem characteristic to these vehicles, as some of them have parts strewn all over the place in the texture files. It's coming along, though, even if slowly. :)

Edited by FastestClassic, Sep 12 2016 - 15:42.

Life_In_Black #58 Posted Sep 12 2016 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 22094 battles
  • [KGS] KGS

View PostFastestClassic, on Sep 12 2016 - 10:42, said:

Ahaha, if you don't mind, I think I'm going to name the Hungarian skin pack "Greener-Green", now that you mention that :teethhappy: It was supposed to be separate from the British Olive Green, but I think the way I worded it was a little confusing.

Also, I could do skins for those vehicles if you want, no problem, but as Avalon said above, you can just go into the mod files and delete the files for tanks you don't want in Olive Green. One thing to note is that some of the vehicles you listed aren't yet in HD, so they don't have Olive Green skins yet.

I tried to get it as close as possible, but I think I might've made it a little tad bit lighter, since I thought it looked better. Don't really remember, though, as it's been almost two months since I actually settled on the color choice :sceptic:

Not too much has happened with that, sadly... Getting the color to be  across nations hasn't been particularly easy as of yet, and I'm still trying to figure out whether it's worth it to add the black muzzle brakes that seem characteristic to these vehicles, as some of them have parts strewn all over the place in the texture files. It's coming along, though, even if slowly. :)

Good to hear. I wouldn't worry too much about the black muzzle brakes, just claim the black paint got covered by dust. :teethhappy:

LOUD_METAL #59 Posted Sep 12 2016 - 15:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9599 battles

View PostFastestClassic, on Sep 12 2016 - 06:42, said:

"Greener Green" is perfect (:

I was wondering about the HD models. Also, will this mod need to be updated every update, or can I just move the files?

Avalon304 #60 Posted Sep 12 2016 - 21:05

Major

• Players
  • 13084 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostLOUD_METAL, on Sep 12 2016 - 06:49, said:

I was wondering about the HD models. Also, will this mod need to be updated every update, or can I just move the files?

The only time this mod will need to be updated by Fastest is if the textures are changed by Wargaming, in which case Fastest would have to redo the skins to match the new textures. Provided that doesnt happen you can just move the files to each consecutive version.

View PostFastestClassic, on Sep 12 2016 - 06:42, said:

I tried to get it as close as possible, but I think I might've made it a little tad bit lighter, since I thought it looked better. Don't really remember, though, as it's been almost two months since I actually settled on the color choice :sceptic:

If its close enough thats fine... that means I can go in and edit the star and junk off the Bromwells texture and then have it match the skin pack

Edited by Avalon304, Sep 12 2016 - 21:07.

Also tagged with japan, color, swap, skin pack, czechoslovakia, bundeswehr, hungary, skins, germany, britain

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users