[0.9.18.0] Classic's WoT Workshop | Everything Updated + New Releases for 9.18! (Apr. 18)

japan color swap skin pack czechoslovakia bundeswehr hungary skins germany britain

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

FastestClassic #141 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 00:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23216 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostAvalon304, on Dec 19 2016 - 02:30, said:

Hey, Fastest. I noticed that the new brown Japanese skins didnt include a brown STB-1 icon so I did this:

STB-1 Icons

Just to make things more complete. Feel free to include them with the full package if you want.

Oh, I completely forgot about icons for it... thanks! :medal: Threw those in with credit in the OP. 

EDIT 12/20: Updated Japanese Reddish-Brown (again) with support for Milkym4n's Type 61 remodel!

Download: https://mega.nz/#!EF...JSr3Q9gLPjRwUw0

Edited by FastestClassic, Dec 20 2016 - 19:00.

Nelumbo #142 Posted Dec 23 2016 - 00:01

Private

• Players
  • 42 battles

How about Soviet 4BO Green?

I think that vanilla Soviet skins are whitish-green, not 4BO.

FastestClassic #143 Posted Dec 29 2016 - 07:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23216 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostNelumbo, on Dec 22 2016 - 16:01, said:

How about Soviet 4BO Green?

I think that vanilla Soviet skins are whitish-green, not 4BO.

I'd love to make a 4BO pack, but I'm currently stuck at a bit of a roadblock: to be honest, I've been a bit confused about the actual 4BO color for Soviet vehicles. Most of the source images I've seen so far don't seem to have very consistant coloration, save for a few noteworthy examples (i.e. Bovington's T-34-85), so I'm not really sure what to use as a base for the 4BO green color. Do you have any specific references in mind which I could use?

(Sorry for the late response, by the way... :unsure:)

Oh, before I forget, quick update: I made something quick for the Krupp/Steyr WT, inspired by this scale model of the vehicle, but with a few changes to suit my taste (namely, I swapped colors on the gun barrel and chassis). Probably not historical, but again, I like my "what-if's". 

I suppose this could be considered an early preview of the primer red mini-pack, but for now, it's just for the Steyr. The red is also probably a bit darker than the actual red primer color used, but lighter/less saturated tones of red made it look... well, a bit weird, IMO, so I stuck with a darker red. ;)

Quick note on camo paint: I've disabled camouflage paint for the majority of the vehicle, as the red primer paint looks pretty terrible with the standard camo paints applied over the top - they were designed for gray vehicles, after all. However, the chassis has been edited to display camouflage paint over their standard dunkelgelb. :) Here's a preview (albeit a bit of a bad one, since I don't currently own the vehicle and had to find a replay where camo was applied, and the replay I happened to find had one of the less detailed camos):

Spoiler

Massive thanks to Milkym4n for the tutorial on enabling chassis camo paint. :honoring: 

Download: https://mega.nz/#!tY...dlB4cSJGotrIFp0

If requested, I may release a second version which replicates the scale model more accurately (with a dunkelgelb barrel & darker chassis), but I personally like this version a bit better. Otherwise, that's it for now. Apologies for the lack of updates on the work-in-progress packs (Israeli sand + American mint, the full Red Primer pack, etc.), but things have been rather hectic in the past months, and I need some rest. A few vehicles for those packs have been finished, so I may just upload those for now and then add more vehicles as things progress, similar to how the dark olive pack started out. If all things go as planned, you'll probably know whether that'll happen or not by the end of this weekend. Cheers, and happy holidays! :great:

Edited by FastestClassic, Dec 29 2016 - 07:38.

Fett713 #144 Posted Dec 30 2016 - 02:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28249 battles
  • [BSI] BSI

Very nice work as always Fastest! I'd also like to thank you for giving me permission to use the AMX 30 base skin from your pack earlier this week.

Here's a link to my threads newest skin http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/508071-fetts-reskin-motor-pool/page__st__40__pid__10650150#entry10650150

Hopefully I've done it justice, again thanks for helping make it possible!

Nelumbo #145 Posted Dec 30 2016 - 16:30

Private

• Players
  • 42 battles

View PostFastestClassic, on Dec 29 2016 - 06:36, said:

I'd love to make a 4BO pack, but I'm currently stuck at a bit of a roadblock: to be honest, I've been a bit confused about the actual 4BO color for Soviet vehicles. Most of the source images I've seen so far don't seem to have very consistant coloration, save for a few noteworthy examples (i.e. Bovington's T-34-85), so I'm not really sure what to use as a base for the 4BO green color. Do you have any specific references in mind which I could use?

(Sorry for the late response, by the way... :unsure:)

There was no unified 4BO standard in USSR. The color might be more dark or light.

Edited by Nelumbo, Dec 30 2016 - 16:31.

Avalon304 #146 Posted Dec 31 2016 - 07:09

Major

• Players
  • 14670 battles
4BO +20% (middle one) looks good, and suiably different from other packs to warrant it...

FastestClassic #147 Posted Dec 31 2016 - 23:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23216 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostFett713, on Dec 29 2016 - 18:19, said:

Very nice work as always Fastest! I'd also like to thank you for giving me permission to use the AMX 30 base skin from your pack earlier this week.

Here's a link to my threads newest skin http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/508071-fetts-reskin-motor-pool/page__st__40__pid__10650150#entry10650150

Hopefully I've done it justice, again thanks for helping make it possible!

Thanks, and the skin looks very cool! Just so you know, the text gets a bit warped on the side of the upgraded turret (see below), but otherwise, love the camo scheme & insignia! :medal:

Spoiler

View PostNelumbo, on Dec 30 2016 - 08:30, said:

There was no unified 4BO standard in USSR. The color might be more dark or light.

Ah, thanks for the clarification! No wonder the color varies so much between vehicles. 

View PostAvalon304, on Dec 30 2016 - 23:09, said:

4BO +20% (middle one) looks good, and suiably different from other packs to warrant it...

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I'll try using that as a base, if not the darker 4BO-1 as well (I like both of them). To work I go!

Oh, and something else is finally up - it's about time, after all. As I mentioned on Wednesday, progress on the Israeli vehicle pack has been going very slowly, but I think there's enough to release a beta version of the pack at this point. Plus, I think I've kept Life_In_Black waiting a bit too long. :hiding:  So, here it is!

Israeli Desert Base pack (BETA-0.1) released!

Since the last time I posted about it, a lot has changed - namely, the color has been reworked several times to be a bit lighter and less yellow-green (+ it seems to match across nations, finally!) and several vehicles' muzzle brakes/tips have been repainted in black (I had a few done before, but a lot of the parts were either painted incorrectly or included bits around the gun mantlet, due to how weird the texture files are).

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a very early beta version of the pack, and does not yet include all of the vehicles planned for the pack (see this post for a list - my hope is to have all of the mentioned vehicles which are in HD included at some point). Here's what's included so far (the vehicle names in bolded orange have black muzzle brakes/tips):

- France: Renault R35, AMX 13/75, AMX 13/57 GF, AMX 13/90, M4A1 Revalorise

- USSR: T-34-85, SU-100, ISU-152, IS-3, IS-3A

The main reasons the pack has taken so long (well, besides me being rather lazy/unmotivated, admittedly) are that the muzzle brake textures on most of the vehicles are incredibly annoying to look for, and matching the color across different nations in-game is a bit tricky as well. (When I say incredibly annoying, I mean some of the parts are in the most random of places in the texture files, and hunting for them takes a long time, even with the help of blender.) The former is also the reason why the AMX 13/75 and AMX 13/90 don't yet include black muzzle brakes - the upper part of the turret (the part that oscillates) is also included in the gun texture files for both tanks, so finding the right pieces is even crazier. Still, they work (for the most part), and I'm working on adding them (slowly, but surely)! :great:

Gallery of vehicles included thus farhttp://imgur.com/a/FCVbS (except for the 13/57 GF, since I forgot to take pictures of it before heading out, sorry)

Download: https://mega.nz/#!xd...0sTZv4b1BtOwqw 

Enjoy! :medal: I'll add vehicles to the pack as I finish them. Progress will likely be slow, however, especially since school resumes for me pretty soon.

As for the mint pack, it seems to have mysteriously disappeared from my action sets in Photoshop. :facepalm: I'll go hunting for it again; I probably misplaced it somewhere when updating...

EDIT: Oh, and happy new year! :izmena:

Edited by FastestClassic, Dec 31 2016 - 23:47.

Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #148 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 01:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostFastestClassic, on Dec 31 2016 - 23:21, said:

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a very early beta version of the pack, and does not yet include all of the vehicles planned for the pack (see this post for a list - my hope is to have all of the mentioned vehicles which are in HD included at some point). Here's what's included so far (the vehicle names in bolded orange have black muzzle brakes/tips):

- France: Renault R35, AMX 13/75, AMX 13/57 GF, AMX 13/90, M4A1 Revalorise

- USSR: T-34-85, SU-100, ISU-152, IS-3, IS-3A

Looks awesome, and I'm not just coming on to say that because of my Tiran. :P

Only thing I'm wondering (and why I cropped most of the post so you know what I'm actually referring to) is with regards to some of those lists by Life_In_Black Is I don't believe you do non-HD Tanks with your packs, and of his list there's a small few that are, well, non-HD;

Spoiler

If I am rude, how do you plan to work around that? :hiding:

Other than that, though I probably won't use the pack myself, awesome work and it'll be awesome to see it finished. 

Milkym4n #149 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 01:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37 battles

That Revalorisé skin looks pretty amazing.

I don't know much about Blender but what I usually do to find out where to paint things is that I delete all polys which won't get painted and then render the UV map as a PNG or DDS and use that as a guide in Photoshop. It's called UV snapshot or something similar in Maya.

This is how I divided my T26E5 skin for example

Spoiler

Edited by Milkym4n, Jan 01 2017 - 02:02.

FastestClassic #150 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 07:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23216 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy_NA, on Dec 31 2016 - 17:21, said:

Looks awesome, and I'm not just coming on to say that because of my Tiran. :P

Only thing I'm wondering (and why I cropped most of the post so you know what I'm actually referring to) is with regards to some of those lists by Life_In_Black Is I don't believe you do non-HD Tanks with your packs, and of his list there's a small few that are, well, non-HD;

Spoiler

If I am rude, how do you plan to work around that? :hiding:

Other than that, though I probably won't use the pack myself, awesome work and it'll be awesome to see it finished. 

Thanks! Nice work on the Tiran, btw; I saw it in the Remodelling posts thread on EU, and it looks great!

With the remaining non-HD vehicles, I plan to wait to release those until WG makes an official HD model for those said vehicles - hence, the part where I said I would include the "vehicles which are in HD" :P

View PostMilkym4n, on Dec 31 2016 - 17:58, said:

That Revalorisé skin looks pretty amazing.

I don't know much about Blender but what I usually do to find out where to paint things is that I delete all polys which won't get painted and then render the UV map as a PNG or DDS and use that as a guide in Photoshop. It's called UV snapshot or something similar in Maya.

This is how I divided my T26E5 skin for example

Spoiler

Thanks! :medal: Btw, what ever happened to your Super Sherman remodel for the Revalorise?

Oh, that'd be a much more efficient way, now that you mention it... thanks for the tip! If I can figure out a way to do it in blender, that'd probably work wonders, but I honestly have no idea how to do it yet either. For that matter, I should probably use Maya to do it, but I haven't used it in years, and I can't seem to import the WoT model files into Maya 2017. :sceptic: I'd imagine it'd require some expensive plugins anywho, since Bigworld has its own unique format. Anyway, I'll have a look around and see if I can find a way to do it in blender (as of now, all I do is select the faces I want to texture and look at where they are in the UV editor, then find the same spot in Photoshop and edit it from there).

Edited by FastestClassic, Jan 01 2017 - 07:05.

Fett713 #151 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 09:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28249 battles
  • [BSI] BSI
Thanks Fastest, by the time I got to the text on the second turret, it was way past my bedtime lol! I knew about the warp of the turret and just said 'ahh screw it'. I do plan on making it smaller and moving to the rear of the turret though. Thanks for the watermark there, that guy is an ongoing nuisance. I had a look at his VK wall the other day and he's still going at it, though now his target seems to be kilorock from Russian forums. The new skinpack is sweet, nice work as usual. Last but not least Happy New Year to all of you above!!! <O

Milkym4n #152 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 15:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37 battles

Yeah that Super Sherman project... Well it's a mess let's say that. Needs to be redone to say the least.

Github has a converter that outputs the files into OBJ which can be imported in every 3D application, it just requires Python to run it.

https://github.com/S...model-converter

Life_In_Black #153 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 05:25

Major

• Players
  • 22147 battles
  • [KGS] KGS
Awesome work! Can't wait to try out the pack!

Nelumbo #154 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 17:03

Private

• Players
  • 42 battles
Deleted

Edited by Nelumbo, Jan 04 2017 - 14:28.

Milkym4n #155 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 17:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37 battles

View PostNelumbo, on Jan 02 2017 - 18:03, said:

You can convert "processed" primitive files to obj without python! Try this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1a52IOSU6aUZFdwZnk1dHFQUUE

Sharing a paid software with a crack is not a good idea, also who can guarantee that it's safe to use anyways.

The Python converter on Github is free, open source and can do batch conversions. There's no reason not to use it.

FastestClassic #156 Posted Jan 25 2017 - 02:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23216 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

Alright, status update on 4BO: I've got a few versions of it at the moment, but... I'm not exactly sure what to keep going with at this point. Of all the colors, this one's exceptionally finicky as far as getting the color right, as I don't actually see much of a difference in most cases. Not sure whether to go lighter or darker, greener or yellower, etc... Which one do you guys think looks the best/most correct, if any?

Version A: 

Spoiler

Version B: 

Spoiler

Version C: 

Spoiler

Otherwise, everything's been updated to work with this morning's micropatch (0.9.17.0.3), but if you already have anything downloaded, it should work fine to just rename your "0.9.17.0.1" folder to "0.9.17.0.3" instead of redownloading everything. Only thing that received even a semi-significant update was the Krupp-Steyr WT skin I did a little while back, which was updated to exclude the interior/sights/etc. inside the turret from being painted red. Just a small fix, but I think it helps. 

Oh, also, for those who didn't see it yet, I updated the Israeli pack to support Milky's Israsherman remodel:great:

Avalon304 #157 Posted Jan 25 2017 - 02:17

Major

• Players
  • 14670 battles

View PostFastestClassic, on Jan 24 2017 - 17:11, said:

Alright, status update on 4BO: I've got a few versions of it at the moment, but... I'm not exactly sure what to keep going with at this point. Of all the colors, this one's exceptionally finicky as far as getting the color right, as I don't actually see much of a difference in most cases. Not sure whether to go lighter or darker, greener or yellower, etc... Which one do you guys think looks the best/most correct, if any?

Version A: 

Spoiler

Version B: 

Spoiler

Version C: 

Spoiler

Otherwise, everything's been updated to work with this morning's micropatch (0.9.17.0.3), but if you already have anything downloaded, it should work fine to just rename your "0.9.17.0.1" folder to "0.9.17.0.3" instead of redownloading everything. Only thing that received even a semi-significant update was the Krupp-Steyr WT skin I did a little while back, which was updated to exclude the interior/sights/etc. inside the turret from being painted red. Just a small fix, but I think it helps. 

Oh, also, for those who didn't see it yet, I updated the Israeli pack to support Milky's Israsherman remodel:great:

Would help if all 3 version previews were on the same tank (from the same angle)... I like version B the most right now, but version c is hard to compare with the other 2.

Edited by Avalon304, Jan 25 2017 - 02:18.

Nelumbo #158 Posted Jan 25 2017 - 21:41

Private

• Players
  • 42 battles

View PostFastestClassic, on Jan 25 2017 - 01:11, said:

Nice, nice! I like version C, in my opinion it resembles original Soviet color.

FastestClassic #159 Posted Jan 26 2017 - 01:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23216 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostAvalon304, on Jan 24 2017 - 18:17, said:

Would help if all 3 version previews were on the same tank (from the same angle)... I like version B the most right now, but version c is hard to compare with the other 2.

Yeah, sorry about that; I was trying the color on different tanks to see how it worked, but I forgot to grab screenshots of version C on the KV-122. I believe this was version C:

:) Think this works?

View PostNelumbo, on Jan 25 2017 - 13:41, said:

Nice, nice! I like version C, in my opinion it resembles original Soviet color.

Thanks! :honoring:

Avalon304 #160 Posted Jan 26 2017 - 01:28

Major

• Players
  • 14670 battles

View PostFastestClassic, on Jan 25 2017 - 16:23, said:

Yeah, sorry about that; I was trying the color on different tanks to see how it worked, but I forgot to grab screenshots of version C on the KV-122. I believe this was version C:

:) Think this works?

Thanks! :honoring:

Yes that is better. I also like version C the best.

Also tagged with japan, color, swap, skin pack, czechoslovakia, bundeswehr, hungary, skins, germany, britain

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users