[0.9.19.1] Classic's WoT Workshop | Updated for 9.19.1 + New Czech Pack & Bovington Skins...

japan color swap skin pack czechoslovakia bundeswehr hungary skins germany britain

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

Avalon304 #261 Posted Jul 26 2017 - 09:12

Major

• Players
  • 15729 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostlABYSSl, on Jul 26 2017 - 01:05, said:

That is what they looked like, but I copied the folder over into the main nation folders when I applied the mods. Should I not have done that?

Yea... no... dont do that. Classic has it set up so all you have to do is copy the files into your res_mods folder. Just install the remodels, then install the skins... dont move anything to anyplace else.

lABYSSl #262 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 13:28

Private

• Players
  • 15821 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Jul 26 2017 - 08:12, said:

Yea... no... dont do that. Classic has it set up so all you have to do is copy the files into your res_mods folder. Just install the remodels, then install the skins... dont move anything to anyplace else.

OK, but what do I do about conflicting Skin packs, like the German Neue DunkelGelb and the German Primer Red? I don't want the files to conflict and cause problems. I also want to set it up so that certain tanks are excluded from the nation skin (Example: I like the Israeli Desert Base but I only want it for the M4A1 Revalorisé and none of the other vehicles included, but I want to apply the French Artillery Green to the rest of the French vehicles.)

Fett713 #263 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 21:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28911 battles
  • [BSI] BSI
Simple, drop the entire French Artillery Green pack into res_mods, then explore the Israeli Desert Base pack, copy out the M4A1 Rev folder and gui icons, and manually install those, it'll ask if you want to overwrite the files already present from the Arty Green pack, say yes, done.

lABYSSl #264 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 22:02

Private

• Players
  • 15821 battles
I got it to work. Thank you for all your help! I ended up copying and pasting the res_mods folders for all of the skin packs in a certain order so that the ones I wanted would override the ones I didn't and everything works now. I plan on just copying both the mods and res_mods folders from my WoT directory to a special folder so that I can easily just change the update number and reapply my mods when micro patches come out. Again thank you for all your help!

Avalon304 #265 Posted Jul 28 2017 - 23:13

Major

• Players
  • 15729 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostlABYSSl, on Jul 28 2017 - 14:02, said:

I got it to work. Thank you for all your help! I ended up copying and pasting the res_mods folders for all of the skin packs in a certain order so that the ones I wanted would override the ones I didn't and everything works now. I plan on just copying both the mods and res_mods folders from my WoT directory to a special folder so that I can easily just change the update number and reapply my mods when micro patches come out. Again thank you for all your help!

Glad its working!

FastestClassic #266 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 04:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23564 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

Right, I almost forgot to check the thread... whoops! Sorry about that :teethhappy: Thanks for helping out IABYSSI, Avalon :P and glad to hear everything is working now.

Alright, so I'm currently working on a bunch of new content coming Soon™, but before that continues, I'd like to hear your feedback on some of it. Have a look here:  

http://classicswotwo...re-needed-aug-6

If you wouldn't mind answering the two questions in the post, that would be greatly-appreciated, and will help in deciding some of the next packs to come in the near future. :honoring: Otherwise, there's a new pack coming for China very soon (to coincide with the release of 9.20) along with a couple of other, nation-specific packs (which some of you may know about already). Stay tuned for those, as well as other updates for patch 9.20, coming soon™! 

The_Notorious_Hawk #267 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 17:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13745 battles

Hey there! Can you do an HD remodel of a Bt7a to look like this? :D Pretty please? I am a big fan of the Finnish innovation, and I thought it would be ironic to make my russian tier 3 BT-7a look like a Finnish BT42, which is a sketchy beast. :D I am also a GuP fan as well! Well if You cannot, that's cool, I am new to asking this part of the forum and I am looking for model editing software as well and if you could give me some details on that too, that would be neat.

Image result for bt42 gup

Image result for bt42

Edited by The_Notorious_Hawk, Aug 11 2017 - 17:53.

FastestClassic #268 Posted Yesterday, 10:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23564 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostThe_Notorious_Hawk, on Aug 11 2017 - 09:51, said:

Hey there! Can you do an HD remodel of a Bt7a to look like this? :D Pretty please? I am a big fan of the Finnish innovation, and I thought it would be ironic to make my russian tier 3 BT-7a look like a Finnish BT42, which is a sketchy beast. :D I am also a GuP fan as well! Well if You cannot, that's cool, I am new to asking this part of the forum and I am looking for model editing software as well and if you could give me some details on that too, that would be neat.

Image result for bt42

Hello, and welcome to this part of the forum! Sadly, while I would also love to see something like this in-game, I don't currently have the time, resources, or skill to do very much in the way of making remodels for WoT. Sorry about that! I do recall seeing a BT-42 model some time ago which replaced the BT-7A as well; though, I don't remember where, and it's been over a year since I last saw it, so it'd likely need some updating by now. However, while I can't do very much remodel-related (at the moment, anyway), I do actually have something in the works that has to do with Finnish vehicles, which should be coming soon. :great:

As for modelling software, I would personally suggest either Autodesk Maya or Blender - the latter of which is completely free, and works pretty darn well for WoT remodeling, from what I've heard (although, note that you will have to use a tool such as this one to import/export models, the latter part of which I have no idea how to do). Photoshop does very nicely for editing textures as well (which is what I use for basically all of my work); however, Paint.net or GIMP seem to do the job pretty well (though, I definitely prefer Photoshop by a very lengthy margin). :honoring:

For everyone else - I completely forgot to post about this until recently... I made a Panzer 58 skin for Swiss National Day (August 1st - yeah, as mentioned, this is a bit late, sorry :unsure: completely whizzed over my head for a while, heheh), which you can find (along with several other modders' awesome works) here, on RSR: https://ritastatusre...s-national-day/ (or here, on my site: http://classicswotwo...pp-schwiiz.html) Enjoy, and as usual, more is on the way soon, so stay tuned! :izmena:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the color polls I posted about around a week-and-a-half ago are finished! The results can be found here: http://classicswotwo...re-needed-aug-6 Thanks again to everyone for all your feedback! :medal:

(Also, my apologies for the super late response)

Edited by FastestClassic, Yesterday, 11:36 PM.

Also tagged with japan, color, swap, skin pack, czechoslovakia, bundeswehr, hungary, skins, germany, britain

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users