[0.9.19.1] Classic's WoT Workshop | Updated for 9.19.1 + New Czech Pack & Bovington Skins...

japan color swap skin pack czechoslovakia bundeswehr hungary skins germany britain

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #221 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 04:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostFastestClassic, on Mar 14 2017 - 00:37, said:

Oh dear, uh... well, good luck, then, I guess :teethhappy: If it's any help, I just released two new packs which include camouflage on the chassis wheels for all HD Chinese and Japanese vehicles, so you can use those (and any others I release, I suppose) if you wish. :honoring: 

Oh cool, I'll grab them and check them out when I'm not spending the next two days just playing They Shall Not Pass on BF1.

skaianDestiny #222 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 06:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 10071 battles
  • [TMBLR] TMBLR
Woo!  Thanks!

Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #223 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 19:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy_NA, on Mar 14 2017 - 04:59, said:

Oh cool, I'll grab them and check them out when I'm not spending the next two days just playing They Shall Not Pass on BF1.

Finally got around to that, though haven't checked them out yet, just mean I'm downloading them now. In the time I wasn't just sitting there playing BF1 All day I was stumped since I kept checking your mega.nz instead of the very obvious weebly site instead. Also noticed on there the Sherman Firefly model, which is cool. I'm bringing that up just because like Avalon's, you're entirely welcome to use the painted barrel skin of mine for that if you want, especially if I'm going to be using your Chassis camouflage. :honoring:

FastestClassic #224 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 00:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23492 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostskaianDestiny, on Mar 13 2017 - 22:11, said:

Woo!  Thanks!

No prob! :honoring:

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy_NA, on Mar 16 2017 - 11:29, said:

Finally got around to that, though haven't checked them out yet, just mean I'm downloading them now. In the time I wasn't just sitting there playing BF1 All day I was stumped since I kept checking your mega.nz instead of the very obvious weebly site instead. Also noticed on there the Sherman Firefly model, which is cool. I'm bringing that up just because like Avalon's, you're entirely welcome to use the painted barrel skin of mine for that if you want, especially if I'm going to be using your Chassis camouflage. :honoring:

Right, that reminds me, I should change the download hub link on my site (and in the thread title) to my Github page.  Thanks! :P Also, I was actually thinking of asking you about the countershaded barrel you made, so I guess that worked out rather conveniently :P Thank you; I'll include that as an addon for the pack (with credit given, of course).

Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #225 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 01:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostFastestClassic, on Mar 17 2017 - 00:57, said:

Right, that reminds me, I should change the download hub link on my site (and in the thread title) to my Github page.  Thanks! :P Also, I was actually thinking of asking you about the countershaded barrel you made, so I guess that worked out rather conveniently :P Thank you; I'll include that as an addon for the pack (with credit given, of course).

Clearly I can tell the future and know exactly what you're going to say. I mean, your very next person is going to be about how awesome and amazing I, the great Kamina, truly am..

Right? :popcorn:

Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #226 Posted Mar 31 2017 - 02:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
Though I'm sure you're already on it, just felt like bumping in case you didn't know that the 9.18 CT Is up. Already jumping on it myself to add the HD Sexton I, AT8 and FV3805 To the Bronze Green pack.

FastestClassic #227 Posted Mar 31 2017 - 21:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23492 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy_NA, on Mar 30 2017 - 18:27, said:

Though I'm sure you're already on it, just felt like bumping in case you didn't know that the 9.18 CT Is up. Already jumping on it myself to add the HD Sexton I, AT8 and FV3805 To the Bronze Green pack.

Already on it :P Thanks, though! 

Also, couple things - for starters, I have next week off, so I'll likely have a bit more time to continue working on the current packs (mainly Romanian and Finnish, as well as a couple side-requests and personal projects - @SST, if you can see this, I have one of the camos you requested just about finished, so I'll send that to you ASAP). The Hungarian pack is ready for release as well, so I'll have that up ASAP. Also, keep an eye out for a little something... "special" tomorrow ;) 

Secondly, it appears the Chrysler K is the WGL Grand Finals tank for 2017, but instead of just receiving a quick paint job and some decals, it appears to have also received a rather interesting model change as well (along with an armor buff!). Needless to say, it's a little... weird, but even more annoyingly, it appears to have replaced the original Chrysler K in the game files altogether, unlike the previous two vehicles, which could make removing said model a bit more of an annoyance. However, if it's still unmodified in 9.17.1, I'll be saving a copy of the un-GF'd model, and when the vehicle is inevitably put on sale, I'll put up a mod to restore its original appearance, for those of you who still want the tank, but don't like the GF version (probably including myself).

Anyway, stay tuned for those things (and more, probably). Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Avalon304 #228 Posted Apr 01 2017 - 08:52

Major

• Players
  • 15484 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Hey, fastest, you put together that little gun model swap for the Strv S1 (that gave it the 103-0's gun) but for some reason whent he tank is destroyed right now the chassis disappears... its very odd.

Milkym4n #229 Posted Apr 01 2017 - 13:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37 battles
Swedish sekrit hoover technology discovered!

FastestClassic #230 Posted Apr 01 2017 - 17:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23492 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

Speaking of Sweden... 

Own an Strv S1, 103 0-Series, or 103B? Want to show your love for Sweden, without buying yet another article of furniture you don't really need? Well, look no further! I present to you, "Sveriges Slolthet" ("Sweden's Pride", roughly-translated) - a semi-historical(!) skin for the top-tier Swedish Strv tank destroyers. And, unlike the alternative, there is no assembly required! (Don't believe me on the semi-historical part? I would suggest having a look at this - a real Strv 103C was painted in a similar scheme. Seriously!) Now, get back out there and show those so-called "normal" tanks why having a turret is overrated.

Preview & Download

Enjoy! :teethhappy:

Happy April Fools' Day! But, I assure you, the skins are real. And I probably spent way more time on them than I should've getting most of the little details painted. But it was so worth it.

EDIT @Above: Yeah, I noticed the suspension becomes transparent on the crash model. Not really sure why that's happening, as I didn't change the crash model chassis files...

Edited by FastestClassic, Apr 01 2017 - 17:36.

Fett713 #231 Posted Apr 01 2017 - 18:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28624 battles
  • [BSI] BSI
Nice skin Fastest, one problem however, you named the Sweden folder, Swedish instead.:P :facepalm: Thank you for the mini-pack though I love it! :honoring:

FastestClassic #232 Posted Apr 01 2017 - 18:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23492 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostFett713, on Apr 01 2017 - 10:19, said:

Nice skin Fastest, one problem however, you named the Sweden folder, Swedish instead.:P :facepalm: Thank you for the mini-pack though I love it! :honoring:

Whoops, thanks for the heads-up! Guess I april-fooled myself a bit in the process. :facepalm: Happy to hear you like it! :honoring:

Edited by FastestClassic, Apr 01 2017 - 18:55.

Avalon304 #233 Posted Apr 01 2017 - 21:09

Major

• Players
  • 15484 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostFastestClassic, on Apr 01 2017 - 08:21, said:

Speaking of Sweden... 

Own an Strv S1, 103 0-Series, or 103B? Want to show your love for Sweden, without buying yet another article of furniture you don't really need? Well, look no further! I present to you, "Sveriges Slolthet" ("Sweden's Pride", roughly-translated) - a semi-historical(!) skin for the top-tier Swedish Strv tank destroyers. And, unlike the alternative, there is no assembly required! (Don't believe me on the semi-historical part? I would suggest having a look at this - a real Strv 103C was painted in a similar scheme. Seriously!) Now, get back out there and show those so-called "normal" tanks why having a turret is overrated.

Preview & Download

Enjoy! :teethhappy:

Happy April Fools' Day! But, I assure you, the skins are real. And I probably spent way more time on them than I should've getting most of the little details painted. But it was so worth it.

EDIT @Above: Yeah, I noticed the suspension becomes transparent on the crash model. Not really sure why that's happening, as I didn't change the crash model chassis files...

First off... nice skin. This was my first idea when I figured out how to get the textures to show in blender... Im glad I didnt do it now...

and yea, I know you didnt modify the chassis, which is why I'm so confused by it.

EDIT: Also... if youre gonna keep the fume extractor model swap updated, you should move the gun forward a bit... the fume extractor clips on the current version when you fire. (I think Im just the hard point values from the 103-0 or maybe the default values from the S1... I cant remember which values I used.).

Edited by Avalon304, Apr 02 2017 - 04:43.

FastestClassic #234 Posted Apr 02 2017 - 20:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23492 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 01 2017 - 13:09, said:

First off... nice skin. This was my first idea when I figured out how to get the textures to show in blender... Im glad I didnt do it now...

and yea, I know you didnt modify the chassis, which is why I'm so confused by it.

EDIT: Also... if youre gonna keep the fume extractor model swap updated, you should move the gun forward a bit... the fume extractor clips on the current version when you fire. (I think Im just the hard point values from the 103-0 or maybe the default values from the S1... I cant remember which values I used.).

Thanks! It was a lot more complicated than I was expecting, too - I ended up spending several hours just trying to find all the tiny details which needed to be painted. The textures for the Strv 103-0 and 103B are excessively complicated, and have random parts strewn about all over the place, so hunting for the tiny details was... fun. :P 

Also, I moved the gun about as far forward as it could go without having the gun floating outside the hull. Updated; hopefully this works. :honoring:

And whoops, I realized I completely forgot to post the Sveriges Slolthet skin on my site blog! I think I'll just group it with the weekly(ish) status update, which should be up by some point tomorrow - there's a pretty decent amount of stuff in the works, and I'd rather not have two separate posts in this short of a time period. So, stay tuned, as usual! :playing:

Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #235 Posted Apr 02 2017 - 21:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostFastestClassic, on Apr 02 2017 - 20:00, said:

Thanks! It was a lot more complicated than I was expecting, too - I ended up spending several hours just trying to find all the tiny details which needed to be painted. The textures for the Strv 103-0 and 103B are excessively complicated, and have random parts strewn about all over the place, so hunting for the tiny details was... fun. :P 

I think I can guess how fun that was considering I did the Berlin Brigade Chieftain awhile ago. It felt especially weird when you'd have like say, 4 Lines as part of some object on the tank and 3 Of them are one way while the other is completely different, if that makes any sense. :hiding:

Fett713 #236 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 04:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28624 battles
  • [BSI] BSI

The newly updated Mt-25 skin has an issue, there's only one turret now and it has no stripes, the top gun has an odd stripe on the left side at the mantlet. May be that they changed the maps from when it was in CT?

FV304 Bert, Strv 103 Series Flag skin both look fine, T26E5 looks fine in garage & in battle.

Edited by Fett713, Apr 19 2017 - 05:28.

FastestClassic #237 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 05:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23492 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostFett713, on Apr 18 2017 - 20:37, said:

The newly updated Mt-25 skin has an issue, there's only one turret now and it has no stripes, the top gun has an odd stripe on the left side at the mantlet. May be that they changed the maps from when it was in CT?

FV304 Bert, Strv 103 Series Flag skin both look fine, T26E5 looks fine in garage & in battle.

Oh, I thought I'd pre-uploaded the new files for the MT-25 release, but it looks like I forgot to do that. Updated the files just now. Sorry about that, but thanks for the reports, as always! :honoring:

Fett713 #238 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 05:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28624 battles
  • [BSI] BSI
No problem, I'll redownload tomorrow, last in Fluchtig looks fine as well, haven't driven it though. You're most welcome for the reports, least I can do for all the wonderful freebies and advice bro. <O

Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #239 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 23:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Noticed you'd updated everything to 9.19 (you probably did it earlier and I just didn't notice until now because I'm a pleb), but just wondering one thing. With the Renault Otsu and now the STA-1, their gui icons are different to the rest of the tree. I'm wondering if you plan on changing that at all. Not that I mind it too much, but I'm definitely going to be spotting it everytime I'm playing my Chiriko. :P

FastestClassic #240 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 21:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23492 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy_NA, on Jun 09 2017 - 15:22, said:

Noticed you'd updated everything to 9.19 (you probably did it earlier and I just didn't notice until now because I'm a pleb), but just wondering one thing. With the Renault Otsu and now the STA-1, their gui icons are different to the rest of the tree. I'm wondering if you plan on changing that at all. Not that I mind it too much, but I'm definitely going to be spotting it everytime I'm playing my Chiriko. :P

Funnily enough, I hadn't even noticed that myself, since I don't currently use the redbrown pack (switched to the navy grey one) - oops! Thanks for noticing :D I think I accidentally overwrote my original green-to-brown icon schema in Photoshop when I made the naval grey pack, so I had to remake it. I've gone through and updated all the old icons to the new brown (seen on the STA) - thanks again! :honoring:

But yeah, everything else is updated to work with 0.9.19.0.2 now. :) Changed all of the skins into .wotmod format to make updates easier on my end, as well as to hopefully simplify installation for you guys (see the included readme.txt for install instructions). If you installed any of the mods which were updated to .wotmod format, I would suggest removing the old files from your res_mods folder (usually located in C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.19.0.2\vehicles), as anything in "res_mods" appears to take priority over anything in the "mods" folder. I'll have a list of all the things which were updated to .wotmod format in a post on my site Soon™ - but for now, I think mostly everything except for the skin packs were repacked. Stay tuned for that + more info coming sometime this week (I think, if all goes to plan).

Also, nah, you noticed right on time - I think I'd just finished updating everything on the day you posted that, if not the day after with a few of the larger packs. :P 

Important Note on Remodel Requests

Oh, and before I forget - I've been getting a lot of requests from you guys involving remodels. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with you guys sending requests about skins and some simple model swaps (i.e. swapping the Defender hull to the Object 252U, switching the existing turret models on the 59-16 around, etc.), however, please note that I do not currently have any of the required knowledge on 3D modelling to do any super substantial edits (i.e. adding equipment that isn't already there, putting a gun from one tank into a completely different gun mantlet [i.e. AX Centurion 105mm to Centurion 7/1], etc.) or access to a Bigworld license, which is required to export models to the World of Tanks format (at least, to my knowledge). While I would love to learn how, I currently neither have the money to get said license (which was around $200, if I remember correctly) or the time to learn how to use proper 3D modelling software like Maya/3DS Max (I know how to use CAD software, i.e. Fusion/Inventor, but that's a different kind of modelling, and would not transfer very well, if at all, to WoT). And, while I don't mind getting requests sent in from you - in fact, a lot of the times, I very much like receiving these requests, since they can give me ideas on new projects to work on, while both allowing me to learn more about working with textures (let alone learning new things about Photoshop in general) and giving me the opportunity to make stuff which you guys might want to see in-game, which may not have been possible otherwise, among other things - I don't particular having to repeat the same "sorry, but I don't know how to do this" response every time someone asks. :unsure:

In short, if you've got a request for a skin or pack, by all means, feel free to send it over (although it may take some time to get done, as I have other requests still on the table which are currently being worked on, as well as other work IRL/outside of WoT)! However, if it involves anything which requires significant model edits (stuff more complicated than transferring an existing model from one tank/module to another, i.e. swapping hulls/guns/turrets around, like with my last 3 remodels), I probably won't be able to do much, sadly. If you aren't sure if your request requires significant model edits, you can certainly feel free to ask, as I may still be able to do it, depending on what you want done. Otherwise, though, don't expect much on the front of remodels, as I can't do very much involving model edits, at least for the time being. Sorry! :confused: Now, if I had a Bigworld license, I'd be much more willing to learn how to use Maya/3DS Max, but since I don't exactly want to have to fork over $200 for a license (let alone have anyone else waste their money on that), it's on the back burner.

Edited by FastestClassic, Jun 12 2017 - 21:47.

Also tagged with japan, color, swap, skin pack, czechoslovakia, bundeswehr, hungary, skins, germany, britain

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users