[0.9.20.1] Classic's WoT Workshop | Updates for 9.20.1! New vehicles, fixes, improvements, &...

japan color swap skin pack czechoslovakia bundeswehr skins germany britain China

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

FastestClassic #61 Posted Sep 14 2016 - 03:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24014 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostLOUD_METAL, on Sep 12 2016 - 07:49, said:

I was wondering about the HD models. Also, will this mod need to be updated every update, or can I just move the files?

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 12 2016 - 13:05, said:

The only time this mod will need to be updated by Fastest is if the textures are changed by Wargaming, in which case Fastest would have to redo the skins to match the new textures. Provided that doesnt happen you can just move the files to each consecutive version.

Yeah, whenever Wargaming either changes the textures on a vehicle or introduces a new HD model, I'll update the pack(s) to include the new textures for those vehicle(s). For one, I included textures for the Crusader SP's HD model, which is coming in 9.16, so you probably won't have to update it once the patch is released (unless anything else gets changed), save for changing the folder name (from 0.9.15.1.1 to 0.9.16, etc.). Same deal with the Japanese tank reskin mod and the Chi-Ri.

Anyway, I went back to the first skin pack I released, and I'm happy to announce...

The Japanese Brown Color Swap Pack has been updated!

The most visible difference is in the color, which I touched up to remove as much of the original vehicles' green color as possible. Here are a couple of previews, for visual reference:

(Left is old, right is new)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the change, as it pops more than previously, and doesn't have the faint green spots some of the older skins had.

Also, to reduce file size and improve performance on lower-spec PCs, I used the non-HD textures for the vehicles' SD skins. Previously, I had used the HD skin files as the SD client textures, which both increased the file size by a fair amount and caused a bit of extra lag on some older computers, i.e. my old laptop. This should not affect visual quality for people using the HD client, but it should improve performance, even if only slightly, for SD client users. :honoring:

NOTE: If you already have the pack, I'd suggest redownloading it to apply the changes in this update. :P

Download on the Box hub: https://app.box.com/v/classicswotskins

Edited by FastestClassic, Sep 14 2016 - 03:49.

Avalon304 #62 Posted Sep 15 2016 - 21:46

Major

• Players
  • 16563 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
I wish WG would hurry up with an STB-1 HD model... I really want to use the Japanese Tan pack but the tanks Im on dont benefit from it...

FastestClassic #63 Posted Sep 18 2016 - 22:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24014 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

I suppose it's about time for a progress report. And gladly, a lot has happened since last time!

Tank Packs

Israeli Tank Pack Progress

Firstly, the Israeli color pack is progressing. Slowly, but pretty nicely IMO. Plus, black muzzle brakes!

Gladly, the R35's guns already come unpainted, so that saved some time.

So far, still haven't had much success with applying the same color to other nations yet. Having a go at that as we speak, though, so stay tuned!

French Color Swap #2

Additionally, I've been playing around with the French tanks' color, and I got it to be more of a greenish-blue color. Thinking about toning down the saturation/brightness a bit to make these look more realistic, but only time will tell.

Have any suggestions for this one (or anything else)? Let me know!

Czechoslovak... eggshell blue? What?

Uh... well, I don't know what to say about this one. The grey was getting a little boring, so I tried to replicate the pre-texturing color for the Czech tanks. It was awful. Trust me. I don't know why I tried that.

But... after some tweaking... this happened?

And, uh... I kinda like it? Maybe? I don't know. We'll see. This one's in no way meant to be realistic, as is hopefully obvious.

I think I might've hit the image cap (or I'm very close to it), so I'm gonna make a second post for more progress on skins for individual tanks in just a moment. (Sorry, another double-post, but there are just too many things to fit in one post!)

FastestClassic #64 Posted Sep 18 2016 - 23:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24014 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

Progress Report, Part 2: Individual Tank Skins

T-34-85M "Striped" AKA something I had sitting around on my computer from sometime last November/December, but forgot about until now

So this was a REALLY old skin I had sitting around on my computer. Probably one of the first (serious) ones, in fact. I was trying to replicate the ISU-122S/IS-2B stripes, and... well, it sort of worked? I think?

Still a heavy work-in-progress, and I've barely even started on it. My plan for this one is to add the same stripes to the side of the turret, as well as some historical insignia and/or markings/inscriptions/numbers/etc. to make the tank more interesting. Because, well, it's a bit of a [edited] tank as-is, and I need a reason to drive it other than trying to play a bad tank well (and failing, most of the time).

MT-25 "212" or "Родина-мать зовёт!" ("The Motherland Calls!" )

Some of you may remember this... I think. Pretty sure I posted it a while back, but never officially talked about it, so... well, here it is! (note: the inscription on the middle glacis plate & right turret side are not included; same with the 100year markings... just had those on the MT-25 at the time of taking these screenshots.)

Oh, and camouflage works, thanks to Milkym4n's handy tutorial!

Think I'm almost ready to release this one, but I'd like some feedback first. What do you guys think?

FV304 "Bert The Avenger" (It had to be done)

This one's also been in the works for a while, and I think I've previewed it several times before. Not too much has been done to it since last time, as I was waiting for a response from Ranzar as to whether I could use his Bert caricature on the side of the tank, but... well, it's been a few months, and I've heard no responses, sadly. I think I may just release it and give him credit for it, both in the OP and in the readme included with the skin (which I've kinda been forgetting to put in most of my packs, oops). If he requests for it to be removed, then I'll be sure to respect his decision, but I don't really see why he would. :P 

(Yes, the little inscription on the back is a joke. Not meant to be offensive in any way; AFAIK, the term "Jerry" in context to German soldiers from WWII wasn't, and still isn't, supposed to be derogatorySee the text on the rear of the FV201 A45 for what it's referencing)

I can confirm that camouflage paint does work on this skin as well, but I don't currently have Bert in my garage, so I couldn't grab screenshots of it. Sorry!

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think of anything from the progress report, good or bad. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome!

Edited by FastestClassic, Sep 18 2016 - 23:03.

Milkym4n #65 Posted Sep 19 2016 - 00:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37 battles
Time to buy back the MT-25. Looks bloody amazing! +1

Fett713 #66 Posted Sep 19 2016 - 02:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29369 battles
  • [BSI] BSI
OMG I NEEDZ DEM!! All 3 of those are great can't wait to download seriously, and progress screenies look really good too. The Israeli color set looks quite nice, though not to nitpick, but the black muzzle breaks seem a tad too shiny maybe? Idk hard to tell for sure. The Czeck color I like a lot actually, and I'm not positive but I think I've seen a picture somewhere of a Pz. 38 of some variety in a color rather close to that, but don't ask me to recall where or when etc. I think maybe in a book my brother has perhaps. Anyway keep up the good work! <O

LOUD_METAL #67 Posted Sep 19 2016 - 03:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9647 battles
The updated garage icons (for the British reskins) don't work, but when I delete them my games load in a lot faster. Just thought I'd let you know.

Avalon304 #68 Posted Sep 19 2016 - 03:24

Major

• Players
  • 16563 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostLOUD_METAL, on Sep 18 2016 - 18:06, said:

The updated garage icons (for the British reskins) don't work, but when I delete them my games load in a lot faster. Just thought I'd let you know.

They are working for me.

LOUD_METAL #69 Posted Sep 19 2016 - 04:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9647 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 18 2016 - 18:24, said:

They are working for me.

​Well, I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Avalon304 #70 Posted Sep 19 2016 - 05:54

Major

• Players
  • 16563 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostLOUD_METAL, on Sep 18 2016 - 19:15, said:

​Well, I guess I'm doing something wrong.

how are you installing the images? The large images should be in '\\[Your WoT Directory]\res_mods\0.9.15.2\gui\maps\icons\vehicle' and the small images should be in '\\[Your WoT Directory]\res_mods\0.9.15.2\gui\maps\icons\vehicle\small'

EDIT: The file path was mostly right... except Im crap and I forgot the version folder...

Edited by Avalon304, Sep 19 2016 - 07:01.

LOUD_METAL #71 Posted Sep 19 2016 - 08:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9647 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 18 2016 - 20:54, said:

how are you installing the images? The large images should be in '\\[Your WoT Directory]\res_mods\0.9.15.2\gui\maps\icons\vehicle' and the small images should be in '\\[Your WoT Directory]\res_mods\0.9.15.2\gui\maps\icons\vehicle\small'

EDIT: The file path was mostly right... except Im crap and I forgot the version folder...

That's what I was doing though...

Avalon304 #72 Posted Sep 19 2016 - 08:36

Major

• Players
  • 16563 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostLOUD_METAL, on Sep 18 2016 - 23:12, said:

That's what I was doing though...

Then they should work. Look closely.

Life_In_Black #73 Posted Sep 19 2016 - 12:42

Major

• Players
  • 24342 battles
  • [KGS] KGS
That looks awesome! Can't wait to start downloading and using these packs!

FastestClassic #74 Posted Sep 20 2016 - 00:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24014 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostMilkym4n, on Sep 18 2016 - 16:52, said:

Time to buy back the MT-25. Looks bloody amazing! +1

View PostFett713, on Sep 18 2016 - 18:59, said:

OMG I NEEDZ DEM!! All 3 of those are great can't wait to download seriously, and progress screenies look really good too. The Israeli color set looks quite nice, though not to nitpick, but the black muzzle breaks seem a tad too shiny maybe? Idk hard to tell for sure. The Czeck color I like a lot actually, and I'm not positive but I think I've seen a picture somewhere of a Pz. 38 of some variety in a color rather close to that, but don't ask me to recall where or when etc. I think maybe in a book my brother has perhaps. Anyway keep up the good work! <O

View PostLife_In_Black, on Sep 19 2016 - 04:42, said:

That looks awesome! Can't wait to start downloading and using these packs!

Thanks guys! :medal: I try.

View PostLOUD_METAL, on Sep 18 2016 - 19:06, said:

Huh, weird. I'll check the files on my end, but I haven't had that problem so far... might it possibly be another mod?

LOUD_METAL #75 Posted Sep 20 2016 - 01:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9647 battles

Maybe...

Avalon304 #76 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 23:22

Major

• Players
  • 16563 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

Hye, Fastest. I just installed Milkymans HD 215b and this is what happened:

http://i.imgur.com/mwUn5Tr.jpg

Turret looks great. Hull is not so much.

EDIT: Restarted the game. Changed nothing. Was fixed. World of Tanks.

Edited by Avalon304, Sep 28 2016 - 23:26.

FastestClassic #77 Posted Sep 29 2016 - 02:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24014 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 28 2016 - 15:22, said:

Hye, Fastest. I just installed Milkymans HD 215b and this is what happened:

http://i.imgur.com/mwUn5Tr.jpg

Turret looks great. Hull is not so much.

EDIT: Restarted the game. Changed nothing. Was fixed. World of Tanks.

Huh, weird... One thing I should mention is that if you install the HD 215b model after installing my mod, the textures won't stay green, at least for the hull. If you install the mod, make sure to install the skin pack second so the textures are replaced properly. Well, unless you don't replace the textures when you install the HD model

Avalon304 #78 Posted Sep 29 2016 - 05:38

Major

• Players
  • 16563 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostFastestClassic, on Sep 28 2016 - 17:09, said:

Huh, weird... One thing I should mention is that if you install the HD 215b model after installing my mod, the textures won't stay green, at least for the hull. If you install the mod, make sure to install the skin pack second so the textures are replaced properly. Well, unless you don't replace the textures when you install the HD model

Yea, I didnt replace the textures, and yet it was like that upon starup... and then a restart fixed it... because reasons.

Chad1233 #79 Posted Sep 30 2016 - 04:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32435 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
I've opened your file site with 3 different browsers and can not download your japanese color skin no matter what I do.

Do you have any other options?

FastestClassic #80 Posted Sep 30 2016 - 05:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24014 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostChad1233, on Sep 29 2016 - 20:43, said:

I've opened your file site with 3 different browsers and can not download your japanese color skin no matter what I do.

Do you have any other options?

Uh... well, I used to use Dropbox and Google Drive, but I ran out of space on both. I removed some stuff from my Dropbox to make some space for the Japanese pack, however... hopefully this works! https://www.dropbox....15.2].zip?dl=0 

Also tagged with japan, color, swap, skin pack, czechoslovakia, bundeswehr, skins, germany, britain, China

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users