[1.1.0 - 1.2.0.1] Classic's WoT Workshop | Vehicle Skins, Mods/Remodels, & Skin Packs (11/14...

color swap skin pack bundeswehr skins mods recolor remodels

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

FastestClassic #321 Posted Aug 23 2018 - 06:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27104 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostLt_Saburo_Sakamura, on Aug 22 2018 - 10:27, said:

Hi mate, thx for your great work , I am using nearly all of your skin packs and the tanks looking great with them.

With your new "The Dakka Improvement Project" you give us another great upgrade for that game.

What do you think about that:  The new italian tree  has nearly all tanks developed during WWII up to the  P.44 Pantera, which was influenced from the german Panther tank.

I have the Dakka Project files for these tanks installed and had seen that the WWII tanks have the german post war FLA MG  MG3, the post war derivative version of the famous WWII MG42

on top. Here I have a little suggestion: for me personally it would look a bit more historical if the WWII tanks would have the italian BREDA SAFAT  MG on top, which ypu could take from the low tier italian tanks.

This is only a little suggestion, maybe you find it a great idea, if not it's no prob, your work is great anyway.

Greetz,

Saburo

Hi! Firstly, thank you -- glad to hear you like them! :) For the Italian tanks I have included (P.43 bis, P.43 ter, and P.44 Pantera), I was originally planning on using the Breda-SAFAT machine gun for somewhat more of a "historical" feel; however, I was having trouble positioning it in a logical spot, since the design for the mount used on the low-tier Italian vehicles is a little... well, unusual, to say the least. :P (Additionally, the edges of the turret roofs on these vehicles slant outwards towards the front, which, combined with both the larger size and revised layout compared to the lower tiers, makes them a bit trickier to place in a sensible position.) I realized the MG3s are a bit beyond their time period, but they fit much better in terms of positioning, so I ended up going with those instead. (Plus, they have a neat look to them, IMO.) However, I have been (and still am) considering replacing these with the Breda MGs at some point (if I can find a good spot for them). I'll have another go at it this week and see if I can come up with a proper way to make them work on these vehicles. :great: Thanks for the suggestion! :medal:

(In fact, this issue is not exactly limited to the Italian tanks in this pack -- there are several other vehicles which I had multiple different configurations of machine gunnery in mind for [i.e. the T-54 ltwt], but unfortunately, I can only make one of them work per-vehicle in the game at a time. I have been toying around

with several different ideas for solutions to this, but I have yet to decide on which I want to stick with. For now, I will continue the same way I have been with the first two releases, but I might make these alternative configurations available at some point. [Maybe as a set of add-ons?])

By the way, while I'm on the subject of the Dakka Improvement Project, I was hoping to get another major release out by the time Update 1.1 hit (August 29), but sadly, I don't think enough of the vehicles I had planned to include are ready to release yet. However, I will be putting out a small update to add a couple of the new Polish vehicles to the pack -- namely, the tier IV & V vehicles in the line, a.k.a. the 14TP and 25TP KSUST II. Keep an eye out for more info on that next week, along with another set of Update Notes. :honoring:

Edited by FastestClassic, Aug 23 2018 - 06:10.

Lt_Saburo_Sakamura #322 Posted Aug 23 2018 - 12:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31 battles

Ah OK, I see...

That sounds good that we can expect a new update in the near future  :medal:

But don't get under pressure (maybe by yourself ;)  )

So it's done when it's done, we all will be patient  and I appreciate for all your nice work mate  :great:

Edited by Lt_Saburo_Sakamura, Aug 23 2018 - 12:11.

yeoldewar #323 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 22:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16623 battles
  • [L13TH] L13TH
some of the dakka improvement files don't seem to work such as the T32

FastestClassic #324 Posted Sep 01 2018 - 02:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27104 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View Postyeoldewar, on Aug 31 2018 - 14:26, said:

some of the dakka improvement files don't seem to work such as the T32

Checked the T32 just now, and I realized I had accidentally packaged the file incorrectly (hence why it wasn't working). Uploaded a fix just now; hopefully it should work now. :) Thanks for the report! (Also, I checked the rest of the vehicles for any packaging issues, and everything looks fine on my end, but let me know if you encounter any other issues.)

Also, something for everyone: most of you have likely already noticed the update to the thread's topic, but in case you haven't yet, everything has been updated to work with Update 1.1. For a list of changes since the last patch, see the dedicated Update Notes post here. (In case the hyperlink doesn't work, here is the URL for the post: https://classicswotworkshop.weebly.com/home/update-notes-june-august-2018-110)

Oh, and as for the Italian tanks in the Dakka Improvement Project, I've been playing around with some ideas, and I think I may have a solution for where to mount the proper Breda machine guns. The guns/mounts will likely be switched in the next major update for the project (slated for release around the end of September), with the current (unhistorical) setups becoming optional add-ons (which you will still be able to use instead of the new ones if you so desire). :honoring:

mfl350z #325 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 19:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31114 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

{REMOVED}

Edited by mfl350z, Sep 08 2018 - 19:57.

FastestClassic #326 Posted Today, 03:09 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27104 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

Hi all!

Realized I hadn't yet posted about this here: the first wave of fixes/updates for WoT 1.2 have arrived! (Okay, technically, they arrived a couple weeks ago, but... uh, yeah, about that :hiding: sorta forgot to post here, sorry :P )

This wave includes fixes for all of my recolor packs (excluding the legacy/unsupported ones, of course). For context: an issue had come up with the release of WoT 1.2, which caused vehicle textures to display incorrectly in battle with any recolor pack installed. This appears to have caused by an internal change, which made the game load textures incorrectly if they were not in the correct format. As such, I have corrected the format of all the included textures in these recolor packs -- meaning, in layman's terms, the recolor packs should work just fine again! I've written a full post about it on the site, as well as the plan for the rest of these fixes/updates, which you can find here:

https://classicswotw...12-fixes-wave-1

On the subject of these waves (and if you don't know what I'm talking about, check the above post on my site, as it explains everything :P ) -- the updates for wave 2 are currently in the works! While the full wave is not yet completed, a good portion of my skins/mods/remodels have already been updated-- for the time being, you can find these on my Github page (as the ones with the most recent updates are shown first). Once everything is done, I'll make a complete announcement post about it on the site, after which I will get to work on wave 3 (new releases, for which I have a lot planned!).

Stay tuned for more info! Enjoy, and happy tanking!

Also tagged with color, swap, skin pack, bundeswehr, skins, mods, recolor, remodels

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users