[1.4.0.1] Classic's WoT Workshop | Vehicle Skins, Mods/Remodels, & Skin Packs (11/14)

color swap skin pack bundeswehr skins mods recolor remodels

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

FastestClassic #341 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 09:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27995 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

Whoops, seems I missed a fair bit -- sorry about that! But better late than never, I guess:

- Firstly, thanks for the report on the Hungarian mini-pack; I must've missed updating part of that one, my bad. (That's most likely caused by the same issues I outlined before.) I'll take a look at that right now -- once I find the problem, a fix should be out (most likely by tomorrow). EDIT: Uh... whoops, kinda forgot about doing that :hiding: My bad; sorry for the delay! Anyway, updated it now (+ fixed the scripts to work function properly in 1.3), and it seems to work fine on my end. Hope that helps. :honoring:

- Secondly:

View PostlABYSSl, on Dec 07 2018 - 17:29, said:

I'm finished! I made custom Carousel icons for every vehicle that is included in the German Primer Red skin pack! Every vehicle has a red hull, a black barrel and Neue Dunkelgelb wheels. Here are a pair of screenshots that shows off all of these icons, tell me what you think as I am eager to receive any form of feedback on my work.

Spoiler

From the screenshots you posted, those look great! Thought the red was a bit dark on first glance, but it seems to match pretty closely with the actual color. I do think a tiny bit less saturation may make it look completely spot-on, but otherwise, very neat! :medal: I'd love to include those with the pack -- would you be down for that? (If so, I'll be sure to credit you for the icons, of course. :P )

- As for the issue with posting images, I generally just use Imgur to host the images I want to post here. Seems the forum doesn't mind embeds from there (usually).

(Also, thanks for providing the helpful responses while I was away, Fett! :great: )

Oh, and one last thing for everyone: unfortunately, it seems a bunch of things have to be updated yet again for proper functionality with 1.3. Therefore, while I had planned to finish wave 2 of updates by the time Update 1.3 was released (a.k.a. tomorrow), it looks like that's probably not going to happen. Thankfully, most of the updates should be minor, and most of the old versions should work just fine for now (minus the new large decal customization on tier 8 & 10 vehicles, anyway), but they still need to be done, which pushes the full completion of wave 2 a bit further back than I was hoping/expecting.

Regardless, in essence -- anything that hasn't been updated on my Github page since 1.2 was released may have some texture issues (namely skins), but otherwise, everything should work fine with the new update (again, sans the new large-decal customization on the vehicles which that applies to). UPDATE: See below edit. If anything doesn't, however, let me know. In the meantime, I will work on getting the updates for 1.3 out ASAP (er, once finals are over), as well as (hopefully) some new content releases, so stay tuned (and Happy Holidays)!

EDIT: Unfortunately, from what I've been hearing, it sounds like mods using the previous version(s) of vehicle XMLs (regardless of whether they were updated to the new 1.2 format or still used ones prior) do in fact tend to break in the latest version of the game. I am not sure exactly which of my mods this specifically applies to, but I think it would be safe to assume that a lot of them won't work properly until they receive an update (or will at the very least be affected in some way). Apologies for the inconvenience; I will get working on a fix ASAP.

Additionally, the format for the .VT (decal/BSP) models (which are what make the decals/hit markers/etc. show up on vehicle models correctly) appears to have changed with this update, so these decals/hit markers will likely display incorrectly on remodels. Unfortunately, I will probably not be able to fix this issue until the new format is deciphered, or a new exporter/conversion tool is released (mind you, WG doesn't release them -- essentially, the community has to figure it out for themselves :sceptic: ). However, I will let you guys know once this is resolved. (And a massive thank you to all the other modders/coding wizards actively working on deciphering this sort of stuff!)

lABYSSl #342 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 16:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 19284 battles
  • [-X] -X

Thanks for your response Classic (and sorry for my late response, I was with family for the holidays).

Thanks for the Imgur advice, I'll set one up as soon as I'm able to do so and as for using the my Carousal Icons for your mod, yes absolutely. It's super cool to contribute to my favorite skin pack! :) I do not have the original .psd files because they ended up taking a large amount of space on my compy, so all I have are the finished products. I might go back and edit their overall saturation a little bit, but only if I can find the time.

Also, I'm not sure is this is what you where talking about in the second half of your post, but the collection of mods that I have from you (Primer Red, Hungarian, KV-2 754®, Chrysler K Black) prevent my World of Tanks from opening at all. I'm not sure which mod it is but I'm sad that I can't use my favorite skins any more :(. I'm not sure if this information helps any, but I hope it does! God speed Classic!

lABYSSl #343 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 12:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 19284 battles
  • [-X] -X
I was recently able to apply all of the mods I had previously (Primer Red, Hungarian, KV-2 754®, Chrysler K Black) again as I did some experimenting and found that the what was causing my game to crash was the script folder for the KV-2 754® (and the removal of the AMX 13 57F and M41 90 GF grand final logos). Simply removing the script folder allowed me to run the rest of my mods perfectly.

lABYSSl #344 Posted Feb 19 2019 - 23:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 19284 battles
  • [-X] -X

I recently applied your leFH Skorpion G skin and I'm really liking it. I decided to make a custom icon for this mod so that both the Tech Tree icon and the Carousal icon match the look of the 'mismatched' skin. I attempted to get the Neue Dunkelgelb hull and running gear as close to the color on the model as I could and I like the result. Thought you might like to see it.

lABYSSl #345 Posted Feb 19 2019 - 23:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 19284 battles
  • [-X] -X

View PostlABYSSl, on Feb 19 2019 - 22:24, said:

I recently applied your leFH Skorpion G skin and I'm really liking it. I decided to make a custom icon for this mod so that both the Tech Tree icon and the Carousal icon match the look of the 'mismatched' skin. I attempted to get the Neue Dunkelgelb hull and running gear as close to the color on the model as I could and I like the result. Thought you might like to see it.

Sorry about the image quality. I have fussed with it for a while now and I can't figure out what is wrong. The actual image is 1920x1080 and I've uploaded it just like all the others, but something keeps going wrong. Hope it will suffice for now.

Also tagged with color, swap, skin pack, bundeswehr, skins, mods, recolor, remodels

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users