Jump to content


Which part of the game is driving people away?


  • Please log in to reply
657 replies to this topic

Poll: Worst part of the game (965 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

What is the worst part of this game

  1. Losing streaks (357 votes [21.30%])

    Percentage of vote: 21.30%

  2. Artillery (438 votes [26.13%])

    Percentage of vote: 26.13%

  3. Game stagnation (205 votes [12.23%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.23%

  4. Stacked teams (Rigged MM) (490 votes [29.24%])

    Percentage of vote: 29.24%

  5. Use of unfair mods (186 votes [11.10%])

    Percentage of vote: 11.10%

Vote Hide poll

Tao_Te_Tomato #641 Posted May 06 2019 - 19:46

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28812 battles
  • 4,095
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View PostCaketime, on May 06 2019 - 19:28, said:

 

I've never played another team game where people suiciding due to undesirable stats on their team is a regular thing. XVM is a unique flavor of cancer. I feel that the stat tracking is nice on its own but good lord does it inspire some [edited]ery.

 

Maybe if players who die in the first 30-45 seconds were locked in game until the game finished?

Caketime #642 Posted May 06 2019 - 19:55

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2182 battles
  • 351
  • [-H-H] -H-H
  • Member since:
    05-06-2016

View PostTao_Te_Tomato, on May 06 2019 - 19:46, said:

 

Maybe if players who die in the first 30-45 seconds were locked in game until the game finished?

 

Now there's an idea with some merit.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #643 Posted May 08 2019 - 02:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,308
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWhiteBishop, on May 06 2019 - 00:10, said:

I'm surprised XVM isn't on this list. Nothing is more irritating than having someone whine about tomatoes and you, as a new player, have no freakin' clue what he's yammering on about until the 'green' or 'blue' begins losing and starts having seizures in chat.

 

Seriously that mod is cancer, even more cancerous than Gear Score in WoW. 

View PostCaketime, on May 06 2019 - 13:28, said:

 

I've never played another team game where people suiciding due to undesirable stats on their team is a regular thing. XVM is a unique flavor of cancer. I feel that the stat tracking is nice on its own but good lord does it inspire some [edited]ery.

 

^..Are you folks aware of the new upcoming stat-anonymizer {Fog-of-War} feature that WG is currently working on..?

 

In other words, XVM itself, may not have to be removed, or even banned. If usernames are effectively scrambled automatically by the client {in-game, for ALL players}, and these stat-pulling mods are unable to pull info from the API, then this mod {XVM}, and others like it, will be rendered useless and ineffective.

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/597459-what-time-will-be-able-to-play-updated-version-without-xvm-mods/page__st__60__pid__12079489#entry12079489

 

 

View PostTao_Te_Tomato, on May 06 2019 - 13:46, said:

 

Maybe if players who die in the first 30-45 seconds were locked in game until the game finished?

 

Let me guess, that type of deliberate suiciding is usually caused by the use of that 'percent-chance-to-win' mod, right..? *ie: Mod shows they only have a '20% chance to win', so they immediately take a nose dive in to a lake and drown themselves....:facepalm: Seems like another classic example of the 'tail wagging the dog' {or the stat-mod wagging the player, in this case}. Yep, toxic mod and toxic behaviour, if you ask me.

 

 



Tao_Te_Tomato #644 Posted May 08 2019 - 04:57

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28812 battles
  • 4,095
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on May 08 2019 - 02:56, said:

 

^..Are you folks aware of the new upcoming stat-anonymizer {Fog-of-War} feature that WG is currently working on..?

 

In other words, XVM itself, may not have to be removed, or even banned. If usernames are effectively scrambled automatically by the client {in-game, for ALL players}, and these stat-pulling mods are unable to pull info from the API, then this mod {XVM}, and others like it, will be rendered useless and ineffective.

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/597459-what-time-will-be-able-to-play-updated-version-without-xvm-mods/page__st__60__pid__12079489#entry12079489

 

 

 

Let me guess, that type of deliberate suiciding is usually caused by the use of that 'percent-chance-to-win' mod, right..? *ie: Mod shows they only have a '20% chance to win', so they immediately take a nose dive in to a lake and drown themselves....:facepalm: Seems like another classic example of the 'tail wagging the dog' {or the stat-mod wagging the player, in this case}. Yep, toxic mod and toxic behaviour, if you ask me.

 

 

 

Pretty sure a lot of it is, yep.  Sometimes it's just bad driving, though.* 

 

But both should be penalized, at least a bit.

 

 

*you can drown on the south spawn of Erhlenberg.  Who knew?



Iron_Soul_Stealer #645 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 01:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,308
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTao_Te_Tomato, on May 07 2019 - 22:57, said:

 

Pretty sure a lot of it is, yep.  Sometimes it's just bad driving, though.* 

 

But both should be penalized, at least a bit.

 

 

*you can drown on the south spawn of Erhlenberg.  Who knew?

 

^..Interesting.

*And yes, 'bad driving', I've been there, too..:facepalm: Accidents happen, but I've also seen a lot of deliberate stuff out there when it comes to team killing, cliff jumping, and drowning etc. That just makes for a terrible gaming experience for all our players.

 

 

 

 

 



da_Rock002 #646 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 02:30

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10375 battles
  • 4,007
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 08 2019 - 19:35, said:

 

^..Interesting.

*And yes, 'bad driving', I've been there, too..:facepalm: Accidents happen, but I've also seen a lot of deliberate stuff out there when it comes to team killing, cliff jumping, and drowning etc. That just makes for a terrible gaming experience for all our players.

 

 

 

 

 


Hey.... haven't seen you in a while.     

welcome back to the forums.    



Sonny_2013 #647 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 09:22

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30512 battles
  • 633
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
many things frustrate me about this...soemtimes i feel like im the only one doing anything out there i have to cover 2-3 flanks and go back and reset cap because nobody does anything...like i dont understand how that ever happens...and how do you lose 14 tanks in the first 3 minutes and not kill any of theres.....? i just dont get it...people out here are just so incredibly stupid i cant wrap my head around soemtimes just complete idiots. you'd think at higher tiers or any tier like by 6 at least you have a grasp of how to play.....i mean i know im not the best but when you get 10 kills a battle and you still manage to lose like how tf does that happen? i mean you as 1 killed ten and the other 14 couldnt kill 5 in total? like its so deflating...and the teams that fold like dominos one after another and 3 minutes in you're down 14-1...its a waste of time and not something i desire to participate in.....i try to make my stats better for my own sake but sometimes its doesnt seem to matter how good my team is they will mess it up no matter what but idk maybe its my mindset i guess thinking negative.....i still put up same numbers and maybe its a little bit that i lack the desire to play this game anymore...the people are toxic as heck and game mechanics are rtarded....the RNg has been discussed many times so no need and im over it..im just going to take a break...maybe come back...maybe not but long losing straks for no other reason than it seems like people being total decks is just a complete turnoff...they ruin the game and the fun..... many things but pointless to say as it appears to fall on deaf ears

Edited by Sonny_2013, Dec 09 2019 - 09:23.


Sonny_2013 #648 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 09:25

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30512 battles
  • 633
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
the mods arent to blame its the people....ive won with 20 percent chance and ive probably lost wiht 80 percent its the people that believe that crap....they see a blue player on the other team and immediately start thinking bad but theres alot of things to take into consideration on peoples stats...i do myself....xvm is not to blame for the retarded mentality of people who play this..

PFCWilliams #649 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 10:14

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 29176 battles
  • 795
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostSilversound, on Jul 12 2016 - 00:27, said:

The Anime crowd children.

 

Seriously, how much of a loser are these people with the anime avatar, anime signature and typing all their text in large bold green letters.  And these people are not young, these are guys in there f***ing 40's.  I used to watch anime and stopped in my 20's because I realized 90% of it is stupid crap. 



Mr_G0NE #650 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 10:16

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 27650 battles
  • 380
  • Member since:
    05-01-2013

View PostPFCWilliams, on Dec 09 2019 - 10:14, said:

 

Seriously, how much of a loser are these people with the anime avatar, anime signature and typing all their text in large bold green letters.  And these people are not young, these are guys in there f***ing 40's.  I used to watch anime and stopped in my 20's because I realized 90% of it is stupid crap. 


Sturgeon's Law - 90% of EVERYTHING is crap.



Gunn_Fyter #651 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 11:53

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 472 battles
  • 179
  • Member since:
    09-10-2015
You forgot the clown car option. 

Chicken_Little #652 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 12:22

    Private

  • Players
  • 11303 battles
  • 4
  • [BRU2L] BRU2L
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011
Need to get rid of the stats that show up in matches, green, blue, red whatever. Some players get a defeatist attitude right from the start and it’s down hill from there. No need to see that stuff in a match , what’s the point. I took a 4 year break from this game where before I was had that mod installed and could see stats, now I don’t ; at the start of matches I just look at the tank types that are the biggest threat and go from there.

D8W2P4 #653 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 12:24

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32616 battles
  • 661
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012

View PostGunn_Fyter, on Dec 09 2019 - 05:53, said:

You forgot the clown car option. 

This thread is 3 years old.



Comrade_Killshot #654 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 14:27

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21671 battles
  • 361
  • [IRE] IRE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

I would say the worst thing keeping the game from gaining new players is the atrocity that is tiers 1-4. I always advise people to grind out low tiers on the SA server and play against bots. The NA server will just get you seal clubbed. 


Edited by comradekillshot, Dec 09 2019 - 14:27.


Iron_Soul_Stealer #655 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 06:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,308
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postda_Rock002, on Dec 08 2019 - 20:30, said:


Hey.... haven't seen you in a while.     

welcome back to the forums.    

I never really left. But thanks...:B Nice to see you, too.

 

View PostSonny_2013, on Dec 09 2019 - 03:25, said:

the mods arent to blame its the people....ive won with 20 percent chance and ive probably lost wiht 80 percent its the people that believe that crap....they see a blue player on the other team and immediately start thinking bad but theres alot of things to take into consideration on peoples stats...i do myself....xvm is not to blame for the retarded mentality of people who play this..

^..Keep 'wagging the dog', xvm...:facepalm:

 

View PostMr_G0NE, on Dec 09 2019 - 04:16, said:


Sturgeon's Law - 90% of EVERYTHING is crap.

I used to catch those fish when I was a kid.True story...:rolleyes: Sturgeon is an ancient fish and really good eating! Definitely NOT crap. 

 

View PostD8W2P4, on Dec 09 2019 - 06:24, said:

This thread is 3 years old.

 

^..So...?



Iron_Soul_Stealer #656 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 07:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,308
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTao_Te_Tomato, on May 06 2019 - 13:46, said:

 

Maybe if players who die in the first 30-45 seconds were locked in game until the game finished?

^...Yikes! I guess that might include me....for the most part...:ohmy:

 

I'd be locked up after almost every one of my battles...:facepalm:

       *Edit Note: I don't die quickly on purpose. It just happens.

 



IcAnz #657 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 08:47

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7572 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013
The Game isn't Newbie Friendly thus driving away New Blood fairly quickly.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #658 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 09:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,308
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostIcAnz, on Feb 06 2020 - 02:47, said:

The Game isn't Newbie Friendly thus driving away New Blood fairly quickly.

 

All the more reason to have this:

 

Wargaming.net should add a decent Historical Based PvE/co-op mode to World of Tanks, like they currently have, and are using in World of Warships. Honestly, I really like having that WoWS option of teaming up with real players to fight against various 'ship bots', while still being able to earn some decent credits and XP, as well as being able to learn the game, and advance and do well in the game. Why can't we have the same co-op mode option here in wot? {and I'm not talking about low tier Proving grounds}. I'd like to co-op battle some really smart AI tank bots all the way up to tier 10. Honestly, if we had a good PvE/co-op mode in wot, I know I'd play, and learn, a whole lot more.

 

More importantly, and because I'm a terrible wot player, I am also having great difficulty doing well and advancing in your random battle mode. Most times, I can't even manage to win a battle and get my x2 for the day in a tier 6 tank I'm trying to grind. And these long losing streaks just make me want to quit the game and do something else more fun. So, I believe that if players like myself had the option of still earning some decent credits and XP, and increasing our crew skills, while playing a co-op mode with other real players {vs bots}, then we could at least stand a chance in your random battles against your well-seasoned veteran players. But right now, I can't get ahead because I can't even win a battle, and I can't win a battle because I can't even get my tank out of stock. And my tank crews are also terribly under-trained. It's a Catch-22. I take one step forward, and then I get pushed back four steps every time I hit 'battle'.

 

Kind Regards,
-Iron

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users