"Let's Battle Tour"

Tour Events Networking

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: "Let's Battle Tour" in San Diego, CA (6 members have cast votes)

Going to "Let's Battle Tour"!?

1. YES! (3 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. no :( (3 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

DwindledSoul #1 Posted Jul 13 2016 - 17:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11060 battles

Hey Tankers! 

Anyone else going to this?? I'm excited I actually get to go because they're close enough! 

Details: "Let's Battle Tour"

Actually excited to visit the USS Midway as well!:honoring::popcorn:

Steamboat_Willy_Sr #2 Posted Jul 13 2016 - 17:08

Major

• Players
  • 38908 battles
  • [FTRP] FTRP
The Midway is an amazing tour and cheap as well.  I did this a year or so ago when visiting San Diego.  Too far for a WG meet and greet, eventually, they may come close enough for me to actually make one of these.

__Tec__ #3 Posted Jul 13 2016 - 17:09

Captain

• Players
  • 38862 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Visited the USS Yorktown in Charleston a year ago, was a great time.  Be prepared for a hike.

Cutthroatlemur #4 Posted Jul 13 2016 - 17:32

Major

• Players
  • 18726 battles

Ship tours can be really fun!  I've seen Midway in San Diego, Intrepid in NYC, and Missouri in Pearl Harbor, as well as several submarines (oddly I haven't seen the Hornet despite the fact that it is just a few miles from me here in the Bay Area).

Enjoy!

LordCommanderMilitant #5 Posted Jul 13 2016 - 17:37

Major

• Players
  • 8577 battles
  • [KURO] KURO

The USS Midway is awesome.

I've actually stayed the night on her twice, in the sailors' bunks. Well worth it. Even more worth it if you don't sit up in the morning when your alarm goes off :P.

DwindledSoul #6 Posted Jul 13 2016 - 17:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11060 battles

View PostSteamboat_Willy_Sr, on Jul 13 2016 - 08:08, said:

The Midway is an amazing tour and cheap as well.  I did this a year or so ago when visiting San Diego.  Too far for a WG meet and greet, eventually, they may come close enough for me to actually make one of these.

Awesome! I've always wanted to go. Recently went on the USS Iowa in San Pedro, which was awesome!:great: I'm excited to finally have a meet & greet close by, and I hope they do one close to you comrade!

View Post__Tec__, on Jul 13 2016 - 08:09, said:

Visited the USS Yorktown in Charleston a year ago, was a great time.  Be prepared for a hike.

:)Always have to wear comfortable clothes and shoes! Love going to this iconic places. Went to the USS Iowa last month or so it was awesome.

View PostCutthroatlemur, on Jul 13 2016 - 08:32, said:

Ship tours can be really fun!  I've seen Midway in San Diego, Intrepid in NYC, and Missouri in Pearl Harbor, as well as several submarines (oddly I haven't seen the Hornet despite the fact that it is just a few miles from me here in the Bay Area).

Enjoy!

Thank you! How was the Missouri?? Haven't been yet.

View PostLordCommanderMilitant, on Jul 13 2016 - 08:37, said:

The USS Midway is awesome.

I've actually stayed the night on her twice, in the sailors' bunks. Well worth it. Even more worth it if you don't sit up in the morning when your alarm goes off :P.

:teethhappy:That's awesome! I'm super excited 

dmckay #7 Posted Jul 13 2016 - 18:18

Major

• Players
  • 12805 battles

View Post__Tec__, on Jul 13 2016 - 11:09, said:

I did the Yorktown several years ago. I was kinda amazed at how big it was and this was a WWII carrier. Got lost below decks briefly!  I have never been on a modern nuke carrier but they are HUGE. I would like to tour one. 

DwindledSoul #8 Posted Jul 13 2016 - 18:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11060 battles

View Postdmckay, on Jul 13 2016 - 09:18, said:

I did the Yorktown several years ago. I was kinda amazed at how big it was and this was a WWII carrier. Got lost below decks briefly!  I have never been on a modern nuke carrier but they are HUGE. I would like to tour one. 

Oh jeez! haha The USS Iowa was like a maze, even with the areas they roped off :teethhappy:

LordCommanderMilitant #9 Posted Jul 13 2016 - 18:35

Major

• Players
  • 8577 battles
  • [KURO] KURO

View PostDwindledSoul, on Jul 13 2016 - 16:56, said:

Awesome! I've always wanted to go. Recently went on the USS Iowa in San Pedro, which was awesome!:great: I'm excited to finally have a meet & greet close by, and I hope they do one close to you comrade!

:)Always have to wear comfortable clothes and shoes! Love going to this iconic places. Went to the USS Iowa last month or so it was awesome.

Thank you! How was the Missouri?? Haven't been yet.

:teethhappy:That's awesome! I'm super excited 

Missouri is great. They have [or at least had] a really good "Battlestations Tour" where they take you inside the turrets and down to see the fire control clocks and machine spaces. If you ever go there, make sure to tour the USS Bowfin and the Pacific Aviation Museum as well, they're both at Pearl Harbor and are well worth the money.

Also over there worth visiting is the Army Museum of the Pacific at Battery Randolf in Fort DeRussy. It's right in the middle of Waikiki, so it's within walking distance of all the hotels, and it's got a M24, Ha-Go, 75mm AT gun and 105mm Howitzer outside, so you can't miss it if you walk/drive around. It's a very good museum and well worth visiting if you have half a day to spare [And the best part: it's air conditioned.]

For what it's worth, Oahu is covered in military sites of historical interest. 

Edited by LordCommanderMilitant, Jul 13 2016 - 18:38.

DwindledSoul #10 Posted Jul 13 2016 - 19:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11060 battles

View PostLordCommanderMilitant, on Jul 13 2016 - 09:35, said:

Missouri is great. They have [or at least had] a really good "Battlestations Tour" where they take you inside the turrets and down to see the fire control clocks and machine spaces. If you ever go there, make sure to tour the USS Bowfin and the Pacific Aviation Museum as well, they're both at Pearl Harbor and are well worth the money.

Also over there worth visiting is the Army Museum of the Pacific at Battery Randolf in Fort DeRussy. It's right in the middle of Waikiki, so it's within walking distance of all the hotels, and it's got a M24, Ha-Go, 75mm AT gun and 105mm Howitzer outside, so you can't miss it if you walk/drive around. It's a very good museum and well worth visiting if you have half a day to spare [And the best part: it's air conditioned.]

For what it's worth, Oahu is covered in military sites of historical interest. 

Wow! Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be making a list of places to go and explore:honoring:  I've been fortunate to go to the USS Iowa, American Military Museum in Rosemead. I think I've been to the SF ones as a kid but can't remember. One day I'll go again :)

LordCommanderMilitant #11 Posted Jul 13 2016 - 19:29

Major

• Players
  • 8577 battles
  • [KURO] KURO

View PostDwindledSoul, on Jul 13 2016 - 18:12, said:

Wow! Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be making a list of places to go and explore:honoring:  I've been fortunate to go to the USS Iowa, American Military Museum in Rosemead. I think I've been to the SF ones as a kid but can't remember. One day I'll go again :)

SF has the Liberty Ship and Rosie the Riveter Memorial, the Nike Missile Silo, Fort Point, Batteries Wallace and Mendel, and a few other places that are cool things to stop at for an hour or two.

I have an endless list of "places I've been".

As far as the Let's Battle Tour, while I'd love to go, and for once the meet and greet event is in my city, I have commitments on Friday evening, and I work during the day. Maybe I can find some time.

Edited by LordCommanderMilitant, Jul 13 2016 - 19:41.

Also tagged with Tour, Events, Networking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users