• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

_Promote_Synergy_ #1621 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:19

Captain

• Players
  • 16137 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 06 2018 - 15:07, said:

Why did you not post the scout tank one here? There is some excellent learning in that vid.

It wasn't a huge game but it was fun. For anyone curious here is the game :^) 

This is a match on how to keep your cool in tough situations.

http://wotreplays.eu...ergy-amx_13_105

GAJohnnie #1622 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:26

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Dec 06 2018 - 10:19, said:

It wasn't a huge game but it was fun. For anyone curious here is the game :^) 

This is a match on how to keep your cool in tough situations.

http://wotreplays.eu...ergy-amx_13_105

Maybe not a huge game by your standards. For an average player that is magic in action

GAJohnnie #1623 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 15:52

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Everyone like me? Too busy to tank? Or just no one having any good games?

dunniteowl #1624 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 16:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 23683 battles

MY best damage games are riding on the tails of squeaker losses.  1611 damage in the Bishop, 4 kills, some madman on the other side of the map, pinging away and then chats, "Arty feel free to fire any time."

So I respond, "You're out of range smart a$$."  This in the same match where I am the only one on Karelia doing damage in the valley side while someone repeatedly pings my location and the location where I am already doing damage.  I have been having a tough time keeping my cool the last few days.  That match I came away with a High Caliber while dealing with folks who simply camped their positions while pinging for help or who kept pinging locations that I was the only one doing damage at in the first place -- all while indicating I should DO SOMETHING.  Most frustrating at 8 fps to try to explain that I AM the ONLY ONE doing something at the moment.

It's been like this for the last few days and now my "Q" and "I" keys are also on the fritz more often than not.

Also, on Erlenburg I once again accidentally hit the "F" key and backed off into the that stupid river with no way to get out of it and drowned.  That was totally my fault, however it does not lessen the frustration factor.  Fortunately I had already done 1172 HP of damage and 3 kills in the Grille before that happened and we were winning, so... not as bad.

It's been days and days like this.  My highest damage games are on losses where the rest of the team folds up like a cheap card table.  And there have been a LOT of those. 

On Himmelsdorf, T1 Heavy.  I realize the hill is where most of their team is and there are few if any on the ground floor.  In order to provide a flanking distraction, I go up the backside to attack from the rear and run into the TOG II.  At 1400 HP, it's a beast, but it was alone and there was a Jackson who followed me -- up until the last moment.  I really thought we'd be two going into the rear of their hill force.  I took out 786 HP of the TOG II before 2 more of their back units responded.  We did the dance for about two minutes before they wore me down and I just could not extricate, much as I wanted to.  The TOG II was actually so big it kept me from getting back around to my exit point, just from sheer size.

Like I said earlier, no matter which unit, which map, which tier, I have just been making the worst calls overall and cannot seem to get over it.  I can deal with my technical limits, but something crazy is going on and I do not seem to be able to pin it down so that I can adapt to it.  Grrr!

OvO

GL, HF & HSYBF!

(and HANG IN THERE)

GAJohnnie #1625 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 16:38

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Yeah I am hearing this a LOT. Hang in there Dun.

SlipperySlaughterDaddy #1626 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 19:33

Captain

• Players
  • 8335 battles

Well i haven't made someone this mad in a long time so i guess i can consider it an accomplishment. TL:DR, Enemies T95 got caught up against 5 of us, i got behind him and prevented him from retreating while we all whittled his health down to nothing. After the battle, i got this wonderful message from him in the garage. I have since then reported it to support and he will most likely not be talking in team chat anytime soon, but who knows. Kids, beware. If you're in a T95 and i'm in a E-50 and i can get behind you, that booty is mine.

Posted Image

GAJohnnie #1627 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 19:47

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Just...wow, pissed off at your for playing well?.....just wow :sceptic:

SlipperySlaughterDaddy #1628 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 19:50

Captain

• Players
  • 8335 battles

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 07 2018 - 13:47, said:

Just...wow, pissed off at your for playing well?.....just wow :sceptic:

Yep. We were on El Halluf, the spawn i hate the most, we fought and won tank alley while he was still sitting in their base sniping the last we saw. Came around the corner, he was there, i threw it in reverse and he bounced off the upper hull plate, which is when he noticed two of our tanks creepin on his flank. So me and our almost dead Skorp G pushed in on him just to find out he had turned his back to us to deal with our two flankers. I got right up behind him with the E-50 preventing him from putting his butt against the wall and we whittled him down from 1.7k HP. I guess he felt the need to be such a kind hearted soul after the match. XD

dunniteowl #1629 Posted Dec 08 2018 - 04:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 23683 battles

Been having a crap week overall.  These two games, back to back, though, make me feel a teensy, weensy bit better:

Posted Image

Wherein I managed to pull off my 2nd HC of the day (the other was on a loss)

and this one:

Posted Image

Wherein I managed to get one of my favorite Pixel Badge Awards, the Confederate.  Oh, and an Ace Mastery, too!

So, now, I can weather another 40 or so crappy games before I lose my cool factor again.  Toodles!  And, another Oh Yeah, I managed to hit each of their arty, too.  Which is nice because their 41 HMC blind fired me and almost took me out in the first four minutes of the game.

Edited by dunniteowl, Dec 08 2018 - 04:06.

Gothraul #1630 Posted Dec 09 2018 - 03:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 2061 battles

Still grinding the horrendous marathon..

Victory!
Battle: Glacier
Vehicles: Škoda T 50
Experience received: 4,108
Bonds received: 2
Credits earned: 120,731
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Confederate, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

GAJohnnie #1631 Posted Dec 09 2018 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGothraul, on Dec 08 2018 - 21:58, said:

Still grinding the horrendous marathon..

Victory!
Battle: Glacier
Vehicles: Škoda T 50
Experience received: 4,108
Bonds received: 2
Credits earned: 120,731
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Confederate, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

GG Goth!

BadTiger62 #1632 Posted Dec 09 2018 - 22:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1429 battles

Best I have done in T-150So 12-7 was a good day for me in the Russian T-150 killing 8 enemy vehicles and receiving a Top Gun award (my first),Reaper, Master Gunner, Duelist, Fire for Effect, High Caliber, and Radley-Walters Medal. I tried to post an image but could not. If any one has a good free image hosting site that this forum likes would you please pass it on. The very next battle I died miserably. I really want to thank all the tankers who helped me out in these forums and on you-tube. It really does help your game even if fighting two tiers up can be very frustrating and there are days your team gets slaughtered 3-15 - the game can be fun. There are some frustrating issues I would like to see resolved. Having a small portion of your track showing and you take a hit that your entire vehicle is destroyed is a PITA. Fighting two tiers up for noobs like me is super frustrating. I really wish there was a server just for people with 6 or less months in game with only one tier up or down to fight. This might alleviate some frustration and help people learn. It might also cut down on the number of texts you get from angry players calling you a noob and learn to play or leave. LOL, I have had my fair share of those. I have given up on my Victory % and really concentrating on my accuracy. I have gone from low 40s to almost 60% hit ration now. Thanks in part to a few people in the forums. Anyway, the game is frustratingly fun and I hope to get into my next tank soon - grinding out the experience which never seems to come quickly. One mistake the game designers made, imho, is not allowing premium (purchased) tanks from moving up the tech tree. Even though the player bought the tank, it still should be on the tech tree - even if the cost were slightly higher at least the player could work toward a higher tank rather than just training his or her crew. Just a thought - file it where thoughts usually go.

Take care, 

the original  BADTiger (BAD = Brave and Daring) from my early days as a virtual pilot in the BAD-ACES Squadron on WW2OL. Shout out to any mates who ruled the skies with me in that squadron!

Edited by BadTiger62, Dec 10 2018 - 03:21.

GAJohnnie #1633 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 00:39

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Good game BadT!

Try imgur for easy image posting

https://imgur.com/

BadTiger62 #1634 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 03:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1429 battles

Best in T26E4 SP

This is the best I have done in the T26E4 Super Pershing

Mumbochicken #1635 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 05:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7240 battles

Recently started playing again and been grinding the Tiger II.  Took a little while to get used to the game again but had a few good games tonight.

Got an ace tanker doing 3.1k in a tier 10 game:

Can't find the replay for it, but got a second game later in another tier 10 game doing 3k.  http://wotreplays.eu...hicken-tiger_ii

Almost finished with this tank.

GAJohnnie #1636 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 06:36

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Good games Mumbo and BadT!

the_Deadly_Bulb #1637 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 10:37

Major

• Players
  • 23108 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostBadTiger62, on Dec 09 2018 - 13:45, said:

Best I have done in T-150So 12-7 was a good day for me in the Russian T-150 killing 8 enemy vehicles and receiving a Top Gun award (my first),Reaper, Master Gunner, Duelist, Fire for Effect, High Caliber, and Radley-Walters Medal. I tried to post an image but could not. If any one has a good free image hosting site that this forum likes would you please pass it on. The very next battle I died miserably. I really want to thank all the tankers who helped me out in these forums and on you-tube. It really does help your game even if fighting two tiers up can be very frustrating and there are days your team gets slaughtered 3-15 - the game can be fun. There are some frustrating issues I would like to see resolved. Having a small portion of your track showing and you take a hit that your entire vehicle is destroyed is a PITA. Fighting two tiers up for noobs like me is super frustrating. I really wish there was a server just for people with 6 or less months in game with only one tier up or down to fight. This might alleviate some frustration and help people learn. It might also cut down on the number of texts you get from angry players calling you a noob and learn to play or leave. LOL, I have had my fair share of those. I have given up on my Victory % and really concentrating on my accuracy. I have gone from low 40s to almost 60% hit ration now. Thanks in part to a few people in the forums. Anyway, the game is frustratingly fun and I hope to get into my next tank soon - grinding out the experience which never seems to come quickly. One mistake the game designers made, imho, is not allowing premium (purchased) tanks from moving up the tech tree. Even though the player bought the tank, it still should be on the tech tree - even if the cost were slightly higher at least the player could work toward a higher tank rather than just training his or her crew. Just a thought - file it where thoughts usually go.

Take care,

the original  BADTiger (BAD = Brave and Daring) from my early days as a virtual pilot in the BAD-ACES Squadron on WW2OL. Shout out to any mates who ruled the skies with me in that squadron!

Awesome round! :honoring:

SlipperySlaughterDaddy #1638 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 12:28

Captain

• Players
  • 8335 battles
Great games fellas, keep them coming!

Plays_With_Matches #1639 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

Not my highest spotting damage game ever but I think it's my highest in a medium, I believe I had a total of 82 hp of track damage, the rest was spotting.

Spoiler

GAJohnnie #1640 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 16:42

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Nice game Plays! I been grinding my T-44 I seem to get similar results. I can't hurt them but I sure can find them

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users