Come and Brag About Your Accomplishments

• Please log in to reply
2862 replies to this topic

el_01 #2761 Posted Aug 03 2019 - 19:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3195 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Finished the M4 Sherman up yesterday, still don't have enough credits for the E2 and prob won't buy it for a while, but at least it's above 1 million now :). Used 4K free XP to get 6th sense on Ruski Medium Front Turret line commander, probably going to sell the T-34-85 this weekend, maybe in the future I can get the 2nd mark.

Unlocked ARL's top engine too, now it feels less sluggish and can actually get places. Playing it with the 105, and it's basically a compilation of "How did I miss" moments. When it does deliver 300 alpha though, it hits pretty hard. 

Installing the common test server client because why not, anyone know how it works? Do you just get all the tanks immediately or do you actually have to grind? Also, is it worth buying prems in the test server? They give you 20K gold, figured I might try a few :)

ChaseR392 #2762 Posted Aug 05 2019 - 03:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7863 battles

What a weekend....

Friday I was able to unlock and purchase both the Object 704 (my first Tier 9 tank) and the Charioteer. I decided to try and take advantage of the Xp madness event and snag the 50,000 Xp from the Tier 8 challenge. So basically I was a glutton for punishment all weekend. It took me about 120 battles over three days of this x5 weekend insanity to get done considering the first win in each tank you use doesn't count towards the 25. I'm not one to normally grumble about MM, but holy crap I was in a ton of battles bottom tier in my Tier 8s....

Between the 50k Xp, a couple of Tank Destroyer 401 bonuses, and the Xp conversion discount I was able grind out enough free Xp to completely upgrade both tanks and finish upgrading my KV-3. My next tech tree goal is the Doom Turtle... I almost have enough blueprint fragments to completely skip the T28 (its kinda redundant since I have the TS-5).

So the 704... I really like it though I've hardly been able to use it to its full potential this weekend. The extra pen of the BL-10 really helps make up for the meh accuracy of the big 152s. No exceptional battles yet but I have 60% winrate through the first 10 battles... can't complain about that.

The Charioteer is really sweet with the 105mm AT gun, 390 alpha with a 8.5 second reload :great:... although the HESH shells are so expensive I can't imagine actually using them. I actually lost money in the battle below because is even the standard rounds are ridiculously expensive. The battle below is only my 3rd in the tank.

Posted Image

Edited by ChaseR392, Aug 05 2019 - 03:46.

el_01 #2763 Posted Aug 05 2019 - 04:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3195 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Chase: I see the ARL in your garage. We need to platoon. Now. xD

Haven't done much, pretty mediocre gameplay because of x5 weekend. Unlocked top gun and turret on P.43. The tank is just so meh in every way that I don't really have much fun playing the thing. Unlocked the Chi-Nu, I'm ready to cry in the number of modules required. Been unlocking all my dream tanks on the test server, can't try them because nobody's on and MM takes FOREVER while not usually giving you a game. -_- I'll honestly be on the test server for longer and longer amounts of time because I can do whatever I want, don't really have to grind, and be more relaxed. Sad for normal gameplay, but I'm sure actually playing the tanks might motivate me to unlock them.

ChaseR392 #2764 Posted Aug 05 2019 - 05:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7863 battles

View Postel_01, on Aug 05 2019 - 04:38, said:

Chase: I see the ARL in your garage. We need to platoon. Now. xD

Send me a friend request in the game... we can definitely ARL 'toon sometime. I haven't played it much lately... I enjoy it but it suffers greatly during the bonus event "red tides" since it doesn't brawl well.

I run the top 90mm with the crazy (for it's Tier) pen... but man the 3+ second aim time drives me crazy sometimes.

el_01 #2765 Posted Aug 05 2019 - 05:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3195 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostChaseR392, on Aug 04 2019 - 21:03, said:

Send me a friend request in the game... we can definitely ARL 'toon sometime. I haven't played it much lately... I enjoy it but it suffers greatly during the bonus event "red tides" since it doesn't brawl well.

I run the top 90mm with the crazy (for it's Tier) pen... but man the 3+ second aim time drives me crazy sometimes.

I haven't got the top 90, using the 105mm for the meme APCR partially. Another reason is, well, damage. It's also marginally better sometimes than the F3, although I would say that the F3 is my all-round favorite because it handles well, has decent pen, and doesn't miss crazily.

On another note, I surpassed 3K battles today. woo!

el_01 #2766 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 01:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3195 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Played like a tomato all of today. Brain failed to function. Can't explain it at all. I've just been making mistake after mistake over and over again.  As a result, received flak from 1 player. Yaay. I guess I should take a break, that might be the smartest idea. Test server gives me most of the fun I get and arguably even more because I have all my dream tanks. Sadly server population is pitiful so no real random battles, only team training for me. Most of it can be attributed to me playing lighter and more fragile vehicles and playing the ARL like an actual heavy tank. Close to getting the KV-13, which is very good for me I suppose.

ChaseR392 #2767 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 04:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7863 battles

Ask me how the last couple days have been :unsure:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Somehow I've managed to keep a 51% winrate in the Charioteer... and I have one of my highest personal WN8s too, but man these losses are tough to swallow. I love this tank but sometimes the gun will troll you in ways that makes you forget about German "sniper" trolling. For the life of me I can't seem to get one of these 3.5-4k damage battles and actually get a win...

I'll have the Conway unlocked tomorrow, but I'm definitely keeping 'Teer, its a great TD at Tier 8 even with the trolly gun and limited ammo supply.

dunniteowl #2768 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 19:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 30744 battles

Sadly, Chase and el_01, my last couple days, while not as bad as they felt, sure FELT awful.  I have actually been coming out with more wins than losses lately (a recent change since my slump started back in April) so that's a good thing.

However, my tolerance level has been way, way off.  Yesterday i suicided for the first time in all my games.  Let me regale you with THAT tale...

We are on Karelia, Standard Pub match.  I'm in my Bishop, 'cause my ping is running around 280 and jumps to 500+.  So I'm already highly challenged, which I'm used to so, moving on...

I decide, today I will leave the North Spawn and instead of going through the valley pass or camp behind the cap circle to wait for them to come to me, I go South via the east corridor.  I get to the rocks where the HVYs brawl on Assault maps and get just past those to where the first real open space is and stop.  So far, no one is ahead of me other than a Chaffee and a Stug IV.  So I map check and sure enough we do have a 15 man team, but only six of them went valley.  Two of them were ahead of me, that made me number 9.  The other SIX units are all behind ME.  So far behind me, in fact, that the two HVY tanks, the MED, the 2 TDs and the other Arty were all behind the cover of those brawling rocks a good 100m away from me.

And, I killed two tanks, watched both the Stug and Chaffee bite the dust, because not ONE of those tanks behind me were willing to go and support.  I damaged two more tanks as they approached.  There was no way for me to back up, it was all open terrain and I was already spotted.  I manage to avoid getting killed by those two tanks ahead of me and still took half damage from the LeFH and a Wolverine, both of which hit me from the West side, the Wolv on the West Ridge. 

Still, if anything, those SIX units behind me moved further into cover, WAITING for the Red Team to come to them.  I ask for help.  Nope.  I shoot another tank and then FINALLY, the KV-1S behind me deigns to poke out and derp the guy I have already shot three times while taking fire from three other vehicles.  And then nothing.  Three more minutes pass by and I know there are now two more units coming at me  and I still can't move.  Six completely pristine vehicles BEHIND the arty AT freaking SPAWN and we are now left with four minutes in the game and it's now 7 (including me) to 8.  The valley is gone and we're about to get skewered like fish in a barrel and NOT ONE of those other guys repositioned to get ready for it, they were all just sitting behind me, behind rocks, and clustered in a 50m area.

Another 45s pass and nothing has happened.  I was already so triggered by these cowardly gamers, then when I saw they were going to let the other six tanks in the valley flank them without meeting it at all.  I told them, "Screw you effing cowards, I quit!"  And, for the very first time since I started playing this game, I drove my SPG over the cliffside of those rocks and just let it go.  We lost.  I had the highest score.  I died with 3m left in the match when I knew the other team was about to push hard.  No-one on my team, before or after I died, made enough damage to beat my measly 753 HP of damage in my Bishop.  And they all had 3 more minutes to do something than I gave myself.

This is not justification for my actions.  I shouldn't have done it.  I was (me, ME! <-- super rare) triggered to the breaking point and I just couldn't take it anymore sitting there watching my team mates cowering with their tails firmly tucked since the timer said BEGIN!  Better to just leave those guys to their fate is what I thought.  There was no way I was going to carry another 3K worth of HP.  No spotting, no cover and I was the Man in Front.  That's bad.

On the plus side, I was sorely tempted in that match to lay a few rounds right into the middle of my own team and I didn't even turn my SPG around, so... bonus.  I wasn't entirely out of control.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Aug 07 2019 - 19:09.

ChaseR392 #2769 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 04:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7863 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Aug 07 2019 - 19:07, said:

However, my tolerance level has been way, way off.  Yesterday i suicided for the first time in all my games.  Let me regale you with THAT tale...

I hear you dunniteowl…. my frustration has been nearing the boiling point for days now... if it wasn't for things like free Xp or the Czech marathon I'd be taking a break.

I've been so frustrated with my teams lately that I've... for the first time considered "checking out" of a game or turning one of my newly acquired 750 alpha boomsticks to face them instead of the enemy. 

Seems like these days its nothing but AFK'ers (had matches with 2 or 3), uber-campers or players who flat out don't know what role the tank they are in should play.... lights in the back, lights trying to brawl with heavies, arty up front, mediums trying to brawl, heavy snipers and the recently ever-present Twitch rental KanPaz 105's who try brawling in a casemate TD with 30mm of armor.

Its like the Twilight Zone of WOT....

el_01 #2770 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 18:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3195 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostChaseR392, on Aug 07 2019 - 20:41, said:

I hear you dunniteowl…. my frustration has been nearing the boiling point for days now... if it wasn't for things like free Xp or the Czech marathon I'd be taking a break.

I've been so frustrated with my teams lately that I've... for the first time considered "checking out" of a game or turning one of my newly acquired 750 alpha boomsticks to face them instead of the enemy. 

Seems like these days its nothing but AFK'ers (had matches with 2 or 3), uber-campers or players who flat out don't know what role the tank they are in should play.... lights in the back, lights trying to brawl with heavies, arty up front, mediums trying to brawl, heavy snipers and the recently ever-present Twitch rental KanPaz 105's who try brawling in a casemate TD with 30mm of armor.

Its like the Twilight Zone of WOT....

Highlight of this week was a SuperPershing top tier against Tier 6s on Malinovka (iirc)... Sniping in the trees line. (facepalms). Pretty good player too.

Also in the same battle two interesting players in the Jackson and Tiger P kept team damaging each other, culminating in a team kill. Feels good.

Now I can start clubbing again with the T-116 /s

MiddleAgedNoob #2771 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 13:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17615 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

An Ace, High Caliber and Scout with my T71 CMCD on Karelia.  3 kills, 2.3k direct, 1.5k assist. It was a good game, but I felt like the enemies were feeding me. 

That was my last game in the T71 CMCD.  I enjoyed the tank more than I expected to, as most people prefer its auto-loading cousin the T71 DA, which I also have.  That game unlocked the Bulldog, and by using free XP on the modules and the US blueprints I accumulated in Tank Rewards, I am completely skipping the Bulldog and going directly to the T49, which was my goal in grinding this line.  I've been counter scout derp-ed so often by red T49s that I want to try it for myself.

A link for those interested:  http://wotreplays.eu/site/4990452#karelia-middleagednoob-t71_cmcd

GLHF

dunniteowl #2772 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 00:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 30744 battles

WoW

MiddleAgedNoob!!

That's a GOOD game!

Wing up in Sah-lute!

OvO

ChaseR392 #2773 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 02:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7863 battles

Had some good battles today,

I've been devoting a lot of my playing time to the Czech Holiday so I can snag a female crew for the Czech line. Its been a roller coaster to say the least.... with a few days of really rotten luck sneaking in. But today was awesome, I racked up 10,000 damage in my Skoda T27 in 7 battles....

Posted Image

This battle was amazing... 3200 damage, bottom tier, in a medium. I'm not a great medium player, so this probably one of most enjoyable battles I've ever had. Everything just seemed to click. What makes it even better, I didn't fire a single round of premium ammo, and 3200 was good enough for highest damage in the battle.

Posted Image

This game was a lot of fun too, with a bit of a funny story. We had an IS-4 on our team, who was berated by a "know it all" in a medium tank during the countdown timer for playing a "trash tank". Let me tell you... that IS-4 driver was awesome. He spearheaded the push up the right flank and was basically a rolling fortress that took the heat off us mediums letting us pick apart red tanks basically at will. There is no way I would have gotten a 5 kill battle without that IS-4. He had the 2nd highest damage on our team as well :great:

So my thoughts on the Skoda T27? I can really only describe it with one word... pleasant. In fact it might be one of the most enjoyable tanks to play that I have, and I have a lot. It is certainly my new favorite medium. It doesn't excel at anything... but does anything that a medium should pretty darn well.

Edited by ChaseR392, Aug 16 2019 - 02:39.

el_01 #2774 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 03:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3195 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Finished up the A-43 a while ago with these two awesome battles. 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4994583#minsk-el_01-a-43

(using it as "basically a light tank&quot;)

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4994584#studzianki-el_01-a-43

(bottom tier, still did more than our tier 8s xD)

Comments on the tank: Basically a slow light tank, probably will enjoy more than Cromwell since it's Russian and can pull ridiculous stunts. Saving up free XP for top turret on KV-13 which I'm excited to play.

Also, been giggling at damage numbers with the ARL 44. Figured the 105 out, just need to let RNGesus do it all. You can hit the most silly shots with it, and enemy T67s and Tier 5s can cry in 300 alpha. Need to load the perfectly balanced APCR sometime just to one shot them tier 5s. I feel likeit's too easy to get decent WN8 in it, considering that you just do 3 shots of damage per battle and you're blue. I'm not complaining though.

Gothraul #2775 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 22:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 2426 battles

One of the very few decent battles I've had all day.

Victory!
Battle: Province
Vehicles: T-50-2
Experience received: 2,011
Credits earned: 25,238
Battle achievements: Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
Mission completed! Reward: Blueprint fragments of Czechoslovakian vehicles added: 10
Universal fragments added: 30

GAJohnnie #2776 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 00:22

Major

• Players
  • 10591 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Thanks for the review BD. Good coaching. I can see my game play is improving since I started watching your channel

banziduck #2777 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 12:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21517 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

My pleasure glad you find it helpful.

Cheers

banziduck #2778 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 13:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21517 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Rough weekend had some good games but the victories were hard to come by so many bad teams, then there was my bad play.

Cheers

GAJohnnie #2779 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 10591 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postbanziduck, on Aug 19 2019 - 07:18, said:

Rough weekend had some good games but the victories were hard to come by so many bad teams, then there was my bad play.

Cheers

I had a weird bug. System crashed at start of battle and kept crashing repeatedly as soon as the system started logging me back in. Very frustration. 1 game it works, next game random crash, then it worked. Very odd

banziduck #2780 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 16:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21517 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostGAJohnnie, on Aug 19 2019 - 09:08, said:

I had a weird bug. System crashed at start of battle and kept crashing repeatedly as soon as the system started logging me back in. Very frustration. 1 game it works, next game random crash, then it worked. Very odd

GA I have seen this but it was back when I used mods or even just XVM.  Maybe a clean install which I have done from time to time although the download sucks lol.

Cheers

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users