Major

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Sept 4th Scavenger Hunt Code:

JZ93MA9R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6petX1JnS8

Apologies for the delay with today's code! It is as follows: JZ93MA9R

Edited by GAJohnnie, Sep 04 2019 - 18:23.

el_01 #2823 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 03:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3347 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Probably the HIGHEST WN8 per day I've gotten. 

Somehow 1.3K damage plus 3 kills is enough for light purple WN8 in a KV-13, whereas 1K damage is only a green. Didn't spot for a ton either. I made a ton of mistakes that battle but the damage was fine. I'm only performing at what I maxed out at for the T-34-85, so I'm sure if I try harder I can do more.

Also, I made a ton of mistakes in my light tank battle but I guess it all worked out. Sadly WoTreplays keeps breaking my replays for some reason, so I can't quite show them to you.

Edited by el_01, Sep 05 2019 - 03:34.

GAJohnnie #2824 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 16:47

Major

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Good work El!

GAJohnnie #2825 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 01:42

Major

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Sept 5th Scavenger Hunt Code:

3XP377XR

GAJohnnie #2826 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 23:17

Major

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Todays scavenger hunt code (09-06-19):  MPKZFFCC 

dunniteowl #2827 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 06:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 31334 battles

I was 0 for 6 today up to a point.  Nothing was going right.  I did okay in most of my matches, but they all pretty much just went south in a hurry in the first six go 'rounds.  Then stuff started to swing around a bit.

In my 3 of 9 match, I did this:

Posted Image

I got both a Starks AND a Counter Battery badge.  I might upload the replay just because of the irony of the end.  I was at the end game and it was a tit for tat battle almost the whole way through.  I got spotted early and took damage, but manage to stay alive, do some hurt and stuck with the tit-for-tat.  At the last bit it was me and a Stug III against Pz Sfl.IVc a LeFH and a Grille.  The Stug took a dive against the Pz and I managed to clobber the toaster.  Then their Grille made the Stug disappear.

So now it's me and their 2 SPGs and I've got 41 HP.  As you can tell from the image, it was Studzianki.  I had taken a postion on the North West side as we spawned west side.  I did some damage to a unit or two on the north mid ridge/hill, then the one Pz T25 got overrun by three units coming off hill.  I managed to take the AMX ELC and got spotted doing so. 

The Grille is not a nimble beast, but somehow I managed to fend off fire from that, the Pz V/IV a VK 30.01(H) and a round from the LeFH as I minced back and forth, hiding in bushes in that back north west corner by the rails.  Somehow I went unpsotted, got several meters from where I went dark and just sat there.  I had just gotten a green "Loaded" reticle when the next wave came at us.

That was the 2nd kill, I waited until I pretty much couldn't miss and fired, taking out the Pz V/IV.  I danced again and both the Grille and LeFH just missed me, I was stunned for about 3s.  Never even popped a consumable.  That was when it got interesting.  I took that Mid North hill and the Stug III took the Brick Works.  He made it over the hill and we had another TD at that time, another Pz Sfl IVc on our side.  He got real close to cap and then disappeared, no unit spotted.  LeFH had to have spotted him or their TD.

Then the end game came and the Stug went out leaving me against two other SPGs.

In chat I see:  Go back to base and defend now, you're all alone.

I'm setting up on the small knoll north of east cap and rail line in the trees, thinking, the LeFH knows I'm over here somewhere, he's got much better VR.  So I type:  "LeFH has about 1.7x my VR"

As I'm typing "VR" the LeFH lights up in my VR clear as day  -- then backs up over the rails out of direct line of sight.  Too late, though.  I had him and was already pretty close to him, so aiming in was easy and I popped him.  My 6th Sense lights as I'm already backing off the knoll and backing up along the knoll in the direction of east cap side, then jam it in forward to avoid counter arty.

So now I'm thinking, "The Grille knows where I am and I have 4m left."  So when I went dark I took off back towards west cap.

I see in chat:  Stay there!  Don't move, that's safer!

I keep going.  I get past the Brick Works, cut into center of the map, cross the map from North to South via the west side creek(?) bed up to the first end of hill by the buildings.  I turn and cut across the map, straight out, figuring, I'm a one shot anyways, go for it.  My 6th Sense goes off and I jink left, then right and the Grille lights up ahead of me next to a building about 2/3 of the way to cap from his side.

Laying over on his side, facing me, but unable to aim at me from exactly where I was.  I made a move to get behind the building and saw no sigh of movement.  Probably bailed.  I shot him in the underside to ensure a good, clean kill.

So this time is the first time (I'm pretty sure) that I got both a Starks and a Counter Battery.  Made my night after those first 6 disasters.

Never Quit!  Never Surrender!

GL, HF & HYSBF!
OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Sep 07 2019 - 06:05.

GAJohnnie #2828 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 07:21

Major

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Very nice work Dun! I would of had to take a good long break after that one to get my heart beat back under control!

dunniteowl #2829 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 15:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 31334 battles

Thanks, GA!

Those are the matches that drive me to the forums.  The excitement has to have an outlet for me to 'cool down' a bit.  It is reminiscent of playing paintball in some respects -- without all the running, thorn bushes, uneven ground and mosquitoes -- and taking some time to let the 'rush' wear off is something you want to do.

In fact, I have found that jumping immediately into another match after something like that is what leads to high levels of inconsistent playing.  I had a bad enough last couple days as it was, so doing things I know make for inconsistent play is not something I wish to purposely pursue.  I came out of last night with 27 battles, only 13 of which I won.

Considering I started off 0 for 6, that's not too bad, however, I seemed to find those teams that just couldn't pour piss out of a boot even if the instructions were on the heel.  I had some awesome damage games last night with a ping exceeding 200 keeping me in SPGs only, but Fighter Badges can only carry me so far if the rest of the team is one or two tiers higher, faster and BEHIND me.

I literally had a battle on Ruinberg in the Bishop where I took out 4 units, did over 1200 damage and we lost with me being highest damage and kills as bottom tier in a 5/6/7 tier match.  Other matches were like that as well.  I'd set up and get going and end up watching us get pushed back.  I played parts Erlenberg I never touched before -- and the same on Redshire -- BECAUSE my team was pushed back farther than I'd ever seen in all the times I played on those maps.

In all, a fairly frustrating evening in terms of success as wins.  That said, I kicked some serious booty in all but 7 or 8 of those 27 matches.  It wasn't me not contributing that caused any of those losses last night.  I definitely set an example of, "Never Give Up, Never Surrender," Last night.  Yeah, I showed them that, alright.  On Erlenberg, Redshire, Ensk, Empire's Border, El Halluf, Studzianki, Minsk, Paris and Mannerheim.  Repeatedly.  

Just wish I hadn't inspired Red Team, instead.  ;)

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Dr_Jerkov #2830 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 16:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1358 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-
I learned how to drive. I spent the first 897 battles sitting in place, the first 293 battles were spent learning how to move my turret. Now once I learn to shoot, I will be golden.

GAJohnnie #2831 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 17:07

Major

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Sept 7th Scavenger Hunt Code: PFXXJKA6

GAJohnnie #2832 Posted Sep 08 2019 - 22:06

Major

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Sept 8th Scavenger Hunt code:  TX74M2C6

GAJohnnie #2833 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 15:36

Major

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Sept 9th Scavenger Hunt Code:

MFCZFR2H

GAJohnnie #2834 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 15:38

Major

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Tier 8 Lorr 40T in a tier 10 match. 4th in total damage and exp in an absolute Roll Stomp. I got killed by Twitch Streamer Tru-Voodoo. About all that happened in my games recently

el_01 #2835 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 23:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3347 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Today, el_01 presents: a serious error in judgement!

My computer has been sent off to Lenovo for repairs, so I can't do anything with WoT for the time being. I'm on linux too :D

It sort of sucks, since I'm missing the first day of TankRewards (thankfully it doesn't look all that bad because of the number of missions that there are), plus since I started playing WoWS recently I still have some premium time off of that that's being wasted away these few days. Yaaaay! I guess since I don't have time for more than 5 battles a day the premium time's advantages are sort of lost on me, but it hurts. TankRewards this month looks disappointing too: Assuming I can read properly, only 2 national blueprints? Really? I haven't gotten *any* nationals through randoms, so what should I do with 2? I can't complain though, at least there are UK blueprints so I can invest it in the medium line that I haven't bothered with.

What they could do is give free XP or crew books as rewards, but I'm not complaining. Free stuff is free.

Also, remember the extra high WN8 day? Yeah, things fell off a cliff. 200 or so when I last played. 

dunniteowl #2836 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 04:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 31334 battles

It's been a rough period for a while.  My WR has been slowly creeping back up and my nights lately are ultimately more positive than negative, so that's been good, even though I didn't have that many superlative games or even really good ones in a row.

I'm on a bit of a 'hot' streak at the moment and just did these three games back to back:

Posted Image

The day has been going overall pretty good and this triple win 1K+ damage games in a row lifted my less than super happy mood from earlier.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Sep 10 2019 - 04:56.

MiddleAgedNoob #2837 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 13:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18127 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View Postel_01, on Sep 09 2019 - 17:55, said:

Today, el_01 presents: a serious error in judgement!

My computer has been sent off to Lenovo for repairs, so I can't do anything with WoT for the time being. I'm on linux too :D

It sort of sucks, since I'm missing the first day of TankRewards (thankfully it doesn't look all that bad because of the number of missions that there are), plus since I started playing WoWS recently I still have some premium time off of that that's being wasted away these few days. Yaaaay! I guess since I don't have time for more than 5 battles a day the premium time's advantages are sort of lost on me, but it hurts. TankRewards this month looks disappointing too: Assuming I can read properly, only 2 national blueprints? Really? I haven't gotten *any* nationals through randoms, so what should I do with 2? I can't complain though, at least there are UK blueprints so I can invest it in the medium line that I haven't bothered with.

What they could do is give free XP or crew books as rewards, but I'm not complaining. Free stuff is free.

Also, remember the extra high WN8 day? Yeah, things fell off a cliff. 200 or so when I last played. 

WoT on Linux is quite doable, although I've experienced a bit of a performance hit (about 10% in fps).  Others see no difference. See this thread here:  http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/549779-linux-players-clans-for-us/page__st__20__pid__12019152#entry12019152

Linux/Lutris/Wine does offer a way to keep playing on an older computer if you are unwilling to pay for a new version of Windows.

GLHF

GAJohnnie #2838 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
SEPT 10TH Scavenger Hunt Code:   ZY969W64

banziduck #2839 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 17:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21780 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostGAJohnnie, on Sep 10 2019 - 10:01, said:

SEPT 10TH Scavenger Hunt Code:   ZY969W64

Thanks GA

el_01 #2840 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 23:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3347 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostMiddleAgedNoob, on Sep 10 2019 - 05:17, said:

WoT on Linux is quite doable, although I've experienced a bit of a performance hit (about 10% in fps).  Others see no difference. See this thread here:  http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/549779-linux-players-clans-for-us/page__st__20__pid__12019152#entry12019152

Linux/Lutris/Wine does offer a way to keep playing on an older computer if you are unwilling to pay for a new version of Windows.

GLHF

View PostMiddleAgedNoob, on Sep 10 2019 - 05:17, said:

GLHF

Well, uh, I'm using a Dell laptop without any graphics solution other than integrated graphics. Plus a 2nd-gen i5. Don't think it will work out well (shrugs).

I am planning on getting Arch for my normal laptop, but I'm not sure how well WoT will work with i3. I have a *strong* feeling of "bad"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users